Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So it sounds like the thing to do is to take a virgin citadel bow and hope you hit an Elder influence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

So it sounds like the thing to do is to take a virgin citadel bow and hope you hit an Elder influence

no. even if you hit, elder citadel bases aren't worth much. take a look at this list if you've got one to burn and want the best chance at a big payoff: https://poe.ninja/challenge/base-types

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Mercrom posted:

If you have an elder weapon with 2 good prefixes it's better to benchcraft "cannot roll attack modifiers" and augment an attack modifier for a 50/50 chance to get the bleed mod because GGG put in separate layers of tags for affixes for some reason.

The path of mathh way has the same odds and costs, and you end up with a significantly better item.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That’s a cool page.

Looks like the highest-priced weapon is a shaper Imperial Bow, in like 200th place overall

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Dance Officer posted:

The path of mathh way has the same odds and costs, and you end up with a significantly better item.

I have no idea what harvests crafts go for since I don't trade them but the "cannot roll attack modifiers" bench craft is only 1 ex and augment an attack mod is common. Also 1/2 is better odds than 1/3. The method you are talking about seems outdated since they added the attack tag to the bleed and poison mod for harvest purposes (but not metamod purposes)

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

CubeTheory posted:

Spooder boots finished, they took a lot longer to make than I expected.

Thems some fine rear end footwear :allears:

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

rawk cawk posted:

Yeah support multipliers are a huge deal. One reason why Inspiration is frequently used for SS - it may not be the absolute most damage, but its multiplier is just 115%.

Also I just landed +1 VD on SSF on a Hubris. Rolling a new guy soon, so I was in this head space.

Devor posted:

Are the spells in the 3-setup fueled by the same supports? Support mana multiplier affects end cost

VD and DD is in the 6-link setup with Spellslinger, I figured it was the multiplier thing from support which i didn't even know was a thing before. Can I just try to get more mana or Int on gear to fix it somehow?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

von Braun posted:

VD and DD is in the 6-link setup with Spellslinger, I figured it was the multiplier thing from support which i didn't even know was a thing before. Can I just try to get more mana or Int on gear to fix it somehow?

Spellslinger mana reservation is percent based, the only way to fix it is reduced mana reserved passives/items/jewels

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
After an ongoing lack of lucky drops and a huge step up in costs to go further, I retired my Baron Necro build. It was a good league starter, but this league it kinda misses any worthwhile league interaction due to so much of the build being uniques.

I switched to FP totems, and aside from the chest and rings (Soul Mantle + 2*Kikazaru) everything is rares, so you get a much better return out of harvesting. Still having poo luck with drops though.

Huge thanks for posting POENinja base type chart. I was wondering if there was a list like that a few days ago. Now to go through my lv84+ tabs and see if I got any good drops.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

von Braun posted:

I know with ziz's vd/ss guide it has two setups for detonate dead, and afaik you only need one. So the last skill you put in a 6l is the DD, which means you can take it off the other SS slots. I switched mine to a warcry.

There are also some nodes that reduce the amount of mana reserved, you can try those.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Mercrom posted:

I have no idea what harvests crafts go for since I don't trade them but the "cannot roll attack modifiers" bench craft is only 1 ex and augment an attack mod is common. Also 1/2 is better odds than 1/3. The method you are talking about seems outdated since they added the attack tag to the bleed and poison mod for harvest purposes (but not metamod purposes)

The influence craft costs 1ex and has a 50/50 chance of hitting the bleed or poison mod. I'm not sure what you're thinking of when you call this method outdated because this league is literally what made it possible.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jul 14, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

frankenbeans posted:

After an ongoing lack of lucky drops and a huge step up in costs to go further, I retired my Baron Necro build. It was a good league starter, but this league it kinda misses any worthwhile league interaction due to so much of the build being uniques.

I switched to FP totems, and aside from the chest and rings (Soul Mantle + 2*Kikazaru) everything is rares, so you get a much better return out of harvesting. Still having poo luck with drops though.

Huge thanks for posting POENinja base type chart. I was wondering if there was a list like that a few days ago. Now to go through my lv84+ tabs and see if I got any good drops.
Funny thing about high end FP totems, it's mostly uniques too outside of your weapon.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Funny thing about high end FP totems, it's mostly uniques too outside of your weapon.

