Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Aren’t all donations tested for major blood transferable infections, including HIV, anyway?!

What’s the issue here, deutsche Politik? IDGI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Smirr posted:

Because the supermarket is on the Reeperbahn

I see :raise:

I have much to learn about the ways of your people

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tarquinn posted:

Aren’t all donations tested for major blood transferable infections, including HIV, anyway?!

it's the same in the Netherlands for what it's worth, although they are now changing it to 4 months instead of 12.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Tarquinn posted:

It was mentioned earlier, but apparently some infections cannot be detected reliably.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Mithaldu posted:

It was mentioned earlier, but apparently some infections cannot be detected reliably.

Hmmm, okay.

Thanks.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Yeah apparently some diseases need some time to settle in and crash the party, a few weeks where you can't detect them safely with the standard tests. 4 months already should give this enough time though and a year is just an arbitrary number that even other Risikogruppen don't have to follow.
Following the medicine and statistics I'm fine with being somewhat under closer supervision than others, but a year is just way too long.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

To be specific, the test only comes out positive if the concentration of HIV in the blood is above a certain threshold and if you've only been infected for a short term, it can come out negative. That's why you can donate if your last "Risikoverhalten", i.e. having homosexual intercourse was more than 12 months ago. And not to defend this law too much, because I do think it's bad, but the Transfusionsgesetz was a reaction to the "Blutskandal" where hundreds of people (in Germany alone) had died from AIDS after being infected through a blood transfusion. In the 1980s, the majority of hemophiliacs (who require a lot of blood) were HIV positive because of this.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was just reading the Dutch paper and lol, it's all about "Wald-Rambo" from Oppenau.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Imagining that zwartwoud Rambo is some kind of anarchist who's gonna show it to the man but its probably just some 5g Corona nazi

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I looked across the pond and it's just so obscenely weird I had to avert my gaze so instead I'm posting this (again?):

quote:

Wessd, die Adomgraft zu höm - mei Ongl woar a grosser Professer un Wissenschaftler und Inschenör, Dokter Johann Trumpf am Adom-Ei drunner in Garching; gude Gene, richtich gude Gene, wesst, arch schlau, die Nämbärcher Werdschaftschual, richtig guad, arch schlau - du wesst ja, wenn a Schwarzer, wenn ich a Roder wär', wenn, wie, wesst scho, wenn ich als roder Sozi oudräda däd, däde se soch, dass ich enner vo de schlauste Menscher überoll auf dä Weld - es stimmt ja fei ah! - obber wenn du a Schwarzer bist, versoche se - ouh, mache die so'ra Nummer - dass ich, wieso ich immer domit oufang: Bin nach Nämbärch auf die Werdschaftschual, woar a guader Schdudend, bin donou gonga un dartnou, hab des gmacht, mer a Vermöchn aufbaud - ihr wisst ja, dass ich immer Referenze ougeba muss, weil mir immer benachteilicht wern - obber schau der den Adom Deal, des wo mich werkle beunruicht - es hätt' fei so eefach seiner könner- und es is ned so wichtich, wie die Leba sen (die Adomgraft is schdark, mei Ongl hat mer vor'n Haufer Joa scho erklärt, n ganzer Haufer Joa, die Energie und des woar vor fünfedreißich Joa; er däd die Energie vo dem was bassiert derklärn und Recht hat er kapt, wer hätt's dacht?) ober wenn du der etz ohguggst, was mit denne vier Gfangene bassiert - am Ohfang worn's drei, jetza sens vier - ober wie's no drei worn und zugoar jetzat, ich hätt gsacht, dass es am Bodn licht; Freind, und es sin Freind weil - ihr wisst ja, des werd weidere 150 Joa kosdn - ober die Berser sen großartiche Gschäftsleid, die Ironer sin großartiche Gschäftsleid, also die ham efach hie gmacht, die ham uns efach hie gmacht.

Is it just me or does this make more sense than the original?

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
https://twitter.com/donmarcelios/status/1283738449170837504

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Antigravitas posted:

I looked across the pond and it's just so obscenely weird I had to avert my gaze so instead I'm posting this (again?):

I can almost hear the Wirtshaus chatter in the background and see the sorry remnants of all the Weizen that had to die to produce this rant

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

:hmmyes:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

You have to steal Maibäume and not lock them an smh

e: oh wait it’s „Malbaum“ this makes even less sense now somehow??

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

https://twitter.com/donmarcelios/status/1283739362811949058?s=19

Mit entirely sure that "Nimm die Hände hoch, Du Wichser!" is a proper Androhung of UZwg, and boy howdy, the officers seem to be awful shots, but there are three things just off these two videos that give me some minute semblance of solace versus police Schusswaffengebrauch in the US:

1. That cop evading vehicular manslaughter by a somewhat indecisive hop and skip doesn't empty his entire magazine into the perp

2. The other cops on scene within line of sight of said perp are actually aware of their backdrop and don't take shots that would have a very good chance of hitting bystanders

3. The dude fleeing isn't being magdumped into his back

So outside of the systemic racism that still needs to be addressed in this dumb country of ours, the single good thing to take away from this incident is that training of Schusswaffeneinsatz still seems to exist.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Also, tag yourself.

