Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Deified Data posted:

They're getting PM'ed in the 40k thread I believe

oh welp I already requested one, thanks!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Deleter posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking of moving off of here too. Sad to see that the Age of Slgmar thread only got to two iterations, but I hope it has been useful! I'll keep it up until either the foul Nurgle spawn Lowtax shuts it all down or something else happens.

Best of luck!

Don't give up entirely Lowtax could be booted.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Honestly hoping he pawns the site off on someone and and we just institute the sub model we always should have had

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Post endlessly to drive up the bandwidth costs and tell people to stop donating to his patreon account and that might do the trick unless he just shutters the whole thing.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
His Patreon has already dropped to under half what it was before this poo poo broke, so, yeah. One of two things is absolutely going to happen: He'll spite close it, or he'll sell it.

It's just that, knowing him, odds are on spite.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Mulva posted:

His Patreon has already dropped to under half what it was before this poo poo broke, so, yeah. One of two things is absolutely going to happen: He'll spite close it, or he'll sell it.

It's just that, knowing him, odds are on spite.

It will be spite, just like the guy behind facepunch with that forum.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
So I don't even play this game but bought some nighthaunt to paint because the models are fantastic.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is there an AoS faction that plays like 40K Custodes? Elite forces, low model count, can spend less cash on things

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there an AoS faction that plays like 40K Custodes? Elite forces, low model count, can spend less cash on things

Well if I'm to be believed there's going to be an all giant army soon. Not many models but big and stompy. Probably gonna be a lot for each model though.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I used to see ogres recommended for this in fantasy. They're in AoS as ogors but still expensive per model somewhat.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Stormcast, honestly. The basic guy is also one a 40mm base!

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Yeah. Ogors are very elite. They’re also pretty cheap to build an army (comparatively, the hobby in general is loving super expensive, get a motorcycle and a guitar instead probably, maybe take up smoking - a lot cheaper and cooler). For a nice ogre-focused army, you could get like a tyrant, slaughtermaster, box of 4 iron guts, box of 4 lead belchers, box of 6 gluttons and you pretty much got a ogre 1000 point army (add mawpot probably). Cheapest is probably just beast claw starting box, tyrant, box of iron guts for 1000 points.

The upcoming giant army probably gonna be the most “elite”, but no one really knows how they play I don’t think. Some think like 40k knights, but they seem less modular, so hard to say. Maybe they’ll be able to join all armies? I haven’t been following closely for a little while.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
You can also easily run an elite Slaves to Darkness list that is halfway decent on the table. One list that I run pretty often is a total of like, 18 models I think?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ogor Mawtribes, Stormcast, Some builds of Slaves to Darkness, and some builds of Ironjaws is what I see.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

The upcoming giant army probably gonna be the most “elite”, but no one really knows how they play I don’t think. Some think like 40k knights, but they seem less modular, so hard to say. Maybe they’ll be able to join all armies? I haven’t been following closely for a little while.

One of the things they stated early on is that any army can take a Mega-Gargant as an ally.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
Here's another vote for Ironjaws, as that's why I picked them. You can make a very playable army at 2000 points with like 40-50 models. Granted, this includes something like the Maw-krusha, but still.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Beastclaw Raiders are very low model count.

Or the comedy option is the new giants coming out.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Admin Eternals are in the process of seizing the forums so maybe this cursed thread will continue on! Which means I get to update the OP.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I got my Lumineth box early and whooo boy I can't wait for Teclis bullshit.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
sigmarboutique's aethergold tokens are maybe the one of the dumber things I bought this summer but also they're rad as hell.

I got my Lumineth box and honestly still can't shake the "hahaha okay where's the other half of the range?" feeling.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Der Waffle Mous posted:

sigmarboutique's aethergold tokens are maybe the one of the dumber things I bought this summer but also they're rad as hell.

I got my Lumineth box and honestly still can't shake the "hahaha okay where's the other half of the range?" feeling.

From What I heard the book mentioned tons of other stuff that should be in the range.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it's kinda funny that Eltharion, who in almost all editions of the high elf army book battletome was notable because he was a mage (because of a magic item) as well as a high elf prince, can't cast any spells in AoS.

although they seem to be riffing more off eltharion the blind who I thought was more interesting (and a better model) anyway.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
The lore of Hysh calls him out as being able to take spells from it makes it weirder.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Eltharion is back so where the hell is grom the paunch

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Still think about that 4th edition fantasy starter box. 20 spears, 20 archers, and a carboard standee of eltharion and a bolt thrower. Cool.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

Eltharion is back so where the hell is grom the paunch

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Where's that from?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

Where's that from?

