Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Horizon Burning posted:

I guess people missed that BnR is run by sexpest admins. It'd suck to lose this thread but I'm not going over there.

nobody gave any reason not to migrate to Spectrum. FUDsters trying to silence one of the best communities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Where's the precious 6665 page thread dark off, what are you hiding from us?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Quoting this so I can find it again.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

all threads are linked in OP btw. And somehow i forgot to check it first :shepface:

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

UnknownTarget posted:

That's different than what sexpest implies. Would be really interested in knowing what's going on before I leave one forum run by a domestic abuser for another run by rapists.

Go ask around CSPAM thread about lowtax or offsites as they could probably answer. From what I've seen there has been some outright wrong information floating around BnR during this shitshow but I am not really in a position to provide accurate information myself as I only frequent (lurk) some topics around CSPAM. CSPAM has also had actual grievances with moderation and lt before regarding banning of posters, so there is some history there.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

The Juggernaut posted:

What I wanna know, which I never see talked about, is the status of the three J R R Tolkien level languages that were promised. They were promised very early on when they were doing stretch goals for every million or 5. I think it was the stretch goal at 80 mil? Oh those old glory days of raising only double digit millions. CR wipes his rear end with 80 mil now.

Making new languages isn't that tough these days. This website procedurally generates them: https://www.vulgarlang.com/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Remember the fun times of us sitting through the Citcon language panel?

At least the costume party/bag man made up for it.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Hazamuth posted:

Go ask around CSPAM thread about lowtax or offsites as they could probably answer. From what I've seen there has been some outright wrong information floating around BnR during this shitshow but I am not really in a position to provide accurate information myself as I only frequent (lurk) some topics around CSPAM. CSPAM has also had actual grievances with moderation and lt before regarding banning of posters, so there is some history there.

Yeah, even from what I saw Torquemada's report is about half of what I've seen over the past day, but tracking it down is difficult. Wait and see whether Jeffrey can actually get the forum off Lowtax first, I think.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Mostly I remember ramp

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
page 900 too early.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Given the pending transfer away from Lowtax I think we're all good here right?

BnR has better forum software but I'd really love it if we could avoid fracturing the thread community that we've built here. We can't let Star Citizer outlast us.

Bemused Observer
Sep 21, 2019

This thread doesn't seem to work though, at least for me (it's one of the latest ones): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:reddit:: Oh Star Citizen isn't just modules anymore?

:homebrew:: Hasn't been just modules for years...

:reddit:: So it's a full game?

:argh:: Star Citizen is and always will be a sandbox open world game similar to Elite Dangerous in terms of "defined end-game".

Squadron 42 is a "complete" single player campaign featuring ~20 missions.

Both games use the same engine.

Star Citizen is available now and has many game loops, but many features are still to be added. It's 50 players per "server" and progress (money earned, ships and weapons purchased) is reset regularly.

Squadron 42 is in an unknown state as the developers stopped providing progress updates. They announced they would do a presentation video of some kind a while ago, but nothing has surfaced, which is why you'll see a few grumpy posts appearing in this thread, both from concerned backers and a group of trolls who've been obsessed with hatred for the game for many years after many of them were banned from the official forums by Ben Lesnick.

:reddit:: Okay awesome. I'll definitely check it out. All I had access to last time I played was a hanger and some unfinished city thing. I can't remember the names tbh. I only bought one ship then as well

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Dwesa posted:

quote:

For example, you create a base class for a gun. Code everything to it. Aim using the mouse, fire, when pressed, left button, etc. Rest of the guns created by that base class. So you won't have to code the common features every single time.

What a terrible base class. Input handing in Gun?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sillybones posted:

What a terrible base class. Input handing in Gun?

I doubt they meant input handling as a whole, more like assign a certain key to a generic input handler, which makes more sense in given base class than in the handler itself.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

you guys add logic outside the player controller? drat!

