Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sleeveless posted:

The Nissan GTR is truly the Mount Everest of cars.

Come on, they can't all covered in poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

shaving my johnson by cockboxing a running ceiling fan, clinging to the sprinkler system like some kind of Turgid Spiderman

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

amazing

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RandomFerret posted:

Part of the deal gave Renault a 43% voting stake in Nissan. This was a one-way deal, Nissan only has a 15% stake in Renault, and it's non-voting.

Renault is partially owned by the French government, which passed a bill a few years ago granting long-term investors double the voting rights. Nobody in France owns more long-term shares than the government, and this was a backdoor way to let government watchdogs have more oversight over French companies. The inadvertent effect is that the French government now has a 30% stake in Nissan, which is more than enough to control the board of directors.

This is hilarious.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Come on, they can't all covered in poop.

Well not with that attitude.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Quoting this so I can find it when I can spend ten bucks on the forums again.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Nissan is part of Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi Alliance, which is headquartered in the Netherlands.

The Netherlands is the corporate tax haven of Europe, lot's of companies headquartered here do not have specific affinity with the Netherlands.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

So Netherlands is the Delaware of Europe

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Garrand posted:

more like cold florida

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Henchman of Santa posted:

Has anybody seen ads for a testosterone booster called Nugenix? Because that name alone belongs in this thread.

walrusman posted:

It's the only dick-cream endorsed by the Motor City Madman!!

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Nuge isn't the issue here.

walrusman posted:

Oh dear...

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

The final solution to your low testosterone problems!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Garrand posted:

Netherlands is the Ireland of Europe.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's the Germany of Belgium.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Paladinus posted:

It's the Lichtenstein of Luxembourg.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Paladinus posted:

:lol: What kind of made up fantasy word is Belgium? How would you even pronounce that? Now Bel' Gium, that makes more sense.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Solice Kirsk posted:

:lol: What kind of made up fantasy word is Belgium? How would you even pronounce that?

“Sword”.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

:lol: What kind of made up fantasy word is Belgium? How would you even pronounce that? Now Bel' Gium, that makes more sense.

Bell Jum, that's where Brooooooozh is, right?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sound like a race of star trek aliens

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Sound like a race of star trek aliens

I hope they bring some Bell-jahn fee-maylez.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

They just call them Owhua-Pfels there.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well not with that altitude.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Solice Kirsk posted:

:crossarms:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I don't understand these Star Trek jokes even though as a Belgian I should be a pedophile

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Phlegmish posted:

I don't understand these Star Trek jokes even though as a Belgian I should be a pedophile

quote thread

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

:chanpop:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Paladinus posted:

Congratulations on winning the Rory Award for the Most Gratuitous Use of the Word "Belgium" in a Serious Thread

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

Hahaha! Got an actual out loud laugh from me at work. Well done.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
Does anyone have the steamed hams version of that "half A press" Mario 64 thing? I remember someone writing a transcript here.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Abhorrence posted:

Does anyone have the steamed hams version of that "half A press" Mario 64 thing? I remember someone writing a transcript here.

It was me in the meme thread.

DontMockMySmock posted:

[I'm sorry I have no video editing or voice acting skills to make the following script into a reality.]

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Well, Pannenkoek, I made it, despite your directions.

Pannenkoek: Ah, TJ "Henry" Yoshi, if that is your real name. I hope you're ready for an unforgettable Watch for Rolling Rocks.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Eh.

[Pannenkoek enters Hazy Maze Cave and sees that he has to press A]

Pannenkoek: Ye gods, my low-A-press run is ruined! Hmm. . . But what if I were to hold A from a previous level? Ho ho ho ho! Delightfully devilish, Pannenkoek! *begins to press A*

[TJ "Henry" Yoshi enters]

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Ah. . .

[Musical number]
Pannenkoek with his crazy explanations. TJ "Henry" is gonna need his medication, when he hears Pannenkoek's crazy explanations. There'll be trouble in SM64 tonight!
TJ "Henry" Yoshi: PANNENKOEK!!!

Pannenkoek: TJ "Henry" Yoshi! I was just transporting this scuttlebug! Every time it hits you its home resets to a new location! Care to join me?

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Why are you pressing A, Pannenkoek?

Pannenkoek: Oh! That's not an A press! Those are B presses! Mmmm, B presses!

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Eh. [Exits.]

Pannenkoek: Phew. [builds up speed for 9 hours]

[Pannenkoek enters the dining room]

Pannenkoek: TJ "Henry" Yoshi. I hope you're ready for holding down the A button!

