Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
I think people are assuming the appreciation of those pics is coming from a much more hateful place than it actually is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Seth Rollins posted:

i had that same filthy mousepad

same we used it until the loving thing peeled apart after a few years

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

people were also really bad at taking pictures. a lot of these the content isn't anywhere near as bad as the just absolute poo poo rear end picture

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

the toddler in one of those pics can probably vote now.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

lol this looks like a good time

Just a bunch of nerds getting drunk. Less shameful than :gooncamp:

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

BrainDance posted:

What about those goons that hosed in a tent? What happened to them?

:gooncamp:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Linux Pirate posted:

Just a bunch of nerds getting drunk. Less shameful than :gooncamp:

oh no people had sex??? mods?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

dans posted:

ok I just realized I'm only like a tenth of the way through my goon pics collection I think I'm gonna have to call it

I'm glad someone kept copies after waffleimages died.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
I’ve been laughing my rear end off at this thread thanks everyone. I do have a question tho, what happened to Corsair?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

dans posted:

same we used it until the loving thing peeled apart after a few years

do you have the pic of the guy with hair growing out of the tip of his dick? mr kitty, i think

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

more falafel please posted:

people were also really bad at taking pictures. a lot of these the content isn't anywhere near as bad as the just absolute poo poo rear end picture

Is it that or is it how lovely cameras were? You can always tell an early 2000s picture because of how loving muddy and dreary looking it is.

Didn't waffleimages get all backed up before it died? Someones gotta have a dump of that somewhere, still.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

blackshreds posted:

I’ve been laughing my rear end off at this thread thanks everyone. I do have a question tho, what happened to Corsair?

he posted in the peace thread not long ago I think

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

blackshreds posted:

he was looking for sax.gif in his pool and died of too much money, and old

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shoegazing posted:

what no i just got here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Live Free posted:

I think people are assuming the appreciation of those pics is coming from a much more hateful place than it actually is

Yep I love all of them and everyone in them, they are a part of my memory

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Live Free posted:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

BrainDance posted:

Is it that or is it how lovely cameras were? You can always tell an early 2000s picture because of how loving muddy and dreary looking it is.

Didn't waffleimages get all backed up before it died? Someones gotta have a dump of that somewhere, still.

that's part of it but I think people underestimate how people learned how to take pictures with smartphones and instagram and selfies, angles and lighting and gently caress it post more pictures of two worlds please

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

it is pretty lol, to me, that people who have never seen these images before take a quick glance at the appearances and behaviours of the 30 year old people in these pictures and assume that they're all teenagers

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Live Free posted:

I mean, is there a reason they're being posted other than "those people look weird?"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

dans posted:

yeah he's fine it's mostly the fit and the astonishing computer setups in some of these pics, like, people putting monitors on top of dressers

we did what we had to do

all of those look exactly like the old LAN parties I would go to, and gently caress their little tiny apartments got hot considering all of us had enormous 20" CRTs

losing feeling in parts of my body from having to set my PC up on my friend's floor since they ran out of tables and just spending hours down there playing half life on the LAN

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Just look in the mirror for more lol

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

that's part of it but I think people underestimate how people learned how to take pictures with smartphones and instagram and selfies, angles and lighting and gently caress it post more pictures of two worlds please

also people taking pictures indoors with flash on and no post processing because it was 2005

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

its tuesday

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Squiggle posted:

Yep I love all of them and everyone in them, they are a part of my memory

it's this, sincerely

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

on the fly editing has done wonders. On your old digital camera back in the early 00s you weren't snapping away with portable photoshop

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Who's the goon who bought a bag of apples to get healthy?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Live Free posted:

I would totally hang out with those people. They look like they're having a great time, just in an extremely endearingly dorky way

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

holy poo poo Elon Musk was a goon?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I like that he got tucked in :)

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Sir John Falstaff posted:

I mean, is there a reason they're being posted other than "those people look weird?"

These pics are before your time... heh, I 2010s :rolleyes:

The Fat Swordsman
Feb 13, 2012

ilmucche posted:

I was laughing so hard at those two pictures my head started to hurt. He's just so...cozy now, isn't he? It's just so great.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

ilmucche posted:

Not only was he tucked in, but was he also fully rolled into the recovery position too?

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

The Fat Swordsman posted:

I was laughing so hard at those two pictures my head started to hurt. He's just so...cozy now, isn't he? It's just so great.

i thought the blanket was shopped in for a split second before my brain put the story together lol

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BrainDance posted:

I wonder what happened to them all, all the goons from forever ago.

I ran into a guy who I knew from some ancient SA drama online a couple years back. I just asked "hey you that guy soandso?" and we had a normal conversation, he said he was only like 14 then and he was really dumb, etc. Now he's a normal guy as far as I can tell. It's a boring story. But, I think (hope?) that that's what happened to most of the most ridiculous people on SA.

Though some of them I'm thinking it's a 50/50 shot they're still alive at best.

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005
Because I work hard for the money...bitch.
we were all dorks in the gutter, but some of us looked to the stars. so innocent. so bitter sweet.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Ice Phisherman posted:

Not only was he tucked in, but was he also fully rolled into the recovery position too?

drat you're right

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SniperWoreConverse posted:

We're all dorks at best, each one a goonish loser

Lol this is the lineage of the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

ilmucche posted:

That looks wildly dangerous :stonk:

It's probably fine if they're properly sterilized. Go google Thaipusam, that pic is pretty tame compared to some of the stuff you see there.