The way I'm going this season, I'm never going to be able to afford that step up, so I get to beef up the 'just getting to A8' version instead.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Acht posted:

Ahh, too bad. You lost the wand I presume? That thing was really, really nice.
I have issues getting my currency going. I might be very unlucky, but it's been a dry season so far. I started delving a bit and that's actually been the most profitable so far (4 slot resonator selling for 50c). It's not the worst, as I generally only trade for bases, problem-fixing rares and build enabling uniques.

Yep, the wand is gone less than a day after it was born. Only other thing I'll really miss is this ring I created with a giant pile of dense fossils and a few harvest crafts .

I've definitely noticed that not a whole lot is selling at this point in the league. It feels about 2-3 weeks further in than it is, which I'd guess is a combination of harvest craft availability and sharper than normal dropoff in playerbase. Not a big deal since I craft a lot of my gear but it does limit my likelihood of doing some wacky exorbitantly expensive barely-feasible gimmick to end the league.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

xZAOx posted:

So I have my betrayal board like I want it now (2 good ones each in Research and Intervention, all the other trash people in the others).

Now I never, ever run Fort or Transport, correct?

Also, both R & I both came up at the same time. Should I only run one of them, wait until whoever got removed is back in place, before popping the other?

Anyone?

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

search engine posted:

Yep, the wand is gone less than a day after it was born. Only other thing I'll really miss is this ring I created with a giant pile of dense fossils and a few harvest crafts .

I've definitely noticed that not a whole lot is selling at this point in the league. It feels about 2-3 weeks further in than it is, which I'd guess is a combination of harvest craft availability and sharper than normal dropoff in playerbase. Not a big deal since I craft a lot of my gear but it does limit my likelihood of doing some wacky exorbitantly expensive barely-feasible gimmick to end the league.

Yeah your gearing and crafting are def on another tier than I am. Amazing ring.
Also, per usual, my complaint about lack of luck resulted in a quick Exalt drop.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
I just looked at my tree and i forgot to take the reduced mana reserved points around the Sovereignty. I didnt need them when i levelled so i skipped them then...

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
What's a good tanky and reliable bosskiller. A8 Sirus farmer

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jinnigan posted:

Seems pretty good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdTJTBgMPqI

The amulet is like 10ex and cluster jewels add another handful of ex, but the rest of the gear is pretty cheap (depending on if you want to go with the budget AG or not). For a cheaper amulet you could just drop the +1 int gems affix.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

You could probably do ok swapping the amulet for a primordial chain as a budget option as well. That particular build doesn't look terribly tanky to me, apart from having a whole lot of meat in front of it. But, standards vary and it's pretty easy to pivot toward more defense without having to change up your gear much.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
I did a golem build similar to this last league and did all bosses deathless as a terrible player: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2826004

Budget was 10ex total and I swapped in Stone Golems for the actual bosses since they do considerably more single target dps.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jinnigan posted:

A Scion PF/Hierophant ball lightning miner can facetank everything Sirus does on the cheap. You build around an enduring mana flask, Agnostic (20% of mana to life every second), and all of the mechanics that reward you for having a fat mana pool--cloak of defiance and a cheap watcher's eye for 58% of damage to mana, arcane cloak and indigon to turn your mana pool into horrifying amounts of damage, omeyocan for very high dodge, arcane capacitor annointment, etc. There's a youtuber named Akane who popularized the build; they obviously have Super Bullshit 64 gear but also they also just posted a video of them casually doing Sirus with a 1-link, so there's clearly some leeway.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
As a variant to the all-in 58% mana-before-life Agnostic, you can try Uber Dan's Agnostic Archmage Cremation Necro. You lose 18% mana-before-life (8% from Ascendant-Heirophant, 10% from Watchers Eye -- the folks I've seen seem to prefer the 30% mana recovery rate one instead, which seems to act as a multiplier for regen) in exchange for max block and spellblock and life on block (from Necro offerings and Glancing Blows). With a little bit of effort you get ailment immunity, but stun avoidance is a bigger problem unless you have Uber Dan levels of gear. It's my currently-neglected side project, but it's super cheap to get quite tanky especially with flower crafting; I'll need to craft a new wand and shield to at least get some damage into it.

