Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://preview.redd.it/0v8oa67517c51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=0aa84e9176865619b4a753405b13f7c2a445c074

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The closest they ever come to admitting they made a mistake is saying something like "Everything is so political, and it's both sides doing it! You just don't know what's true any more!"

We should continue to reach across the aisle to the poor victims of this cruel hoax.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

being a traitor to America is good anyway

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

lol at the people gingerly using sticks to put their mask in the tiny bucket fire with the trepidation of a 3 year old bozo the clown pulled out of the audience getting ready for the first bucket toss

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

im not afraid of fake news covid but i dont wanna get burned, yknow? gotta be careful.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
When Chernobyl was airing I was watching it and also reading Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising" and there's a part where a Soviet nuclear boat is sunk near the wreck of the Andrea Doria and it causes an entirely uncontrolled nuclear reaction on the bottom of the Atlantic and everyone's like "Oh well! We'll worry about that later!"

This is like just SE of Cape Cod

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

When Chernobyl was airing I was watching it and also reading Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising" and there's a part where a Soviet nuclear boat is sunk near the wreck of the Andrea Doria and it causes an entirely uncontrolled nuclear reaction on the bottom of the Atlantic and everyone's like "Oh well! We'll worry about that later!"

America.txt

We probably shouldn't be trusted with nuclear power.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The wreck of the AD is in 160 feet of water, so its not like that nuke debris is sitting in a crevasse a mile under water where it is likely to never be disturbed.

Fun fact: 160 feet is juuuust below the limit of what is safe for ordinary SCUBA divers to descend to (below 150 feet you need special equipment and training and gas mixtures etc.) so the wreck has killed dozens of divers who thought they could get away with pushing the limits of their gear and training.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That isn't very fun

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Epic High Five posted:

They should be in exile on a trash island surrounded by sharks wtf is with all the disgusting liberalism here? Oh you want a fair democracy? You want worker control of the means of production via direct democracy? You want people who dedicate their lives to preventing that with the resources of the rich to be a part of that process? Ahhh u want a unicorn that farts rainbows too? Lmfao no, gulag gulag gulag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKiLfH3DVGc

This but gulag instead of paddlin?

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

vyelkin posted:

"100 positive tests a day. Not great, not terrible."
"But... we only have 100 test kits a day"

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

FMguru posted:

The wreck of the AD is in 160 feet of water, so its not like that nuke debris is sitting in a crevasse a mile under water where it is likely to never be disturbed.

Fun fact: 160 feet is juuuust below the limit of what is safe for ordinary SCUBA divers to descend to (below 150 feet you need special equipment and training and gas mixtures etc.) so the wreck has killed dozens of divers who thought they could get away with pushing the limits of their gear and training.

There’s a U-boat off of cape hatteras sitting at ~110ft, listed ~45 degrees to the side, and it sits in a high-current/low-vis area.

Someone went inside and stole the Enigma machine. That kind of disoriented/low-vis (due to sand)/blackout (inside the wreck) diving sounds like a top-tier stupid idea, but someone did it anyways.

if a sub went down even near the Doria, no matter who owned it someone would have to either salvage it immediately or weld shut every single hole and hatch so stupid divers wouldn’t die in there.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Isn't there one that's been leaking significant radiation lately?

Edit: August last year

"Norwegian researchers have discovered that a Soviet nuclear submarine that sank in the Barents Sea 30 years ago, killing 41 sailors, is leaking radiation at nearly 1 million times normal levels. ... Radiation levels in that body of water typically remain around 0.001 Bq per liter, the authority said."

pop fly to McGillicutty has issued a correction as of 12:10 on Jul 22, 2020

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

All things considered if you’re going to have an uncontrolled reaction happen the bottom of the ocean is the best place to have it outside of “on a different planet”. You can go swimming in your average rod storage pool and not get a notably high level of exposure so long as you don’t dive down to far. You’re far more likely to die of lead poisoning from the fellow holding an AR-15 that is not going to be pleased about you taking a dip tbh.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Warbird posted:

All things considered if you’re going to have an uncontrolled reaction happen the bottom of the ocean is the best place to have it outside of “on a different planet”. You can go swimming in your average rod storage pool and not get a notably high level of exposure so long as you don’t dive down to far. You’re far more likely to die of lead poisoning from the fellow holding an AR-15 that is not going to be pleased about you taking a dip tbh.

Yea nuclear reactor divers are a terrifying thing. They do maintenance inside the reactor vessel itself, but have very strict limits about where they can go/what they can do/how long they can stay. I saw a story about a guy who just picked up something he wasn’t supposed to, and it was so irradiated it ended up giving him some kind of radiation poisoning.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The old man was a nuclear safety somethingortheother for a while so I got to hear about all that growing up. Radiation is terrifying and will gladly gently caress you and the next few generations of humanity if mishandled, but also has a very clear set of rules we understand pretty well. Don’t cause trouble and there won’t be trouble; 3 Mile, Chernobyl, Brown’s Ferry, and a few others aside.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1285611975121174528
let-them-fight dot jpeg

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Icon Of Sin posted:

Yea nuclear reactor divers are a terrifying thing. They do maintenance inside the reactor vessel itself, but have very strict limits about where they can go/what they can do/how long they can stay. I saw a story about a guy who just picked up something he wasn’t supposed to, and it was so irradiated it ended up giving him some kind of radiation poisoning.

The incident at Leibstadt

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
All Republicans should step down or be removed.

