Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If this year doesn't end with a BLM protestor posting a photo of themselves taking a poo poo on Trump's golden toilet (in the vein of the photos of Iraqi protestors sitting on Saddam's thrones or Lee Miller scrubbing her back in Hitler's bath) I'll be super disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lmao source them quotes

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

MrMojok posted:

I've had about enough of this poo poo.

It is not at all irrelevant. Trump's fixer Barr is completely subverting the justice department, with the goal being total elimination of the rule of law. To change things so that Trump can do whatever he wants, totally without fear of recourse. Biden is not going to do this. No sane candidate is ever going to do this.

You may have not been happy with the Obama presidency, but man, you are going to hate the second Trump term, if he wins. You won't loving believe the things you see happen in a second Trump term, nor will you believe the things that happen after that, for the rest of your life.

He has told you straight-up, who he is, and what he wants. He has told you what his vision is-- it consists of total control of all media, dissidents silenced through any means necessary, blatant racism and further marginalization/elimination of anyone who isn't white, people in cages on the border, rigged, Putin-style "elections", cozying up to dictators, executions for crimes deemed to be harmful to the state (of which there will be many), and vilification of science and intellectualism.

If you think there is no difference between Trump getting elected and Biden getting elected, really all I can say is gently caress you.

People who say that poo poo and proudly claim they won't vote for Biden while claiming to fight and support for liberal values just boggle my mind. It's incredibly priviledged, ideologically motivated, and most of all childishly spiteful concidering the circumstances. People are fighting and dying for a system in which they can vote out people like trump all around the world, and people still don't vote against a faschist because they don't like the other person. Get your head out of your rear end, drat. You're not voting for a person, you are voting for an entire government with people who need a chance to make the world a bit better, even if it's not going to be Biden himself.

Also coincidentally the never bidens sound exactly the same as hardcore chuds with all their "Biden will do this and Biden will do that". Trump is doing poo poo that's absolutely horrible, biden won't do what's necessary but he'll at least respect democratic values and attempt to work with progressives instead of trying to put them in jail.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i want to save this system that reduced my choices to two senile old rapists who i both hate and neither of which represent me in any meaningful way. i will fight to preserve this status quo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Most of us aren't liberals here so I don't know why you'd expect that idiotic failed ideology to be anything but mocked

Most of us are voting too, just not for Biden, so allow your weary and overstrained conscience to rest easy, as many are still going to perform the ritual despite it having failed to improve or change things for longer than most of us have been alive.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Most of us are voting too, just not for Biden

"Biden and Trump are basically the same" and "I'm voting for a third, better option" are not synonymous statements. The only drawback an independent candidate has is that they're not very strategic, but strategic voting is a big part of the problem in the first place, so I can't criticize not doing that.

A better system would allow you to vote for an independent candidate and if they fail still let you voice your preference of Biden over Trump.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

honestly I'm not going to bother voting this time around, I'm not putting my name behind either Biden or Trump in this farcical two party election

if Trump wins because of that, so be it

maybe it will get the liberals to actually recognize the need to move beyond capitalism

the status quo was hell already, and this rotten husk of a system isn't worth preserving any longer

couldn't give a gently caress for this election, and I recommend people vote with their fists.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not saying they're the same, I'm saying they're equally incapable of addressing the current moment in this national mood without brutal crackdowns. Dems couldn't even handle OWS without coordinating with the jackboots lmao

He's a fantastic candidate for anybody who is largely happy with what trump has been doing but largely unhappy with the reasons, people who have gotten richer under Trump but are offended by what a boorish oaf he is, which is to say 99% of Dem leadership. Ask Reade how different Neera is from O'Keefe

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Funion posted:

honestly I'm not going to bother voting this time around, I'm not putting my name behind either Biden or Trump in this farcical two party election

maybe it will get the liberals to actually recognize the need to move beyond capitalism

the status quo was hell already, and this rotten husk of a system isn't worth preserving any longer

couldn't give a gently caress for this election, and I recommend people vote with their fists.

tbh with the trajectory AZ is on I can't really recommend anybody vote unless it's a mail in ballot you put into a 7 day quarantine

