Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

cock hero flux posted:

THE ADMINS ARE GOOD, THE ADMINS WILL SAVE YOU FROM THE EVIL LOWTAX

EVEN THOUGH THE ADMINS HAVE BEEN THE TOOLS OF LOWTAX AND WE MAYBE BANNED EVERYONE WHO SAID HE WAS A WIFEBEATER THE LAST TIME HE BEAT HIS WIFE, THAT'S ALL IN THE PAST

NOW WE ARE NOTHING BUT STAUNCH ALLIES OF THE COMMUNITY, YOU NEED US, WITHOUT US NO OFFSITES OR REVIVALS WILL HAVE ANY LEGITIMACY, WE ARE THE TORCHBEARERS OF SA CULTURE AND NOT JUST A HANDFUL OF UNPAID INTERNET JANITORS THAT MOST OF YOU DON'T LIKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

cum posted:

she caught hiv and goons made fun of her so she joined

i meant the part about seeing her squirt in person

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

punishedkissinger posted:

the overhead has to be so loving low though. does the site even host any pictures or video or anything?

yeah all avs, gangtags, and images you atttach are stored on the SA servers. The bandwidth apparently isn't that bad, especially since most images are hosted offsite still, but the database is apparently huge and expensive.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I just realized the funniest part. Lowtax is probably dumb enough to have never set aside a secret golden parachute. I bet all of his wealth has been squandered and now he's gonna be turbo-hosed trying to re-enter any job market. Especially seeing how his dirty laundry will be forever burned onto the internet. During a global pandemic. Possessing all the qualifications of a college intern.

lol

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

something awful 2.0, brought to you by wish.com

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
theres no mods here this is the SAAZ

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

LaughingWallaby posted:

Just read reene's post with this somewhat ominous sentence:

"With that in mind we'd like to ask everyone to check that the email address linked to your account is one that you have access to. If it needs to be updated please do that."

What does this mean? Are they going to try starting a new site and send invite links to everyone who has a registered email on this site?

I don't know but whatever happens I trust admins to do the wrong thing.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

did anyone ever post on the old AvalonHill forums back in the day? Just kinda reminiscing about all the boards I've seen die.

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!
[Reene wanders around the forums with a bullhorn]

Don't worry, folks! We scrounged up enough money to give to Lowtax so he'd sell us the forums! He won't be making us hurt any of you anymore!

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thank You Card posted:

every new registration comes with a booklet on how to be a sex pest like the mods

they have a last.fm clone where it registers a scrobble every time they cum

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

the mods and admins are furiously preparing their own offsite right now and will attempt to entice everyone to it in the hopes that Lowtax can die for their sins and we'll all forget how they've all kowtowed to him whenever he's reared his ambien addled head around here, and fail to realize that they're a bunch of puffed up internet barons whose only concern is continuing to maintain their own little bit of power

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

nightbae smokewheat posted:

i'm prepared to pay lowtax in cum

hey its me lowtax

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
will comedy be legal on the new official offsite

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
raise your hand if you changed your account email so none of these shitheels can contact you

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

No. 6 posted:

I just realized the funniest part. Lowtax is probably dumb enough to have never set aside a secret golden parachute. I bet all of his wealth has been squandered and now he's gonna be turbo-hosed trying to re-enter any job market. Especially seeing how his dirty laundry will be forever burned onto the internet. During a global pandemic. Possessing all the qualifications of a college intern.

lol

I find it hard to believe that a guy who positioned himself/his business as a charity case and then spent the pity donations on a six figure race car could be bad with money

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.

