Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

larper
Apr 9, 2019
I made this personal page to make finding the emotes easier:

http://larper.win/emots/

I've found that just being able to sort them by dimensions is enough to find the one I am thinking of in most cases. I would love to see this proof of concept extended to the emotes page. The plugin is called jQuery datatables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Thanks to the posters in the PYF smilie thread who explained some of these for me

:ese: animated brown yellow mexican hat sombrero stabbing dagger shiv knife blood grinning smiling face

:eurovision: static blue yellow national flag country moldova song music saxophone epic sax guy sergey stepanov

:finland: animated white blue brown national flag europe nordic country spurdo sparde crying grinning face

:fireman: some things just aren't worth dying for better or for worse animated comic strip text words blinking

:france: animated blue white red green national flag country europe crying frog french francais

:fsmug: static yellow national flag american flag smug face stars and stripes usa flag waving flag patriotic

:geert: animated orange white blue national flag country dutch flag netherlands geert wilders crying face

:godwinning: godwin's law animated yellow black red hitler nazi flag dancing swastika flag waving face fascism

:gop: grand old party republicans static yellow stonk face upset stare usa national flag stars and stripes

:helladid: animated blue black fictional flag wiz let's play europa universalis: rome dictatorship of crete

:hitler: static yellow black adolf nazi germany godwin's law politics calm hitler moustache mustache face

:italy: benito mussolini animated green white red black national flag country europe italian face crying

:japan: animated white red yellow national flag country pikachu pokemon crying face

:mason: animated black yellow red freemasonry masonic symbols symbolic square and compasses g

:mexico: animated green white red orange national flag country sleeping sleepy zzz siesta sombrero mexican

:mil101: static green yellow helmet military training army pointing grinning face learning education officer

:newt: static purple grey gray lizard frog toad newt gingrich republican politician politics smug face

:niger: static red white green national flag african country

:nitecrew: nite crew night crew animated flashing black white inverted vanity manga anime k-on ritsu tainaka

:norway: animated red white blue brown national flag nordic country moose deer antlers crying face

Hammerite fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 20, 2020

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
:h: - static, red, heart, poker, deck, love, valentine
:hawksin: - animated, logo, blue, green, animal, bird, seattle, seahawks, NFL, football, get in, derivative
:intv: - animated, blue, person, human, walking, running, intellivision, videogames, consoles
:ironicat: - static, animal, videogames, ironic, irony, Kat Tut, Egypt, egipcian, pharaoh, peggle, puzzle
:itjb: - static, brown, I'm the juggernaut bitch, x-men, movie, comic, helmet, half, basketball
:iw: - animated, banner, logo, videogames, infinity, ward, modern warfare, robert bowling, beta, testing, buggy
:joel: - static, face, anime, BYOB, vanity, bunchastu (this one is artifacted to hell)
:jp: - animated, face, animal, food, crab, Jean Philippe, Hell’s Kitchen, cooking, TVIV, television, reality
:kakashi: - animated, face, grey, gray, blue, anime, manga, naruto, ninja, ADTRW
:kratos: - animated, face, yellow, God of War, videogames, protagonist, fury, angry
:laugh: - animated, animal, dog, duck hunt, laughing, miss, teasing, infuriating, videogames, shooting
:legion: - animated, banner, face, robotic, android, Mass Effect, sniper, sniping, consensus reached, gunshot
:lesnick: - animated, black, person, dancing, videogames, developer, star citizen
:liara: - animated, banner, face, blue, videogames, Mass Effect, asari, seductive, blinking, wink, derivative
:livintrope: - animated, banner, person, table, flipping, angry, anime, ADTRW, nite crew, vanity

Batch done, ready for another one.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 18, 2020

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Jiru posted:

:itjb: - static, brown, juggernaut, bitch, x-men, movie, comic, helmet, half, basketball

For this one I'd recommend having the full phrase (or at least putting "I'm" and "the" in there somewhere)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Hammerite posted:

:ese: animated brown yellow mexican hat sombrero stabbing dagger shiv blood violence grinning smiling face

I'd probably put "knife" in there, maybe replacing "shiv" if it does not fit. Seems to me it's a more common term.

astral posted:

For this one I'd recommend having the full phrase (or at least putting "I'm" and "the" in there somewhere)

You are right, done!