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ranked choice would be pretty great but what we really need is to tear everything down and implement eco-Stalinism or, at minimum, a parliamentary system with an expanded House of 3500 seats minimum

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

What the gently caress does voting for Biden or not voting for Biden have to do with Trump voters realizing they're going to die under Trump

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

silvergoose posted:

What the gently caress does voting for Biden or not voting for Biden have to do with Trump voters realizing they're going to die under Trump

a preview in case the next thread becomes Biden voters realizing they're going to die under Biden

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm allowing the thread to wander a bit until the memorial day cases start becoming a mortality wave that keeps rising

Anyway by not voting for Biden we are trump voters and we definitely all realize we're gonna die under the man at this rate

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Funion posted:

a preview in case the next thread becomes Biden voters realizing they're going to die under Biden

The working idea for the November thread if Biden wins is "post Biden voters realizing the poors are still angry under Biden here", good spirit but needs more workshopping

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Son of Rodney posted:

People who say that poo poo and proudly claim they won't vote for Biden while claiming to fight and support for liberal values just boggle my mind. It's incredibly priviledged, ideologically motivated, and most of all childishly spiteful concidering the circumstances. People are fighting and dying for a system in which they can vote out people like trump all around the world, and people still don't vote against a faschist because they don't like the other person. Get your head out of your rear end, drat. You're not voting for a person, you are voting for an entire government with people who need a chance to make the world a bit better, even if it's not going to be Biden himself.

Also coincidentally the never bidens sound exactly the same as hardcore chuds with all their "Biden will do this and Biden will do that". Trump is doing poo poo that's absolutely horrible, biden won't do what's necessary but he'll at least respect democratic values and attempt to work with progressives instead of trying to put them in jail.

lmao

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Funion posted:

Bad news about the direction liberals move in when capitalism fails.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
no guys you see I am the purest trump hater because I think every politician is the exact same :smug:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Epic High Five posted:

The working idea for the November thread if Biden wins is "post Biden voters realizing the poors are still angry under Biden here", good spirit but needs more workshopping

Maybe "post Biden voters realizing everyone's going to die under Biden here"...

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Bad news about the direction liberals move in when capitalism fails.

they're already moving in that direction, but crack pings makes the revolution go round, so I only hope that would turn some of them at the very least

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
you prob should vote for biden but you are under zero obligation to because he really can't be bothered representing you: his real target are the suburban republicans who this time really will vote for the democratic party

oh yeah they'll prob say he has the most liberal policy platform ever, but lmao he'll never ever loving implement that anyway

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Phobophilia posted:

you prob should vote for biden but you are under zero obligation to because he really can't be bothered representing you: his real target are the suburban republicans who this time really will vote for the democratic party

oh yeah they'll prob say he has the most liberal policy platform ever, but lmao he'll never ever loving implement that anyway

I've heard from mouthpieces that it's the most progressive platform in history, but that tactic seems to have been abandoned since the campaign itself keeps pushing back on it

Most liberal ever, probably a case for that actually

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

this is kind of a non-issue anyways, because lmao if you think the election won't be rife with voter suppression/poll closures/fraud/outright denial by trump the way things are going

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Funion posted:

this is kind of a non-issue anyways, because lmao if you think the election won't be rife with voter suppression/poll closures/fraud/outright denial by trump the way things are going

People are hoping for some dramatic confrontation when in reality it's gonna be thousands of conservative lawyers engaging in a multi-state Brooks Brothers riot to obfuscate and muddle swing state results to have them thrown to the captured judiciary

There will never be a "Biden has won, time for Trump to admit defeat or not" moment. It's gonna be "confusion and errors are slowing the counts to a crawl while lawsuits pile up" for a week and then Trump is announced winner and the libs accept it because the legitimacy has been laundered through the courts and all they care about is the process

It also works because the confusion will set up a scenario where if Biden wins it will be massively contested on the assumption that the Dems are so pathetic and cowardly that they'd decline to defend their own victory

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

People are hoping for some dramatic confrontation when in reality it's gonna be thousands of conservative lawyers engaging in a multi-state Brooks Brothers riot to obfuscate and muddle swing state results to have them thrown to the captured judiciary

