Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh, right. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Also that name is Rad. :downsrim:

Its ok, times are tough and people are on the edge.

More like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azdwsXLmrHE

My character does like like Freddie Mercury, if Freddie was a 7 foot tall Goliath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, but I wanted to reference Chroma Squad (and its main villain, Lord Gaga.)

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Who said that WC had that magic teleporting mirror bolted into her chest cavity? Because she's awfully eager to take a ki rata strike, knows that she can't win and seems to have a plan to avoid losing. Double ko maybe?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Ok, now that's the time to unleash the atomic karate.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Quantum Toast posted:

I wonder which demiurge is best at them.

Besides Gog-Agog, obviously.

Well obviously Gog-Agog is excellent at them.

Gog-Agog on the other hand? Truly wretched.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Who is the most Royal JoJo?

j/k we all know it's young Joseph

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Who What Now posted:

Lol it's Jolyne easy

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Yeah

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Giorno, cause he rules the entire Italian underworld by the end.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now posted:

Jesus.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Jadis. She knows how to always get the ending she wants, even the secret ones with ridiculous prerequisites.
Yeah, I can't disagree with this.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Ringo Roadagain

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Who What Now posted:

Johnny would punch a baby.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Yeah like to be entirely serious It’s a major part of Johnny’s character that he’s so loving determined to get what he wants that he’ll act without thinking and scare the poo poo out of everyone around him in the process.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
You think we're joking when we say Jesus.

We're not.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Archenteron posted:

You think we're joking when we say Jesus.

We're not.
Joshua Bar Joseph

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Nah but fr Giorno's CHARISMA (that he inherited from Dio) or Johnny's Dark Determination are the closest concepts in jojo to Royalty, both are driving forces that allow the people who have them to actively achieve their goals in ways that no one else in the story can.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Power is YISUN's greatest joke.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You guys can't tell me that YISUN wouldn't be tickled pink by Joseph's hijinks and bullshitting

E:

And Hamon is the most noble of the fist arts

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

It's definitely Jesus

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Was this comic always a shounen manga and I just didn't notice? This fight scene feels like it came straight out of some manga somewhere.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think Operant has said that this arc in particular is meant to be a manga tournament homage.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Yeah this is definitely an homage to battle manga. In general I'd say the manga influence in the story ebbs and flows and right now it's at a pretty high tide.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
KSBD has always worn its influences on its sleeve, and I mean that in a good way. This has been very much a manga tournament arc.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

habeasdorkus posted:

KSBD has always worn its influences on its sleeve, and I mean that in a good way. This has been very much a manga tournament arc.

One thing that's been done very well is they've kept things shuffling regularly instead of sticking to the preset format (eg; the Battle Royale, Juggernaut, Solomon's Ki-Rata demonstration, etc). That and just benching Allison for the final battle and making it White Chain facing off against Solomon David instead. If it was Allison you could make some pretty solid guesses how that fight would go for the next dozen pages because she's gonna come out fine due to being the protagonist. With it being White Chain in the arena instead, this fight could go anywhere... :suspense:

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Vigilant Gaze sitting in the peanut gallery and saying things like "I haven't seen that power up in a while... I hope she knows what she's doing" is also extremely DBZ in the funniest way.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Red Bones posted:

Vigilant Gaze sitting in the peanut gallery and saying things like "I haven't seen that power up in a while... I hope she knows what she's doing" is also extremely DBZ in the funniest way.

It even had the big gently caress-off attack, dust-cloud aftermath and then quasi-unharmed opponent.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah, there's always been a lil anime in here what with martial arts angels calling out their attacks and all, and this part really leans into it.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Glagha posted:

Yeah, there's always been a lil anime in here what with martial arts angels calling out their attacks and all, and this part really leans into it.
They're all muscle wizards, calling out the attack is the verbal component of the spell, just like the punch is the somatic component.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
re: Jesus - while he's definitely a JoJo, and canonically gets killed but doesn't die from it, I feel like being the Son of God should disqualify one from Royalty. It seems like the metaphysical equivalent of being born on third base and telling everyone you hit a triple

I gotta go with Joseph

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Phy posted:

re: Jesus - while he's definitely a JoJo, and canonically gets killed but doesn't die from it, I feel like being the Son of God should disqualify one from Royalty. It seems like the metaphysical equivalent of being born on third base and telling everyone you hit a triple

I gotta go with Joseph

now to be clear is this joseph joestar or the biblical joseph??

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Counterpoint: Considering how much the gods in KSBD asked YISUN about the subject, most of them weren't particularly good at being Royalty either.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Pyrus Malus posted:

now to be clear is this joseph joestar or the biblical joseph??

Is there a last name in the bible? Who's to say they aren't one and the same?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Behold His Stand, 「THE CROSS」

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1278151625660600326

quote:

“This hand is not my hand. This sword is not my sword. This self is not myself.. I will lock it in a place far away when I am done with it, and I will examine it when I am ready.”

-Ya’at battle prayer

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
How does this comic keep getting cooler?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
She's so dead but it's going to be amazing.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
You can't just reuse the move you improvised yesterday! Can only hope that the alt text means its a double fake out.

"Improvisation is not typically an angel tactic but White Chain's learned from the best"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

M_Gargantua posted:

You can't just reuse the move you improvised yesterday! Can only hope that the alt text means its a double fake out.

"Improvisation is not typically an angel tactic but White Chain's learned from the best"

It's not the same move! Last time she only attacked with her soul form, this time she's using both.