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

super sweet best pal posted:

These probably won't be getting much use anymore now that he's endorsed the rapist Joe Biden.
In all seriousness :smooth: is a genuinely specific and predicate C-Spam reference that makes me remember a lot of funny times these past elections vs the procession of bern atmos with mere "combinatory value", a phrase one goon tried to destroy the Simpsons Meme thread with:

Zazi posted:

the vast majority of the humour drawn from simpsons memes can be boiled down to the following formula:

"remember this one funny joke from when the Simpsons was good?"
+
"remember this other funny joke from when the Simpsons was good?"

There is no combinatory value to their humour.
To be met with pages on pages of memes riffing on the combinatory value of such a fifty-cent phrase used to cogently own 400 pages of cartoon jokes

Obviously :bernget20: needs to be treasured for its cultural impact, even if it falls closer to that end of the spectrum.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
i just usedd the search term "money" to find :homebrew: which is awesome because i have no idea how homebrew = money. For the first time ever I was able to think something like "I want the smiley where the guy is throwing the money" and then was able to find it. QCS success.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

:qirex: animated, pink, green, pokemon, bulbasaur, byob, vanity (someone who knows pokemon better can suggest a replacement since it’s probably wrong)

Can someone name that Pokémon? It’s not Pikachu (gently caress!)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Midjack posted:

Can someone name that Pokémon? It’s not Pikachu (gently caress!)
Likitung???

Also can we nuke the Lewis CK Wanking into a 5 box smilie? It's just... gross.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Are there more to do? I’d like to volunteer for another batch

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cda posted:

i just usedd the search term "money" to find :homebrew: which is awesome because i have no idea how homebrew = money. For the first time ever I was able to think something like "I want the smiley where the guy is throwing the money" and then was able to find it. QCS success.
that's my tag :D
also put me down for another batch, coach

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Midjack posted:

:qirex: animated, pink, green, pokemon, bulbasaur, byob, vanity (someone who knows pokemon better can suggest a replacement since it’s probably wrong)

lickitung. maybe include an alternative spelling so people don't have to spell it correctly

animated, pink, green, pokemon, lickitung, lickytongue, byob, vanity

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Alright, back on the grind here:

Midjack has :torgue: to :beerpal:
Jiru has :berned: to :baduk:
Snowy has :barry: to :bungie:
Stuntman has :burgerpug: to :commcbg:

Drop a line here if you want a group.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
I could do some more, although you haven't put the two blocks I did so far through :gbsmith:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Hammerite posted:

I could do some more, although you haven't put the two blocks I did so far through :gbsmith:

Yeah, it's...time consuming on my side. I have to be in the right mood to mindnummingly click back and forth for each individual one so getting them on the server is going to take some time.

Hammerite has :concerned: to :dehumanize:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Athanatos posted:

Hammerite has :concerned: to :dehumanize:

givin' him the ol' governor kemp, huh

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hammerite posted:

lickitung. maybe include an alternative spelling so people don't have to spell it correctly

animated, pink, green, pokemon, lickitung, lickytongue, byob, vanity

Thanks, I updated it with your suggestions!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Server side updated through :rolleyes:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Here's my latest batch. "wankah" may need some help. I can take a new batch at your convenience.

:torgue: animated, red, black, white, checkerboard, borderlands, games, explosions, mc, announcer

:toxogond: static, banner, toxoplasmosis gondii, cats, parasite, pet island,

:tubular: animated, green, surfing, pipeline, slime, water, dude, hang ten

:turianass: animated, blue, purple, head, airquotes, games, mass effect, alien

:tviv: animated, oh holky gently caress, watching tv, blown away, poo poo just got real

:tvtropes: animated, white, lampshade, rape, spergin, (NOTE: “spergin” label should be renamed if the “spergin” smiley is also renamed)

:twentyfour: animated, black, 24, 7 segment LED, tviv, jack bauer

:ubisoft: animated, white, execute, execution, gun, blood, splatter, cloud save, games

:valvebeta: static, gray, grey, blue, cards, games, steam

:vick: animated, banner, football, michael, quarterback, falcons, dogfights, eagles, kicks, touchdown, sports

:wal: static, emoticon, face, waldorf, old man, muppets, heckler, heckling, laughing, tviv

:wankah: animated, crying, uk, cockney, wanker, sahib, pukka bootstraps guvnah, jamie oliver, chef, cooking

