Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

PupsOfWar posted:

fans in green bay have always been at least somewhat uncomfortable with rodgers, a probably-gay-or-bisexual guy from california who does yoga and drinks kale smoothies and does other strange and mysterious coastal things, in a way that they weren't uncomfortable with favre

-they just were not able to vocalize this during the period when he was clearly one of the 2 best QBs in the league.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but is this based on anything more than stereotypes? I've seen plenty of Rodgers jerseys around central Wisconsin and Milwaukee. Maybe it's different in Green Bay proper or the rear end in a top hat corridors of the state (like the Fox Valley). But he's always seemed well liked to me, and I've heard the Packers' struggles over the past decade get blamed more on his coaches and supporting cast than on him.

Edit: Aaaand, I got whooshed. Should have seen it, "kale smoothies" is a bit on the nose.

gloom fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jul 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

gloom posted:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but is this based on anything more than stereotypes? I've seen plenty of Rodgers jerseys around central Wisconsin and Milwaukee. Maybe it's different in Green Bay proper or the rear end in a top hat corridors of the state (like the Fox Valley). But he's always seemed well liked to me, and I've heard the Packers' struggles over the past decade get blamed more on his coaches and supporting cast than on him.

rodgers is very very popular in wisconsin, pupsofwar is taking the piss

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
There's definitely dipshits that think he's too political or a diva or whine about his body language or any other dumb poo poo like that. Just wade into the comments of any local sports radio facebook or twitter post. (don't actually do this)

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
the best thing rodgers ever did was get his rear end beat on brett favre night

100% everyone was wondering whether brett might come down from the press box to save them

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Raku posted:

the best thing rodgers ever did was get his rear end beat on brett favre night

100% everyone was wondering whether brett might come down from the press box to save them

the weirdest bears game i've ever watched. i'm used to seeing them winning on pick sixes in OT, field goal or punt return runbacks. but shutting out aaron rodgers in the second half? ending with this??

4 1:47 1 10 CHI 19 Aaron Rodgers pass complete short middle to James Starks for 3 yards (tackle by Shea McClellin and Mitch Unrein) 17 13 4.310 4.180
4 1:21 2 7 CHI 16 Aaron Rodgers pass incomplete short right intended for James Starks 17 13 4.180 3.410
4 1:18 3 7 CHI 16 Aaron Rodgers pass complete short right to Davante Adams for 8 yards (tackle by Tracy Porter) 17 13 3.410 5.370
4 0:51 1 8 CHI 8 Aaron Rodgers pass incomplete short left intended for James Jones 17 13 5.370 4.570
4 0:43 2 8 CHI 8 Aaron Rodgers pass incomplete short left intended for Richard Rodgers 17 13 4.570 3.580
4 0:36 3 8 CHI 8 Aaron Rodgers pass incomplete short right intended for James Jones (defended by Tracy Porter) 17 13 3.580 2.950
4 0:29 4 8 CHI 8 Aaron Rodgers pass incomplete short middle intended for Davante Adams 17 13 2.9

incomprehensible

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Christian Kirksey's mother is on stage on The Price Is Right

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mike Zimmer is in the process of signing a multi-year extension with the Vikings.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Gonz posted:

Mike Zimmer is in the process of signing a multi-year extension with the Vikings.

This, but Mike Zimmer instead of Professor Farnsworth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuCz3sGsim8

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
:geno:

Minneschadenfreude: he is all in.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

SKULL.GIF posted:

rodgers is very very popular in wisconsin, pupsofwar is taking the piss

I feel like the Packers fanbase was so insanely in love with Favre (myself included) that our love of Rodgers looks tame by comparison to outsiders. I don't know whether it's because we felt so burned by Favre during the Vikings years or because Rodgers is much more private and didn't have the public struggles that Favre did that made a lot of people relate to him.

But yeah, your average Packers fan loves Rodgers too.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Zimmer is a much better coach than anyone they could get to replace him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmPLqrPGooE

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

This season...

No! You don't get to sing this song!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
that dude sounds like bill burr doing is suburban white guy voice impersonation

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Zimmer is a good coach and Rick Spielman is a good GM and I'm happy both are being extended.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

If Zimmer coached the Lions I'd have seen my first playoff win since I was six years old.

And if I was a woman in metro Detroit, I'd sleep a bit easier knowing there was one less rapist roaming around.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Hizawk posted:

If Zimmer coached the Lions I'd have seen my first playoff win since I was six years old.

And if I was a woman in metro Detroit, I'd sleep a bit easier knowing there was one less rapist roaming around.

:drat:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Lol @ Week 8 - 9

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1287158298005970946

Lol dolphins

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1287155691300564993

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Yup... he's always been a rightwing rear end in a top hat. It was surprising when he made some pro-Kaepernick noises a few weeks ago.

But, y'know, for all the self-righteousness and pro-life bullshit, he still cheated on his wife shamelessly for years and years, and he still sexually harassed that Jets PR person with an unsolicited dick vid.

EDIT: now that I think about it, didn't Jesus say something about throwing stones? :thunk:

Rod Hoofhearted fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 26, 2020

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Print the shirts

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

he's just havin' fun out there

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LabyaMynora posted:

Yup... he's always been a rightwing rear end in a top hat. It was surprising when he made some pro-Kaepernick noises a few weeks ago.

But, y'know, for all the self-righteousness and pro-life bullshit, he still cheated on his wife shamelessly for years and years, and he still sexually harassed that Jets PR person with an unsolicited dick vid.

EDIT: now that I think about it, didn't Jesus say something about throwing stones? :thunk:

The Packers were right.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao like the Packers don't have the most racist ownership group in the NFL

The NFL should really take their team away.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Trump has to be a Packers fan. Racist, fat, constantly damp.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SirPablo posted:

Trump has to be a Packers fan. Racist, fat, constantly damp.

The record shows that he's a Bills fan

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

What is it with Vikings QBs being Trump guys?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Pops Mgee posted:

:hmmyes:

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Dexo posted:

lmao like the Packers don't have the most racist ownership group in the NFL

The NFL should really take their team away.

:hmmyes:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pops Mgee posted:

:lol: :perfect: :lol:

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Dudes from mississippi. What did you expect?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Gonna be hard to figure out who has the most racist fan base in the NFCN.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
For Chicago it depends on what part of town

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I saw the Ditka news and gleefully came to this thread to make fun of Chicago fans.

...upon which time I encountered the Favre news. Goddammit.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress, poo poo, no, i can't believe mike ditka has awful political opinions

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lions fans have known the score on Ditka for a while.

https://nesn.com/2014/02/mike-ditka-to-matthew-stafford-turn-that-backwards-hat-around/

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ditka had to be talked out of running for senate against obama in '04 after the republican candidate who was literally named "jack ryan" was caught up in sordid sex club anecdotes that surfaced during his divorce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Imagine thinking any Bears fan here still has any large affection for Ditka.