Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gonkish posted:

Is there a mod to make the loving Chaos minor factions actually stay loving dead? It's been a while since I played in Lustria but last time, at least, I had a loving mod that would force the Puppets of Chaos to, you know, DIE WHEN I WIPED THEM OUT.

Instead, what's currently happening with the beta patch is that the first Chaos invasion happens, WoC get almost instantly dunked by Kislev, and then I spend the next billion or so turns fighting the same five stacks of Chaos until I get bored. WoC die, and then on the next turn they're back! Puppets die, and then on the next turn they're back! Forever! No way to stop being forced to fight the SAME loving FIGHT OVER AND OVER AND OVER. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES THE MAIN CHAOS FACTION GETS poo poo ON BY NOT-RUSSIA AND NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I KILL THEM THEY JUST INSTANTLY RESPAWN ON THE NEXT TURN.

I just lose any and all will to play the game when it becomes "kill this cookie cutter Chaos army for the billionth time". Is this a bug with the beta patch? I've disabled literally every mod that even goes anywhere NEAR Chaos and they're still immortal and never stop spawning. I just want the pain to end.

The beta patch messed up things triggering correctly after manually fought battles so I imagine that the trigger to stop chaos from spawning after all the stacks have been taken out isn't firing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It's infuriating. They don't ever stop. It's like playing Imrik all over again: same stacks, same fight, every turn, over and over until you just want to shoot yourself in the head.

Blah.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Southpaugh posted:

It came up relatively recently but, is khateps campaign the worst in the game? It's unbelievably tedious.

It's definitely up there. Though I would still rather play it than any chaos.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Nakai's ME campaign is so chill. I spent 50 turns stomping dinos through the northern wastes. Norsca doesn't have many ranged units and I don't either. I'd set my battle line and walk forward. I generally like range-heavy armies but this has been a really fun change. My only ranged attacks are magic. Then I moved south because the VC owned territory all the way up to Ostermark. They're pushed back to Drakenhof now. I'm not sure what to do next. The human factions love me. Grimgor has 40+ cities and Chaos is showing up. Or I could take a road trip to fight some Elves...

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Southpaugh posted:

It came up relatively recently but, is khateps campaign the worst in the game? It's unbelievably tedious.

I havent played TK so i dont know if its my cup of tea but if not for the Wood Elves having an incredibly fun army I'd say wood elves. You just chill in the woods for 120 turns or so then kill some beastmen

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

So which rebellions try to raze the settlement vs occupy? Is it mainly just skaven and chaos rebellions raze? Also why do they randomly disappear?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Southpaugh posted:

It's weird because Khatep is probably one of the strongest guys. That free sand storm spell and his artillery mount are both amazing

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I thought Khatep was an uneventful cakewalk to be honest. Arkan's was the worst in my opinion. His gimmick is undead units, that get no tech or red line support and don't really flesh out the already concise tomb kings army. Then there's his start. Even though his early game slog period is relatively short (if it isn't, you've already lost), 20 turns of fighting nothing but britonia feels like 100.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I thought Khatep was an uneventful cakewalk to be honest. Arkan's was the worst in my opinion. His gimmick is undead units, that get no tech or red line support and don't really flesh out the already concise tomb kings army. Then there's his start. Even though his early game slog period is relatively short (if it isn't, you've already lost), 20 turns of fighting nothing but britonia feels like 100.

Arkhan gets a skill that globally buffs his vampire counts units for all armies, which is just as good as a red line skill

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Southpaugh posted:

In Mortal Empires? Yes

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Chaos and Beastmen are the worst

You just aimlessly raze settlements and watch as other factions repopulate your beautifully destroyed areas of the map

foreverially

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

They can do so much work with Chaos and Beastmen for Total Warhammer 3. It's basically what I'm looking forward to most

That and Ogres

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

just lol if youre not looking towards an army of evil loving hats the most with warhammer 3

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

HerraS posted:

just lol if youre not looking towards an army of evil loving hats the most with warhammer 3

Hats with shotguns. They also have evil shotguns.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder how much of the evil hat army will be composed of greenskins since they keep a lot of those around as slaves.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ethiser posted:

I wonder how much of the evil hat army will be composed of greenskins since they keep a lot of those around as slaves.

I'd say they'll have slave chaff protecting the hats with shotguns for sure.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

The evil hats will have a whole bunch of hobgoblins with or without wolves to get killed in their stead

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Ethiser posted:

I don't think they generally trust any greenskins with weapons aside from their hobgobbo Boyz.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Ghouls are 500% better than the base TK skellingtons, esp. against Bretonnia (pair up one ghoul with one spear to royally muck up any cav they bring). Bats are OK to deal with archers and pursue stuff which TKs have trouble with early on (chariots aren't good pursuers, skelly cav is crap *besides* pursuing). Crypt horrors are pretty ghetto compared to Ushabti admittedly, but they fear stuff and the nice thing is their recruitment building gives stuff beyond 1 (one) unit of Ushabti so you can have a bunch of them in every army, instead of one doomstack full of Ushies and the rest bad skellingtons.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Jarvisi posted:

I don't think they generally trust any greenskins with weapons aside from their hobgobbo Boyz.

The source material varies on this. The last dedicated book let evil hats take most of the Greenskin roster, while the most recent supplement only game them hobgobbos

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Southpaugh posted:

ME or Vortex?