:wcc: static, gray, heart, weighted companion cube, portal, cake is a lie, games, valve

:wcw: animated, yellow, crying, banner, wrestling, sas, vince makes sting cry, sports

:wookie: animated, brown, star wars, chewbacca, science fiction, alien, space, rebellion, george lucas

:xcom: animated, banner, that’s xcom baby, games, firaxis, aliens

:xie: animated, white, smith, baseball, new york yankees, postseason troubles, sas, sports, vanity

:yoshi: animated, green, dinosaur, super mario, nintendo, games

:zaeed: animated, banner, mass effect, sniper, rifle, gun, alien, shoot, headshot, guddamn, god

:zoid: animated, red, zoidberg, futurama, squid, lobster, crab, doctor, tviv, cartoon

:arnie: static, head, gray, grey, cigarette, fdr, roosevelt, president, vanity

:bick: animated, head, black, ink pen, suicide, vanity, your boy, byob

:bigdog: animated, head, anime, videogames, batwings, vanity,

:byob1: static, blue, head, byob, posting pals, buddy

:kheldragar: animated, white, head, smile, bloody, shoots up, gross, crazy, vanity, insane, intense

:trumppop: animated, face, eyepop, president, political

:2bong: static, emoticon, tcc, two bongs at once, drugs, chemicals, glassware, high

:350: animated, emoticon, tcc, smoking, drugs, glassware, shivadas, vendor, vanity

:420: static, green, mj, marijuana, mary jane, drugs, joint, high,weed

:beerpal: animated, white, alcohol, glass, mug, drinking, smile

Midjack fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 27, 2020

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
again thanks to the PYF smilie thread for explaining some of these to me
:concerned: static friends ross chandler matthew perry david schwimmer stare staring tv television what face

:coolspot: cool spot animated red black dancing dark glasses video games retro consoles 7 up 7-up soda mascot

:coolzone: static orange red black lives matter protests2020 riots george floyd politics racism police violence

:corona: boomers get corona animated black pink old people senior citizens coronavirus covid-19 skulls death

:cosmic2day: animated rainbow multicolored multicoloured yellow sun marvel heroes video games raising hand gay

:crab: static pink animal face seafood lobster crustacean animal

:crafty: animated xbone xbox one fanboy console wars vince mcmahon fainting falling over flat 2d 2-d

:crenshaw: animated pink dan crenshaw daniel republican politician eyepatch eye patch penis cock ring eye pop

:crnasickos: yes ha ha yes cough cough ha yes animated black and white coronavirus covid-19 kelly onion cartoon

:crobear: animated grey gray brown chris roberts cig rsi bear star citizen video games space spinning face

:crossange: littleory's anime shithouse animated green brown yellow blue hair dong jizz penis

:cursed: !cursed! static black red dark souls video games debuff status text word

:dadjoke: dad joke static pink orange gray grey grinning smiling face glasses father old man rimshot bad joke

:dale: dale earnhardt static black and white circle circular nascar racecar driving motorsport face glasses

:dare: gorillaz animated music noodle it's dare dance dancing anime

:daryl: static black white cat face stare staring

:dbuddy: dragon buddy dinosaur buddy static green lizard grinning smiling happy face friendly

:deadmau5: static yellow deadmaus deadmouse electronic music vanity smile smiling happy face mickey mouse x

:decorum: animated yellow grey gray closed eyes blushing pious sanctimony pressing button screen face bouncing

:dehumanize: dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed dehumanise animated black white text yospos dilbert 3

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hammerite posted:

again thanks to the PYF smilie thread for explaining some of these to me

That was smart, I’m going to have to do that for some of the cspammy stuff on my list

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snowy posted:

That was smart, I’m going to have to do that for some of the cspammy stuff on my list

Some advice from earlier:

Stuntman posted:

if u got plat just search ":smileyhere:" threadid:3484928

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Midjack reupped with :destiny: to :fivecbux:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Midjack posted:

:kheldragar: animated, white, head, smile, bloody, shoots up, gross, crazy, insane, intense

Vanity

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:doh: added

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Here's my latest. There are a few I may not have fully captured and these are marked, please let me know what I'm missing. I can take another batch at your convenience.

