Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

Firos posted:

Again, do you really think we want someone with an attitude like yours in our community? You've been abrasive, condescending and hysterical the entire time most of us have been aware of your existence. Why would we want someone as hot headed as you?

Testerical, surely?

And thanks, I have learnt a lot from following UKMTs over the years. And sorry that my contributions have been few and mostly low content quips. Like the immediately preceding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

crispix posted:

Anyone who prefers not to move on from the 1990s is welcome on #ukgoons IRC channel - link in OP :coffeepal:

can i call tommy robinson a "microdicked fucktard" without incurring the wrath of a nerdhitler?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
aaaah i can feel it, the rumbling of a thousand angry dickheads googling "is fucktard an ableist slur?" so they can find a digital knife to plunge into my vile dark heart. lmao

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Mate calm down, holy poo poo

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

We didn’t need to google it because we’ve grasped the basic strands of a simple point, hth

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

this is definitely testeria

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

For anyone joining the discord, we don't own or control the auth bot, so sorry about the "praise lowtax" horseshit, but it's automated and nobody human will see it

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Sanitary Naptime posted:

We didn’t need to google it because we’ve grasped the basic strands of a simple point, hth

jesus don't cocktease me. is it or isn't it?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

mehall posted:

For anyone joining the discord, we don't own or control the auth bot, so sorry about the "praise lowtax" horseshit, but it's automated and nobody human will see it

this is a lie, mehall fully supports spousal abuse. he told me.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Sanitary Naptime posted:

loving splitter

More like a netsplitter!!! :dadjoke:

I just find Discord hard work tbh. There's just too much stuff :/

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Jose Mengelez posted:

jesus don't cocktease me. is it or isn't it?

It’s plainly obvious

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jose Mengelez posted:

this is a lie, mehall fully supports spousal abuse. he told me.

on kiwifarms, where we post graham linehand/jk rowling slashfic together

Sanitary Naptime posted:

It’s plainly obvious

it means someone who can't gently caress good, that's why it's paired with microdicked. if you consider this ableism there's no hope for you.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

if you make a portmanteau of a slur its still a slur lol, use your brain

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Jose Mengelez posted:

it means someone who can't gently caress good, that's why it's paired with microdicked. if you consider this ableism there's no hope for you.

Lmao

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jose posted:

i should probably post the sounding ones just for jaeluni asjul

:nws::nms:

https://imgur.com/0qgxWNQ
https://i.imgur.com/NeQEFAp

Dear Mr Jose,
We have considered your kind offer of viewing your portfolio.
On full consideration, we have regretfully concluded that your portfolio will not meet our specifications for viewability and must, therefore, decline to accept.
We wish you every success in hawking your portfolio elsewhere.
Yours sincerely
Jaeluni Asjil (CEO)
Jaeluni Amalgamated Megacorp Ltd

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Jose Mengelez posted:

on kiwifarms, where we post graham linehand/jk rowling slashfic together

thats not even what it means, this is incredible

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Communist Thoughts posted:

if you make a portmanteau of a slur its still a slur lol, use your brain

stfu dotard.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

crispix posted:

More like a netsplitter!!! :dadjoke:

I just find Discord hard work tbh. There's just too much stuff :/

Yeah I think the only times I've skipped a huge wodge of posts in the UKMT is when It has been well and truly Happening, and it's just people reacting to live events (election nights and similar). On Discord there's no way to keep up, and it's more chat anyway.

Don't die, forums :( (purely selfishly. Bad man still bad)

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Hey People, need some phone advice.

We're sorting out a replacement phone for a family friend with dementia who's had to move into a care home.

We've got her one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00V02YN1O/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

I ordered a free sim from Three, but I didn't realise until it got here that in needed to be 3G capable.

We're going with PAYG, because she has dementia, and we're not next of kin or anything. So a contract would be a pain to arrange or cancel.

Can anyone recommend a provider who does PAYG, provides Standard size SIM cards, doesn't need 3G and we can top up online for her without a problem.

Thanks.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

thats not even what it means, this is incredible

sorry you're right

fucktard
/ˈfʌktɑːd/
nounvulgar slang
noun: fucktard; plural noun: fucktard

forums user "Communist Thoughts"

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Deptfordx posted:

We're sorting out a replacement phone for a family friend with dementia who's had to move into a care home.

We've got her one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00V02YN1O/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

I ordered a free sim from Three, but I didn't realise until it got here that in needed to be 3G capable.

We're going with PAYG, because she has dementia, and we're not next of kin or anything. So a contract would be a pain to arrange or cancel.

Can anyone recommend a provider who does PAYG, provides Standard size SIM cards, doesn't need 3G and we can top up online for her without a problem.

Thanks.

