Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Schadenboner posted:

I just wish they'd do a Space Hulk re-release (although only having Smol Terms in the box is probably a hard-stop these days? :sigh:).

E: Not that using terminators on space hulks ever made a whole lot of sense, mind you?

At this point I am 99% sure that the reason why they've said nothing about Primaris Terminators is that they're going to coordinate their release with the next re-re-re-release of Space Hulk.

In other news, boy, that sold out fast, didn't it? Good thing my local FLGS has preorders for a whole cent less than MSRP. I guess in two weeks I get to find out whether I get a copy or a "Sorry, GW short-shipped us, have a refund!" email.

(Or maybe even store credit. That'd be just the best.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Maneck posted:

I have a copy in my cart, when to check out, was told that I had insufficient vouchers to pay for it (I have more than enough), and now it wont' let me check out.

Also, I'm not sure if the French version was sold out instantly, or if they literally didn't make any copies available in Canada.

I was looking at it at 10:20 and it seemed to be fine in Canada but I changed my mind because maybe dropping $230 on a box of minis when I only started looking getting into it a few days ago is jumping in too fast. Probably.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Desfore posted:

All of this made me look through my order history, has anyone gotten that limited time Sister of Battle they sold back in April yet? Sister Tariana Palos?

No, not yet.
But the Sslyth I ordered a week or two after that finally got back in stock this week so I'm hopefully I get it from my FLGS when they open on thursday. :woop:

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Eej posted:

I was looking at it at 10:20 and it seemed to be fine in Canada but I changed my mind because maybe dropping $230 on a box of minis when I only started looking getting into it a few days ago is jumping in too fast. Probably.

I'm in Canada and it sold out in the time between adding it to my cart and going to check out.

Unless the "Sold out" message is actually an error because the site can't take it, I guess.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Stephenls posted:

At this point I am 99% sure that the reason why they've said nothing about Primaris Terminators is that they're going to coordinate their release with the next re-re-re-release of Space Hulk.

In other news, boy, that sold out fast, didn't it? Good thing my local FLGS has preorders for a whole cent less than MSRP. I guess in two weeks I get to find out whether I get a copy or a "Sorry, GW short-shipped us, have a refund!" email.

(Or maybe even store credit. That'd be just the best.)

Thought x-box hueg chonkybois in thicc* armor was a good idea for boarding and combat in small, confined corridors? just wait until you see what Cawl cooked up NOW!

:cripes:

*: But not thicc enough, obvs!

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

I kept refreshing my cart with the sold out Box Set in it, and it went in stock again. I managed to get through PayPal and score a copy. Definitely go check your carts and refresh them for a while!

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER
Reserved my preorder on Monday. GW confirmed quantity with my retailer, then made a "you'll get only 45 and like it" last minute decision. Retailer is forced to cancel my preorder.
Start checking GW's website early. Saw the preorder, but before I can add it to cart, I get a "site down for maintenance" banner. By the time it comes back up, the box set is out of stock. I had a relative on the phone hitting F5 as well, and he managed to get the copy. I guess if you preordered from a retailer that trusted GW, or didn't have a team of people helping place an order for you, you weren't trying hard enough and it's your fault, not GW's.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Kitchner posted:

No, you're being very aggressive because I had the temerity to say "I felt bad" that they missed out due to being literally 45 minutes late to an item everyone was promised they could get a copy of went on sale. Your only defence seems to be it's his fault for believing GW when they made that promise, but no criticism from you of GW for making that promise.

Also Firestormcards, a website I'm not really familiar with to be fair, at one point claimed they had 250 copies to sell on their website. Since the information out there seems to have limited retailers to about 45 copies I find it unlikely that the information was accurate.

Just take a step back and realise if your a company that promises everyone who wants a product will be able to buy one and you sell out in under 45 minutes then the company has hosed up.

Also, you're confusion complaining with feeling bad for someone. Maybe emotions are difficult for you to process or something, but since I literally said you can't blame GW for a product being more popular than they expected, it shouldn't have been hard for you figure this out.

I'm being 'aggressive' because you were werreting over nothing and that is tedious. You made wrong assumptions about stock availability at GW and blamed them for a betrayal, just as you have made wrong assumptions about stock availability at Firestom. Either of which could have been corrected with a modicum of common sense or effort. If you had asked anyone in this thread they would have said it'll sell out. Multiple retailers in the UK had allocations of 300+ copies.

