Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
looks like YouTube is banning a bunch of people today too, like Stefan Molyneux, David Duke, and American Renaissance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Continuity RCP posted:

tempel ov blood are the trailer trash white hindu nazis

this thread tended to focus on the S.C. weirdos but O9A has been around in britain for awhile and i think the S.C. ones were taking inspiration from them. it really goes back to a guy named david myatt who got involved in nazi stuff all the way back in the 1960s, and eventually coverted to islam.

Ahhh, thank you!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

aware of dog posted:

looks like YouTube is banning a bunch of people today too, like Stefan Molyneux, David Duke, and American Renaissance
i recently became aware of a strange behind-the-scenes business in the corporate world which is companies who are contracted to set up backchannel, private communication between executives in various, specific layers or sectors of big enterprises. like there's an executive in charge of sustainability and how they will adjust business practices to meet certain goals and so forth and communicate with other executives in different companies doing the same thing. it kinda makes me wonder whether there's someone with a job like that but it's in terms of anti-discrimination / hate speech / violent speech, and the people in charge of that (or whatever is something equivalent to that) have been working together to smash the ban button on a bunch of this stuff all at once.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

aware of dog posted:

it's probably a coincidence but reddit, twitch and youtube all taking action on the same day is such a gift to the "radical left tech companies oppressing conservatives" narrative

not that they'll do anything about it besides make a parler account or whatever the next clone site is then come back to the big sites when they get no engagement there

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

aware of dog posted:

Maybe all these places have figured out that they're gonna bitch about being CENSORED anyway you might as well get the upside of actually getting rid of them too.

lol just kidding they're scared because Unilever isn't having it anymore.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
since these companies only give a poo poo about money the far right could fight back with their own boycotts :xd:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Wait, so this all comes off the back of Unilever saying "We're not on brand with hate speech anymore, so we'll not allow our adds on facebook." Is Unilever really such a big moneymaker?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Unilever is a gigantic conglomerate, one of those businesses that it turns out actually owns everything

https://www.unilever.com/brands/

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
corporate axe is gonna come for the left soon enough, i guess the chapo subreddit is the start of that

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

xtal posted:

Yeah, Unilever is a gigantic conglomerate, one of those businesses that it turns out actually owns everything

Huh, you think stuff like that'd be illegal, I mean...that would give unilever some sort of...unfair bargaining advantage. Oh well, I guess in this case it worked out but maybe unhinged capitalism isn't that great? I dunno, might need more info on this.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Unilever is basically one of those Shadowrun Corporations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Platystemon posted:

lol they took a legit mansion and decorated the interior so poorly that everyone thinks it’s a McMansion.

The interior is an accurate restoration of the original

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Facebook has lost $60,000,000,000 of it's stock value in two days

direct action works

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

xtal posted:

the hell. this is like that situation when i learned of Alphabet, a company so massive it owns loving GOOGLE, despite never hearing of them before

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

the hell. this is like that situation when i learned of Alphabet, a company so massive it owns loving GOOGLE, despite never hearing of them before

google made alphabet as an umbrella company for itself and all of its spinoff companies. it’s not like they were an independent company that bought out google

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

google made alphabet as an umbrella company for itself and all of its spinoff companies. it’s not like they were an independent company that bought out google

ohhh, i see. i thought it was like some big chinese company or something (like that one that controls china's biggest youtube-like video site)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

brugroffil posted:

Classic Edwardian originals like the Yor, Hunter from the Future painting and knock-off AR-15.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mr Interweb posted:

ohhh, i see. i thought it was like some big chinese company or something (like that one that controls china's biggest youtube-like video site)

sign of the times I suppose that we might as well just assume China owns google and we’d be like yeah why the gently caress not at this point

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

1980s Japan looks on, crying.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
unilever is old as poo poo, next time you go shopping you’ll notice the logo everywhere. petty sure they sell poo poo in every country except NK

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/feralgrass/status/1277819590790258688?s=19

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Link warriors, assemble: Some bottom feeder on a friends wall has bought into replacement theory, that the moosleem arabbers will replace pig coloured danish heroes.

