Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Dark Souls like Pascal's Wager is out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tipsworks.android.pascalswager.google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMZ_kJYz5oY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jows
May 8, 2002

Also hopping on this Shop Titans train. Just hit 25, seems pretty fun for awhile anyway. My handle is callale82#70078, can I get an invite to one of the goon guilds?

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Jows posted:

Also hopping on this Shop Titans train. Just hit 25, seems pretty fun for awhile anyway. My handle is callale82#70078, can I get an invite to one of the goon guilds?

I need to shuffle around some investments to make sure our town hall doesn't delevel when I remove an inactive player, but I'll probably be able to send you an invite later tonight

edit: invite sent!

staplegun fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 2, 2020

Jows
May 8, 2002

staplegun posted:

I need to shuffle around some investments to make sure our town hall doesn't delevel when I remove an inactive player, but I'll probably be able to send you an invite later tonight

Cool thanks. Do I need to drop my existing to get the invite?

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Jows posted:

Cool thanks. Do I need to drop my existing to get the invite?

nah, it'll drop it as soon as you join

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
SINoALICE is out now, if you haven't been following the thread for it already.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ZombieApostate posted:

SINoALICE is out now, if you haven't been following the thread for it already.

How much money does it expect me to spend?

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011

Dunno, I don't even consider throwing money at gachas. I think in the thread they've said it isn't required if you don't have to top the pvp charts?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

PvP is a hard pass for me.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
To break up gacha chat, anyone who gave up on Pokemon GO a long time ago might want to give it another try. They've been reworking some stuff due to COVID, and now people who don't live near bustling areas can still earn items and Pokemon spawns, and participate in raids and hit stops from further away than normal. You can join some discord friend lists to get gifts to get eggs/items. If you haven't played in a while I'd recommend giving it another shot.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Knightmare posted:

To break up gacha chat, anyone who gave up on Pokemon GO a long time ago might want to give it another try. They've been reworking some stuff due to COVID, and now people who don't live near bustling areas can still earn items and Pokemon spawns, and participate in raids and hit stops from further away than normal. You can join some discord friend lists to get gifts to get eggs/items. If you haven't played in a while I'd recommend giving it another shot.

That was one of the reasons why I gave up on it, was because unless you live in a million person city, it's too much of a pain in the rear end to swipe pokestops and gyms are miles apart. I'm not crazy active so that's way more effort than I'm willing to put in it. I live in a city of 8k over 9 sq miles, lol.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Tagichatn posted:

PvP is a hard pass for me.

I don't think I've ever seen a game's listing mention pvp and thought anything other than 'oh gently caress that'.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm usually cool with it if it's a side thing you don't have to interact with but that's almost never the case and you have to do like 5 battles a day to get a thing or whatever. They gotta have something to make the whales feel important :downs:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I tried SINoAlice for a few missions and they're immediately like "Oh, here's some AI teammates" and they mopped the loving floor with everything for 3 missions and there was nothing left for me to do.. so I uninstalled it.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011

Yeah, I want to like it because Yoko Taro, but the Yoko Taro is very sparse and the actual game is boring mobile fare so far.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

explosivo posted:

I'm usually cool with it if it's a side thing you don't have to interact with but that's almost never the case and you have to do like 5 battles a day to get a thing or whatever. They gotta have something to make the whales feel important :downs:

This is one of the things I'm glad about with Exos Heroes. Once/day you use up 5 tickets (max you can hold as usual) to pick between 5 opponents. That fulfills your daily quest. No super important item to purchase with the currency either, just energy (not that important here) and weekly premium currency. You can keep grinding after that if you want as you get tickets, but the matching is all random then too.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

New Leaf posted:

I tried SINoAlice for a few missions and they're immediately like "Oh, here's some AI teammates" and they mopped the loving floor with everything for 3 missions and there was nothing left for me to do.. so I uninstalled it.

Apparently the AI temmates you get in the game are other player's units and they can jump in and take over to help you. You can populate your friends list with people that you want to play with in real-time. People who like Co-Op mobile games seem to prefer this over waiting in lobbies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Morpheus posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a game's listing mention pvp and thought anything other than 'oh gently caress that'.

I saw "20-minute block once a day picked by guild and part of daily missions" and noped out.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

Bruceski posted:

I saw "20-minute block once a day picked by guild and part of daily missions" and noped out.

