Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

do we have a patreon update, we under $3k yet?

what a dogshit page snipe, gently caress lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
it was at about 3200 an hour ago

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lowtax took her phone and if he ignores it, it all goes away, right?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Rastor posted:

I think that one was in Games, it's their SA username

Edit:

I should say that that user replied to my post and apologized for the name.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Anyone who wants an invite, just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register, I will approve, let me know the username you select if it is different.

Also be patient if it takes a little bit, there is a queue I am getting through as quickly as I can.

Registered as Virtual Russian

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wamsutta posted:

do we have a patreon update, we under $3k yet?

what a dogshit page snipe, gently caress lowtax

It was at over 7400 at 2AM when I went to sleep

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

what's the cspam bugout plan? is there a discord or something?

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Lightning Knight posted:

For reasons of safety there are things I haven't posted here but basically, contacting Logan has been made more difficult than simply sending her a text.

?????????????????????

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Well, poo poo.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lightning Knight posted:

For reasons of safety there are things I haven't posted here but basically, contacting Logan has been made more difficult than simply sending her a text.

Is this a situation where, if it happened in minecraft, direct action could get the goods

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

A Time To Chill posted:

https://breadnroses.net

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Anyone who wants an invite, just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register, I will approve, let me know the username you select if it is different.

Also be patient if it takes a little bit, there is a queue I am getting through as quickly as I can.

Registered as Rotoru

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

A Time To Chill posted:

Everyone is registering at breadnroses.net

G.A.P.O.
Jun 24, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

Well yeah Lowtax has her phone so

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Btw LK, your update just got posted to gbs.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

A Time To Chill posted:

if your clearance is sufficient, you should have received your evac packet with your soros bucks

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Lightning Knight posted:

Can someone please call the cops or something???

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Rastor posted:

Everyone is registering at breadnroses.net

awesome tyvm!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Literally A Person posted:

Cops rarely improve DV situations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Rarely??? I have NEVER heard of cops improving a DV situation ever.
Many times they actively make it worse.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ha ha oh yew

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Any other questions about Bread and Roses should go in the "offsites etc" thread so we can keep this one on topic.

We are working through the queue as best we can :f5: thank you for patience

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

G.A.P.O. posted:

Well yeah Lowtax has her phone so

eat poo poo you loving nazi scumbag

fake edit: this guy said in gbs that he started something sensitive and is really sorry, honest, that it got filled with nazis. mods please do the needful for this stalker nazi creep

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

speaking as someone who represents dv survivors

Yeah, cops usually loving suck, surprise surprise

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

come on, I know we're all like "ACAB" but let's be real: what situation isn't improved by the insertion a poorly trained government assassin self-selected for anti-social behavior, whose default state is to regard everyone as subhuman enemies?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
drat, speaking out of "I don't know what to do-ness" but this lady seems to be in trouble and everyone around it seems to be talking about it a lot and not doing anything. Sorry for the C-word, cspam.

Ries
Apr 14, 2003
Motorcycle

WampaLord posted:

Registered as Paja, thanks in advance!

edit:

WampaLord posted:

Any other questions about Bread and Roses should go in the "offsites etc" thread so we can keep this one on topic.

We are working through the queue as best we can :f5: thank you for patience

My bad!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

LGD posted:

come on, I know we're all like "ACAB" but let's be real: what situation isn't improved by the insertion a poorly trained government assassin self-selected for anti-social behavior, whose default state is to regard everyone as subhuman enemies?

Who has a 40% (self reported!) chance of being a domestic abuser themselves!

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.

WampaLord posted:

Registered as TheFuzzyLumpkin.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

my friend, perhaps you've heard of this little thing called the Cool Zone

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Prester Jane posted:

Goons if I could ask you to read an effort post I'd like to suggest what I feel is one of the best things we could do in this situation.

First off I would like to humbly request that we hold off on the discussion where to assign blame for this communities enabling of Lowtax's abuse for the moment- it's an important discussion to have, but I don't feel this exact moment is the best time to have it because there are more pressing issues to address that should come first. The one thing comment I have on the matter is: irrespective of individual levels of guilt that can be rationally (or irrationally) assigned to various members of this community; the fact of the matter is that the community (as a whole) bears a very significant level of responsibility for enabling Lowtax's abuse. We cannot wash this stain or undo what has been done, but what we can do is (as a community) focus first and foremost on helping Logan get into a better and safer space.

I think when you view Logan's video and her recent actions it's important to keep in mind what exactly the context is and how astonishingly difficult it is for an individual in her situation to psychologically overcome the conditioning they have experienced and recognize that they are an abuse victim. At this point in her life Logan's entire self-identity, professional career, and source of revenue, are all tied up in Lowtax via this website. This is a very common situation for abuse victims to be placed in by their abusers and one of the reasons why it is often so hard for abuse victims to recognize the situation and extract themselves from it- so let's do what we can to make that (impossibly difficult) internal journey easier for Logan.

Logan, sweetie, if you happen to read this I want you to know that you are a worthy human being who deserves love and compassion. Yes, even being an alcoholic bipolar mess in a terrible situation- you are still worthy of love and compassion. Your safety, and your future happiness, are more important than this community. So your level of responsibility for the current situation doesn't matter, what matters is getting you out of this situation and into a safe one where you have the time and resources you need to focus on your recovery.

To that end goons I would like to propose that we open a GoFundMe of some sort to support Logan, get her away from Lowtax and help her a afford the help she is going to need to recocer/rebuild her life after this. I would also like to suggest that we open simular GoFundMe for low taxes other victims, and in particular his children, who are definitely going to need support in the coming months/years.

In my view these are the least we can do to acknowledge that no matter which individuals Among Us shoulder the blame, we as a community have a clear-cut responsibility to do whatever we can to help Lowtax's victims recover from the abuse that our community has enabled.

quoting this

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I think we as forums people need to accept that we can do literally nothing for Logan at this point. her actual offline friends are presumably as on it as it is possible to be, and if they need poo poo from us they'll let us know. Donating to things, and disavowing the abuser, are more productive than badgering the mods for updates about poo poo that is unfolding privately

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

WampaLord posted:

hi I registered with this name thank you :unsmith:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The current CSPAM mods didn't that I'm aware of, but much of the current senior leadership of this site has been aware of this for a long time and have actively worked to suppress it on the forums in the past.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Registered as Cocklepuss. If it's an issue or offensive let me know and I'll reg as something else. Prob just dog nougat..

Edit: say that cuz I it as my psn name for a period, but got flagged for "inappropriate username" or something

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 25, 2020

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gently caress this heterosexual earth

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Wheeee posted:

The current CSPAM mods didn't that I'm aware of, but much of the current senior leadership of this site has been aware of this for a long time and have actively worked to suppress it on the forums in the past.

I have always heard people call Lowtax a piece of poo poo but I thought that was just for his awful mismanagement of the forums

jesus christ

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Just realized that the massive purge of longtime posters and deletion of FYAD (yeah it was bad, but the timing was interesting) six months ago was Lowtax doing a Jakarta Method on the forums

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Deletion of FYAD was actually a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
welp, thank you to whoever approved me on BnR i made an account earlier today and i didnt pay at the time but looks like im in

i feel like someone whose recently been divorced after 20 years and has to learn how to live, and love again