:destiny: static, white, toilet, commode, games, bungie, activision

:distonk: static, emoticon, discourse, chef, cook, bugeyes, ok, white hat

:dksays: animated, emoticon, trans, human, rights, smash, hammer, mallet, v, cool, hbomberguy

:dogcited: animated, white, dog, extremely excited, spinning, jumping, hopping, flipping

:dogge: static, banner, brown, white, bulldog, tongue, tired, laying down

:doggo: static, brown, tongue, x eyes, dead, good dog

:dogtits: animated, blue, large busom anime cat dog thing, bosom, busty, jiggle, sway, stymie, vanity, yospos

:dogwhistle: animated, brown, red, stare, racism, racist

:downsa: static, yellow, government, ssl, surveillance

:duckroll: animated, banner, orange, rolling, rolls

:dudsmile: animated, homer, simpsons, mouth, smile, tviv, cartoon

:dunkedon: animated, banner, black, white, sans, undertale, games, gonna have a bad time, get

:dva: static, emoticon, pink, overwatch, games, mecha, korean, hana song

:egosoft: animated, banner, warp gate surprise, x online universe, games, spaceships

:elongate: animated, face, eyepop, musk, grimes, tesla

:emptyquote: static, banner, agree

:emptyquote: static, banner, agree

:enkidel: static, brown, mesopotamian muscle wizard, paradise lost clash of the heavens, madgod, cyoa

:eonwe: animated, pink, wizard, magician, beard, vanity, byob

:evilbuddy: static, yellow, aim, aol instant messenger

:eyepoop: animated, emoticon, pink, brown fouintain, eyepop, poo poo, crap, turds

:fag: static, cigarette, smoking, butt, british, uk

:farf: animated, duck, leek, the end no moral, pokemon, games

:fatshark: animated, black, white, red tongue (I may be missing something here)

:feck: animated. red, get the feck in, warhammer, wh40k, games, bad miniature painting, scrunt, heck, garbage, slam sector

:females: static, banner, ferengi, quark, star trek, sttng, women, alien

:ffg: animated, emoticon, grey, gray, red, robot, fantasy flight games, cylon, battlestar galactica, argh

:ffgqa: animated, banner, fantasy flight games, italics, games, quality assurance, mistakes

:fishmech: static, face, head, spergin, nsa, vanity

:five: animated, rating, 5, click, cursor, arrow, golden

:fivecbux: animated, 5 cyber bucks, green,cash, money, dollars

Midjack fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 28, 2020

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
:dogtits: was Stymie's avatar iirc.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hammerite posted:

:dogtits: was Stymie's avatar iirc.

You’re right.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Mijack is a beast and has :flip: to :grovertoot:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Athanatos posted:

Mijack is a beast and has :flip: to :grovertoot:

:blush:

Here's the latest batch. I can take another one but won't get to complete it until tomorrow afternoon.

:flip: animated, emoticon, yellow, flipoff, shoot bird, middle finger, gently caress off, yourself, insult, phallic, up yours buddy, jackass

:flipoff: animated, emoticon, yellow, shoot bird, middle finger, gently caress off, yourself, insult, phallic, up yours buddy, jackass

:fluffy: static, sgdq, samus drinking tea, warm, blanket, fuzzy, games done quick

:freakfuta: static, blue, rear end in a top hat, futanari, byob, vanity

:freakout: animated, yellow, crazy eyes, googly, yospos bithc

:frogleave: animated, green, banner, frog, get thee out, pixels, chrono trigger, games, lp, let’s play

:frolf: animated, green, frog golf, frisbee, lp, let’s play

:frontear: animated, banner, frontier, elite dangerous, games

:fuckthis: animated, banner, pink, stupid internet, stupidity, anger, frustration

:fuzzknot: static, brown, mongoose, ferret, weasel, karl, star citizen, sc, games, bootcha

:gaysper: static, ghost, rainbow, gay, homosexual, pride

:gaz: animated, emoticon, dr doom, horn, music, marvel heroes, games

:gb2nitecru: animated, black, white, banner, go back to night crew, flashing

:gb2tfr: animated, banner, thoughts and prayers, go back, shut up and gently caress your guns, shooting

:gdj: animated, banner, pop in, god domme, dutch bullshit, netherlands

:gerard: animated, white, duck, stretched, sideways, david, buttcoin, bitcoin, blockchain, dracula, wikipedia

:getgud: animated, banner, git good, white, hollow knight, games

:gethill: animated, political, bernie sanders, hillary clinton, net, capture, victorious