On the off-chance you liked the game apart from that, we've just created a guild specifically for people who aren't going to try for the daily PvP grind. You (or anyone else) can drop a reply in the sinoalice for an invite/acceptance.

I'm not sure I'll stick with the game myself but I'm the meantime I'm glad I don't have to deal with a mandatory 20-min time block every single day god drat.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I know daily quest are supposed to make me want to go back to the game every day but they mostly just annoy me or give me anxiety. I gotten to the point where daily quest are becoming a deal breaker. I'm really not made for this F2P hellscape we have found ourselves in.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shwqa posted:

I know daily quest are supposed to make me want to go back to the game every day but they mostly just annoy me or give me anxiety. I gotten to the point where daily quest are becoming a deal breaker. I'm really not made for this F2P hellscape we have found ourselves in.

If I'm honest, I burned out on Gacha after Brave Exvius 2 years ago

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Shwqa posted:

The only reason FFOO has made it through a thousand purges is because for whatever reason I've never felt the need to do the dailies or to keep up with anyone, remarkably chill game I can just not play for a week and not feel like I've shot myself in the foot.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I don't think this has been mentioned but there's a new fresco in hungry cat

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
Shop Titans:

I grabbed an open spot in GoonTitans but it's pretty dead. Can I get an open spot in a more active guild? I'm level 25 and active daily.

Aelle#43476

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I don't think this has been mentioned but there's a new fresco in hungry cat

You mean newer than the savanna one?

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

I bought Sproggiwood about a week ago and it's really fun "turn-based roguelike".

I never really played any roguelike style games and now i feel stupid for not exploring them earlier. Anything else similar i should check out on android? I think i'd prefer turn-based because i'm slow with fat fingers.

I saw "Caves of Qud" by the same people but it looks ancient and the graphics turn me off so i didn't even try to download it.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Shattered pixel dungeon for Android. It's really good.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

UglyAnarchist posted:

I bought Sproggiwood about a week ago and it's really fun "turn-based roguelike".

I never really played any roguelike style games and now i feel stupid for not exploring them earlier. Anything else similar i should check out on android? I think i'd prefer turn-based because i'm slow with fat fingers.

I saw "Caves of Qud" by the same people but it looks ancient and the graphics turn me off so i didn't even try to download it.

Cardinal quest 2 - pretty standard dude enters a dungeon style roguelike. It has some pay to unlock more classes.

Hoplite - Almost more of a puzzle game than a roguelike. Your character has a set of skills and enemies will always attack you if you enter their attack radius. You have to use the enemies own patterns and attack against them.

Rogue adventure - A deck builder roguelike. Started off as a slay the spire clones but over time became it's own game. It does have ads after bosses fights but you can just click the back button and skip them. There are other ads for in run bonuses but they aren't needed at all. There is a pay to turn off ads.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

hooah posted:

You mean newer than the savanna one?

Yeah it has butterflies

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Yeah it has butterflies

Huh. I wonder if I'm going to have to uninstall it and reinstall again...

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

hooah posted:

Huh. I wonder if I'm going to have to uninstall it and reinstall again...

LOL I cleared local data (after reconnecting with my Tuesday Quest account because Google Play still doesn't work) and it lost any frescoes since the Christmas one! Time to try a full reinstall. I don't know what they've done with their code over the last year, but it's gotten pretty lovely.

Edit: nope, still nothing showing up.

hooah fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 4, 2020

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

UglyAnarchist posted:

caves of qud is probably the best modern roguelike but i've never tried it on a phone

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I started the One Punch Man: Road to Hero the other day.
It's just an Idle RPG reskin, nothing special there. Figured I'd drop in and see if anyone had made a guild to join already and if not, I can throw one up.

Team Fourstar has a promotional code on their latest video that gets you 10 free summon tickets once you unlock the gacha.
FUC005G4 if you don't feel like looking for it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

flatluigi posted:

caves of qud is probably the best modern roguelike but i've never tried it on a phone

Is it even out on mobile? I didn't think it was, but goddamn, I'd love to be wrong. I didn't see it on the play store. Goon made, by the way.

Also, here is a review of the game (and here's the thread) , complete with things you can actually do. All of this is true.

