Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
What's a better build? LotD, spam Corpsplosion for duration, TP and chill in town for 2 minutes, rinse, repeat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

totalnewbie posted:

I used grenades + clarity wrists (50% damage reduction after using hatred generator) while I was still building.

Holy point shot is massively useful for keeping up hatred. If you don't have it, that's the next thing you need to aim for. With that and elusive ring, you should have tons of mitigation. It actually becomes easier to go up in GR when you're not 1-shotting everything because you can actually proc the hatred return. With impale build, I've found it's all about getting your toughness high enough not to die in those higher GRs.

FWIW I went from grinding GR40s without holy point shot straight up to 90 (about 5min) after I found a holy point shot which enabled me to finally swap out tools I was using for hatred generation for more mitigation/damage.

That explains a lot - I don’t have holy point yet (despite spending like 1500 shards on quivers) and everything explodes but so do I, even with all the mitigation skills up.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I was struggling for a good 2 hours trying to do the Might of the Earth set dungeon. I just could not get the hang of it no matter what video I watched or build I used I just could not for the life of me do it.

Then I switched over to the Immortal King's Call set dungeon. Mastered it 1st shot.

While I am sure I am going to hit a brick wall trying to GR push with Might of the Earth, I've been having fun with it so far.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tubgoat posted:

What's a better build? LotD, spam Corpsplosion for duration, TP and chill in town for 2 minutes, rinse, repeat?
Why tp and chill in town? Just die to reset it faster when your gear isn't good. :getin:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

I was struggling for a good 2 hours trying to do the Might of the Earth set dungeon. I just could not get the hang of it no matter what video I watched or build I used I just could not for the life of me do it.

Then I switched over to the Immortal King's Call set dungeon. Mastered it 1st shot.

Yeah, IK is stupid easy to master. Like, I think the first time most people Master it, it's totally by accident. "Oh, I Mastered it? Uh... OK, sure!"

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
What's the best way to get Swamp Land Waders for general re-rolling on other character purposes? My plan was to roll a quick Witch Doctor (no duh) and just keep gambling blood shards that I earned on my main (a Necro this season), but now I'm reading that they only drop for level 50 characters. Would they not be a blood shard gamble until level 50?

This was much easier when my initial character was a Witch Doctor last season, dagummit!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

What's the best way to get Swamp Land Waders for general re-rolling on other character purposes? My plan was to roll a quick Witch Doctor (no duh) and just keep gambling blood shards that I earned on my main (a Necro this season), but now I'm reading that they only drop for level 50 characters. Would they not be a blood shard gamble until level 50?

This was much easier when my initial character was a Witch Doctor last season, dagummit!

According to the Kadala Data, you need a Level 51 Witch Doctor to get them to drop.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can Kadala give you Ancient or Primal stuff? What about upgrading rares and reforging legendaries?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

According to the Kadala Data, you need a Level 51 Witch Doctor to get them to drop.

Time to either get Gem-of-Easin' or to have my wife tag along in a rift!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Can Kadala give you Ancient or Primal stuff? What about upgrading rares and reforging legendaries?

I believe the answer to both is yes. The only instance where ancients/primal is specifically locked is re-rolling the set pieces to another of the set.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

It should be noted that if you gamble for the pants at level 51, they will be lower ilevel than 70. Reforging a, for instance, level 60 pair of Waders will NOT make them level 70; they stay the same level.

I'm assuming you want to wear them for a LoD setup since the power does you no good cubed in which case your best bet is to get a power level to 70 on a WD and burn shards and/or upgrade rares in the cube until you get a pair and then you can reroll that until it's ancient.

I know people complain about itemization in D3 a lot, but SLW is one of the few instances that really does annoy me as it's a clear best in slot for most LoD setups and only drops for a single class.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Why is it bis? Is it the elemental prefixes it can get that I assume no other pants can.?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

Why is it bis? Is it the elemental prefixes it can get that I assume no other pants can.?

Yep its the only pants that has +elemental damage. And usually there's not really any good legendary pants anyway so it often is the best by default.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They should just give +elemental damage to the craftable legendary pants so that part of making an LoD character every season didn't involve upgrading rares on a level 1 WD.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Make a level 1wd and upgrade rare pants. No leveling required.

Efb

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

After playing Spinnyboi Demon Hunter, WhirlRend Barbarian feels sooooo slow.