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Stupid question but can I read all the older threads if this is the first one I got into without going insane?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

Beets, this is the right time to stage a coup. I know you're been planning it since that time you got demoded for letting all the power go to your head. SCAM deserved much better. We got your back.

lmao please don't make me go back

G0RF posted:

Beet:

Is there any possible way for us to petition mods to help us retrieve the 2014-2017 archive of threads? In any format?

I'm not sure, do you know the names of the threads you're trying to find? We tried to archive everything from the subforum IIRC (except for the obvious white noise poo poo that I deleted before we closed, but if sebmojo is right I guess maybe some got deleted (sorry, I didn't know that was an issue at the time, I hate to think I'm responsible for such a loss of history). In any case if you have a rough idea of the threads you're looking for I can see what I can do about finding them. I can't promise anything but I can try.

Funion posted:

I see shitposting in CSPAM as dark humor, and a way to cope with the new horrors of each day. It reminds me of how we used to cope when I worked as an EMT. The TRUMP thread is full shitposting now because of how comically horrific Trump is. In most of the other threads you'll find bits of theory, debate, and deliberation, but the desperate humor is always there. D&D and CSPAM came together for a bit on Bernie, for different reasons, but now they are distinct again (Biden and Tara Reade).

Anyways CSPAM = a solid leftist space, not necessarily just a place to shitpost.

That's a much better description of the differences, thank you. I probably shouldn't have been quite so flippant about the descriptions of either subforum but I was running low on energy and really banking on the hunch that half the posters here wouldn't care lol. In any case, thank you.

okay, caughtupwiththethread.gif

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

An insane mind posted:

Stupid question but can I read all the older threads if this is the first one I got into without going insane?

Read them if you can. CIG used to say outrageous stuff at least 2 times a week so there was always some fresh meat to chew at.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

seeing bagman live and in color was made me laugh more than it should have.
and well...i think it was the highlight of the whole convention?
i mean...ppl flew to another continent to see that lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

An insane mind posted:

a price will be paid. 2015-2016 was just a manic shitshow from my vague memory. I say go for it before more of the image links die. A ton of them are already dead because of a saga involving a Redditor writing a bot to report imgur links in the thread, which then was taken advantage of by posters here to report random Star Citizen reddit poster's images.

this all feels so much like a fever dream I'll need some other people here to confirm this actually happened

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Bumble He posted:

It was definitely the highlight.

Some middle-aged guy slowly asphyxiating in front of an empty auditorium.

More exciting than everything CIG prepared.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Solarin posted:

a price will be paid. 2015-2016 was just a manic shitshow from my vague memory. I say go for it before more of the image links die. A ton of them are already dead because of a saga involving a Redditor writing a bot to report imgur links in the thread, which then was taken advantage of by posters here to report random Star Citizen reddit poster's images.

this all feels so much like a fever dream I'll need some other people here to confirm this actually happened

That's not exactly what happened lol. We had been posting images from reddit to laugh at them (like we've done for years) so when the genius-brained reddit guy made his report bot, he unwittingly targeted reddit's images via the thread, which led them to believe we were using a report bot on them, which led to the creation of the "stargur" image hosting platform, which immediately collapsed under its own weight lmao.

it was entirely accidental on our part, we just stood around scratching our heads and wondering why someone would build a bot that reports their own images lol.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm pretty sure the bot ended up reporting images we posted here but we image leeched and were hosted by them still, so they managed to somehow report and remove their own images from the source, which was a self own the magnitude of which has not been seen before, or since.

Edit: :lol:

quote:

Hi everyone, you may have noticed that our community along with several others has been under attack by a imgur report bot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qm92m/stargurcom_a_temporary_or_permanent_replacement/

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 26, 2020

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

That's not exactly what happened lol. We had been posting images from reddit to laugh at them (like we've done for years) so when the genius-brained reddit guy made his report bot, he unwittingly targeted reddit's images via the thread, which led them to believe we were using a report bot on them, which led to the creation of the "stargur" image hosting platform, which immediately collapsed under its own weight lmao.

it was entirely accidental on our part, we just stood around scratching our heads and wondering why someone would build a bot that reports their own images lol.

well that's even dumber than I remember. fuckin stargur though I remember, I want to say it was one of the Reddit mods that pushed that bullshit lmao.