"Get killed by ANGRY MUTANT PLANTS. Get killed by ANGRY MUTANT ANIMALS. Get killed by ANGRY MUTANT BUGS. Kill a bear and EAT IT, just EAT AN ENTIRE BEAR. KILL EVERYTHING. Descend into the DEPTHS OF THE WORLD and retrieve ANCIENT TECHNOLOGICAL ARTIFACTS. KNIFE-FIGHT a GIANT DRILL ROBOT and WIN. Be a COOL WASTELAND KNIGHT. Be a TWO-FISTED COWBOY. Be a HOMICIDAL NINJA TURTLE with an AXE and a SHOTGUN. SPONTANEOUSLY BURST INTO FLAMES. Get into a GUNFIGHT with a HYENA-MONSTER and accidentally anger a HERD OF MAJESTIC HULKING DEMON HORSES with your crossfire. Fly into the air like a BEAUTIFUL EAGLE and then SWORD-FIGHT a GIANT DRAGONFLY. MIND CONTROL a TWO-HEADED BOAR and MAKE IT WEAR CHAIN MAIL and KILL YOUR ENEMIES. Encounter a LEGENDARY PLANT with an INTIMIDATING SKULL MASK and the ability to THROW FIERY DEATH FROM ITS HANDS. CONTRACT HORRIFYING DISEASES. Go to THE DEATHLANDS and discover that THE DEATHLANDS are called THE DEATHLANDS because they will KILL YOU DEAD. HACK OFF A ROBOT’S HEAD AND EAT IT. Get into a SLEDGEHAMMER DUEL with a ‘ROIDED-OUT SUPERCANNIBAL. Be SO TECHNOLOGICALLY ILLITERATE that you BREAK A BOX OF CRAYONS attempting to figure out what it is. Be SO TECHNOLOGICALLY GIFTED that you can make an ACID GRENADE out of a PLASTIC TREE and a FOLDING CHAIR. Build your own FLAMETHROWER. Build your own LASER GUN. Build your own HANDHELD NUCLEAR BOMB and BLOW YOURSELF UP WITH IT. Collect MAGMA in a CANTEEN. Pour MAGMA into a pool of ACID to see what happens. DRINK MAGMA. TELEPATHICALLY LOCATE an enemy and HATE IT TO DEATH with your TERRIFYING BRAIN SORCERY. Have your LEGS CUT OFF and then REGROW YOUR LEGS and pick up your previous legs and EAT YOUR OWN LEGS. Encounter your EVIL TWIN and then summon six of your own GOOD TWINS to fight your evil twin’s SIX EVIL TWIN TWINS in a FOURTEEN-WAY PSYCHIC LASER DEATH RAVE and then BURN TO DEATH when all of the combined PYROKINETIC MIND FIRE from all of the TIME CLONES causes the ENTIRE MAP TO COMBUST AND MELT."

Edit: I should mention that since that review was written, there have been a truckload of new and weird things that are now possible, including using a SPRAY on a WALL to make it SENTIENT, and then HAVE A FULL CONVERSATION with your new WALL FRIEND.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I didn't check, but it is the android thread so I assumed that person wasn't suddenly talking about PC

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

flatluigi posted:

I didn't check, but it is the android thread so I assumed that person wasn't suddenly talking about PC

Apparently they were. :negative:

EDIT: Whenever Caves of Qud his mobile, I don't think I'll ever need another game ever. Don't let the look fool you; there is an extremely deep and accessible game there. If you're getting Dwarf Fortress vibes, put those away, because Qud is fairly simple to understand and play. There's just a lot of content.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 5, 2020

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I've had Pathos: Nethack Codex installed on my phone for a while, but haven't really had the time to get really into it. Heard many good things about it, though. It's more like a Nethack-like than an actual port of Nethack. Graphics are rather crude, but the touch controls work pretty well.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

flatluigi posted:

Sorry, i looked up the makers of Sproggiwood and saw they had another game but stopped at the screenshots.

EDIT: Also, thanks for all the recommendations everyone

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Nice thing about getting into roguelike is that a lot of can be run on a computer slightly more advanced than a potatoe. I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a ton of them for the andriod. I know they aren't as profitable as f2p trash but it isn't like roguelikes were ever that profitable on the PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
A lot of the traditional roguelikes were designed with a physical keyboard in mind, which makes them hard to port. One big strength of the genre is a tatically deep combat system with lots of options, and that's hard to do on a touchscreen.