You talking about dick sucking or making allusions to autism as snide pejoratives doesn't make you any more correct by the way.

Desfore posted:

All of this made me look through my order history, has anyone gotten that limited time Sister of Battle they sold back in April yet? Sister Tariana Palos?

They haven't sent them yet. They were sold as made to order with a delayed shipping date during lockdown.

Sounds like release in NA is a bit of a shitshow. Hopefully if you miss out you can get it from the second production run, assuming that also happens in America. Meantime, check your local indies and hunt google for places with stock, I don't know how it goes over there but as already shown earlier in the UK, you are usually able to get a copy elsewhere for a few hours.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Desfore posted:

Nope, still waiting on mine to ship.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

My Indomitus pre-order that I placed this morning on GW's site has disappeared from my order history, despite them having taken my money and sent me a confirmation email. The other order I placed shortly after for Chapter Approved and other stuff is still on my order history.

Hopefully Customer Service is helpful.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Gunder posted:

My Indomitus pre-order that I placed this morning on GW's site has disappeared from my order history, despite them having taken my money and sent me a confirmation email. The other order I placed shortly after for Chapter Approved and other stuff is still on my order history.

Hopefully Customer Service is helpful.

My guess is worst case they've hosed something up and will offer you a box from the August print run, but you should be fine as I've never heard of the GW site itself, poo poo as it is, overselling stock.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

My guess is worst case they've hosed something up and will offer you a box from the August print run, but you should be fine as I've never heard of the GW site itself, poo poo as it is, overselling stock.

They totally did to retailers, capped them at 45 when they ordered 200.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
You are talking about allocations by the sales team. He has exchanged money with the shop and entered a contract for goods. They are in no way the same thing.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

You are talking about allocations by the sales team. He has exchanged money with the shop and entered a contract for goods. They are in no way the same thing.

Believe it or not, he didn't enter into a contract for goods. Check out the GW T&C:

quote:

3.1 Once you have placed an order you will receive an email from us acknowledging receipt of your order. Please note that this does not mean your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to buy Products from us. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that the Products have been despatched (Despatch Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will be formed at the earlier of (i) the point when we send you the Despatch Confirmation,or (ii) the point when we despatch the Products to you.

If you want to argue semantics, I can see if I can locate the GW trade agreement and compare the language. In a world where net 30 is a concept, I don't know offhand how much of a difference there is between paying for an unaccepted order vs taking on an obligation to pay for an unaccepted order, but I wouldn't base an argument on it.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

If you’re in Scandinavia/Europe and desperate, this store still has a few boxes it seems:

https://www.fanatic.dk/vare/warhammer-40000-indomitus-9th-edition-special-limited-edition-box/

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
So I kinda want to dip my toes into warhams and I was thinking BAs done up as local sad boys the Lamenters (or just play it as straight successor) would be cool. My local GW store is still taking pre-orders for Indomitus. How dumb would it be to just preorder now and then figure out if I want to pick up or just return in a couple weeks? Or even just grab it and then if I decide I don't have the time or will to assemble and paint just sell the box? There's a lot of choppy Marines in that box...

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Eej posted:

So I kinda want to dip my toes into warhams and I was thinking BAs done up as local sad boys the Lamenters (or just play it as straight successor) would be cool. My local GW store is still taking pre-orders for Indomitus. How dumb would it be to just preorder now and then figure out if I want to pick up or just return in a couple weeks? Or even just grab it and then if I decide I don't have the time or will to assemble and paint just sell the box? There's a lot of choppy Marines in that box...

That was kinda my plan. I could use both the Marines & Necrons for my armies, but I'm gonna hold onto the box until they announce what the 'actual' starter set for 9th is gonna be, then decide to flip, open it.. or realistically, horde it in a closet with all the other boxes.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Haha they took down the "Available for preorder now" article from Warhammer Community front page.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008

Eej posted:

Lamenters

:hfive: Good pick

If the money is not an issue, I think try to secure a box if you are at any way interested in it since it seems supplies might be scarce in the short term. Hopefully though you'd be able to pick it up in your own time if you are not to particular about those models.