Just not sure about this star citizen video game

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I love this colossal shitshow

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I'm pretty sure the bot ended up reporting images we posted here but we image leeched and were hosted by them still, so they managed to somehow report and remove their own images from the source, which was a self own the magnitude of which has not been seen before, or since.

Edit: :lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qm92m/stargurcom_a_temporary_or_permanent_replacement/

you gotta quote the whole thing lol it rules:

Dolvak posted:

Stargur.com, a temporary or permanent replacement for imgur.
Hi everyone, you may have noticed that our community along with several others has been under attack by a imgur report bot. This bot reports image links and makes imgur's auto removal system trigger. I have tried to contact imgur multiple times this week and have failed to communicate in any way. This lead me to the believe that if we can't fix the old site, just make a new one.

stargur.com went from concept to live in around 24 hours so we are still adding features and working to improve however in it's current state it serves it's original purpose. Things like full album support are coming soon.

(also stargur doesn't compress your image like imgur so that's a plus.)

Edit: YOU ALREADY KILLED IT

Edit: hug of death over, stop loving it so hard

Edit: got murdered again, working on it.

Edit: unmurdered

Star Citizen: got murdered again, working on it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Bumble He posted:

Lol, no need to apologize. I rooted for bagman from the beginning. So while sipping a mint julep I tossed a buck on bagman at 50:1 odds.

I think one of the better goon posts after mine was basically "This cannot be real" after bagman was dragged on stage basically microwaving himself.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Lol, no need to apologize. I rooted for bagman from the beginning. So while sipping a mint julep I tossed a buck on bagman at 50:1 odds.

I think one of the better goon posts after mine was basically "This cannot be real" after bagman was dragged on stage basically microwaving himself.

I remember your robust and genuine support of bag man, when no one else was there for him. Now bag man has been decisively proven as the most intelligent of us all in these respiratory pandemic times

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

you gotta quote the whole thing lol it rules:

Star Citizen: got murdered again, working on it.

That thread is great, I forgot it was Dolvak who made it lol, he's just so happy with himself and then folk are like "it's blocked at work" and he's all "wow really?"
It's maybe the longest sad trombone sound ever recorded

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm not sure, do you know the names of the threads you're trying to find? We tried to archive everything from the subforum IIRC (except for the obvious white noise poo poo that I deleted before we closed, but if sebmojo is right I guess maybe some got deleted (sorry, I didn't know that was an issue at the time, I hate to think I'm responsible for such a loss of history). In any case if you have a rough idea of the threads you're looking for I can see what I can do about finding them. I can't promise anything but I can try.

The links to all the old threads in the OP of this thread all work for me, except the one called Big MoMA’s House. The original thread requires archives to read.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Star Citizen has been in development for 27 years.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

peter gabriel posted:

This was, by far, peak humor for the thread. Even better if you were watching it in real time as their own report-bot took down their images one by one, and they scrambled to blame us.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

You quitting this thread just like Chris Roberts quit Star Citizen?

loving leavers!!!!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1323000/Space_Court/

RELEASE LOVE PLEDGE, WE'RE ALMOST THERE!

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Alright, I'm going to dive into the old threads. When I started reading this one it took me about a month to catch up...so let's see how long I have to go under.
I hope the old threads explain how you actually buy an Idris, I keep pledging, but no game appears.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

An insane mind posted:

Alright, I'm going to dive into the old threads. When I started reading this one it took me about a month to catch up...so let's see how long I have to go under.
I hope the old threads explain how you actually buy an Idris, I keep pledging, but no game appears.

If you haven't already earned your name, you will have when you're done with that project.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Solarin posted:

I swear undying fealty to the guy that posts Kayak jpegs

So say we all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

so are you guys going to buy the new vehicle that lets you do FPS mining but from a car?

https://streamable.com/s6r9fn