Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That is legit one of the best movies ever made and that book is (genre influences aside) one of the dumbest, most transparently political turds ever published. Verhoven is a genius for taking that source material, spinning it completely on its head, and making that awesome satire.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

No. gently caress you.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Cocaine Bear posted:

That is legit one of the best movies ever made and that book is (genre influences aside) one of the dumbest, most transparently political turds ever published. Verhoven is a genius for taking that source material, spinning it completely on its head, and making that awesome satire.

Empty quote

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Biplane posted:

Empty quote

Absolutely and it makes the fash self-identify.

Like I said Verhoeven is so under-rated.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Yes, gently caress book chat! This is now cinema discusso :D

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Empty quote

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

can we do star wars chat next

maybe invite plinkey in to post cheezers

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

alright fellas let's move bookchat here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844165

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

The big farmer kid that gets his head blown off during boot camp would've absolutely been interviewed in the New Rio De Jinero Times's scathing expose on Citizen Voters Still Supporting Controversial Fleet Admiral

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

*edit

Gonna move this to bookchat

Renaissance Spam has issued a correction as of 23:01 on Jul 10, 2020

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Holy poo poo poo poo the gently caress up about your stupid nerd books.

no need to go super saiyan over it

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/addysbaird/status/1280951655815659520
https://twitter.com/addysbaird/status/1281362485837266944
well i'm sure this is the last we'll hear of this

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

a rogue texas high school refuses to shut down football or wear masks or football helmets, which are just big heavy masks for pussies. they boast that this makes them the 2020 state champions by default. outraged, every other texas high school immediately joins the new no-mask/no-helmet league to challenge them.

I suppose that's one way to make rugby popular in the US.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/ToddThaGod/status/1281623716435316736

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
beautiful

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, this adds a lot to the other Twitter post about this guy. None of it should be a surprise, but still.

Lol.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
DYing on the Fourth of July is some :kiss:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

SubnormalityStairs posted:

DYing on the Fourth of July is some :kiss:

lol it's a sequel to Born on the Fourth of July where the main character never learns and just dies at the end. We need Oliver Stone to direct this one.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
this dude right here is what i've been talking about. this dude is clearly "Bad At Politics". he just does not possess the skills needed to be good at politics. there is no shame in that, it's like being bad at anything else: baseball, football, being a goose, naming four things, knowing when to end the bit. but, BUT: instead of accepting that he's bad at politics and walking away, he INSISTS on being involved. a man's got to accept his limitations.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
add it to the pile

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Dustcat posted:

here's what i wish was posted more of in this thread

Thoughts and prayers.

And all that usual stuff.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

I sent this to a group chat I'm in, and they didn't believe it was real, so I had to spend a bit of time looking through the guy's Facebook timeline. He posted A LOT. But a lot of it was GOOD. He had tons of anti-racism posts, apparently in support of the BLM protests.

So I don't think this guy was an irredeemable monster. Just a guy who's government failed him spectacularly

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean there is an anti BLM post on that slideshow so I’m skeptical

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
He may have been a dumbass, he may have ignored warnings and infected a bunch of people around him and made their lives immeasurably worse through his irresponsibility, but he had good posts on Facebook, and you can put that on his tombstone

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Heath posted:

He may have been a dumbass, he may have ignored warnings and infected a bunch of people around him and made their lives immeasurably worse through his irresponsibility, but he had good posts on Facebook, and you can put that on his tombstone

I'm definitely not going to die on a hill defending this guy. My only point is that reading through his timeline, he didn't come across to me as some evil being. People will look to government to get their cues, even if they don't believe that for themselves. He was allowed to go to the huge gathering where he probably got infected, and his president is telling him that wearing masks is for cowards.

Here is one example of his decent posts: https://imgur.com/a/CyrAGex (my screenshot, can't post images here)

Bucswabe has issued a correction as of 04:04 on Jul 11, 2020

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Died on the 4th of July, like a True Patriot! :911: :patriot: TRUMP!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Bucswabe posted:

I'm definitely not going to die on a hill defending this guy. My only point is that reading through his timeline, he didn't come across to me as some evil being. People will look to government to get their cues, even if they don't believe that for themselves. He was allowed to go to the huge gathering where he probably got infected, and his president is telling him that wearing masks is for cowards.

