Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Percelus posted:

even joe rogan quickly realized what a vapid hack bari weiss is and rogan isn't the sharpest guy, she will probably continue getting money thrown her way by likud psychos while becoming less and less relevant

did he realize this in the middle of an interview with her? I'd watch that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Ben Nerevarine posted:

did he realize this in the middle of an interview with her? I'd watch that

https://twitter.com/TurncoatD/status/1268691071342501888

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Heer98 posted:

uh excuse me, but this is actually the best starship troopers song

https://youtu.be/tiR4syAPDLE

my nerd friends and I memorized this song in college

The best startship troopers song is the main theme that got ripped off for a marine corps commerical a decade later lol.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

lol

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

here's everything i know about starship troopers 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rK5gu1gO_0

it looks like yet another direct to Syfy sequel, but one that at least understands The Deal with the original

are the sequels at all conscious satire of fascism, or did they miss the point of the original and actually celebrate fascism

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Gio posted:

are the sequels at all conscious satire of fascism, or did they miss the point of the original and actually celebrate fascism

i am saying that at the very least the people making that song had not missed the point

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

the episode they did on St. Louis is mostly about the Veiled Prophet Society. It was a secret society founded in 1878 by the political and business elite of the city to intimidate workers after massive strike the year before that included Black and white workers. Today it's mostly about the city elite networking and hosts a parade and ball every year. Ellie Kemper is from a prominent St. Louis family that's a member of the group.

This is just a random year, but shows the disguised veiled prophet with a different Queen of Peace and Beaty. The prophet is a different important St. Louis ghoul every year. The only known prophet in the past 50 years is Monsanto CEO who had his veil ripped off by activists in the 1970s.

First image of the veiled prophet in St. Louis, from a 1878 newspaper advertisement. Literally a Klansman.

The ep is good, they interview a St. Louis native who explains the historical and political context in more detail.

huh. I never actually knew the backstory, I just associated it with the kickass Arch fireworks

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

i am saying that at the very least the people making that song had not missed the point

sure, but that wasnt my question

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

is trueanon good? I always imagined it was a crazy guy ranting about jeffery epstein for an hour a week which seems a bit boring

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gio posted:

Marauder (the movie the song's from) actually is. If you can stand a lot of mid-naughties SciFi Channel CGI, it's worth watching.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

zegermans posted:

is trueanon good? I always imagined it was a crazy guy ranting about jeffery epstein for an hour a week which seems a bit boring

Its good and its honestly baffling that you thought that was what the show was

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

the first fellow Trueanon listener I ever met was a woman in her 50s, so i say it's on the same path to greatness as q-anon.

oh, and Brace is now on the DSA's International Steering Committee, so the consolidation of power proceeds apace.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Trabisnikof posted:

The best startship troopers song is the main theme that got ripped off for a marine corps commerical a decade later lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKtJobLOVYQ

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

zegermans posted:

TrueAnon is great, it's actually an actress and a CIA plant pretending to be crazy people with fantastic production values. Just imo but avoid episodes where they talk about technology though, which can be summed up as "ok so like I don't know how any of this works or what it means but be careful pepuhl!"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKO9h-gG4Qg

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FStBkFIxu1U

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Trueanon is now the 16th most funded thing on Patreon and 5th ranked funded podcast: https://graphtreon.com/creator/TrueAnonPod :toot:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Gio posted:

I'd hesitate to call the second one a satire of fascism, it largely ignores the societal context of the conflict in order to focus more on a group people trapped in a building with a body snatcher bug, but the ending does illustrate how easily people's actual existence and history is ignored in order to slot them into the state's narrative.

It's been like 10 years since I saw it though so there may be more there that I missed/don't remember.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

AnEdgelord posted:

Its good and its honestly baffling that you thought that was what the show was

zergmans isnt the brightest

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
all i know about starship troopers is that goons like it, so I hate it

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the funny thing about accusing gabbi is that bari is 100% a netanyahu toady while tulsard just doesn't want to invade syria

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Sardonik posted:

Trueanon is now the 16th most funded thing on Patreon and 5th ranked funded podcast: https://graphtreon.com/creator/TrueAnonPod :toot:

If Maxwell's trial is not Shockingly Interrupted, it will probably keep going up.

Oh wait...if it is interrupted, that may be even better.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Heer98 posted:

uh excuse me, but this is actually the best starship troopers song

https://youtu.be/tiR4syAPDLE

my nerd friends and I memorized this song in college

Holy poo poo this owns, thanks.

I would like to know more.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sardonik posted:

:doom:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

when the forums go down briefly for these days you have to wonder if it's for good

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

If Maxwell's trial is not Shockingly Interrupted, it will probably keep going up.

an octopus, a ten ton weight, and an entire party of adventurers come crashing down from the ceiling of Ghislaine's trial

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Percelus posted:

when the forums go down briefly for these days you have to wonder if it's for good

free us

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Victory Position posted:

an octopus, a ten ton weight, and an entire party of adventurers come crashing down from the ceiling of Ghislaine's trial

:lol:

e: unfortunately this invites the idea of Ghislaine first singing an aria on a moonlit prison balcony with the ghost of Jeffrey Epstein

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

gh0stpinballa posted:

there was a computer animated spin off series of starship troopers

There was an anime too, although it was based on the book

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was listening to the Biden episode of E1 podcast from a while back, and it's some of the funniest poo poo I've ever heard. Felix is a genius at Biden impersonation. It's like he can just put himself in that headspace and keep going indefinitely.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

:lol:

e: unfortunately this invites the idea of Ghislaine first singing an aria on a moonlit prison balcony with the ghost of Jeffrey Epstein

this implies that it's Ghislaine

:ssh:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Doc Hawkins posted:

The sudden appearance of Cyber-Epstein

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Jesus Christ

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

i used to think the LF maoist third worldists were stupid as poo poo but

man, i get it

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
Stranger: Indeed?
Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We all have laid aside disguise but you.
Stranger: I wear no mask.
Camilla: [terrified, aside to Cassilda] No mask? No mask!
— The King in Yellow

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

zegermans posted:

Trueanon is good. Some of their non-Epstein related episodes are pretty good.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

trueanon treats epstein as a case for their broader examination of the american ruling class and late capitalist development. it's extremely good

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1284389374654689280?s=19

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

I was listening to the Biden episode of E1 podcast from a while back, and it's some of the funniest poo poo I've ever heard. Felix is a genius at Biden impersonation. It's like he can just put himself in that headspace and keep going indefinitely.

Felix is a master free associater, though he usually has to get himself revved up with something mentally near at hand, like Oblivion ragdoll videos