Here are a few of my sad lads from a store event last year, and a Feirros techmarine from more recently.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

If it's Blood Angels you're interested in this is also an option.

https://www.board-game.co.uk/product/blood-angels-crimson-spear-strike-force/

Not available Direct but still available in a load of third party places and it's got more of the BA special toys.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Oh actually the GW Store just has a hold list for release weekend so zero committment, put my name down for it.

I love the dumb Lamenter fluff although I'm not a big fan of primary yellow colour scheme but drat your sad lads look really slick.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Airbrush chat a few pages ago was super helpful, but I had one quick question: how often do the Badger brushes go on sale and how cheap do they get? I don't want to spend money I don't need to spend but I also don't want to wait like 6 months to save $10 or something.

Get the Patriot 105 on Amazon as soon as possible. Not worth the wait to buy during the annual sale, when shipping times then are measured in months

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kitchner posted:

So what you're saying is, that my friend who joined the hobby about 6 months ago, is at fault because he believed GW when they very clearly and explicitly said there was enough for everyone to get them?

Lol OK.

Yeah seriously if they're going to say that they printed enough they probably should have printed enough

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Contingency posted:

Believe it or not, he didn't enter into a contract for goods. Check out the GW T&C:

If you want to argue semantics, I can see if I can locate the GW trade agreement and compare the language. In a world where net 30 is a concept, I don't know offhand how much of a difference there is between paying for an unaccepted order vs taking on an obligation to pay for an unaccepted order, but I wouldn't base an argument on it.

I concede your point about contracts, I was mistaken. My original point still stands though. There is a difference between the wholesale arm of GW having to amend stock allocations to retailers (including GW as a retailer) before the release date, which is not a rare occurrence, and GW the retailer accepting orders on the website that they cannot fulfil. I'm not saying it's impossible they sold goods for which they didn't have stock, I'm saying that the former is not rare, and the latter is not something I can remember having happened before.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looking into the 9th rulebook special edition, and what past special editions offered, and this is quite possibly the worst content to price ratio Games Workshop has ever offered. Not canceling my pre-order, I really want this book, and special editions by their very nature are always a rip off and everyone should know that go into wanting these things. I just wanted something very unique and rare that is related to a hobby I really love.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Last edition's special rulebook came with a load of cool stuff didn't it? I hadn't realised they weren't doing that this time.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah seriously if they're going to say that they printed enough they probably should have printed enough

I can't imagine what might have interfered in that plan. Then again, I also don't remember them making that promise.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last edition's special rulebook came with a load of cool stuff didn't it? I hadn't realised they weren't doing that this time.

Yep! https://www.alphaomegahobby.com/products/warhammer-40k-limited-edition-rulebook

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Yeah, I looked at the webstore description, and the main selling point just seemed to be the slip case & fancy cover? Granted, it looks really nice, but for more than 3x the regular price I kinda expected some extra gubbins like, a fold out map or more art.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Desfore posted:

Yeah, I looked at the webstore description, and the main selling point just seemed to be the slip case & fancy cover? Granted, it looks really nice, but for more than 3x the regular price I kinda expected some extra gubbins like, a fold out map or more art.

It does have a fold-out map, I've seen at least one picture of that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Desfore posted:

I think it is suppose to have a foldout map, but is that also in the regular edition?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Deptfordx posted:

If it's Blood Angels you're interested in this is also an option.

https://www.board-game.co.uk/product/blood-angels-crimson-spear-strike-force/

Not available Direct but still available in a load of third party places and it's got more of the BA special toys.
Worth buying a couple of these for putting together a BA army, or would you end up with a bunch of unused units?

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Ah, it does. "A gatefold also includes an ornate depiction of the planets and the Sol System, as well as a map of the entire galaxy" I'll admit I kinda glossed over what 'gatefold' could've actually meant until now.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Gatefold
/ˈɡeɪtfəʊld/
noun
a big page or small poster which tears.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
The pagethrough of the Indomitus version of the corebook I saw on YouTube before I got bored and clicked away also showed a gatefold galaxy map. I... guess it might not be there in the unlimited, not-in-Indomitus-and-not-with-special-cover edition?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

jesus WEP posted:

Worth buying a couple of these for putting together a BA army, or would you end up with a bunch of unused units?