My main is a golementalist right now -- as someone mentioned, stone golems with Primordial Chain is very cheap to get to a tanky state that blows up bosses. You'd only need the pricey necklace and the minion helm if you go non-Primordial chain, and that's mostly to keep your support spectres + AG alive. I'd normally feel quite tanky 85% of the time until I suddenly get blown up, and my hunch is that it's due to ele damage, since my ele damage mitigation is similar to other builds but my life pool is on the low side (~4.3k). It only started feeling much better after Divine Flesh.

Speaking of which, I know people have been really asking for it but I'd really appreciate a death recap. Something like aggregates by ability and damage type (phys/ele/chaos) over the last 3 seconds would help a lot. Something like:
(Auto-)Attack / physical / 4703134 hits (39.5 avg)
Slam / physical / 4 hits (500 avg)
Desecrated ground / chaos / 2.8 seconds (200/sec)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
They've talked about why there's no death recap, it's a technical issue with logging data. If all they told you is what hit killed you, it would often be somewhat useless information, though still better than nothing IMO. But to actually have multiple seconds worth of data would require them actually logging damage which is not done at all currently.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
^^^ e: yeah, I agree 'last hit that killed you' isn't terribly useful, and is probably still less useful than most people think. 'Requires too much of an architectural change' would be my first guess, too, as to why they hadn't implemented it, but speaking as a player, man it sure would be nice.

xZAOx posted:

So I have my betrayal board like I want it now (2 good ones each in Research and Intervention, all the other trash people in the others).

Now I never, ever run Fort or Transport, correct?

Correct; since you got all your trash in Fort/Transport, once you run the safehouse, the leader gets jailed and everyone else gets unassigned. You don't want anyone unassigned, you spent all that hard work getting them into Fort/Transport in the first place.

quote:

Also, both R & I both came up at the same time. Should I only run one of them, wait until whoever got removed is back in place, before popping the other?

Yeah. All houses have a leader and one additional member. If it doesn't have another member, the game will pick a random unassigned person to assign to it. It's important that you have no unassigned people when you run safehouses.

When you run, say, Research, you jail the leader, and it picks a random person from that house to become the new leader (in this case, there's only one person fitting this criterion). When the (ex-)leader pops out, they're now un-assigned, but since Research is missing a member, they will get auto-assigned to Research.

Now, if and only if the Catarina safehouse is available, then there's no Catarina investigation to gain, so the leader will pop out at the very next Syndicate encounter. (So if you want to super-farm syndicate, never run Catarina either.) You can force them to pop out by spamming new Foothills instances (or wherever) until you trigger a syndicate encounter (you don't actually have to run it, just triggering it is enough to kick them out of jail).

So tl;dr: run one of them, spam Foothills until guy pops out of jail, run other safehouse. That way you save yourself a Jun atlas mission.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 14, 2020

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Since a lot of inexplicable deaths are oneshots, I'd say the source of the last hit is a fine thing to tell you.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
So I finally finished up gearing my Doryani's prototype champion and its pretty fun to play. Its not like amazing or anything and its probably pretty trash compared to every other build out there but its my special snowflake build. Basically I tried out getting as much negative lightning resistance possible but also keep myself tanky with armour so I don't instantly die to lightning damage. Started off with Maligaro's lens which has -50%. Which wasn't a very good idea, it left me with around 5k armour. While it added a lot of damage, any lightning damage chunked me and killed me instantly. So I went and crafted a high armour shield.

While nothing amazing about it, it gave me around 24k armour and 72% block chance with my flask and fortify on. Lightning no longer instantly melts me but unfortunately, it still feels like its not quite the same tankiness as a 75% lightning resistance character. You won't get instantly melted but you will still feel like you take slightly more damage than usual which isn't the biggest deal. How it does in end game I don't know because I haven't done sirus yet. I've fought it once and died horribly last league so I'll have to give it a try on this character later.