:gitgud: animated, banner, get good, games

:gitgudhorn: animated, banner, git good, white, hollow knight, games

:glompoff: animated, banner, hammer, gently caress, mallet, purple, orange, hug, refused

:goatdrugs: animated, banner, flashing, red, yellow, green, animal, simulator

:golf: animated, banner, scrolling, now watch this drive, president, sports, sas

:goodshit: animated, banner, black, that’s such, vince mcmahon, wwe, pro wrestling

:goofy: static, stare, stretched, cartoon, dog, disney

:goose: animated, white, goose, bird, vibrating, enraged honking

:great: static, gray, grey, heart, nintendo switch, happiness, happy, positive, good, games

:gritin: animated, orange, gritty, mascot, philadelphia, flyers, hockey, nhl, getin, grin, smile, comrade

:gritty: animated, orange, banner, gritty, mascot, philadelphia, flyers, hockey, nhl,

:grovertoot: static, toot, groverhaus, ineptitude, mods, engineering, gip, pipe

Midjack fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 27, 2020

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is the hover text already searchable or should I account for that?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snowy posted:

Is the hover text already searchable or should I account for that?

The tags we're making replace the hover text on the smilies page so if there's something in there that's unique or identifying you should probably include it in the tags you generate.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The hovertext is part of what you are searching. The hovertext that was in place is being replaced by the tags.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

:barry: - static, barack, obama, face, racist, michael, ramirez, wormbama, president, political, drawing

:basta: - animated, black, michael, avenatti, donald, trump, wow, drat, political, photograph, faces

:bern101: - animated, bernie, sanders, axe, metal, getin, political, photograph, face, kills, the, rich

:bernchloe: - static, bernie, sanders, political, photograph, face, sideye, disturbed, reaction, wtf

:bernget20: - animated, bernie, sanders, hen, chicken, net, political, photograph, face, smile, smiling

:berninator: - animated, bernie, sanders, guns, pistols, shooting,fire, political, photograph, face, angry, mad

:bernout: - animated, bernie, sanders, tinfoil, hat, gun, libertarian, political, photograph, face, angry, mad

:bernpop: - animated, bernie, sanders, eyepop, eyes, political, photograph, face,

:bgc: - animated, black, baby, boomers, get, coronavirus, covid, 19, skulls, cartoon, die, death, kill, ok

:blindside: - animated, black, jeff, probst, survivor, voted, island, blindsided, wow, drat, photograph, face,

:boehner: - static, orange, john, smith, face, sad, frowning, suntan, political

:borked: - animated, gray, grey, vibrator, face, smile, schnorkles, jin, air, sadplane, lol, league, legends

:boston: - static, orange, pink, white, all, cops, are, bastards, police, dunkin, donuts, logo, acab, gently caress

:brainworms: - animated, pink, purple, can, conspiracy, theories, theory

:brainworms: - animated, pink, purple, can, conspiracy, theories, theory

:brexit: - animated, orange, building, fire, westminster, holy, poo poo, piss, england, english, britain, british

:brnsndcstl: - static, brains, burns, sandcastles, photograph, face, headphones, headset

:brrring: - static, yellow, overwatch, junkrat, videogames, gaming, blizzard,

:bsloppy: - animated, black, steve, bannon, photograph, face, wow, drat, political, racist

:bungie: - animated, videogames, gaming, software, developer, poop, poo poo, gem, psyduck, character, warlock

Snowy fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 21, 2020

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
limit of 100 characters, some of those will have to be trimmed a bit

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hammerite posted:

limit of 100 characters, some of those will have to be trimmed a bit

Ah ok thanks, will do

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snowy posted:

Ok, before I PM my submission if anyone has something to add, here goes this batch

Post the final versions here; just edit this post with your revisions.

I can take another set at your convenience!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ok my post above has the edited list.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is pedantic as gently caress but i don't think commas are necessary and take up valuable room you can be using to insert snipes at your Forums Enemies once you run out of tag ideas before hitting the limit (or for more actual tags I GUESS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Stuntman posted:

this is pedantic as gently caress but i don't think commas are necessary and take up valuable room you can be using to insert snipes at your Forums Enemies once you run out of tag ideas before hitting the limit (or for more actual tags I GUESS)

I was wondering about that, I was just following the form that I saw being used but between spaces and commas that’s a lot of lost sniping :v:

E- I mean spaces OR commas I guess