Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I would also include the minifigs for Black Frasier. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zffv-FCEYM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Have there been any sets including Rey with her orange lightsaber?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Disappointing stuff from Ideas, the Futurama or Ratatouille sets would have been insta-buys for me.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Bloop posted:

If the mcallister house doesnt have motorized minifigs dancing in the upstairs windows what good is it

It was the first floor, but I completely agree.

The type writer would be cool, but only if it functioned. And lol, Seinfeld, nope.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
It seems to me that the review coming after Fall 2020 will have the Nook's Cranny set and the Lego Doggo set (if it hits 10,000).

Nook's Cranny already hit 10,000

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

rockinricky posted:

It seems to me that the review coming after Fall 2020 will have the Nook's Cranny set and the Lego Doggo set (if it hits 10,000).

That set rules but the minifig is terrifying.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wait, that minifig is supposed to be the Villager isn't it? gently caress that's bad.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What are you expecting for something someone slapped together in stud.io

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Honestly, I wouldn't even attempt the minifigure. I mean, it's a given that one would be made well by LEGO anyway, and people kinda know the character that'll probably be included there's almost no point to make some off-brand looking one that's going to suck.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
As a potential series, LEGO could do worse than Animal Crossing. Lots of iconic buildings and characters, and the villagers could use a set number of head and possibly body molds that just use different colors/prints.

Hell, LEGO could do blind bag Animal Crossing villagers, and make Raymond ultra-rare. His accessory could be a moving box.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Oh please no. I have too much LEGO as it is.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ok, so I was going to cancel my Haunted House order because after rearranging stuff today, I realized I really don't have the space for it and upon second thought, I don't really care for it that much... however it just shipped earlier today and welp, it's arriving.

I see that it's out of stock on the LEGO site, would any goons like to buy it from me for the exact price I paid? If not I'll just return it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

rockinricky posted:

An animal crossing series would basically be fabuland 2021

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I found a few of my sister’s Fabuland pieces and a figure among my 35-year old LEGO stash

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

tuo posted:

The white 911 is a pretty boring set imo, but it has so much air in it, so there are really good modifications out there to make it interesting/fully motorized (but that costs a lot). There's also a pretty dope MoC based on it that makes an F1 car. I don't have the "new" yellow crane, as I luckily have the last two, and I don't need the third. I red one review about it that wasn't very positive, but the guy building it said himself he assumes that he made a build error.

The red crane - just checked - in fact got a bit more expensive now that it's out of production. I still think it's one of the best technic sets in recent years. It's a lot of fun to build, not much repetition, looks really good (it's really big), and is fun to play with, even as an adult. Even at the current price, I think it's a good cost-to-brick ratio.

The white 911 has even less functions than the orange one, and is basically a display set. It looks good apart from the headlights, they are terrible. The orange 911 also looses it's appeal pretty quick on display (even more so if you expose it to sunlight ;) ). I made the McLaren P1 MoC based on it, and that one is pretty dope as it has more interesting functions, but an absolute pain to build.

Would you happen to have links to the 911 MOCs? Mine is still in the box and I've been thinking about cracking it open when I have some time off.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Typewriter looks interesting, but i am still waiting for some news about that piano that got approved like 2? years ago.
Really sad that the Futurama set didnt make it!

That Seinfeld set is a hard pass.
The Home Alone set could be interesting if there are a lot of play features related to the traps in the movie.

Waltzing Along posted:

Cheers bar seems the logical next choice as it is iconic. Except alcohol.

The true reason for them introducing 18+ sets.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

What's the most overdue "approved" Ideas set at this point? I keep waiting for an update on the Sesame Street set but they've definitely missed the 50th anniversary now.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Cockblocktopus posted:

What's the most overdue "approved" Ideas set at this point? I keep waiting for an update on the Sesame Street set but they've definitely missed the 50th anniversary now.

I don't even remember what's been approved anymore.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Working piano and sesame street are the only two I think other than the recent ones.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Pirate Bay, Sesame Street and the piano were all in the same batch.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

is there a discord server for lego goons incase this is it for SA?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jamie Faith posted:

is there a discord server for lego goons incase this is it for SA?

I’m sure one of the various Discords can make a channel. There’s a general BSS discord, and then there’s a specific BSS Action figures discord, so it could fit easily on either.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
BSS? That seems a weird fit.

Trad games would fit better imho.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lego is a toy, there’s channels in there for other toys. Makes sense to me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

LEGO is a way of LIFE

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
This is literally the only thread I would miss

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm thinking of disassembling pirate bay into a single bin and then rebuilding. I'm worried it won't be as awesome the 2nd time, though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

This is literally the only thread I would miss

This and the PS4 thread are chill and full of good peeps. Hope to continue to chat with everyone somewhere even in the seemingly unlikely (to me at least)event that the forums crash and burn.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Someone make a lego thread on the bnr forum people are migrating to imo

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
how would you do a goatse moc?

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

how would you do a goatse moc?

POOP elements

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
This thread is a big reason I got back into Lego, many, many years ago. About 6 months too late for that rad space limo. If there's a Discord, I'd love to join.

2020 is hosed.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Ocean Exploration Ship:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ocean-exploration-ship-60266?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-tBuxtyYt9Rk-2018943-115554-75248

745 pieces. $150.

I mean, the hull pieces are huge, but that feels like it might be the worst price per piece set I’ve ever seen.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I liked the older version more. Was also cheaper (~99€)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Guzwar posted:

Would you happen to have links to the 911 MOCs? Mine is still in the box and I've been thinking about cracking it open when I have some time off.

the F1 MoC?

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-31079/GeyserBricks/2019-formula-1-f1-car-42096-b-model/#comments

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Sweet, thank you.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheMadMilkman posted:

Ocean Exploration Ship:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/ocean-exploration-ship-60266?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-tBuxtyYt9Rk-2018943-115554-75248

745 pieces. $150.

I mean, the hull pieces are huge, but that feels like it might be the worst price per piece set I’ve ever seen.

Oh, I saw that in London the other day. Big ship.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

TheMadMilkman posted:

Ocean Exploration Ship:

745 pieces. $150.

That looks like a single-piece hull. It says it floats, which usually means the lower hull at least is a single molded piece. Just a few larger pieces can really move the price-per-part ratio (like the Space Center from a few years ago), so a giant piece like that is going to ruin the ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Apparently instore and online VIP points are different?

At least it looks like stores near me have plenty of stock of the stuff I was worried about.