/meltdown

depending on thier age would something like this not be easier?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Deptfordx posted:

Thanks.

pretty sure EE send their sim cards in a standard size which you can pop out of it's template for a smaller size where necessary

https://shop.ee.co.uk/price-plans/free-sim

edit: you can also register it online to top up etc.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
taking a break from jose mengelez meltdown and lowtax stuff I received an email about furlough i need to sign to keep getting it. Should I be concerned about this "i am actively looking for new assignments" bit?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Looke posted:

pretty sure EE send their sim cards in a standard size which you can pop out of it's template for a smaller size where necessary

https://shop.ee.co.uk/price-plans/free-sim

edit: you can also register it online to top up etc.

I thought EE were 3G only? I could be wrong.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Be aware, any PAYG SIM not used for 6 months, and I mean used to send a text or make an outbound call, inbound only stuff doesn't work, will go inactive, and the number will be reclaimed.

Most operators should offer any SIM size yuou need, they mostly all use the 3-in-1 pop-out kind like what looke said

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

taking a break from jose mengelez meltdown and lowtax stuff I received an email about furlough i need to sign to keep getting it. Should I be concerned about this "i am actively looking for new assignments" bit?

calm down dude, jesus.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Jose Mengelez posted:

/meltdown

depending on thier age would something like this not be easier?

Is that a rotary mobile phone? Such a weird mix of technological eras, it's giving me really uncomfortable vibes, I love it.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Deptfordx posted:

I thought EE were 3G only? I could be wrong.

I don't think so

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Is that a rotary mobile phone? Such a weird mix of technological eras, it's giving me really uncomfortable vibes, I love it.

was thinking someone with dementia of a certain age might still have the muscle memory of using a rotary phone.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, just checked. Looks like you need 3G for the internet etc which is not required. Even before the dementia she was completley tech-illiterate. I'd be very suprised if she even knew how to send a text message at any point.

I'll order one and see how it works.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jose posted:

Is it from your employer or the government? Assignments is a strange term to use but the generic furlough agreement allows you to look for other work as long as your local agreement with your employer doesn't forbid it so I don't think it's inherently a cause for alarm.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

namesake posted:

Is it from your employer or the government? Assignments is a strange term to use but the generic furlough agreement allows you to look for other work as long as your local agreement with your employer doesn't forbid it so I don't think it's inherently a cause for alarm.

its from the umbrella company that pay me. i just sent it off anyway because i'm hosed otherwise lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Send them the prolapse pics

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Jose Mengelez posted:

sorry you're right

fucktard
/ˈfʌktɑːd/
nounvulgar slang
noun: fucktard; plural noun: fucktard

forums user "Communist Thoughts"

drat got me, microdicked woulda been better though and epic funny

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

drat got me, microdicked woulda been better though and epic funny

hahah nice meltedown, thisse isse a maccedonaldes goon sire, five golden manbabies for the win. tis ye who art corncobbed

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Low hanging fruit but I do enjoy how stupid he is

https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1275757172362706945?s=21

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I'm in the UKGoons discord (listed under the Commies). Which channel is most like this thread for future reference?

Two forums I used to be an active member of folded in 2011 and their replacements never really worked, being abandoned within months.

Several of us from each of those forums are on FB - one forum I met quite a few in real life, the other - none in real life but 9 years later we're still friends (and 'beyond the call of duty' friends in a couple of cases!)

Some people though have no interest in joining FB and all good intentions of staying in touch via email soon wither and die, email is not conducive to 'water cooler chat' type conversations, and there comes a point for many when FB force you to put your real name (or something demonstrably close to your real name) on an account. I'm reluctant to do that with politics because there is too much screenshotting of things posted by people in their real names going on (on FB).

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
for similar chuckles check out "steven crowder vs alexa"

technology has a leftist bias.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

He can't be that stupid, he edited out the "You already own this" from the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm in the UKGoons discord (listed under the Commies). Which channel is most like this thread for future reference?

Two forums I used to be an active member of folded in 2011 and their replacements never really worked, being abandoned within months.

Several of us from each of those forums are on FB - one forum I met quite a few in real life, the other - none in real life but 9 years later we're still friends (and 'beyond the call of duty' friends in a couple of cases!)

Some people though have no interest in joining FB and all good intentions of staying in touch via email soon wither and die, email is not conducive to 'water cooler chat' type conversations, and there comes a point for many when FB force you to put your real name (or something demonstrably close to your real name) on an account. I'm reluctant to do that with politics because there is too much screenshotting of things posted by people in their real names going on (on FB).

seriously do yourself a favor and distance yourself from goons as much as you can. there are much friendlier much more intersectional communities around with similar senses of humour and interests and you'll be much happier for it.

goons are trash, always have been and always will be,