I'm red-bag-guy casually walking his bounty of groceries across the street while law enforcement is shooting a rogue Kraftfahrzeug.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Mit entirely sure that "Nimm die Hände hoch, Du Wichser!" is a proper Androhung of UZwg
I wonder if he can sue the cop for insult, given that he clearly was not masturbating at the time.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So outside of the systemic racism that still needs to be addressed in this dumb country of ours, the single good thing to take away from this incident is that training of Schusswaffeneinsatz still seems to exist.
Yeah, meanwhile in the USA only 8 states have laws that cops need to warn before shooting. Good luck with that roulette.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also, tag yourself.

I'm red-bag-guy casually walking his bounty of groceries across the street while law enforcement is shooting a rogue Kraftfahrzeug.

"I will never jeopardize the beans"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Mithaldu posted:

I wonder if he can sue the cop for insult, given that he clearly was not masturbating at the time.

How can you tell?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

People who can get hard don't need to buy BMWs.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

What was he shooting at? Didn't see anything hit the Windschutzscheibe.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

The motor itself.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Randler posted:

Kann ich denn wenigstens "den Ami" weiterhin in Bausch und Bogen verdammen?

Klar, so lange es noch welche gibt...

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Mithaldu posted:

Look at his driving I am not sure about that. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

I feel so Deutsch that I actually understood all that poo poo

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Nobody commenting on the ending of Dark? I really liked it.

Part of what makes the ending happy is that nobody gets kids - very alman and oliwan-compatible

AndreTheGiantBoned fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 17, 2020

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Part of what makes the ending happy is that nobody gets kids - very alman and oliwan-compatible

The last scene of the series is literally someone announcing the name of their child

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

The motor itself.

Not really a gun person, but I'm not sure a dinky pistol bullet is going to do much to a whole-rear end car engine unless you get super lucky.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

cebrail posted:

The last scene of the series is literally someone announcing the name of their child

yes, but compared to the huge family trees of the series? it is unintendendly very stereotypical German to have 6 Germans on their 40's and there is a single woman who just got pregnant

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Now that you mention it, Dark is indeed a pretty antinatalist show. The whole mess is caused by people who can't stop having kids after literally stepping through a loving time travel wormhole and everything is resolved by kids snapping themselves out of existence again. And the central conflict is between ~somebody think of the children pleeeease :qq:~ and ~the children were a huge mistake~ :hmmyes:

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 17, 2020

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
PLEASE SPOILER EVERYTHING YOU SAY ABOUT DARK

please

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

oliwan posted:

please

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

oliwan posted:

please

Do you mean that you haven't gotten yet to the part where Berlin is overrated?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Do you mean that you haven't gotten yet to the part where Berlin is overrated?

:golfclap:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Dark sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks

Kidding. I hate it though.

:allbuttons:

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Hello friends

I'm a worthless pleb from the uk who desperately wants to escape this hell island before I get trapped here and I feel germany would be my favourite place to go

Does anybody have any tips on how to get a job there? I've been teaching myself german through apps and I was looking in Berlin and Munich primarily through LinkedIn. Are there any better way to find jobs for english speakers?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Speaking from the Frankfurt region ("Rhein-Main", in Hessen), if you have a technical or financial job, nobody here expects you to arrive in Germany speaking German. It is fairly expat-friendly as far as jobs go.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Zwille posted:

Dark sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks

Kidding. I hate it though.

:allbuttons:

Brudi, have you watched this awesome show Dark already? It's awesome and it's from Germany and about time travel and paradoxes and incest. You are gonna like it

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Hello friends

I'm a worthless pleb from the uk who desperately wants to escape this hell island before I get trapped here and I feel germany would be my favourite place to go

Does anybody have any tips on how to get a job there? I've been teaching myself german through apps and I was looking in Berlin and Munich primarily through LinkedIn. Are there any better way to find jobs for english speakers?

Depends on your qualification and job experience. If you are computer toucher/tech/engineering: send in your resume, do some phone + Skype interviews and see what happens. In most mid to large companies you can get by with English alone indefinitely as a techy(but it's absolutely not advisable because you gonna miss out on a lot of social and work related stuff)

There are no apartments left in Munich or Berlin, literally none, not even a single one so moving there without a job and knowing someone is quite the adventure and a decent amount of work. Maybe look at some smaller cities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Hello friends

It helps pretty hugely to know what exactly it is you do, because some jobs transfer pretty easily 1:1 from an English-speaking country (marketing, digital, IT) while others probably don't.

Abandon all hope ye who enter Munich or Berlin though, sorry.