No. 6 posted:

lol

dude is leasing a GTR and renting a 6 bedroom house and ordering gourmet cookies while supposedly having his wages garnished for tax fraud lol

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
No mods are going to comment lol

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Makes perfect sense that the offsite which has seen by far the largest surge in registrations this week, is also run by anti-trans people (who are themselves trans). It is normal and cool that the most vocal admin here is spreading these allegations and banning people for questioning them or asking for proof. Lowtax is bad, just trust the person he left in charge here to find you a new place to post.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

cum posted:

horney is mandatory, comedy illegal,

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rasta_Al posted:

No mods are going to comment lol

Reene is too busy permabanning her posting enemies.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

bawfuls posted:

Makes perfect sense that the offsite which has seen by far the largest surge in registrations this week, is also run by anti-trans people (who are themselves trans). It is normal and cool that the most vocal admin here is spreading these allegations and banning people for questioning them or asking for proof. Lowtax is bad, just trust the person he left in charge here to find you a new place to post.

we have always been at war with lowtax

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

communist kangaroo posted:

dude is leasing a GTR and renting a 6 bedroom house and ordering gourmet cookies while supposedly having his wages garnished for tax fraud lol

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Really amazing that when the webmaster is accused of a heinous crime, some people are still more angry at the mods. Lowtax being an abuser is just another battlefield in the war against The Bad Mods.

people are mad at 2 specific mods who banned people who were talking about lowtax abusing his exes in the past which seems pretty reasonable!!!

Octavion
Apr 5, 2009
Y'all remember the Zyborne Clock? Haha, those were the days...

Anyway, gently caress you Lowtax.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

^ Imagine 4 mods on a cliff

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I find it hard to believe that a guy who positioned himself/his business as a charity case and then spent the pity donations on a six figure race car could be bad with money

and yet here we are

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Lmao that burt posted in the good mod thread to call himself a good mod but hasn't posted here at all.

I remember when GBS was talking about gun control everywhere when the school shootings were the prevalent media thing he was all for full civilian disarmament and against arming the poor. The second the riots became the prevalent thing he never said poo poo in any of the relevant threads because he's an upper middle class centrist neolib who just wants things to go back to the way they were so nothing rocks his literal boat.

gently caress burt sexual.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

cum posted:

Only if you're punching up, and even then it could be iffy.

We'll have a committee write up a 5 page list of comedy rules.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Are the forums over yet?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Kaedric posted:

The 'mod complaints' forum is just like qcs, a suggestions forum. Of the top 20 threads in there, there are maybe two that are people complaining about a probe/ban, the rest are stuff like 'let's remove the paywall' and other forum suggestions. Folks can't even find real things to complain about lol

Your forum of depressed round armchair stalinists is spending 90% more time "i'll suggest stuff about the website" than it is "what can we do in real life" and you don't see the gigantic neon sign of self parody going off.

lol

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

punishedkissinger posted:

did anyone ever post on the old AvalonHill forums back in the day? Just kinda reminiscing about all the boards I've seen die.

I posted even more embarrassing things on the fear.net forums and Action Quake 2 was a formative influence in my teens well anyway that's depressing!

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
i dont know what an avalonhill is im 30

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

bawfuls posted:

wait what? is this BnR or some discord?

Valleyant posted:

we have always been at war with lowtax

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

cum posted:

it's 2020 comedy is cancelled

Velgre
Jul 15, 2015

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

i've come up with a logo and mascot for our next offsite

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

OxMan posted:

Lmao that burt posted in the good mod thread to call himself a good mod but hasn't posted here at all.

I remember when GBS was talking about gun control everywhere when the school shootings were the prevalent media thing he was all for full civilian disarmament and against arming the poor. The second the riots became the prevalent thing he never said poo poo in any of the relevant threads because he's an upper middle class centrist neolib who just wants things to go back to the way they were so nothing rocks his literal boat.

gently caress burt sexual.

he thinks being flippant about this is a funny joke

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
I just read on twitter that a crowd of people is forming near the lowtax house, and there is a 2020 Nissan GTR being fitted with concrete armor on all sides.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VotGs
Dec 15, 2003

Don't mind me.

Dogmeat posted:

The body armor thing? I think that one the army just made a rule that they couldn't use rando body armor from the internet in general, not just about our drive.

The body armor was received and used. I personally carried one of the sets; it's how I was introduced to the forums. The rules changed later, possibly in response to that charity drive or others like it.