Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

oliwan posted:

I love FW for its football content but man, I really don't care about any of these people's life outside of football.

maybe going to listen to the Auclair one tho, he actually seems interesting

Do as he is really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Athletico Mince probably dead now after Andy tweeted a desire to chase Cummings (or Gove?) Down the street and kick him in the bollocks repeatedly in front of his wife and kids, which the pearl clutchers have seized upon resulting in his account deletion.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
CumGate

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Athletico Mince probably dead now after Andy tweeted a desire to chase Cummings (or Gove?) Down the street and kick him in the bollocks repeatedly in front of his wife and kids, which the pearl clutchers have seized upon resulting in his account deletion.

Yeah he had a long day

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
His wikipedia page makes for an interesting read right now.

Edit: or it did, that was quick!

Simiain fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 26, 2020

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What did it say

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Simiain posted:

His wikipedia page makes for an interesting read right now.

Edit: or it did, that was quick!

Take a loving screenshot you doofus, you fail rear end bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Bape Culture posted:

What did it say

Said he was a diddler and that he called someone the N word, sorry I didnt take the shot wikimods are quicker than I thought!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I don't see how getting banned from twitter excludes you from making a podcast tho. Although he's probably better off with no twitter because he just could never not get into massive arguments with everyone constantly, must be a sunland thing

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

If he has sponsors then maybe advocating for violence vs a public figure is not the right idea. Business suicide

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Weaponized Cum posted:

If he has sponsors then maybe advocating for violence vs a public figure is not the right idea. Business suicide

He doesn’t have sponsors he has Club Parsnips members like me paying $3/month ftw.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The man doing all his heavy lifting regularly appears on mainstream tv both as a guest and with his own show.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
How will he search on twitter for people saying his name and respond to any sort of mild criticism now?!

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Got round to listening to the Newcastle episode of fw today. The fan club representative was absolutely pathetic I thought.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

The Perfect Element posted:

Got round to listening to the Newcastle episode of fw today. The fan club representative was absolutely pathetic I thought.

What was it like getting to chat with Barry though lol

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

The Perfect Element posted:

Yeah, the contradictions and absolute bullshit in his arguments was terrible. Agreed with Barney's take on it today and enjoyed his episode a lot.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So the Athletic Acquired Totally Football?

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08grz6g I know nothing about football like Louis but he has a candid chat with Troy Deeney in his latest podcast episode and the foot is mentioned once or twice.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Hmm I’ve just noticed that since Andy melted down on twitter following his Gove “joke” there has been no posts from them or the Mince twitter account. Nothing on Patreon either.

RIP Athletico Mince 2016-2020

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Brass Hand posted:

Hmm I’ve just noticed that since Andy melted down on twitter following his Gove “joke” there has been no posts from them or the Mince twitter account. Nothing on Patreon either.

RIP Athletico Mince 2016-2020

i unfollowed andy because he spent literally every minute of the day meltdown posting about how bad the Labour Party was and then immediately switched to ‘how did we end up voting for the conservatives in the north’ posting meltdowns

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

RideTheSpiral posted:

i unfollowed andy because he spent literally every minute of the day meltdown posting about how bad the Labour Party was and then immediately switched to ‘how did we end up voting for the conservatives in the north’ posting meltdowns

So he was stealing all his content from D&D

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

He’s an unfunny dipshit and I wish bob just had his own podcast with guests or summat

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

It took me a few episodes of Athletico Mince to work out that Andy wasn't just the recording guy that Bob was bouncing stories off of.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

*sings the same lovely song with no jokes 25 times*

Please donate

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I’ll miss Mrs.Beardsley.

I still burst out laughing when I think of Princess the Mouse

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I have been listening to football weekly and surprisingly the totally football show over the ramble in lockdown.

Has anyone tried the athletics individual podcasts for each team? I'm just interested in the format?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

I listen to the Spurs one sometimes. It's completely unremarkable.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Weaponized Cum posted:

I listen to the Spurs one sometimes. It's completely unremarkable.

The podcast or the team?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The Arsenal one has Lee Dixon on as a regular. Which is quite amusing because all the fans have one opinion and then he just disagrees with them as a grumpy old ex pro. When they'd all lathered themselves up for Arteta and he rained on their parade was very fun. 'It's great to have a club legend like Arteta back' 'is he?' *Awkward silence* :allears:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Christ. Would have thought Arteta would be considered an Everton legend before he would be considered one for Arsenal!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The Arsenal one has Lee Dixon on as a regular. Which is quite amusing because all the fans have one opinion and then he just disagrees with them as a grumpy old ex pro. When they'd all lathered themselves up for Arteta and he rained on their parade was very fun. 'It's great to have a club legend like Arteta back' 'is he?' *Awkward silence* :allears:

It’s a really good dynamic with him, Amy Lawrence, and Gunnerblog.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sid Low in full force on this latest FW lol

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I hear "the last dance" referenced on so many podcasts now. I haven't watched it so for a millisecond my brain thinks they are referring to this (which I wish they were).

"Save the Last Dance is a 2001 American teen dance film produced by MTV Productions, directed by Thomas Carter and released by Paramount Pictures on January 12, 2001. The film stars Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas as a teenage interracial couple in Chicago who work together to help the main character, played by Stiles, train for a dance audition.."

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
RIP Mince :(

Also The Football Ramble just seems totally poo poo now and stretched way too thin.

I've been listening to the totally football podcast with James and it's improved significantly since I've last tried it a year or two ago.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Jack Charlton FW episode was good, in case you were wondering.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

meat CRime posted:

Also The Football Ramble just seems totally poo poo now and stretched way too thin.

I've been listening to the totally football podcast with James and it's improved significantly since I've last tried it a year or two ago.

I've been picking and choosing between Ramble and FW eps since the football came back and I think that's kind of been the best way to do it. Even though there's games basically every day, trying to keep up with multiple hours of content every day is just way too much.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Nish is a good addition to the ramble. I agree that the TFS is good now. Football weekly still is the best.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

meat CRime posted:

What's happened with Mince?

Agree on The Ramble. The new people are good, but it's not the same as when it's the regular 4. When they went to 6 days a week, the only new one I listened to regularly was the Blizzard one. 5 regular shows per week is too much. I guess they're doing what they need to to survive at the moment though, so fair enough I guess. I'm not sure how their other shows are doing, but the ads for them on The Ramble make them sound awful.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
are you talking about shows like:

pete is in japan
pete is talking about wrestling
pete and luke talk about (undefined)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

are you talking about shows like:

pete is in japan
pete is talking about wrestling
pete and luke talk about (undefined)

Yes. Also the one where two girls talk about being teenagers. They haven't been advertising that one as much lately though, but I think it's still going.

The Offensive is pretty good once it gets beyond being the Thick Of It ripoff it was at the start. I did listen to Luke & Pete for a while and it was ok, but just another in a long line of podcasts that are just two 30 something men talking about nothing in particular and there are better pods that do that.