Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shot
https://twitter.com/Luiseach/status/1275749812034551808?s=20

Chaser
https://twitter.com/bertiecauld/status/1275750316789641218?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm in the UKGoons discord (listed under the Commies). Which channel is most like this thread for future reference?

Two forums I used to be an active member of folded in 2011 and their replacements never really worked, being abandoned within months.

Several of us from each of those forums are on FB - one forum I met quite a few in real life, the other - none in real life but 9 years later we're still friends (and 'beyond the call of duty' friends in a couple of cases!)

Some people though have no interest in joining FB and all good intentions of staying in touch via email soon wither and die, email is not conducive to 'water cooler chat' type conversations, and there comes a point for many when FB force you to put your real name (or something demonstrably close to your real name) on an account. I'm reluctant to do that with politics because there is too much screenshotting of things posted by people in their real names going on (on FB).

Imagine the whole discord as being like this thread, except split into separate topics. That's probably the best way to think of it. Ultimately though, it's not the same format as the forum and never will be

Jose Mengelez posted:

seriously do yourself a favor and distance yourself from goons as much as you can. there are much friendlier much more intersectional communities around with similar senses of humour and interests and you'll be much happier for it.

goons are trash, always have been and always will be,

do be quiet

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm in the UKGoons discord (listed under the Commies). Which channel is most like this thread for future reference?

Two forums I used to be an active member of folded in 2011 and their replacements never really worked, being abandoned within months.

Several of us from each of those forums are on FB - one forum I met quite a few in real life, the other - none in real life but 9 years later we're still friends (and 'beyond the call of duty' friends in a couple of cases!)

Some people though have no interest in joining FB and all good intentions of staying in touch via email soon wither and die, email is not conducive to 'water cooler chat' type conversations, and there comes a point for many when FB force you to put your real name (or something demonstrably close to your real name) on an account. I'm reluctant to do that with politics because there is too much screenshotting of things posted by people in their real names going on (on FB).

There's channels for everything but I guess the main difference is that there's a politics channel and a chat channel whereas this is sort of both. So either comrade chat or ukpol depending on your taste.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lol

Went down a minor rabbit hole of nazi twitter and saw this:

I honestly can't tell if it's being dumb on purpose to get people to share it ironically, or if it's just that dumb.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Jedit posted:

He can't be that stupid, he edited out the "You already own this" from the picture.

He's not stupid at all, he's a paid troll whose job is to fart right wing opinions all day.

I mean, he probably does have a whole bunch of dipshit opinions all on his own, but the reason that him and Tom Harwood and all the other little slugs like them persist in just "not getting it" is because if they "got it" then they'd be out of a job.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He has a court judgement affirming that he is legally too stupid to use the internet.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Barry Foster posted:

Imagine the whole discord as being like this thread, except split into separate topics. That's probably the best way to think of it. Ultimately though, it's not the same format as the forum and never will be

do be quiet

be careful with your langauge there buddy, "do be quiet" is the sort of phrasing that triggers class conscious fists to fly into your smarmy upper middle class face. also try and avoid the terms "nonsense" and "poppycock" as they can be extremely triggering to people with proper jobs.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Jose Mengelez posted:

seriously do yourself a favor and distance yourself from goons as much as you can. there are much friendlier much more intersectional communities around with similar senses of humour and interests and you'll be much happier for it.

goons are trash, always have been and always will be,

I want you to know I'm posting in the last ever UKMT specifically to laugh at how mad you are :allears:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Hmm, at the moment that is tricky because there has been a slew of new folks arriving.

Personally would advise joining the discord and aiming at UKPOL thread. It is usually the most similar, though not exactly the same. It's a lot easier to respond more quickly.

Keep safe everyone.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

lol imagine if this was a Corbyn child

forensic

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Haha wow alt universe Jose is great fun. I too am specifically using what will probably be my last forums post to say that Jose Mengelez is a dingus

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jose Mengelez posted:

be careful with your langauge there buddy, "do be quiet" is the sort of phrasing that triggers class conscious fists to fly into your smarmy upper middle class face. also try and avoid the terms "nonsense" and "poppycock" as they can be extremely triggering to people with proper jobs.

can you honestly not see - with the imagined eyes of others - what a giant baby you look like right now? Is it really not obvious to you?

I understand you've been at this for hours now. Go outside, mate. I'm not even being mean, log off and do something else

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

XMNN posted:

lol imagine if this was a Corbyn child

You mean Tommy Corbyn? That kid rules.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Renaissance Robot posted:

I want you to know I'm posting in the last ever UKMT specifically to laugh at how mad you are :allears:

it's 30 degrees centigrade and you're chiding me for getting hot and bothered?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Or given the weather maybe don't go outside but stick your head in the sink or something.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Barry Foster posted:

can you honestly not see - with the imagined eyes of others - what a giant baby you look like right now? Is it really not obvious to you?