Then the Democrats.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Is this where everyone pretends they're not dems like libertarians pretend they're not repubs.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Philthy posted:

Is this where everyone pretends they're not dems like libertarians pretend they're not repubs.

what does my gangtag say

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Philthy posted:

lol, if you want things to get better and are still a Dem you're dumb as gently caress

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

what does my gangtag say

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://external-preview.redd.it/1290UslskqDy9hpaBw-HsfjdTZxmjv9UXSU6r3G4NS8.jpg?auto=webp&s=bf2e653c8fef9856d3aa3ae411bbc957eafacbec

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

You could write an academic thesis on the mental calculus that made them think mentioning BLM was a rebuttal/own.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/StarTribune/status/1286092412750790656
:allears:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Does anyone have any more of those tasty "Chud dies of phoney democrat illness" news stories?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So now whatever C19 v2 stimulus package that comes out of congress seems like it will be means tested and tied to wages because "It's not fair" so just kill me. Somehow, no Republicans seem upset about all the bullshit help going to people and companies who never needed it.

Also, no one ever mentions the fact that many people who were let go may have had health care coverage through their employer, assuming they offer it. Probably not most of the ones being targeted for receiving "too much money for not go to work" and the ones they're bitching about "sitting on their asses" because they made more (for two months) by not working than whatever Covid spreading hell hole they usually toiled at, but I would think it's enough to warrant consideration when we're talking about compensation.

I have to think at least some of this effects Trumpians on some level. No?

But as usual these morons get up in arms about people receiving money to stay safe and sheltered who also put every god damned red cent of that money back into the capitalist system that keeps rich people rich.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
democrats love the pointless cruelty of means testing. it's almost religious.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

BiggerBoat posted:

So now whatever C19 v2 stimulus package that comes out of congress seems like it will be means tested and tied to wages because "It's not fair" so just kill me. Somehow, no Republicans seem upset about all the bullshit help going to people and companies who never needed it.

Also, no one ever mentions the fact that many people who were let go may have had health care coverage through their employer, assuming they offer it. Probably not most of the ones being targeted for receiving "too much money for not go to work" and the ones they're bitching about "sitting on their asses" because they made more (for two months) by not working than whatever Covid spreading hell hole they usually toiled at, but I would think it's enough to warrant consideration when we're talking about compensation.

I have to think at least some of this effects Trumpians on some level. No?

But as usual these morons get up in arms about people receiving money to stay safe and sheltered who also put every god damned red cent of that money back into the capitalist system that keeps rich people rich.

I also just want to figure out how they're going to means-test the wages. Because if they do it like they did the first round, by prior year tax records welllll does that even factor in people losing their jobs this year?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

democrats love the pointless cruelty of means testing. it's almost religious.

it’s bc they’re terrified of the gop finding some rich rear end in a top hat getting gobmint money and putting it an attack ad and discrediting the entire program with the public

30 years ago that was maybe a legit fear idk, but boomer dems are just as stuck in the past politically as boomer chuds

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

Epic High Five posted:

They should be in exile on a trash island surrounded by sharks wtf is with all the disgusting liberalism here? Oh you want a fair democracy? You want worker control of the means of production via direct democracy? You want people who dedicate their lives to preventing that with the resources of the rich to be a part of that process? Ahhh u want a unicorn that farts rainbows too? Lmfao no, gulag gulag gulag

deciding who "deserves" rights is the perfect lib brain, though

if you think it's only for the 'deserving,' it's a privilege, not a right, and you're just confusing the matter by calling it a right

the purpose of this confusion is to shield your privilege behind a facade of universality. gently caress off with that poo poo, you're better than it.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

ElGroucho posted:

Does anyone have any more of those tasty "Chud dies of phoney democrat illness" news stories?

Don’t think we know exactly how he died but it’s the likely case here.

https://twitter.com/yesyoureracist/status/1286453534683275269?s=21

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

deciding who "deserves" rights is the perfect lib brain, though

if you think it's only for the 'deserving,' it's a privilege, not a right, and you're just confusing the matter by calling it a right

the purpose of this confusion is to shield your privilege behind a facade of universality. gently caress off with that poo poo, you're better than it.

I'm an ML, I believe most of these people can be reincorporated in the fullness of time, but I also believe that they must be stripped of all power before even the slightest bit of the beginning of progress could possibly be made. As I've said a hundred times before, I'm open to any possible method to achieve this that isn't what be cried over as "going too far" by lib dipshits despite it being maybe half as cruel as the carceral state they refuse to defang, but both history and theory tell me that the only answer is open palm slamming that "dictatorship of the proletariat" button

They'll have rights, sure, they won't starve and they won't be genocided or anything. That's their game. That's their flag we're burning and their monuments we're dynamiting. But they absolutely will not have power over anything more than choosing a meal off a menu until the damage they've done can be fixed. Will the new methods be awkward and less than ideal considering it'll be wholly new and coming in the aftermath of the demolition of the old modes? Absolutely, but it'll be better than now and will put us on track to a future that isn't 6 billion people roasting alive while a couple million gawk at the livefeeds in their compounds or orbitals

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Normy posted:

Don’t think we know exactly how he died but it’s the likely case here.

https://twitter.com/yesyoureracist/status/1286453534683275269?s=21

Maybe he shot himself, which would also be good

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ElGroucho posted:

Let's not completely write off the possibility of autoerotic asphyxiation, here.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

ElGroucho posted:

I would argue that would be better since it'd make it less likely he infected innocent people with Covid before dying.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

Let's not completely write off the possibility of autoerotic asphyxiation, here.

To the choke and stroke!

*raises glass*

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nitrousoxide posted:

I would argue that would be better since it'd make it less likely he infected innocent people with Covid before dying.

I willing to bet that all the people at that table deserved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://i.redd.it/wmffeuxu6qc51.jpg