Nah they'd match up quite well, 10 Death Company, 10 Sanguinary, 2 Baal's, 20 intercessors, having 2 captains and 2 chaplains isn't the greatest but you'd get mileage out of everything

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Finished this spideyboi, got three Necron halves of indomitus coming, in theory.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
love the dude being squashed, always looks nifty when necrons have a flashy colour scheme

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Do you think they will release the 8e rule book at a discount? I want to read the fluff.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Preem Palver posted:

You keep saying this, but where did GW say it? Literally every preview article on WarCom says that it's a limited box and that you should try to buy a copy as early as possible because stocks are limited. They probably weren't anticipating it selling out so quickly, but as far as I can tell at no point have they "promised" that every single person who wants one will be able to get it.

They said literally those words on several of the streams, but the language has been the same in basically every article about the box:

You simply do not want to miss out on this amazing set, so it’s important to mention that, as it’s a special launch box to celebrate the new edition, it won’t be around forever. We’ve made (literal) boatloads, but if you want to make sure you’re among the first to hear when it becomes available to order, and ensure you’re in early doors to grab one for yourself, sign up to our newsletter and keep your eyes on the Warhammer Community website.

Indomitus is limited, but, in expectation of high demand, we’ve made absolutely loads of boxes. As an additional measure to ensure that every faithful fan gets their copy, we’ve limited orders to 6 sets. So, if you want to have over 5,000 points of new Necrons on launch day, we’ve got your back, while also giving you a better chance at securing your set.

Indomitus looks like it’s going to be a popular boxed set – and it’s no surprise with all those gorgeous models. We’ve made a lot of it (like, really, a lot) because we know that there are absolutely loads of you out there eager to get your hands on it and conquer the galaxy. We want to make sure that as many of you who want a copy as possible can get one, so we’ll be setting a limit of 3 Indomitus boxed sets per order on games-workshop.com. We told you a while back that this limit would be six copies, but on reflection, we think that three will help ensure that even more hobbyists end up happy.

I mean I'm not really willing to go back and re-watch the live streams to go to the point where someone is saying "We have loads, they are limited but everyone who wants one can get one" several times, so if that's what you needed then sorry, feel free to just believe I'm lying or misheard them or whatever.

I'm being 'aggressive' because you were werreting over nothing and that is tedious. You made wrong assumptions about stock availability at GW and blamed them for a betrayal, just as you have made wrong assumptions about stock availability at Firestom. Either of which could have been corrected with a modicum of common sense or effort. If you had asked anyone in this thread they would have said it'll sell out. Multiple retailers in the UK had allocations of 300+ copies.

You talking about dick sucking or making allusions to autism as snide pejoratives doesn't make you any more correct by the way.

No, what makes me correct is that you flipped out and started being rude to everyone because I said I felt bad for someone I know, because they overslept and the box set that we were assured everyone could get if they wanted it sold out in 15 minutes, making him half an hour too late to buy it. I didn't need to ask people in this thread or anything, because I'm not the one buying it. I felt bad for someone new to the hobby trusting what they were told about availability of this set, and not making a greater effort to be there at 10am mashing refresh because of that.

So far you've told me that: 1) The new guy to the hobby is at fault for believing GW, a mistake you didn't make because you've seen their promises before with limited edition, 2) GW is going to be re-printing the box this in August, and when people asked you to provide your source for this, you went silent, and 3) Now you're claiming that plenty of retailers in the UK had 300 copies of the box set, despite the fact multiple sources online say they were limited to 45. Again, no indication that there's any evidence of this other than a website I've never heard of claiming they had 250 copies.

Maybe you're right, and they will re-print the box set and retailers did get that many. Maybe Firestorm did have 250 copies despite the fact everyone else was told no (I know my local independent didn't have 200 copies). For all I know your dad works at Gamesworkshop. However, if you don't want to be accused of sucking GW's dick or being unable to empathise with anyone, then maybe stop doing those things.

GW hosed up because they made promises that they couldn't keep. If we are charitable, they couldn't have possibly predicted how crazy popular the box set was (and that's VERY charitable) but now having made the promises they did, they should do something to try and meet those promises (e.g. printing more boxes). Having a melt down because one person posts "I feel bad for my friend" and trying to deflect any blame from GW is all you've done.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

notaspy posted:

Do you think they will release the 8e rule book at a discount? I want to read the fluff.

Nah, but after the 9th edition is released the value of the rulebook will drop massively so you can pick them up dirt cheap on ebay.