What are good, digestible statistics that other demographics aren't outbreeding ethnic europeans?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

brugroffil posted:

So the tacky gubbins are a faithful reproduction of sightly older tasteless bullshit

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Tias posted:

Link warriors, assemble: Some bottom feeder on a friends wall has bought into replacement theory, that the moosleem arabbers will replace pig coloured danish heroes.

What are good, digestible statistics that other demographics aren't outbreeding ethnic europeans?

These people won't be convinced by rational discourse or empirical evidence, just goatse him.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Tias posted:

Just post the sowing/reaping meme.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Shaun has a good video on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbxVfSqtt8

Unfortunately, the chance of getting those people to actually watch a video or read an article they don't agree with are exactly nil.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Avirosb posted:

Just post the sowing/reaping meme.

What's this?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

jfc

for his services in protecting the security state from accountability, he has been remunerated with enough to purchase a century old mansion filled with decadent kitsch. what a world

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Tias posted:

What's this?

Just add a line about colonization first.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Tias posted:

Do literally anything else with your time, I beg you

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

https://twitter.com/uhshanti/status/1277444660844048387
(those guns are being brandished at BLM protesters in STL)

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWgVpmo1e0

though the miracles of russian medicine and an all meat diet, he’s back

also molyneux did a twitch stream and got permabanned after 50 minutes

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i recently became aware of a strange behind-the-scenes business in the corporate world which is companies who are contracted to set up backchannel, private communication between executives in various, specific layers or sectors of big enterprises. like there's an executive in charge of sustainability and how they will adjust business practices to meet certain goals and so forth and communicate with other executives in different companies doing the same thing. it kinda makes me wonder whether there's someone with a job like that but it's in terms of anti-discrimination / hate speech / violent speech, and the people in charge of that (or whatever is something equivalent to that) have been working together to smash the ban button on a bunch of this stuff all at once.

I don't think we'll ever get confirmation, but I think it is pretty clear that there is at least loose coordination between the heavy hitters regarding bans like this.

Now, I don't mean that there's a shadowy Slack where they all discuss who to ban next, but more that they all keep each other appraised of internal thinking and if one platform decides to ban someone big, everyone else gets a little notice.

I don't think it's any kind of moral stance, just that they've figured out the revenue hit from banning someone like Molyneaux is outweighed by the positive press they get.

I'd also bet, but will also never get confirmation, that they have metrics which show that banning someone like Molyneaux doesn't meaningfully affect how much time users spend on the site. That is, they tracked what the users who watched banned personalities did after a ban and they just pick a different dipshit instead of reducing time spent watching.

Now, there's certainly a point where that ceases to be true, but as long as all the major platforms don't deviate from each other too much (hence the informal or even formal coordination), no one's really gonna get out over their skis.

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

I gotta say it is pretty satisfying to see molyneaux banned. He is such a smug loving prick. something about dumb guys acting like intellectuals is particularly grating to me

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

starring Dustin Hoffman and

and Jessica Walters

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Filthy Hans posted:

Facebook has lost $60,000,000,000 of it's stock value in two days

direct action works

It's going to be really loving ironic if the counter to geriatric ultra-rich assholes throwing money at right-wing shits turns out to be megacorporations saying "you know, supporting hate speech is hurting our profits".

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Reclines Obesily posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWgVpmo1e0

though the miracles of russian medicine and an all meat diet, he’s back

also molyneux did a twitch stream and got permabanned after 50 minutes

probably best for him tbh, the real time interactivity and difficulty of having the sort of complete control over the venue and your audience that these guys rely on isn't really possible with Twitch, which is why it's to the left what YouTube is to the right

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

NYT covered the murder I mentioned:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/world/europe/denmark-bornholm-race.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

/r/chapotraphouse doxxed right wingers and engaged in some brigading and of course had lots of posts about killing cops. pretty sure those were the reasons they were banned. like /r/the_donald, they were quarantined for a while but a month or two ago got reopened because the mods complied with the reddit admins. this is just what i understand from loosely asking about it on twitter, idk how accurate any of it is. real chapo heads go to /r/moretankiechapo anyway.