Here is one example of his decent posts: https://imgur.com/a/CyrAGex (my screenshot, can't post images here)

people in that thread seem to think he was gay himself. so it would seem like a typical act of self-preservation for a minority chud.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Hmm firing someone explicitly for discussing pay and working conditions

She could prob get make a dece case to the NLRB

but lol if they award her reinstatement, "congrats you win your case you may now go back to unsafe working conditions!"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mr Interweb posted:

people in that thread seem to think he was gay himself. so it would seem like a typical act of self-preservation for a minority chud.

I wouldn’t take people writing dumb fan fic on twitter seriously

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShadowHawk posted:

Hmm firing someone explicitly for discussing pay and working conditions

She could prob get make a dece case to the NLRB

but lol if they award her reinstatement, "congrats you win your case you may now go back to unsafe working conditions!"

Americans are brain-poisoned so she won't even consider that she has a right to her job

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

Slamhound posted:

Great, all I wanted was to watch Trump voters die and now I have to read the loving Foundation Trilogy.

You people suck.

trilogy? buddy, if you want the whole story you gotta read every book that nerd ever wrote

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Jim Long-un posted:

trilogy? buddy, if you want the whole story you gotta read every book that nerd ever wrote

which is like 100 something iirc

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Bucswabe posted:

I sent this to a group chat I'm in, and they didn't believe it was real, so I had to spend a bit of time looking through the guy's Facebook timeline. He posted A LOT. But a lot of it was GOOD. He had tons of anti-racism posts, apparently in support of the BLM protests.

So I don't think this guy was an irredeemable monster. Just a guy who's government failed him spectacularly

i went through his posts earlier this morning it consited mainly of

1. "funny videos"
2. videos about sex and how "wimmen are like this"
3. post about his divorce 9 years ago.
4. post about kicking the cigarette habit 3 years ago
5. some pro-LGBTQ posts... then posts where he says he's "gay" with one of his friends.. honestly not sure if they're serious but it seemed more like one of those "jokes" where you and your friend are gay bffs.
6. anti-BLM posts
7. the one live video where he its titled, "i'm dead" and just shows him going through near a cemetery
8. the stupid anti-mask, corona virus is a scam posts

so gently caress him and the stupid golf-cart he came on.

not irredeemable but also not worth the effort since he doesn't seem very open to being educated.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

relevant to topic post:

quote:

St. Johns County Commissioner Paul Waldron caught the coronavirus and went into septic shock after voting against a motion to mandate masks for county employees last week.
His daughter posted on Facebook on July 9 that Waldron “went into septic shock and has many organs struggling.”
“He is currently in the most critical of conditions,” she wrote. “I ask you not to doubt the power of prayer.”

From a June 30th local report:

St. Johns Board of County Commissioners took up the issue of whether masks should be mandated countywide amid the COVID-19 pandemic in a special meeting on Tuesday.

After listening to hours of public comment in which stakeholders phoned into a virtual meeting to make their voices heard, commissioners considered two motions related to mandating masks. Both measures failed to pass.

The motion was seconded and voted on. It failed by a count of 3-2. Commissioners Smith, James Johns, Paul Waldron voted against the motion. Dean and Blocker voted in favor of it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Strong Sauce posted:

so gently caress him and the stupid golf-cart he came on.

not irredeemable but also not worth the effort since he doesn't seem very open to being educated.

I mean, he's also dead, isn't he? So pretty irredeemable, on account of being dead, and not very open to being educated, because he died.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

no need to go super saiyan over it

I've been continuously screaming one long "yaaaaaaaaaaa" for hours now but I don't think anything is happening.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

quote:

“He is currently in the most critical of conditions,” she wrote. “I ask you not to doubt the power of prayer.”
lol ok I'll pray for poetic justice I guess

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Strong Sauce posted:

i went through his posts earlier this morning it consited mainly of

7. the one live video where he its titled, "i'm dead" and just shows him going through near a cemetery

it's kind of a weird premise but you gotta admire his dedication to the bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
What is it with this slob for some reason eliciting sympathy from the left? I’ve seen it all over twitter with some variation of “he was failed by his surroundings” or “it’s a shame he wasn’t educated.” That’s not how education works. if you educate a bigot you get an educated bigot. How many people did he infect because he is (or was lol!) a willfully belligerent fuckhead?

These motherfuckers are going to be slaughtering school children be the tens of thousands in a month.

It’s just weird to me how this mawkish sentimentality coagulated around a chud who is (or was lol!) indistinguishable from any other chud.