IcePhoenix posted:

Upgrading absolutly. I had a Yellow Mighty Belt drop on my DH yesterday, took it to the Cube to upgrade it to a Legendary, and got a Primal Undisputed Champion from it.

I also got a Primal Hunter's Wrath in the very next GR I ran. :rip: my luck for the rest of the Season.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Support Barb is fun

Just need my Boys to get their damage up and we're going to the MOON

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Has anyone ever gotten a set piece they didn't already find four times using the convert set item recipe? I'm starting to think they just put it in there to clear out people's collections of Forgotten Souls. t:mad:t

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tubgoat posted:

Has anyone ever gotten a set piece they didn't already find four times using the convert set item recipe? I'm starting to think they just put it in there to clear out people's collections of Forgotten Souls. t:mad:t

Yup. I've used it to complete sets many times. Heck, I've even managed to convert a dupe into an Ancient version of something I already had equipped, so I'd equip the Ancient version, and convert the one I was wearing.

It does feel like it has a very low chance to become something you're missing, though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Did my GR70 solo at lunch today since I felt I had enough damage to get through it. Died a few times and took like 11 minutes but I got it. Free Primal was.... a Fulminator :rip:

Time to start leveling gems.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kheldarn posted:

After playing Spinnyboi Demon Hunter, WhirlRend Barbarian feels sooooo slow.

Upgrading absolutly. I had a Yellow Mighty Belt drop on my DH yesterday, took it to the Cube to upgrade it to a Legendary, and got a Primal Undisputed Champion from it.

I also got a Primal Hunter's Wrath in the very next GR I ran. :rip: my luck for the rest of the Season.

Good to know, thanks. I've only seen two primals so far, the freebie was the GoD Boots and the second was the immortal templar relic (lame but thank god it wasn't the all skills one so I'll count that blessing at least), and I've been spending all my shards on 1h weapons in a desperate attempt to at least get an ancient crossbow so I can do more damage. I've got plenty of crafting mats from some vault runs so I guess I'll start throwing all the rares she gives me into the cube as well.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 8, 2020

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?

IcePhoenix posted:

Agree completely. My weapons are poo poo (Dawn and Fortress at like 2500 dps each) but I'm still up to GR 90 cleared with like half the timer left.

Yes I had to switch from Vallas to Fortress (luckily I have ancients for both, as well as my Dawn) when we started pushing to GR100 for the survivability. When we went back down to GR90 speed clears I just kept using it. Switching to an Oculus ring in the cube helped balance out the needed higher damage output.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

McLarenF1 posted:

Yes I had to switch from Vallas to Fortress (luckily I have ancients for both, as well as my Dawn) when we started pushing to GR100 for the survivability. When we went back down to GR90 speed clears I just kept using it. Switching to an Oculus ring in the cube helped balance out the needed higher damage output.

I'm gonna try to push to 100 tonight I think just to see if I can actually pull it off with these weapons. I cleared 96 today with just under 5 minutes remaining but lost a lot of time to three or four deaths + having to run back to town to repair because I forgot to do it before I started so if I can clean it up I can probably clear 97 fast enough to skip to 99.

Being able to do that with this gear is pretty disgusting, tbqh.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/IcePhoenix-1374/hero/123064569

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
drat, I started a DH because I wanted to use the new set but only just now realized that the season reward is actually the Shadow set, not the new set.

I definitely have the most fun with massive-AOE damage builds (my favorite classes I've played so far were Whirlrend Barb and WoL monk) so I'm really not looking forward to using Impale once I get the season set.

I guess I'll just deal with it and hope that I can relatively easily farm the new DH set?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

minya posted:

drat, I started a DH because I wanted to use the new set but only just now realized that the season reward is actually the Shadow set, not the new set.

I definitely have the most fun with massive-AOE damage builds (my favorite classes I've played so far were Whirlrend Barb and WoL monk) so I'm really not looking forward to using Impale once I get the season set.

I guess I'll just deal with it and hope that I can relatively easily farm the new DH set?

Yep shadow is really easy to get to farming high difficulties so you'll be showering in loot in no time.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm gonna try to push to 100 tonight I think just to see if I can actually pull it off with these weapons. I cleared 96 today with just under 5 minutes remaining but lost a lot of time to three or four deaths + having to run back to town to repair because I forgot to do it before I started so if I can clean it up I can probably clear 97 fast enough to skip to 99.