There will never be a "Biden as won, time for Trump to admit defeat or not" moment. It's gonna be "confusion and errors are slowing the counts to a crawl while lawsuits pile up" for a week and then Trump is announced winner and the libs accept it because the legitimacy has been laundered through the courts and all they care about is the process

It also works because the confusion will set up a scenario where if Biden wins it will be massively contested on the assumption that the Dems are so pathetic and cowardly that they'd decline to defend their own victory

:hmmyes:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
gently caress joe biden

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Son of Rodney posted:

get a load of this dipshit

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

There will never be a "Biden has won, time for Trump to admit defeat or not" moment. It's gonna be "confusion and errors are slowing the counts to a crawl while lawsuits pile up" for a week and then Trump is announced winner and the libs accept it because the legitimacy has been laundered through the courts and all they care about is the process

I mean they've already said theres no point in kicking bill Barr out of office even though they could do so and already known he's planning on loving with the elections. They've already given up.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Epic High Five posted:

I've heard from mouthpieces that it's the most progressive platform in history, but that tactic seems to have been abandoned since the campaign itself keeps pushing back on it

Most liberal ever, probably a case for that actually

Both parties are the same insofar as their inbred party apparatchiks continually try to make the demented old men they're forcing on the rest of us more palatable, only to be yelled at when pop pops sundowning kicks in

This election will be purely between senile boomers having their last stand over if the 60s were groovy or if they were a drat shame

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the dems decided that stopping even the most basic of socdem reform was more important than beating the fash, they've made their bed now they can lie in it

the real arena for enacting change now is on the streets, hth

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

See, I'm not sure that's true. I think he's just got a target audience he plays to very well. If you stood him up in front of a bunch of leftists and told him you'd build a bunch more Trump Hotels if he could get them cheering, I'm not sure he could do it. He has two main intersections of the population under his belt:

1) Rich people
2) Racist people

Those two groups cover a large majority of the US voting population and power brokers, so he's good at appealing to them. I don't think he's a good showman in general. He's just such a sleazy rear end in a top hat of an elite that he can get both bougies and reactionaries on his side.

Describing those two groups as a “large majority of the US voting population” is loony, he lost the popular vote by a landslide.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Describing those two groups as a “large majority of the US voting population” is loony, he lost the popular vote by a landslide.

Good thing there was an "and" after that

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Good thing there was an "and" after that
what

Apr 7, 2003

The Trump coalition represents an extremely loud minority of Americans who get excessive media coverage because the news operates on the same principles the Howard Stern Show did in the nineties. If you think they’re a “majority” you’re out of your gourd.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cotton and Hawley are both trying to be the guy but I think they're too dorky.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Trump doesn't have a 'large majority' of support, he has enough of a base of support to win the Presidential election, which he's literally done, and it hasn't definitively eroded even after he's begun an apparent bid to exterminate his constituency. You can be as mad as you want that the ding dang cheeto in the White House did in fact legitimately win an election (unlike the far more acceptable, 'normal' Republicans like Bush we're all supposed to be dreaming of a return to) and the world's only response will be lol

Apr 7, 2003

That's a statement on our lovely system that lets a party dominate national politics with ~18% of the country behind them, not a statement on the president's overwhelming popularity.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump has a majority of support among the classes and political inclinations that are elevated and granted extra power in our system

Apr 7, 2003

Irrelevant to my point, describing Trump's base of support as anything close to a "majority" is loving broke-brained.

CrimsonWolf
Aug 4, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

They would absolutely be screaming about FEMA death camps and shooting up hospitals. I mean gently caress a Trump chud did that in California by attempting to derail a train (!!) in order to ram it into a hospital ship (!!??) that was OUT AT SEA (!!!!!!!!!) because he thought covid was a liberal hoax to control people.

can you post a link to that, as I somehow managed to miss us becoming the Saints Row universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
It would be pretty cool if the GOP ran nothing but Trump Kids for the next 50 years, and they all fail miserably, because they don't have half the charisma of their cheeseburger father