Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

ChristmasBaloogan posted:

imagine if u would get a 120k USD salaray+ for doing nothing because of the idiots on SA

please pay me half that so im not forced to work in covid plague offices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Delthalaz posted:

Is it known who actually owns BnR? Not that I personally care but I’m feeling a little burned by giving money to this place now

some guy called Snrub

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqJLaLe6PDw

listening to this on blast while watching the forums die

terrible taste, unfitting of your excellent anime avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OphRnaFvBcs

nothing but

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqJLaLe6PDw

listening to this on blast while watching the forums die

hell yeah

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WampaLord posted:

Anyone who wants an invite, just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register, I will approve, let me know the username you select if it is different.

Also be patient if it takes a little bit, there is a queue I am getting through as quickly as I can.

ETA: Do not post in this thread that you have registered. Do not PM me that you have registered. We are aware, we are working through the registration queue. We appreciate your patience.

That sounds awesome, thank you!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Delthalaz posted:

Is it known who actually owns BnR? Not that I personally care but I’m feeling a little burned by giving money to this place now

I'm not sure if any one person "owns" it but the admin team is a group of lefty goons who left C-SPAM back in January when all of that drama erupted.

We had a feeling this day would come, and we don't resent anyone who didn't join beforehand or anything like that, we are more than happy to welcome people to a place not founded by shitheads and not full of weird bigots/nazis.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

what kind of seismic fuckhead talks to their child like that

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ChristmasBaloogan posted:

lol lowtax is pushing 50 and he posted on his 10k patreon 3 times total

what exactly was he, uh, doing? all i saw on his patreon was a lovely podcast, a lovely youtube channel, and then...the forums.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gio posted:

what exactly was he, uh, doing? all i saw on his patreon was a lovely podcast, a lovely youtube channel, and then...the forums.

opiates and booze

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

WampaLord posted:

I'm not sure if any one person "owns" it but the admin team is a group of lefty goons who left C-SPAM back in January when all of that drama erupted.

We had a feeling this day would come, and we don't resent anyone who didn't join beforehand or anything like that, we are more than happy to welcome people to a place not founded by shitheads and not full of weird bigots/nazis.

What happened in Jan? Guess I missed that

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
i’ve peeked at lowtax’s fb a few times in the past and saw some really gross misogynistic things (in addition to some of the poo poo he’s posted about ashli on SA, like calling her his “fat wife”). i feel bad for not believing ashli when she fled while the taxman was out of town.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

very bad parents

ChristmasBaloogan
Dec 24, 2018

err posted:

please pay me half that so im not forced to work in covid plague offices

loving PAY HEED TO YOUR AV FOR FUSKK SAKE

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

This isn't going to mean anything to anyone who doesn't play path of exile but I had an interaction with Lowtax as follows in the goon guild:

I played poe in the legion league and was running a contagion build. A guy running the same build asked in goon chat if anyone had a good wand for it for sale and I said I did but he should find a bow to buy like this one I'm using instead. I wasn't using my wand because this bow is better, it scales with the damage you need better, like twice as good, as a wand would it's counter intuitive but its true, this bow with these modifiers is gonna give you twice the dps as the wand you think you want, and costs the same. This is why I have this wand available, don't make the same mistake I did and just get this bow instead you'll gain a day in playtime over the dumb way I did it. This was common knowledge to this build.

Lowtax chimed in and said no get an Atziri's Reflection, a niche rear end shiled that's a good item to get at like the very end of a build when marginal situational improvements are all that's left, not at the beginning when you need to get a core set of good stats to get through mapping. And it would have cost all of the dude's currency for a niche defensive item when he didn't have any dps. He argued with me about it for a good half hour before I decided I didn't care anymore. Idk what the guy bought but I hope it was the bow, but it was clear to me Lowtax was one of those guys who couldn't be reasoned off a stupid loving position despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

On this day and forever more I thought Lowtax was a stupid piece of poo poo.

I'd also always ask the guild chat for good niche music to listen to and he'd suggest poo poo like weezer's blue album.

