Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You must be old to have a ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the only thing that can stop the federal reserve is a lower receiver

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Was not disappointed at the outcome.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
nothing brightens my mood like getting the goat in an unexpected place. refreshing

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
before you die, you see the ring

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

ok based on this threads advice i have liquidated my 401k and bank account to moved into apocalypse assets. i made sure that my ammo and guns are incompatable so that i dont have too many of the same asset class and can balance them as prices get out of sync.

which is a better replacement for bonds: gold or buckets of dehydrated potatoes? i think the potato market will be more liquid and will have a better fixed income potential

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

ok based on this threads advice i have liquidated my 401k and bank account to moved into apocalypse assets. i made sure that my ammo and guns are incompatable so that i dont have too many of the same asset class and can balance them as prices get out of sync.

which is a better replacement for bonds: gold or buckets of dehydrated potatoes? i think the potato market will be more liquid and will have a better fixed income potential

Put it all into Hertz stock over robin hood.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Have you considered Nagant Revolver options? They have history !

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

gold, you can eat it safely and then eat it agian later when you pass it

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Giga Gaia posted:

finally this thread got good. ty poniard

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

If I was trying to survive in the apocalypse I would simply be the leader everyone flocks to

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What does gay stuff with a gun entail.

sounds rad to me.

ask cumshitters cousin, gunshitter

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cumshitter posted:

deffo took a bath because it sounds like he has no understanding of realized and unrealized gains

i gave advice to a couple once who were arguing because they waited a day and their bitcoins changed like $1,500 in value because they didnt sell. even if you sell at the peak its unlikely youre going to get that price for all of your bitcoins. the reason those exchanges post such crazy prices is because they allow you to sell fractions of a bitcoin, and that price is then adjusted to assume its a whole bitcoin

so yeah maybe you have recent trades and standing buy orders for 0.001 bitcoins at $1.50 but that doesnt mean anyone is actually going to pay $15,000 for a whole bitcoin. once you start getting into higher prices like that in a thinly traded thing like bitcoin (where the exchanges use bots to prop it up) youre going to burn through the upper end of the standing buy orders pretty quickly. especially when theyre fractional and an entire community of bagholders has a vested interest in keeping the posted price high to attract new buyers

such as the saga of the bearwhale when the bitcoin community bravely came together to buy bitcoins from a guy who was liquidating like a million dollars worth or something, and they threw money at him to fullfill his standing sell orders until he was defeated

lol yeah all the people i know who were telling me i had no clue what i was talking about suddenly never brought it up again after 2018 :thunk:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

taqueso posted:

If I was trying to survive in the apocalypse I would simply be the leader everyone flocks to

yeah well i cant buy charisma but i can buy gold and then sell futures on my gold shits to ensure a stable income incase of bad gold poo poo harvests

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

this was the logical conclusion between my last post and now

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1282124674042920961

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 63 days!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Imagine being the dipshit fed posting on a Saturday night in the numbers thread about whatever the gently caress lol. What grade are you fed?

GS-2.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the smart move is to invest in unopened field rations from the boer war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZoHuMwZwTk

spoiler alert: he does eat the 120 year old beef

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

cumshitter posted:

im not old you piece of poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!

see now you made grandpa mad, why did you do this

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
hello goatman my old friend

Heavy Sleeper
May 30, 2020
yo i cant sleep and come to this thread in hopes boring tesla money talk will make me tired but then you all pull out gay goat guns and now im too hyped for bed

please

sum
Nov 15, 2010

It was so cool of my master to leave all his tools around. Dismantling his house is going to be a breeze.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow 500 new posts what happened toda

Poniard posted:

i get to goatse a fed again hell yeah

:stonk:

Haven't seen goatse in the wild in years, thanks I guess

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

sum posted:

It was so cool of my master to leave all his tools around. Dismantling his house is going to be a breeze.

I do not think that means what you think that means.gif

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ad_Inifinitum/status/1281969058460643328

:thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Weekend numbers thread, at it again.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Numbers thread on the weekend: :jihad: :patriot:

Guns are bad and dumb, but numbers might be even worse?

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 12, 2020

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

why the gently caress does number get weekends off, get your lazy rear end back to work

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What does gay stuff with a gun entail.

sounds rad to me.
Disclaimer: Might lead to an explosive finish!

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

the potatoes wont be liquid if you dehydrate them

animist
Aug 28, 2018
max Abrahms has quantitative work surveying strategies of different rebel groups around the world. His main result is that the most effective way to torpedo a resistance movement is to shoot civilians. Pretty much any rebel group that attacks civilians loses support from the population immediately.

however, groups that perform sabotage / attacks on occupying militaries often do quite well. They just need to be very selective about what they target.

the problem: keeping any army (i.e. a bunch of young people with guns and Ideology) from shooting at everything that moves takes strict discipline. It requires structural disincentives to attack civilians, careful leaders, strategy, and a strong PR apparatus.

guns are a small part of organizing, not vice versa. anybody buying guns but not organizing is just LARPing. (and massively increasing the odds of accidents/homicides/suicides happening in their house.)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
yeah guns don't make you good at asymmetrical warfare.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
number

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i'm not a free man, I'm a number!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Let me count to number

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
is the forgotten weapoins guys a goon? kinda seems like one..................................... paging forgotten weapons guy to the thread

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
going to walmart to buy a mirv, tow missle, and 900 claymore mines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Smythe posted:

is the forgotten weapoins guys a goon? kinda seems like one..................................... paging forgotten weapons guy to the thread

he spends a video arguing with people with anime avatars about why an automatic rifle will always be superior to a bolt action in terms of round/minute. no, you wont be able to match an ak-47 even if you're really really good at shooting your bolt-action.

so...maybe?