Being able to do that with this gear is pretty disgusting, tbqh.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/IcePhoenix-1374/hero/123064569

Was it moved speed you rolled off your boots? I think that would still be better than strafe.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Yep shadow is really easy to get to farming high difficulties so you'll be showering in loot in no time.

Cool, any key pieces of gear I should focus on to get rapid farm speeds with Impale? (besides the season set of course)

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

minya posted:

Cool, any key pieces of gear I should focus on to get rapid farm speeds with Impale? (besides the season set of course)

Karlei's point dagger asap from upgrading rare daggers in cube, there's only 2 options so that's easy.
Holy point shot quiver is another big boost, I suggest spending all blood shards into gambling quivers.

Those two plus the set gets you to t13+ comfortably.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bamhand posted:

Was it moved speed you rolled off your boots? I think that would still be better than strafe.

Regen. I could roll for move speed but I've gotten decent and just firing off an arrow or two to keep my move speed up higher than I need it to be so I'm happy with the armor.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Regen. I could roll for move speed but I've gotten decent and just firing off an arrow or two to keep my move speed up higher than I need it to be so I'm happy with the armor.

I meant just about anything would have been better than keeping the Strafe damage. Move Speed was the only thing that was technically "worse" if you're too lazy to adjust paragon move speed when you swap gear.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bamhand posted:

I meant just about anything would have been better than keeping the Strafe damage. Move Speed was the only thing that was technically "worse" if you're too lazy to adjust paragon move speed when you swap gear.

I'm always strafing so I'll take the chip damage over the regen (worthless) or move speed (pointless) I guess :shrug:

Really though like you said, they're all bad so it really doesn't matter.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm always strafing so I'll take the chip damage over the regen (worthless) or move speed (pointless) I guess :shrug:

Really though like you said, they're all bad so it really doesn't matter.

Rolling strafe off, keeping movespeed on and off setting the paragon from ms to dex would give you astronomically more chip damage than what the affix would while also giving you an actual defense boost at the same time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dameius posted:

Rolling strafe off, keeping movespeed on and off setting the paragon from ms to dex would give you astronomically more chip damage than what the affix would while also giving you an actual defense boost at the same time.

But then my movespeed paragon points won't be capped and that's even worse

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Talking optimal stuff while defending suboptimal things is a strategy I guess. :shrug:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

IcePhoenix posted:

But then my movespeed paragon points won't be capped and that's even worse

In this specific situation you would reduce your movespeed from Paragon and add it into Dex while wearing the boots.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dameius posted:

Talking optimal stuff while defending suboptimal things is a strategy I guess. :shrug:

Please show me where I was talking about optimal stuff. I was complaining about my weapons being trash because they aren't even ancient and laughing that even with that I'm still probably gonna be able to push past GR 100.

exquisite tea posted:

In this specific situation you would reduce your movespeed from Paragon and add it into Dex while wearing the boots.

Yes but in that specific situation my movespeed paragon points won't be at 50/50 anymore and that's unacceptable.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This fukkin game. I did a T10 NRift in 1:17 and didn't get the Conquest.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kheldarn posted:

This fukkin game. I did a T10 NRift in 1:17 and didn't get the Conquest.

Did you stop the timer when you killed the boss or when you talked to ormus to complete it? When I got that one I noticed that I didn't pop the achievement until after I talked to him.

Then I spent the next 30 seconds frantically picking up as much loot as I could :haw:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Did you stop the timer when you killed the boss or when you talked to ormus to complete it? When I got that one I noticed that I didn't pop the achievement until after I talked to him.

Then I spent the next 30 seconds frantically picking up as much loot as I could :haw:

poo poo. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
Is there an optimal strategy to choosing which property to reroll on a piece of gear that doesn't have the ideal properties? I spent upto Paragon 600 rerolling the worst property to get something more useful for my build. My friend playing the same build, GoF DH, and was rerolling to get the most desirable stat for that item, and ended up at double my damage despite being 50 Paragon level lower. He was a glass cannon, but the difference seemed huge to me. Now at P750 I'm only about 20% behind in damage, and way tankier. I'm happy with my build, but just wondering if there is a good rule of thumb for choosing what properties to reroll.