Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bruceski posted:

I have a memory of Galahad often being depicted as feminine and beautiful but looking now I can't find evidence to back that up. I wonder where I picked up the idea?

Galahad is the gentil parfait knight, absolutely pure and thus the only man permitted to find the Grail. Purity and nobility tended to be represented in chivalric-era art in the form of an almost feminine beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Jedit posted:

Galahad is the gentil parfait knight, absolutely pure and thus the only man permitted to find the Grail. Purity and nobility tended to be represented in chivalric-era art in the form of an almost feminine beauty.

Are Percival and Bors nothing to you?!

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Bieeanshee posted:

I refuse to believe that the artist has ever seen a horse.
They certainly gave up on the back end.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

neaden posted:

Are Percival and Bors nothing to you?!

Anyone who needed to be rescued from a mere twenty ruffians is no true knight. :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bieeanshee posted:

equipping my horse's back hooves with wooden clogs

edit: actually the entire back leg area just looks like a tentacled mess, like for some reason I immediately was reminded of the Department Store Spook from Earthbound

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 3, 2020

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Monster Care Squad is Live, right now!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/monster-care-squad

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure

Bieeanshee posted:

I've had this tab open for months. Its time has arrived.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I don't know about that name.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

theironjef posted:

I don't know about that name.

Totally forgot to include the $10,000 tier for "Change the name:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

new $500 tier option: rename the game to whatever you want

:colbert:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

That joke just cost me $25 I was probably going to spend on the exact same thing anyway.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
That's inflation for you

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

I will accept this explanation.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Sandy Pug, feeding both my TTRPG Kickstarter addiction and my low-fi limited edition vinyl addiction. :stoked:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I'm kinda speechless at how fast Monster Care Squad blew up, but we're 200% funded as of this minute and just unlocked the physical tier. Christ alive y'all this is a wild experice

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Congrats, that's super exciting!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I'm kinda speechless at how fast Monster Care Squad blew up, but we're 200% funded as of this minute and just unlocked the physical tier. Christ alive y'all this is a wild experice

Already updated my pledge - the hardcover of Americana was too beautiful not to.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I'm really looking forward to this go around cause we're finally doing offset printing. We'll have a lot more options to make it super pretty than with PoD

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Upgraded. Gimmie dat booooook

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I can’t figure out how to update my pledge for printed! I see that I can add $60 for the vinyl, but the KS app doesn’t show the actual tiers when changing the pledge, and they don’t seem to be listed in the campaign description proper.

(E: ah, I became smart enough to use the app. All is well.)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

mllaneza posted:

Already updated my pledge - the hardcover of Americana was too beautiful not to.

Same.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Congratulations! I'll have to see how my finances look, but that hardcover sounds real tempting.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I'm really looking forward to this go around cause we're finally doing offset printing. We'll have a lot more options to make it super pretty than with PoD

Backed. Too bad I missed the tiers to add yourself into the game.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Those sold out way faster than anything else I've ever done, 10 or 15 minutes in they were all gone, wild.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Those sold out way faster than anything else I've ever done, 10 or 15 minutes in they were all gone, wild.
I have never seen luxury tiers sell out like that.

Really cool. Good going, man!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Backed a few days ago, but will update to the print version in the morning. Looks wonderful!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I backed as well, it looks very cool.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Jordan Draper just launched a KS for expansions to the two big box games in the Tokyo Series

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jordandraper/tokyo-series-expansions

Osaka Metro is a new map with some new action cards for Tokyo Metro. And Tsukiji Market Expansion is 12 new markets to add to the already-modular base game

Both expansions have TTS modules available for testing. I haven't had a chance to actually play either yet, but after looking over components and rules, they look solid

jivjov fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 7, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Man those wooden tokens are absolutely gorgeous.

I'll def check this out. Thank you for linking.
Do you have any opinions on the base games?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Tokyo Metro is a favorite of mine, your opinions on cloth maps may vary, I usually just weigh down the corners to hold it taut. It's a cheerfully cutthroat little game, with managing liquid funds being really really REALLY important. It also honestly plays well as a solo score challenge-the slightly random deck setup means each game has slightly different actions available at different times.

Tsukiji Market hasn't made it to my table yet, I have to try to get a group of heavy economic game fans together for it, and that's s kinda hard under pandemic conditions...but it seems solid and I've watched a couple of YouTubers play it.

Overall I really love all of Jordan's work, and any campaign of his is an instant-back for me.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

What is this? Who thinks it would a good idea to make "The Children's Illustrated Clausewitz"?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/helios-house/the-childrens-illustrated-clausewitz

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Better than the complete Pop-up works of Antione Jomini.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

golden bubble posted:

What is this? Who thinks it would a good idea to make "The Children's Illustrated Clausewi Seetz"?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/helios-house/the-childrens-illustrated-clausewitz

Considering the other projects the creator backed, it looks like it might just be genuine weird nerd bullshit instead of some terribly misguided reactionary indoctrination scheme. The campaign page could really stand to make that clearer, since they seem to just assume you know what's up with a project for turning centuries old political and military essays into Mother Goose. Like, what the actual gently caress is this supposed to convey to the children, or really any reader?

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
it's a shame that copyright means she can't set them in the redwall universe directly

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Mindclash Games (Anachrony, Trickerion, etc.) have a new episodic board game on KS about surviving on a dinosaur island: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mindclash/perseverance-castaway-chronicles

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

(Not a trad game, but there’s probably some overlap here)

10th anniversary leather bound edition of Sanderson’s The Way Of Kings: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dragonsteel/the-way-of-kings-10th-anniversary-leatherbound-edition

Pretty expensive at $200 for the book, but man is that gorgeous.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

GrandpaPants posted:

Mindclash Games (Anachrony, Trickerion, etc.) have a new episodic board game on KS about surviving on a dinosaur island: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mindclash/perseverance-castaway-chronicles

The pitch on this one is pretty confusing. You have to scroll REAL far to see even the vaguest explanations of mechanics, and I'm not sold on the Chronicle mode gimmick - you get to play a two-game campaign and unlock extra abilities after each game... which given that there's only two episodes, I guess you will get exactly one game (always the second one) with some kind of little bonus? Feels more like they had two similar designs and decided to just bundle them together rather than try and differentiate them and sell them separately.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I mean, clearly the idea is they will make more episodes (probably through crowdfunding) that will slot into Chronicle Mode.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Bruceski posted:

I have a memory of Galahad often being depicted as feminine and beautiful but looking now I can't find evidence to back that up. I wonder where I picked up the idea?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail had him as pretty and surrounded by horny ladies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

That Old Tree posted:

Considering the other projects the creator backed, it looks like it might just be genuine weird nerd bullshit instead of some terribly misguided reactionary indoctrination scheme. The campaign page could really stand to make that clearer, since they seem to just assume you know what's up with a project for turning centuries old political and military essays into Mother Goose. Like, what the actual gently caress is this supposed to convey to the children, or really any reader?

Weird nerd crap, the author's an international relations and security researcher.