Some guy on Reddit printed it based on Total War Grom

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/c...utm_name=iossmf

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jun 28, 2020

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The guy that got the model in printable form also has a ton other TW:W2 models on his Thingiverse account. They're drat good.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Floppychop posted:

The guy that got the model in printable form also has a ton other TW:W2 models on his Thingiverse account. They're drat good.

Flying real close to the copyright sun though

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Not so much "flying real close to the copyright sun" as "fired straight into the heart of the copyright sun on a rocketship".

A lot of his models are either meticulous copies of Total Warhammer models, or the Total Warhammer models themselves modified to be compatible with 3d printing. His Chaos Giant, for instance.

Not that I'm complaining. I save every one of his models to my computer because it's only a matter of time before he is removed from thingiverse.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Thanks for you momentary lapse of weakness.

You need these for your Lumineth now:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/825457055/aetherquartz-reserve-tokens?ref=shop_home_active_3

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Winklebottom posted:

Flying real close to the copyright sun though

Night shift gobbos lol

Still, they are making cool printed content :)

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

TKIY posted:

Thanks for you momentary lapse of weakness.

You need these for your Lumineth now:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/825457055/aetherquartz-reserve-tokens?ref=shop_home_active_3

These would look really nice cast in transparent resin.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Horrors of Tzeentch rules question. Their special rule reads:

quote:

Split and Split Again: Should a Horror
meet its end at the hands of the enemy, it is capable of splitting itself into lesser daemons and renewing its assault twice over.
When you allocate wounds or mortal
wounds to this unit, you must allocate
them to a Pink Horror model if it is possible
to do so.
Each time an Iridescent Horror or Pink
Horror model from a friendly unit with
this ability is slain, you can add 2 Blue
Horror models to that unit after removing
the slain model. Each time a Blue Horror
model from a friendly unit with this ability
is slain, you can add 1 Brimstone Horrors
model to that unit after removing the
slain model.
Set up the additional models one at a
time within 1" of the position that the
slain model had occupied. The additional
models can only be set up within 3" of an
enemy unit if the position that the slain
model had occupied or any other models
from the slain model’s unit are within 3"
of that enemy unit. If you cannot set up
the additional models in this way, they are
removed from play (they do not count as
being slain).

Since each Pink turns into two Blues, and you have to allocate wounds to Pinks before you start killing any Blues, doesn't this mean that if I have a unit of 10 Pinks I have to have 20 Blue models on hand to properly run the unit?

The rules mean that each Blue is basically invulnerable until every Pink is dead.

If my understanding is correct, this is pretty frustrating because a box of 10 Pinks is 40$, and box of 10 Blues and 10 Brimstones is 40$. So to properly run a unit of 10 Pinks you'd need to drop 120$.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Welcome to GW games :capitalism:

Yeah it super stinks. Get that stuff second hand if you can, or just run a bunch of Tzeentch Flamers in the cult that makes them battleline.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Geisladisk posted:

Horrors of Tzeentch rules question. Their special rule reads:

Since each Pink turns into two Blues, and you have to allocate wounds to Pinks before you start killing any Blues, doesn't this mean that if I have a unit of 10 Pinks I have to have 20 Blue models on hand to properly run the unit?

The rules mean that each Blue is basically invulnerable until every Pink is dead.

If my understanding is correct, this is pretty frustrating because a box of 10 Pinks is 40$, and box of 10 Blues and 10 Brimstones is 40$. So to properly run a unit of 10 Pinks you'd need to drop 120$.

I think you can have pinks explode instead of split as an choice.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Just played a 2k Game of Sigmar over the weekend with a buddy

My List was:

Legion of Sacrament:

Lord of Sacrament,

Arkhan the Black
Mortis Engine
Necromancer
Necromancer

20 Chainrasps
20 Skeletons
5 Dire wolves

10 Grimghast Reapers
6 Spirit Hosts
10 Hexwraiths (2x5)

His list:
Squigs

He moved too close in the first round as he was first turn. Killed a few skeletons, and chainrasps and the grimghasts. But he forgot to move his caster into unbind range, so his Warlord was within range of Arkhan, the Mortis Engine, and the Necros. Cut to my turn I burned his warlord down in a single cast of Curse of years, and decrepified his forward line, Brought back the reapers in the graveyard of his deployment zone, and proceeded to clear the board. Feels good man.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I'm curious when the lumineth book was finalized because there's a lot of bizzare mistakes that imply they had more plans or didn't give a second pass.

Stuff that sticks out:
Light of Eletharion can take a spell from the disciple of Hysh but isnt' a caster.

Stone Stance is an action you have to trigger manually but it has no cost or downside associated with it so im not sure why you wouldnt just keep it on.

There's a lot of talk about other elements than Earth which don't show up, but GW loves their mystery boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/29/the-generals-handbook-2020-whats-in-the-book

ICYMI the new General's Handbook is coming up for preorder this weekend.