Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I was reading that it's a combination city / jungle so you get a bit of both.

I'm hoping for more insanity like Far Cry 2. I've never played a game where things could go so bad so quick in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

not caring here posted:

I was reading that it's a combination city / jungle so you get a bit of both.

I'm hoping for more insanity like Far Cry 2. I've never played a game where things could go so bad so quick in my life.

i love farcry 2 the best too, it definitely had the best enviroment of the games imo. also checkpoints were insane with all the foilage in the jungle and stuff

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Far Cry 2 was so much fun, a lot of people seemed to really hate it though. I loved all the enemy dialogue and how they'd progressively get more and more terrified as you picked off their buddies, until the last guy just holed up somewhere panicking to himself.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The fire.

Throw a molotov and it's like rolling dice with a vengeful god.

Also I hope they don't go the voiceless protagonist again, I loving hate that poo poo these days.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCeEvQ68jY8

I’ve *liked* subsequent FC games a lot more than FC 2 but it’s pretty indisputable that they did a better job of creating a hosed up, frantic combat environment better than any other title in the series.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

god the fires were so much fun

seriously burned down the area in every fight just to play with it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Is 2 the one where you're warcriming like gently caress

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i mean that doesnt really narrow it down

2 was africa

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Oh nice

Far Cry 6 you play Dani Rojas, a voiced protagonist, male or female

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/far-cry-6-brings-back-a-voiced-protagonist-but-wit/1100-6479618/

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

far cry 2+ is pretty much war crimes: the series

i just hope they do some big shakeup to the play formula after releasing the same game three times in a row

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
2was fun for equipping an AK and IEDs or RPG and ambushing convoys all day :jihad:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

2was fun for equipping an AK and IEDs or RPG and ambushing convoys all day :jihad:

gently caress - I think 2 was the only one I didn't play.

I must have been in Africa for that release or something.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
The only thing I remember from 2, besides the malaria pills and fire, AK's breaking at inopportune tines, and diamonds.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Everything broke at inopportune times if you didn't look after it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i grabbed death stranding on steam, time for round two of reedus and the fetus

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

played through to the middle of ep 1

im getting great performance playing in 4k on my 1080gtx

it looks better than it did on ps4 pro. 100%.

i had maybe 3 hiccups? all during cutscenes and it was barely anything. Something thats easily fixed with patches.

its a fantastic PC port and if you're looking forward to HZD on PC then this is def going to impress you.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also i was wrong its 1440p but still gorgeous

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do you have DLSS enabled? That tech is cool as hell.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

played through to the middle of ep 1

im getting great performance playing in 4k on my 1080gtx

it looks better than it did on ps4 pro. 100%.

i had maybe 3 hiccups? all during cutscenes and it was barely anything. Something thats easily fixed with patches.

its a fantastic PC port and if you're looking forward to HZD on PC then this is def going to impress you.

It looks so drat good. I also have a 1080, and the game runs buttery smooth with all the details cranked up. It's so nice to see a PC port done right.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Do you have DLSS enabled? That tech is cool as hell.

yup, enabled on 1080gtx.

its seriously been ported over EXTREMELY well. HZD should be great when it comes in November, and hopefully mods start coming soon

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Is it enabled by default, or is it something that needs to be enabled?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm confused. DLSS 2.0 only works on RTX cards, so it won't be an option for 1080s.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

geforce experience says its on :shrug:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Probably a bug then. DLSS uses the tensor cores that are only available on the RTX cards. Nvidia didn't backport it to 10-series cards like they kind of did with the raytracing functionality.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

isnt the new one 2.0? maybe i got 1.0 or something enabled

anyways, if you grab death stranding, just remember its a slow roll of a game. It doesnt open up until chapter 3. It's fantastic and if you havent played it on PS4 the PC version is better and 100% worth playing

it fits really well with the times

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's super collaborative, especially as chapter 3 comes in. Don't worry as material prices for building things goes up because you're not working alone so long as you're online.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Man I am really tempted to get DS even though I told myself I'd work through my backlog. Seems like one of those games where I don't want to miss the early social aspect, such as it is.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

i have been playing the Dark Souls III Cinders mods and it makes miracles/sorceries/pyromancies build actually cool and good. I'm running a Dual Miracles/Sorceries build fast roll guy that uses a spear that can cast either.

Its fun but it makes the game too easy.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Anyone else picking up Ghosts of Tsushima?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ElMaligno posted:

i have been playing the Dark Souls III Cinders mods and it makes miracles/sorceries/pyromancies build actually cool and good. I'm running a Dual Miracles/Sorceries build fast roll guy that uses a spear that can cast either.

Its fun but it makes the game too easy.

I'm working thru DSR and DSII at the moment, and when I'm done I'm gonna try cinders out. I like III a lot, but It's way to stressful to pick up and play on work nights.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Big update for NMS is out. It looks fairly beefy :stare:

https://www.nomanssky.com/desolation-update/

Procedurally generated derelict freighters with stealable upgrades for your own would’ve been cool all its own.

e: going full Alien :getin:

quote:

Derelict freighters are home to several new hostile entities, including security turrets, aggressive drones, and a new variety of biological horror.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yes! But I'm stuck at stupid work. I am thinking about playing it in black and white for maximum Kurosawa but the film nerd in me knows that those movies had a special post process on the film that made them look that way, ie it's not just monochrome. Hearing good things so far.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bengy81 posted:

I'm working thru DSR and DSII at the moment, and when I'm done I'm gonna try cinders out. I like III a lot, but It's way to stressful to pick up and play on work nights.

you try sins of the first scholar yet? its my personal top souls

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fallom posted:

Man I am really tempted to get DS even though I told myself I'd work through my backlog. Seems like one of those games where I don't want to miss the early social aspect, such as it is.

its worth grabbing, green man gaming has it for like $12 off.

dehumanize yourself and face to kojimaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlRErLFIOhQ

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you try sins of the first scholar yet? its my personal top souls

Yeah I've got that going on my PC, I like it a lot, but I'm not super deep in yet, but I'm digging it so far.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yep. Waiting on delivery of the new TV rather than starting on the ancient 720p I have from 10 years ago.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I'm really tempted to grab death stranding but I just got into Battletech and I think I'm hooked on that for now. I'm terrible at it though

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I'm really tempted to grab death stranding but I just got into Battletech and I think I'm hooked on that for now. I'm terrible at it though

HBS Battletech? get the called shot upgrade skill asap, load up on alpha strike with lazors and SRMS. rinse, repeat. positioning takes some effort now and then to avoid getting cored in your butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

pmchem posted:

HBS Battletech? get the called shot upgrade skill asap, load up on alpha strike with lazors and SRMS. rinse, repeat. positioning takes some effort now and then to avoid getting cored in your butt

wrooooong. Get bulwark first on all dudes.