God what a weird gently caress.

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Giga Gaia posted:

i read the gibbis so you dont have to

holy poo poo

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

opiates and booze

cool so he’s a rent seeking parasite

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ghostnuke posted:

Goons got pissed at DND mods for sticking their dicks in cspam business and the cspam mods for going along with it. Things simmered then calmed down for a bit thanks to a dedicated thread where people could air greivences against mods

right up until lowtax got hosed up on hooch and benzos and strolled through banning people at random, aka the one thing the thread was supposed to not have.

dick tax then floated out on a cloud opiates leaving the mod team to clean up the mess, which they failed at after several cspam regulars got perma'd for calling a mod a Nazi (said mod did in fact turn out to be a Nazi who was targeting goons to impress their discord buddies. The bans were not undone)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ghostnuke posted:

iirche got drunk and drunkenly opened up the cspam thread of people loling and crack pinging about the party plane jones debacle then banned a bunch of people

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

Dunno. Could be the same sort of fucker that beats their wives and girlfriends, just a hunch

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Head Bee Guy posted:

So is SA being archived or something?

by the library of congress

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Guys I just looked up those goldbelly cookies that Lowtax is spending all his money on and HOLY poo poo they're expensive. loving 40 dollars for 6 cookies?!?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gio posted:

cool so he’s a rent seeking parasite

remember how like 99% of the popular SA content was just poo poo he harvested from the forums or the occasional writer he refused to pay

He's always been a parasite

oglethorpe2020
May 23, 2020

tux liberation front

IronicDongz posted:

god I hope not, what a huge waste of server space

supercheap on crashplan if you plan to never recover the data

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Ghostnuke posted:

a beautiful poster got probated for a month for ???? and there was aruging about cspams place in the forums and WEIRDLY two people who were very outspoken SUDDENLY caught lifetime achievement permas that a reliable source informs me were retaliation and ppj got outed as a nazi

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

T-man posted:

terrible taste, unfitting of your excellent anime avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OphRnaFvBcs

nothing but

I was thinking about komm süsser tod for a moment but nah kinda played out

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bumper Stickup posted:

Guys I just looked up those goldbelly cookies that Lowtax is spending all his money on and HOLY poo poo they're expensive. loving 40 dollars for 6 cookies?!?

hahaha wait what

QueenOfTheEvening
Jan 6, 2020

by Athanatos

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

by the library of congress

so i actually know a guy there, its just the front page. nobody's archiving the forums.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Don't forget that this all happened immediately after FYAD got closed. It was seriously the closest the forums came to completely disintegrating until today.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

so i actually know a guy there, its just the front page. nobody's archiving the forums.

son of a bitch

my posts

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sweet geek swag posted:

Don't forget that this all happened immediately after FYAD got closed. It was seriously the closest the forums came to completely disintegrating until today.

At this rate it'll happen again just before christmas

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Is Logan's recanting of the account and her video about it for real? Goons what the loving hell is going on right now?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I've been on this place half my life and there's so much I never knew. I didn't even know he got married a second time. Nazi mods..what the gently caress?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

hahaha wait what

Come one come all and enjoy 6, that's right SIX, delicious chocolate chip cookies.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Shear Modulus posted:

hahaha wait what

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Bumper Stickup posted:

the people at goldbelly must be having a strange day, with the sudden explosion in interest of overpriced baked goods

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SlimGoodbody posted:

Is Logan's recanting of the account and her video about it for real? Goons what the loving hell is going on right now?
It's extremely easy for me to believe that Lowtax has always been a shithead and any negative things that have ever been said about him are true. I mean, that is 100% the image he presented of himself in the early days.

And that almost all the good things that have come from this website are in spite of him, rather than because of him.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SlimGoodbody posted:

Abusers create conditions that convince their victims that untrue things are true. She probably really believed that she was killing the forums and that it was all her fault when she made that video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

Cao Ni Ma posted:

At this rate it'll happen again just before independence day