Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

T-man posted:

the fact that you don't have a nojoe explains this take

I did and then I lost my avatar to a redtext. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Dustcat posted:

what, like, lending the money to jeffrey to buy the site? jeffrey announced he's personally gonna own all the assets lol

I mean jase1 is a self-described gambler

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

remember 10 years ago when a dude bought a pizza for 10k bitcoins? lmao

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Spergin Morlock posted:

i think my goatse/tubgirl/lotus seed pod/lemon party thread is going to drop off page 1 of QCS and i'll never get perma'd for it. lmao

thats because lowtax and jeffrey are going to hand the keys over to you, buddy. congrats!!!!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Homeless Friend posted:

when i learned ppj was the jones i knew of, and that he was master of D&D, I truly realized how funny this website is. That he contrived a nazi hunter plan is just icing on the cake.

its a wonderful feeling, that first moment where you can lay your head back and laugh at the sky

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

suprise petey was certainly a shock

so how long do we repeat another ancient bit of goon history and learn that redacted never left and Jeffery is actually radium

the forums are an endless circle

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

id strongly bet the admin who just included goatse in his forum wide announcement is not gonna perma you for that during all this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX070AEWiUU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I'm going to continue posting because it will cost me nothing, but my expectations are extremely low.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

cool dance moves posted:

thats because lowtax and jeffrey are going to hand the keys over to you, buddy. congrats!!!!

do not want

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Gobblecoque posted:

There is no loving way this actually plays out haha

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Dustcat posted:

what, like, lending the money to jeffrey to buy the site? jeffrey announced he's personally gonna own all the assets lol

i have no idea. i just heard the rumor that jase1 offered six figures to lowtax for the forums, and that sounded like the only kind of sum lowtax would be interested in. i don't know what jeff has to offer unless he invested in a cybernetic spine startup

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Anybody who gives lowtax money is a sack of poo poo that deserves to have their arms torn off and be shoved into a storm sewer, imho

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Giga Gaia posted:

its a wonderful feeling, that first moment where you can lay your head back and laugh at the sky

it was like being privvy to one of the secrets of the world you'd always suspected

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Jeffrey's going to sign a contract he can barely understand and end up taking over all lowtax's debts

If the debts are associated with something awful llc it would be part of the deal unless they convince lowtax to pay them off first

This also applies to any assets loaned in the companies name so if tax man used it to rent those sic nasti rides of his he'd lose them lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

T-man posted:

Hermann Göring at the Nuremberg trials after spending months or years protecting Hitler: "None of us loving like Hitler lol."

are you comparing lk to goring lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jewel Repetition posted:

Not just that, but there've been a ton of subtle UI improvements, including all the C-SPAM specific styles. I don't know if Jeffrey is actually personally responsible for any of it but he was admin when it happened

hahaha
a style sheet literally takes minutes of time and no Jeff didn't do those either
or any of the JS fixes

I guess good on him for tricking goons into thinking he's competent and getting them to do his work for him

He's just as much of a grifter as anyone else to share his title

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

the fact that money isn't mentioned at all in that announcement is super concerning
assume the worst and do what you have to do

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

Hermann Göring at the Nuremberg trials after spending months or years protecting Hitler: "None of us loving like Hitler lol."

...really?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I TOLD YOU THREE MONTHS AGO THAT THERE WAS A COUP

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
absolute king poo poo if lowtax loads up sa with debt and jeffrey is plunged into poverty

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Anyway it's good to know that there are powerful mysterious forces working to save the forums. We couldn't handle the truth.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'd compare Jeffrey to Donitz but he's more like Goebbels

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hahaha
a style sheet literally takes minutes of time and no Jeff didn't do those either
or any of the JS fixes

I guess good on him for tricking goons into thinking he's competent and getting them to do his work for him

are you really this mad about jeff not taking your sql advice lol

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

are you comparing lk to goring lol

More "the moderators in general" but this decorumposting about whether or not Jeffery is a piece of poo poo after everything is not causing me to like lk very much.

also i'm in angryposting mode, someone say something horny

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Squizzle posted:

who coup'd whom

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Squizzle posted:

You're alright squizzz, you're cool
:angel:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

yes, also i hate you

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Anyway it's good to know that there are powerful mysterious forces working to save the forums. We couldn't handle the truth.

emptyquote

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It all comes back to the PPJ thing. Jeffrey's handling of it was so bad so incompetent so reminiscent of all the horrible modmin behaviors of gas ban shut up nothing ever happened that I don't trust the guy and I never will

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

the fact that money isn't mentioned at all in that announcement is super concerning

i agree

T-man posted:

jeffery is the guy who fought tooth and nail to keep fyad open after the racism, trans poster doxxing, and general nazitude. He is only better than Lowtax insofar as he hasn't been credibly accused of abuse. So far. As far as I know. Anyone going in for him taking over is voting for the Joe Biden of Something Awful.

oh poo poo, that is good to know about jeffrey.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

hahaha
or any of the JS fixes

get his rear end

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

T-man posted:

More "the moderators in general" but this decorumposting about whether or not Jeffery is a piece of poo poo after everything is not causing me to like lk very much.

also i'm in angryposting mode, someone say something horny

Look, I can't give you the answer you want.

Personally, realistically, until the deal is actually signed and vetted by a lawyer and poo poo and Lowtax is legitimately gone, I know there's a good chance it fucks up. I have set my expectations as such.

But if you still have reservations or Jeffrey taking over from Lowtax isn't good enough for you, I'm not going to be able to convince you otherwise. Listen to your instincts and act accordingly.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

absolute king poo poo if lowtax loads up sa with debt and jeffrey is plunged into poverty

I mean that's literally the point behind LLCs. You have limited liability so if things don't work out you just declare bankruptcy and worse case scenario your back where you started

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol Jeffrey is independently wealthy from Bitcoin iirc. Bitcoin is going to save SA. This is amazingly ironic.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Only goons would think that an IP deal would occur live in public with everything written on an internet forum.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

are you really this mad about jeff not taking your sql advice lol

I'm mad because the industry is full of people like him in senior positions who prey on just out of college people and h1b visa recipients to do the actual work for them while they fail their ways upwards
it's a goddamned blight and he doesn't deserve adulation for being an adept exploiter

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

If this was all a ruse to get the trump thread posters to move to an offsite then I say A gentle tip o’ me hat to thou, gentlegoon :tipshat:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Just a fuckin ouroboros of bad apples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

under a new admin we will be able to ascend to xenforo 2.0 and somethingawful will be able to match the awesome posting power of cspam.xyz