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: I thought you said you were going to press the B button.

Pannenkoek: No I said "half A press." That's what I call holding the A button down from a previous level.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: An A press is an A press. You can't say it's only half.

Pannenkoek: Yes I can. An A press has three parts.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Uh huh. What parts?

Pannenkoek: Pressing the button, holding it down, and releasing it.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Really. Well I've speedran any% SM64 and I've never heard anyone use the phrase "half A press."

Pannenkoek: Oh, not in an any% run, no. It's a low-A-press run expression.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: I see.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: You know, you'd still have to press A at some point in order to be holding A during Watch for Rolling Rocks, so that'd count as an A press.

Pannenkoek: Oh ho ho ho, no. You can hold A from a previous A press that you used for a different level. Old Pannenkoek strat.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: For a "half A press."

Pannenkoek: Yes.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: And you call it that despite the fact that you have obviously fully pressed A.

Pannenkoek: Well. . . you know. . . One thing I should-. . . excuse me for one second.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Of course.

[Pannenkoek uses his built up speed to zoom around Hazy Maze Cave]

Pannenkoek: [yawns] Ah, well, got the star. A good time was had by all. I'm pooped.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Yes, I should- Good lord, what is happening in there!?

Pannenkoek: Parallel universes.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Eh!? Parallel universes!? In this game? In this part of the castle? Almost twenty years after SM64's release? Localized entirely within Hazy Maze Cave?

Pannenkoek: Yes.

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: May I see them?

Pannenkoek: That would crash the game.

[TJ "Henry" Yoshi exits]

Pannenkoek's mother: [yelling from upstairs] Pannenkoek! I'm trapped in a parallel universe!

Pannenkoek: [calling up to his mother] No, mother! You just have to be QPU-aligned!

TJ "Henry" Yoshi: Well, Pannenkoek, you are an odd fellow, but I must say. . . you half-press a good A button.

Pannenkoek's mother: Help! Help!

[Pannenkoek smiles and gives a thumbs up]

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Full marks for correctly identifying Chalmers yelling "SKINNER!" as part of the theme song, but I have to make a half point deduction for not incorporating the fire truck.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

DontMockMySmock posted:

It was me in the meme thread.

Excellently done! Thank you.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

You know its well done when you hear it in the original voices.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Bell Jum, that's where Brooooooozh is, right?

You jest but I once had an American person utterly amazed that we don't call what you call "Belgian" waffles "Belgian" in Belgium, because why the gently caress would we, we're already here. Then again I couldn't stop being slightly thrown off by the overabundance of American flags in the US. I mean, surely most people in the US are already quite aware where they live?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

They're security blankets.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Professor Shark posted:

Do you think if Americans angrily exclaim that COVID is OVER enough that it might actually disappear ala latent Ork Psychic powers?

Saalkin posted:

Red ones go faster!

rotinaj posted:

If someone’s lungs have burst from covid, they will indeed die a bloody mess very quickly

Them orks is right

Lodin posted:

America has a president who doesn't even like DACA. That's like the least orky thing ever.
DACA DACA DACA!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kenning posted:

They're security blankets.

Also the US invented freedom and freedom is awesome! :patriot:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Pope Hilarius II posted:

You jest but I once had an American person utterly amazed that we don't call what you call "Belgian" waffles "Belgian" in Belgium, because why the gently caress would we, we're already here.

On the other hand your "American" style pizza is completely unlike any actual pizza I've seen in America so maybe we should just call it even.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Pope Hilarius II posted:

You jest but I once had an American person utterly amazed that we don't call what you call "Belgian" waffles "Belgian" in Belgium, because why the gently caress would we, we're already here. Then again I couldn't stop being slightly thrown off by the overabundance of American flags in the US. I mean, surely most people in the US are already quite aware where they live?

The Americans just call them flags

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

On the other hand your "American" style pizza is completely unlike any actual pizza I've seen in America so maybe we should just call it even.

The one that actually tends to cause confusion for Americans in Belgium is 'americain' (Flanders uses the French word as well), which is basically a sort of raw meat spread (shut up it's delicious). It has nothing to do with the USA and I'm not even sure where that name comes from.

Only the Dutch Wikipedia (and the Polish one for some reason) has an article on it:

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filet_americain

e: it's very similar in concept to the steak tartare dish, which might ring a bell.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Jul 7, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sleeveless posted:

They call it American style because it's poo poo OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Inceltown posted:

They call it American style because it's poo poo OP

American style pizza is like American barbecue, is like Americans - overly broad