Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
One of my friends just had to fly to cali and she pissed off the person enough in the seat next to her because he wasnt wearing a mask that he moved lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/rachelgurvich/status/1276337282560253953?s=21
This bar location is clearly not going to be available in time for the test.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

My concern is that we've over corrected our earlier mask error and are giving the false impression that masks are perfect solution to the issue. AA seems to think it's fine to pack people into a metal tube as long as they have masks and that's not at all the case.

I don't really think it's even that, I think companies just kinda latched on to an easy visual sign of 'look how much we care' and not have to do anything like proper sterilization/distancing as long as they have it.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
https://www.cbs7.com/2020/06/26/abilene-official-says-city-will-not-enforce-gov-abbotts-executive-order-on-bars-and-restaurants/

quote:

Abilene official says city will not enforce Gov. Abbott’s executive order on bars and restaurants

I expect more of this.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Interesting choice, lets see how it plays out for them.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

i say swears online posted:

so lady antebellum is now lady A, but the dixie chicks just changed their name to the chicks. should've gone with "the D chicks"
When I saw this, my first thought was, "How long until it's down to 'The'."

Local cities here Where Texas Began are passing mask ordinances and the conservatives are going nuts on social media.

I hope they have a vaccine in time for the Darwin Awards this year, because I really want to attend if there's an event. Granted, it will be the longest on record, but worth every second.

Legato
Jul 7, 2004

Un cave troll espectacular!
It kinda makes sense if the TABC, a state organization, is the enforcement agency for an executive order.

Truly the most unexpected thing about 2020 is that I'm rooting for the TABC. (sorta)

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
I can only speak anecdotally, but the TABC is definitely not enforcing poo poo around here when it comes to distancing, capacity, etc, and has not been - unless I assume there a massive snowjob done for inspections when I'm not around.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

https://twitter.com/Tessa_Weinberg/status/1276624741449809921
Hospitalizations cracked 5k, rate of increase continues to track with hospitalizations doubling every 10 days. This is not going to be a good 4th of July weekend for the state of Texas.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ReindeerF posted:

I can only speak anecdotally, but the TABC is definitely not enforcing poo poo around here when it comes to distancing, capacity, etc, and has not been - unless I assume there a massive snowjob done for inspections when I'm not around.

I assume it's how the TABC enforces everything else, it's only against the places they don't like.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

duz posted:

I assume it's how the TABC enforces everything else, it's only against the places they don't like.

If true, then it would be encouraging that they shut down a racist chud bar in Austin.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

duz posted:

That would be my guess, yeah, heh.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I just got emergency alerts in English and Spanish pushed through my phone for Harris County. I didn't think they would do that, but I am happy.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Same

I’ve noticed that almost everybody is wearing masks again in the burbs in the last few days.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is anyone aware of new Abbott executive orders regarding quarantining people coming in from other states?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oil! posted:

I just got emergency alerts in English and Spanish pushed through my phone for Harris County. I didn't think they would do that, but I am happy.

What was the alert? I heard Hidalgo was considering a stay-at-home "order" or whatever

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1276645162375098370

Oh it's an "advisory"

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 26, 2020

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Zwabu posted:

Beto came within 3 points of Generic GOP Senator based on vigorous campaigning, being charismatic, and gently caress Donald Trump.

As much as I will never believe in Dems winning statewide in TX until it suddenly happens (especially living amongst smug right wingers with money), add pandemic deaths and economic calamity to Beto's performance and yeah, I can see it.

Ted Cruz wasn't a generic GOP Senator. He was the poster boy of the Tea Party, the Defiant One that shut down the gubmint to vex Obama.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
now's about as good a time as any for my jalepenos to start coming in

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Anecdotal, but the medical transport company I work for has lost its drat mind today because every hospital in the area is dumping patients to make more beds for COVID patients.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CBSDFW/status/1276176590720970754

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Zil posted:

Interesting choice, lets see how it plays out for them.

Abilene is one of those places where you stop because you have to get gas and there's nowhere else for two hundred miles in any direction. You get out of your car and immediately make a face because of how hot and dusty it is. Then as you fill up your tank, you see that all of the locals are just spitting constantly, because I guess they've got dust in their dumb, slackjawed mouths. You'd think they'd have taken up mask wearing a century ago to deal with the goddamned dust, but instead they opted for spitting all over the place.

I'm sure they're gonna be an extreme hotspot, like Amarillo, because same thing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

according to people i know in town, a shitload of the bartenders in montrose have the virus. they dont have healthcare and they have to work to pay bills, so theyre just coming in no matter what.

poo poo gonna be ugly

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

smoobles posted:

Obama told Beto to run for President??

obama's people did, not sure if obama ever talked to hima bout it tho

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
I'm sure Chris Bell and Beto have long happy hours negotiating which one will agree to let the other lose national office next.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Zwabu posted:

Is anyone aware of new Abbott executive orders regarding quarantining people coming in from other states?

Lol, if anything surrounding states should be quarantining Texans.

Fireant
Sep 13, 2003

Information Gatherer
https://twitter.com/TheTutos/status/1276665909688635397?s=20

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 22, 2024

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Hell yeah!

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Let me put it this way: Once everyone's parents and grandparents are dying, is there really any political rhetoric capable of explaining that away for folks? Maybe I'm idealistic to a fault, but I think there's a chance that could wake a lot of people up.

"One of the unfortunate few"
"It was just his time"
"There was no way we could have known"
"He's in a better place now"

Blotto_Otter posted:

Is there a worse Texas Democrat own-goal this decade than Beto running for president instead of senate?

That time they ran a dallas cop for governor during that really energetic midterm election :v:

Also I just saw a car with one of those spicy whataburger ketchup looking beto stickers on it. Which one of you nerds was it?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
someone should go to all the texas cities with cannons in front of the court houses and spin them around to point at the courthouse.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Come and Turn It

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Come and Twerk It

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Last two flights I was on were 95% full anyway.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Provided you wear a full fresh air regulator and goggles, then don't remove them, really shouldn't be an issue. I'm hosed getting back because getting back takes 20+ hours and transit, but domestically that should be enough.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Rip in hell, lovely little arch. Even it wasn't a monument to hate, it would still be a piece of poorly made garbage.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
The only flights I take these days are from Korea to the states, and I'm really not looking forward to doing that in mask.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
You mostly get used to it after about half an hour. Thankfully, I only have to do it for 12 hours at work and not 30 in a flying 'rona tube.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Oh cool, HEB is requiring masks now so I don't get side eye from angry boomers making a 7:15am political statement :v:

also score

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i wish jumex wasn't like $.50/can, it's all i'd drink if i could afford it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KENS5/status/1276822581321043971

gently caress off lady