Also for map mods, elemental resistances mods and elemental equilibrium mods all do nothing to stop you. Elemental weakness actually improves your damage. There are a few bosses I noticed that do not get affected by Doryani's prototype. Totem bosses like Puruna or Forest of Flames or the beast hearts in Core. Also have a video of me running a T16 map if anyone is interested in how it looks/plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1COhThb1BOM

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The exit from Vaal Oversoul's arena now unlocks significantly sooner.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
3.11.1c Patch Notes

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2906001

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

quote:

Added slots to the Seed Stockpile which can hold Buds, Flowers and Blossoms.

loving finally

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

quote:

The exit from Vaal Oversoul's arena now unlocks significantly sooner.
now just make it spawn faster and all my dreams are true

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
This is at least the third time they've made the exit open faster lol

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I finally beat uber lab on my second try today. The first time I made it to the room before the third Izaro fight and got stuck in a big string of traps when I wasn't paying enough attention and thought I had a safe place to stop but didn't. I was lagging hard on the second try because I forgot I was downloading something, but survived the second Izaro fight of that round entirely because of the extra life from the new gear I got last night, so thanks again for the recommendations. By the time I made it to the last fight I was feeling pretty anxious since I didn't want all the effort to be for nothing again, but instead of running around a bunch I mostly just focused him down ASAP and it turns out I had more than enough damage to do that (thanks in part to the new gearing of course). I'm extremely relieved to be done with that for at least the next couple months, and looking forward to seeing how far I can get with the conquerors now that I have all my ascendancy points and better gear. Thanks again to everyone who offered advice last night.

Edit: Easily slamming through T15 maps now with a friend, so yeah it all made a difference.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 15, 2020

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Perfect, thanks man! I didn't know about the foothills bit especially, really appreciate it.

quote:

Storage Tanks can now hold up to 1,000 Condensed Lifeforce.
Added a larger Storage Tank which can be created through Harvest Crafting.

I wonder if I can de-crap my map after this goes live. This is one of those "do they play their own game?" type of things. It feels like any notable play testing of t2/3/4 seeds would've shown that people needed some more storage. I'm casual as hell and ran into issues super quick.

[quote]Added a "Camera Rotation Effects" Option. This can be disabled to prevent effects similar to that found in the Veritania, The Redeemer encounter room.[/quote[

My god, finally. I've been starting Veritania's fight by squinting through my fingers. Made me immediately nauseous.

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 15, 2020

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

xZAOx posted:

Perfect, thanks man! I didn't know about the foothills bit especially, really appreciate it.

I wonder if I can do-crap my map after this goes live. This is one of those "do they play their own game?" type of things. It feels like any notable play testing of t2/3/4 seeds would've shown that people needed some more storage. I'm casual as hell and ran into issues super quick.

[quote]Added a "Camera Rotation Effects" Option. This can be disabled to prevent effects similar to that found in the Veritania, The Redeemer encounter room.[/quote[

My god, finally. I've been starting Veritania's fight by squinting through my fingers. Made me immediately nauseous.

Doing an entire field of T4s SSF takes longer than developing the entire league, so I dunno how they could have.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

Doing an entire field of T4s SSF takes longer than developing the entire league, so I dunno how they could have.

The mechanics clearly weren't balanced with growing entire fields of T4 seeds in mind though? Like it seems from the relative seed droprates that you're "meant" to grow fields of mainly T2 with a few higher tier seeds thrown in, with feeder fields of T1 to keep the lifeforce/seed sustain flowing.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

hit button posted:

The mechanics clearly weren't balanced with growing entire fields of T4 seeds in mind though? Like it seems from the relative seed droprates that you're "meant" to grow fields of mainly T2 with a few higher tier seeds thrown in, with feeder fields of T1 to keep the lifeforce/seed sustain flowing.

Yeah, that's all I'm talking about. The first time I had a good field of T2 with a few T3, and later especially when I did it with a flower bud, I had to emergency build like 20 storage tanks (on top of a ton I already had, following some reddit guide).

And I thought "man, I'll never use all this lifeforce", but it depletes so fast (esp with a couple of T4s).

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

hit button posted:

Well that didn't stop me.

Incidentally I need 5 carries for an interesting fight.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Thanks goons in 5555 for the harvest crafts. As long as I don't get scammed this is dead simple to perfect from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Man I just realized I forgot to edit my fields for t4 seeds, and I did like a A8 Sirus and a half cycle before I checked that area again. Ugh.