Slider posted:

So which rebellions try to raze the settlement vs occupy? Is it mainly just skaven and chaos rebellions raze? Also why do they randomly disappear?
The rebellion armies only show up to inconvenience you once by razing the settlement, which I guess makes them happy so they disband the army that they hastily threw together and go back to their homes?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

There'd be little point to an evil hat army if it's just mostly greenskins

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Both tbh, pacing of the whole thing feels hosed.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Southpaugh posted:

Both tbh, pacing of the whole thing feels hosed.
ME Khatep is probably the worst campaign you can play in the game. Vortex is merely suboptimal in comparison. It sucks you are surrounded by mountains that have DE Frozen Tundra on the other side and the only other option is going south into Lustria, especially since TK are best with a wide playstyle, but you can make it work. The agent you can get that lets you start a settlement at tier 3 helps a lot.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 2, 2020

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I've been playing through the WE ME campaign and I feel that it's close to being good, but the amber mechanic is just... ugh. I get that the campaign can't be 'sit in your forest doing nothing for 100 turns and win' but having to take over half of the world seems a bit extreme as well. I think there should be some way to 'purchase' amber at a slower rate or something (sort of like TK and additional armies), possibly with some diplomatic penalties or more events that make you have to defend. I'm not exactly sure, but something needs tweaking.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

My only hope is that the evil hats are properly hatty. I require hats that are at least 1.5 chorfs tall. For maximum evil hat.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Gonkish posted:

My only hope is that the evil hats are properly hatty. I require hats that are at least 1.5 chorfs tall. For maximum evil hat.

Yeah hopefully they stick with the old models for inspiration ; the new Forgeworld ones are decidedly hatmasculated.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Jarvisi posted:

Arkhan gets a skill that globally buffs his vampire counts units for all armies, which is just as good as a red line skill

It is better than a red line skill because it frees up a ton of skill points for your other lords. Loading up on buffed ghouls instead of the typical trash skeletons is wonderful.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

I want big rear end evil loving hats, I want evil hats riding the DOOMTRAIN, I want evil hats firing salvos of rockets that are MIRVs filled with homing skulls that yell and are on fire

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

HerraS posted:

I want big rear end evil loving hats, I want evil hats riding the DOOMTRAIN, I want evil hats firing salvos of rockets that are MIRVs filled with homing skulls that yell and are on fire
Do the skulls that yell and are on fire have hats?

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Ethiser posted:

The beta patch messed up things triggering correctly after manually fought battles so I imagine that the trigger to stop chaos from spawning after all the stacks have been taken out isn't firing.

Not sure, but I feel like this is happening in my campaign too. I'm far away as Imrik, so the armies haven't been a huge problem yet, but the chaos corruption is getting annoying. Is there any way to fix it or is that just how this campaign will be forever?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Do the skulls that yell and are on fire have hats?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
as Arkhan I like 2 ghouls and 2 hounds, the hounds can basically completely destroy any routing peasants (combine a rear charge with doom n darkness) or just send them out to eat archers. don't let them fight cav. use your first $5000 and a rite on getting the ark of souls. fun times.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Jarvisi posted:

Certainly not after Gimgor

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I've been playing through the WE ME campaign and I feel that it's close to being good, but the amber mechanic is just... ugh. I get that the campaign can't be 'sit in your forest doing nothing for 100 turns and win' but having to take over half of the world seems a bit extreme as well. I think there should be some way to 'purchase' amber at a slower rate or something (sort of like TK and additional armies), possibly with some diplomatic penalties or more events that make you have to defend. I'm not exactly sure, but something needs tweaking.

You get amber from every settlement your military allies own. Join the order tide and just be a horde with a (very rich) home base, letting them colonize behind you.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I was deleting some old saves the other day and found my Khatep ME game where I conquered the entire map. I don't even remember doing it. I think I was in a bad place.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Amber definitely needs a tune up. My personal belief is that the currency should be re-tuned to be more like Canoptic Jars like you said, with Amber turned into something generated by your settlements on a per turn basis. Wood Elf settlements that can be properly upgraded should give a trickle to get you started, the settlements outside should give more, and captured capitals should give you a lot. That way there's still a requirement for growth, research and the purchasing of units but you still get Amber to spend rather than worrying about going into the red on Amber because you opted to permanently spend one on something and then your military alliance buddy started to eat poo or fight another of your military allies. It'd also make growing yourself up enough to confederate the other Wood Elves take less time and mitigate more of that initial build-up's tedium and stress, particularly that how far you need to roam to get that Amber currently when your home region's public order has a tendency towards tanking any time you stay out for five seconds.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I was deleting some old saves the other day and found my Khatep ME game where I conquered the entire map. I don't even remember doing it. I think I was in a bad place.

I tried doing this once, conquered all the pleasant and unpleasant land on the map, once all that was left was uninhabitable desert/wasteland yeah no thanks. Mayyyyyybe if you didn't have to worry about macro as much the later on the game went it would be doable.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I keep running into this thing where I start sieging a settlement and it won't let me attack manually or auto resolve. I just had two armies sitting on Khemri for like 4 turns and it never gave me an option to do anything. Is this a bug?

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I keep running into this thing where I start sieging a settlement and it won't let me attack manually or auto resolve. I just had two armies sitting on Khemri for like 4 turns and it never gave me an option to do anything. Is this a bug?

Other than not having siege attackers for walls/gates? Hopefully it's just as simple as that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Do I have to have a specific kind of unit to do that? I’ve been running eshin night runner armies for 70 rounds and it wasn’t happening