Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
gently caress domestic abusers

And if a Discord pops up, I'm all for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

gently caress.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I kinda want to spam threads with the largest GIFs I can find just to chip away at Richard's wallet a bit but maybe it would be better to leave completely.

This sucks so much.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Im just hoping that the community can move on. I can't manage without SA

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Katamari Democracy posted:

Im just hoping that the community can move on. I can't manage without SA

I think there are many, many people like you (me, for one) who have a really strong connection to the different communities here. And this thing that Rich did this time is really just so horrible and so embarrasing to be associated with that I think there will be a migration this time. He doesn't deserve to be bought out, and nobody deserves having to fix the slur-riddled code that it runs on. The mods volunteered because they care about this community and IMO the best way forward is just to go somewhere else and leave this cursed place behind to drag Rich down where he belongs. It sounds like a loving hell job, and I don't know how to make it happen but I don't want to be a part of Lowtax's poo poo anymore and I also don't want to leave my forums.

Horsey McHorseface
Jun 5, 2017

Please, please, please can someone more tech savvy than I make a Discord for this feelgood thread that has got me through more times than I can count?

Also, she probably won't see it but poo poo Teagan, you're making the right call but you will be missed and I hope to see you in a better place.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

greazeball posted:

I think there are many, many people like you (me, for one) who have a really strong connection to the different communities here. And this thing that Rich did this time is really just so horrible and so embarrasing to be associated with that I think there will be a migration this time. He doesn't deserve to be bought out, and nobody deserves having to fix the slur-riddled code that it runs on. The mods volunteered because they care about this community and IMO the best way forward is just to go somewhere else and leave this cursed place behind to drag Rich down where he belongs. It sounds like a loving hell job, and I don't know how to make it happen but I don't want to be a part of Lowtax's poo poo anymore and I also don't want to leave my forums.

I've said it in other threads but if the mods and admins spun up a new forum tomorrow I'd go there in a heartbeat.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

corgski posted:

I've said it in other threads but if the mods and admins spun up a new forum tomorrow I'd go there in a heartbeat.

Someone needs to spin up somethingisawful.com

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Someone needs to spin up somethingisawful.com

I was thinking the exact same thing lol

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Cloner of the Elks posted:

Dear God I don't know why but I've registered https://www.something-waffle.com and the forums are open for free registrations. The idea is basically to keep the same ethic and posting quality (lol) that SA has.

I love this place and I can't shake the feeling that Lowtax is going to nuke these forums.

I felt this was better than having a thousand discords :smith:. Assuming enough of you register and it doesn't go down as a waste of time, will have to consider mods etc. Would be happy with current good mods to moderate there to try and keep it samey.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I know SA has an insane number of discrete Discord servers already, and that there’s a not small amount of controversy about the administration/administrators of those existing servers, but if there’s interest in a completely independent one for the selfies thread I’m happy to stand one up just for us.

I should be able to get that done tonight unless anyone has strong opposition; I don’t want to fraction where and how we get our entertainment, but I think it would be nice to stay in touch with one another in this community Bird and Pastry have helped foster.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

FreshFeesh posted:

I know SA has an insane number of discrete Discord servers already, and that there’s a not small amount of controversy about the administration/administrators of those existing servers, but if there’s interest in a completely independent one for the selfies thread I’m happy to stand one up just for us.

I should be able to get that done tonight unless anyone has strong opposition; I don’t want to fraction where and how we get our entertainment, but I think it would be nice to stay in touch with one another in this community Bird and Pastry have helped foster.

A) I think that would be fine.
B) DM or email people the discord link if you want to gatekeep somewhat. I'm thinking less restricting goons in general, but more for keeping it off the radar of people with axes to grind with the forums.

I joined more than a few. Some for keeping in touch, but mostly so I can find out where this diaspora calls home next.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I've been drinking hard all night but I'll miss you all

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Yeah I'd say definitely stand up a discord, but just send out invites to those who have actually posted selfies here

(and I have contact with Teagan offsite if anyone wants to relay anything to her)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Link to SA discord threads https://goondiscordnetwork.com/

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

FreshFeesh posted:

I'm totally down for this!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Same! Drinkin’ to stop staring at the forum burning O-O

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Hang in there friend!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Discord created, many PMs received, I'll send out invites in the morning.

Obviously none of us know what the future will hold but here's hoping we can retain this small bubble of well-wishing and sanity as we all move forward.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Can I get in on that good ol' Discord??

Still hopin' we will stay here, but I like this thread.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
You know I want in on that discord my good friend

Desmodus rotundus
Sep 15, 2013

HAY GUYS

I would like a selfie discord invite too if possible 🥺 you guys are the nicest

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I'm not a frequent poster here, but this thread has been one of my favorites for just seeing everyone being so positive, upbeat, and supportive of one another. The only better thread has been the Chicago local thread through which I have met some amazing people who I am happy I'll be able to keep in touch with if the site goes away. But I'll really miss the people I only know through their avatars and posts. I'd love to get in on the selfie discord.

Probable final post on this dumb website. Me at my favorite place in the world

and my new best friend in the world: my cousin's 6 month old puppy who just goes apeshit around me, it's so great!

(Okay she doesn't look too excited here, but we'd been playing catch and tug-o-war with that toy for like 45 minutes. She's just a little pup.)

Hope to post with you all in the future. You're good people.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Can I get in on that discord please?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Here’s a Discord invite that’ll be valid for the next 12 hours; far be it from my going to sleep to keep people from connecting!

https://discord.gg/EDK8HT

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Somebody has a new favorite as of 11:42 on Jun 25, 2020

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Yeah I'd say definitely stand up a discord, but just send out invites to those who have actually posted selfies here

(and I have contact with Teagan offsite if anyone wants to relay anything to her)

Yes please, tell her she is cool and good and I will miss her. And all of you.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

FreshFeesh posted:

Obviously none of us know what the future will hold but here's hoping we can retain this small bubble of well-wishing and sanity as we all move forward.

Edit: used link above.

HaB has a new favorite as of 12:18 on Jun 25, 2020

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I don't post here in this thread much cos I'm shy , but it's always been one I check in on because you are all so lovely and so uplifting (ceramic pig, I have NEVER seen anyone look so glorious, so triumphantly happy as you do in your wedding dress picture, and Scatach, I hope your wedding is entirely perfect ) but this current disaster is so incredibly lovely.

If this were a town and our mayor were revealed to be an abuser, we'd gently caress him/her out or office and move on, but it seems like the only real option for an online community is to fracture and collapse because one shitbag at the centre can't be excised. It's incredibly sad and unnecessary. If he'd even a fragment of character he'd step away and leave this island of mostly good people to keep going, keep connecting, but knowing abusers, he'll hang on to the bitter end and burn it all down before admitting fault. You are all wonderful and I hope we can find a way to stay together <3

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

FreshFeesh posted:

Hey I was planning on posting on this thread when this all happened, can I get an invite to the discord as well on HardDiskD#1832?

Space Kablooey has a new favorite as of 18:01 on Jun 25, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey, shout out to LITERALLY A BIRD for helping Logan during this shitstorm.

You're the best bird :D

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Inzombiac posted:

Hell yeah 😁

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Inzombiac posted:

This. Our Birb is best birb.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
I too would love a link if it's not too much trouble.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Aschlafly posted:

I too would love a link if it's not too much trouble.

link sent

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Me too please

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I promise I won't make fun of you if you invite me

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
May I have an invite to the Discord as well, please? TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Inzombiac posted:

Thanks for being a hero Bird!