I understand you've been at this for hours now. Go outside, mate. I'm not even being mean, log off and do something else

you about mate? what you up to, pubs are open today arent they? fancy a pint?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i've seen some people posting about a cspam offsite called "breadnroses" or something but I haven't been on there so I can't personally verify how cool and/or good it is

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
hahah i remember you barry, you got mad as gently caress because i was trolling the doctor who thread can calling it a show for "precocious middle class children".me, i'm mad as gently caress because a bunch of little turds are giving me mad verbal and i cant digitize my fists and send them down fibreoptic lines, that's completely justified imo. you get insanely tilted when people call your tv show wank.

perspective's a hell of a thing.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Even Americans love dr who and they don't have all the letters in their words or know what sausage rolls are

edit: except the last season which isn't real

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

while we're in the end times I want to come clean to everyone as the person who spent actual money making and buying :umberto:. I also bought :ntlised: during the last general election, which in a brilliant achievement I now regret even more than the larger amount I donated to Momentum in the same month

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
you realize jose can make all of this stop by growing a pair of nuts and screencapping the mod forum, specifically the thread on the lowtax drama right?

but he wont, because he sees himself modding gbs and making money for lowtax for the forseeable future. let that percolate through your completely smooth brains for a moment :)

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Regarde Aduck posted:

Even Americans love dr who

get a loving dose of reality bruv. please.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

please for the love of god stop posting

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jose Mengelez posted:

hahah i remember you barry, you got mad as gently caress because i was trolling the doctor who thread can calling it a show for "precocious middle class children".me, i'm mad as gently caress because a bunch of little turds are giving me mad verbal and i cant digitize my fists and send them down fibreoptic lines, that's completely justified imo. you get insanely tilted when people call your tv show wank.

perspective's a hell of a thing.

this is amazing

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice
I lurk.

I'm bad at posting.

I like reading other peoples points as I've never been big on believing i had much of worth to say. I like this thread and the people in it. But never felt I was a good poster to dive in.

With all that said: Jose. I know you know you're just stirring poo poo for your own amusement. But your posts are really boring and i'd like to go back to lurking and enjoying good posts to distract me from the fact the the bloody Covid will probably kill me and my partner if we ever get it.

It's my wee ray of sunshine in a dull world. Please just stop. It's gotten to where I've hit the post button, and that way lies madness.

Why not go to FYAD and enjoy the atmosphere there?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Barry Foster posted:

this is amazing

it was truly amazing, seeing a grown man weep over his license fee funded childrens show's rep.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

StoicFnord posted:

Why not go to FYAD and enjoy the atmosphere there?

dude. what the gently caress.

yeah i'll go post in fyad, then hang out with my dead mother. while i'm at it i'll watch the lost episodes of doctor who that were buried with mugabe.

you monster.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

phew just caught up with this thread. Been here for several years, and learnt a lot, didn't really make any friends but then I don't really see this as a "community" as such, more a really valuable place for communication and analysis, and it's fairly unique in the sense that it can't easily be replicated on Discord if the plug was to be pulled. Whatever happened over the last few pages with some aggrieved rando throwing a wobbly is no joke probably the worst the thread has ever been (not in the sense that I have an opinion on jose, but more like I didn't come here to read about a specific poster) , but it's still way better than reddit. Maybe there should be a helldump type subforum to contain the weird drama stuff?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Angepain posted:

while we're in the end times I want to come clean to everyone as the person who spent actual money making and buying :umberto:

Someone posted this at me the other day and it was straight-up topical, so well done.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
quote dis post if you're a middle aged virgin who works in IT and lives south of watford gap.

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice

Jose Mengelez posted:

dude. what the gently caress.

yeah i'll go post in fyad, then hang out with my dead mother. while i'm at it i'll watch the lost episodes of doctor who that were buried with mugabe.

you monster.

I'm not trying to make much of a joke. You're mad, and you're posting is dropping below reddit tier.

Take a break.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
i bet you feebs you screaming for the death of FYAD. happy now? look upon your works and despair.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Ukpol is the most like this thread but tbh the ethos is all through the server since it’s the same people for the most part

Mugsbaloney posted:

phew just caught up with this thread. Been here for several years, and learnt a lot, didn't really make any friends but then I don't really see this as a "community" as such, more a really valuable place for communication and analysis, and it's fairly unique in the sense that it can't easily be replicated on Discord if the plug was to be pulled. Whatever happened over the last few pages with some aggrieved rando throwing a wobbly is no joke probably the worst the thread has ever been (not in the sense that I have an opinion on jose, but more like I didn't come here to read about a specific poster) , but it's still way better than reddit. Maybe there should be a helldump type subforum to contain the weird drama stuff?

The problem with people having meltdowns is that they tend not to go to the designated meltdown section to do it

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
yo but seriously any goons in the northwest up for a pint? i'm buying. i got a couple hours before i need to be anywhere.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Ukpol is the most like this thread but tbh the ethos is all through the server since it’s the same people for the most part

The problem with people having meltdowns is that they tend not to go to the designated meltdown section to do it

does it have AIR CONDITIONING?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
i promise not to call you a radlib.

e: sorry i can;t promise that.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
you can tell anopheles mosquitoes from culex mosquitoes by their palps (non leg wiggly bit by the side of their proboscices, short on culex, proboscis length on anopheles) and their wings (transparent on culex, patterned on anopheles). aedes are like black and white spotted and pretty distinctive

anopheles carry malaria, culex carry all sorts of things, particularly west Nile fever but also nematodes, and aedes do things like dengue, yellow and also west Nile fevers

the little bastards round here (swampier bits of the Wirral) are some sort of culex, I'm p sure based on extensive examination of the many many of them I have been forced to kill

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

XMNN posted:

you can tell anopheles mosquitoes from culex mosquitoes by their palps (non leg wiggly bit by the side of their proboscices, short on culex, proboscis length on anopheles) and their wings (transparent on culex, patterned on anopheles). aedes are like black and white spotted and pretty distinctive

anopheles carry malaria, culex carry all sorts of things, particularly west Nile fever but also nematodes, and aedes do things like dengue, yellow and also west Nile fevers

the little bastards round here (swampier bits of the Wirral) are some sort of culex, I'm p sure based on extensive examination of the many many of them I have been forced to kill

get on the correct side of the mersey. problem solved.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
loving hell someone probe this guy already (don't ban him he'll just end up giving money to Lowtax)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
"goons are trash and always will be" says the guy who is Extremely Not Mad about not being allowed to join the UKMT goon discord