Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Could someone post a new invite link for the discord? It's time for the lifeboats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I don't know if there's a specific ADTRW discord or not anymore but here's one if no others exist.

https://discord.gg/u8s5kEB

(no rules or anything now because I'm going to bed, I will put those in if anyone joins)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

No not really

lol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

everythingWasBees posted:

stair was exiled due to too much weedposting
That's unfair. :(

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
how am i going to barge into streams 1/2 way through a series now

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I wanna use my last post to say Sayaka Miki did nothing wrong.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, I'm still holding the course for the Appmon Silmuwatch but I'm probably gonna bounce once that's done.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it would be cool if jeffrey from yospos took the forums from lowtax and just kept on like it has been.

I don't think lowtax would necessarily do that, but I can hope

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

it would be cool if jeffrey from yospos took the forums from lowtax and just kept on like it has been.

I don't think lowtax would necessarily do that, but I can hope

This, or anyone else vaguely competent.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lowtax should just sell Jeffrey the forums but he'll probably burn the house down out of spite

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

maybe this time the forums will end up more dead than gay

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

i heard the forums were collapsing

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
the forums, and this subforum, have been worse off w/o you

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

lol youtube banned them after 10 minutes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that is the most hosed up thing I hats happened this week

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Captain Cappy posted:

I thought that's what you're watching though. It looks scaled up in a weird way where the lines stayed extra crisp but other stuff got fuzzy.

it's the blu-ray rips. ai upscaling artifacts in video look even worse than a fuzzy source that doesn't scale up perfectly well

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

z0glin returns to sound the Gjallarhorn.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cuntellectual posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

everyone's probably seen this but if you haven't lowtax apparently beats his girlfriend

that's all resume posting anime.

kimochi warui

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If for whatever reason the forums are dead tomorrow:

The other anime discords I attend are the Kaguya Discord and the CSB (Super Best Friends) Discord. Grouchio here, Grouchio there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well I guess I know where I'm not going.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i won't be going there BUT wish grouchio the best

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

goddamn

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

lol

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Cuntellectual posted:

I don't know if there's a specific ADTRW discord or not anymore but here's one if no others exist.

https://discord.gg/u8s5kEB

(no rules or anything now because I'm going to bed, I will put those in if anyone joins)

Okay but where are the real servers? I just want to laugh at funny anime and talk about why HxH rules.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

stair was exiled due to too much weedposting

I left because there were rude dudes

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

lol

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

lmao

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jon Joe posted:

Okay but where are the real servers? I just want to laugh at funny anime and talk about why HxH rules.

I’ve seen enough hxh chat for my lifetime, thanks

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

I’ve seen enough hxh chat for my lifetime, thanks

what if funny clown man was scary

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stair is my friend and I wish people were nicer to him. However I wish he wasn't spending so much time smoking weed. I blame Alzam

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram has corrupted me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Afternoon everyone. I had been busy with work and talking with other Mods and Admins about the future of SA, so I didn't have time to pen a concise message about the issue yet, but I will say Reene's admin announcement is spot on. I believe in Logan Day's claims, and my loyalty is with the userbase of Something Awful. We mods aren't ready to give up on the SA forums yet, but I feel the most important thing right now is for posters to stay connected to each other, to be able to comfort each other, and to have support lines when they need it. There are individual discords for specific threads, such as the Gunpla thread, the Tokusatsu thread, and the Toonami thread, but they do not wish to become ADTRW discords or to be flooded with a bunch of refugees. Cuntellectual made a discord for this purpose, and I did join it to be able to reach out to as many ADTRW posters as possible, but I'll be honest and say that I do not trust Cuntellectual as a poster, and if other people do not feel comfortable posting there and want me to do so, I could set up a separate ADTRW discord server.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

z0glin Warchief posted:

z0glin lives! :eyepop:

For real though, I hope you're doing alright, we haven't heard from you in ages.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

THIS IS THE FUTURE OF ADTRW

https://discord.gg/rbk5PtD

I AM GOD NOW I REVERE ONLY MYSELF

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

THIS IS THE FUTURE OF ADTRW

https://discord.gg/rbk5PtD

I AM GOD NOW I REVERE ONLY MYSELF

dead link op

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Julias posted:

Afternoon everyone. I had been busy with work and talking with other Mods and Admins about the future of SA, so I didn't have time to pen a concise message about the issue yet, but I will say Reene's admin announcement is spot on. I believe in Logan Day's claims, and my loyalty is with the userbase of Something Awful. We mods aren't ready to give up on the SA forums yet, but I feel the most important thing right now is for posters to stay connected to each other, to be able to comfort each other, and to have support lines when they need it. There are individual discords for specific threads, such as the Gunpla thread, the Tokusatsu thread, and the Toonami thread, but they do not wish to become ADTRW discords or to be flooded with a bunch of refugees. Cuntellectual made a discord for this purpose, and I did join it to be able to reach out to as many ADTRW posters as possible, but I'll be honest and say that I do not trust Cuntellectual as a poster, and if other people do not feel comfortable posting there and want me to do so, I could set up a separate ADTRW discord server.

i'd rather have a discord server that was owned by a different user, frankly

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

z0glin Warchief posted:

zoglin has returned?

Then it truly is the end times...

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Summon seven Discords, have them fight til one is left standing and use the combined posting energy to wish for a new forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

i'd rather have a discord server that was owned by a different user, frankly