Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Waltzing Along posted:

Has the Lowtax show aired yet? If not, when? If when, why?

I'm recapping it now.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

sharknado slashfic posted:

Holy poo poo I finally like an anime

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
WA WA WEEE WAA LOWTAX AH DUMB BASTARD

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Partycat posted:

I appreciate the summary but would ask that you not include your own commentary in the middle of it. It comes off like a position paper, based on your opinion of both of the show hosts. I'm sure you've got it, and I'll listen later, but, it doesn't lend confidence to the reader to write like that.

Holy poo poo dude. You are acting more entitled than lowtax. Write you own summary next time.

LaughingWallaby
Mar 29, 2020

Coffee Jones posted:

The pettiness around the image hosting is such baby with the bathwater.

What was the deal with image hosting? Did lowtax throw a fit because he didn't want to host images on his own servers?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

spouse posted:

Per some dumb vice article we had nearly 200k registered accounts as of 2017. That's $2,000,000 without any forum upgrades, re-reg'd accounts, avatars, grudge avars, advertisement, SAmart stickies, internal banners, patreon money, donation money, tshirts or stickers, rifftrax tie-ins, ad-revenue from the frontpage back in the day, etc etc.

Yeah, $7 million doesn't seem crazy.

lol just imagine loving that money train up because you can't stop abusing women

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Stalin-Chan posted:

theres definitely going to be a few less people but it probably won't really make much of a visible difference.

nowadays I mostly post on LAN in the san francisco thread, and that's a pretty slow thread so I can't imagine it getting any more dead than that, other than just totally dead.

I will leave if lowtax keeps it
Ill toxx on it right now

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

five

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Partycat posted:

I appreciate the summary but would ask that you not include your own commentary in the middle of it. It comes off like a position paper, based on your opinion of both of the show hosts. I'm sure you've got it, and I'll listen later, but, it doesn't lend confidence to the reader to write like that.

Pour hot tar up your rear end with a road cone.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spinz posted:

Ill toxx on it right now

I wont be here to ban you if that happens so please self enforce

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Partycat posted:

I DEMAND the highest journalistic standards when someone for free recaps a stupid podcast by assholes who are interviewing an abuser.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

El_Elegante posted:

here lies richard

toe jam and chease

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

yikeseroo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yikesington

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Honked again

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Pour hot tar up your rear end with a road cone.

I don't know if you got the memo but they are called "CS defusers" now

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I don't appreciate the tone of some of you here ok. Everytime some of y'all speak I can't help but pick up on your innate biases and I rather you leave it at home and let the facts speak for themselves so I have a shot at a glimpse of the pure truth.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Lee's Summit Treat!

Musluk
May 23, 2011

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Barudak posted:

I wont be here to ban you if that happens so please self enforce

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Create a subforum for lowtax only, call it Yikers Island.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

caleb posted:

I don't know if you got the memo but they are called "CS defusers" now

Defuse my butthole

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

skewetoo posted:

I don't appreciate the tone of some of you here ok. Everytime some of y'all speak I can't help but pick up on your innate biases and I rather you leave it at home and let the facts speak for themselves so I have a shot at a glimpse of the pure truth.

look i don't appreciate the inflections you put on everything, i need straight up uncut syntax, don't got time for all this jibber jabber

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I use my left hand to poo poo post and my right hand to pick my nose.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Spinz posted:

Ill toxx on it right now

I will follow Jeffrey to some site from scratch too

This place means a lot to me, but I'll go. I actually think this place would have less people and can you imagine the constant snark everywhere? GBS couldn't exist, and those who stayed would fight with any new chuds.

Imagine the political forums lol
That is where much of the posters are and they aren't going to stay and give this rear end in a top hat money

Half are gone by the end of the year

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Necrofiliate posted:

Look at it this way, no matter what he is going to make money, even if everyone mad leaves and the admins burn everything down on the way out, he will just fix it.

Say Jeff doesn't buy it for 100k (a pure guess), Lowtax will easily make 100k off the lingering clueless people and chuds that stay, as well as the front page. it will be over many years but hes still absolutely going to make that money no matter what, no matter how mad people are.

Say Jeff does buy it for 100K (again a pure guess number). Lowtax still makes the money, but there is a much bigger chance he blows it all at once on something stupid and ruins his life more.

One way preserves SA as a community, the other sees it die in a firey hellstorm.

Either way Lowtax is making money and nobody is going to be able to stop it from happening.

His Patreon went from nearly 100k a year to less than 18k a year in a couple days and is likely on its way to zero or very close to it.

I don’t see a lot of people buying avs and name changes and unbans either.

I don’t see this forum making much money going forward if it stays owned by Richard.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

just leave this place for lowtax to turn into some lovely mra forum. its the perfect ending to the story of sa

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

Thanks, I hate it.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

lol gently caress off and listen to it yourself then

not a lawyer
Jan 8, 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Imagine if Frags had a good workout regimen and protein intake. My man would be a beffy swole thiccsteak.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
The more time passes the more I think a new site is a better idea

Just take some pictures of the best thread and make something new

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

just leave this place for lowtax to turn into some lovely mra forum. its the perfect ending to the story of sa

I agree.

Lowtax failing at even being able to grift from MAGA chuds and dying penniless and alone is honestly the best end scenario.

We can easily go elsewhere.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Moola posted:

Defuse my butthole

(Beavis voice)
Are you threatening me
(Regular voice)
With a good time?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

No the perfect ending is SA flourishing without him. :getin:

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

LaughingWallaby posted:

What was the deal with image hosting? Did lowtax throw a fit because he didn't want to host images on his own servers?

Actually I’m not sure anymore,
Imageshack vs Waffleimages vs whatever else. I definitely remember lots of good content going up in smoke over drama

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Spinz posted:

Ill toxx on it right now