Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Real hurthling! posted:

Skeptically comparing halo to breath of the wild ftw

I was going to make a joke about weapon durability but I guess plasma rifles already break after shooting like four aliens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Brad Sams is claiming Halo Infinite will launch without multiplayer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvy-C211M6M

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Pirate Jet posted:

Brad Sams is claiming Halo Infinite will launch without multiplayer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvy-C211M6M

LOOOOOLLLLLL

Why even release it?!? Does it even have a full story mode?!

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Wooow this is turning into the most self-sabotaging slow motion car crash of a launch.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I know Covid hosed up development a lot, but this seems extremely unforced error

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I don’t think anyone actually cares about halo multiplayer anyway.

It’s never been a thing or that big of a deal.

I say good for them for trimming that fat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I say good for them for trimming that fat.

.... source your quotes?

Also, no one else is reporting this about the multiplayer.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 24, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I'll wait until I hear from more than a YouTuber who cites a single anonymous source. I mean, it also wouldn't surprise me if it happened, but I'll save my outrage for later.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

MarcusSA posted:

Wow how does being the single most wrong Person on earth feels like?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Stux posted:

vermintide 2 is real fun and a 40k version of that by the same devs will prob be good but thats about it for me

I hate that they feel like they're too cool for just good ol' Space Marines and a WAAAAAAGHHHH of Orks but yeah I'm sure it'll be great.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Red Warrior posted:

Wooow this is turning into the most self-sabotaging slow motion car crash of a launch.

Still doesn't compare to nonstop lols of Xbox One unveil and launch.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

I said come in! posted:

.... source your quotes?

Also, no one else is reporting this about the multiplayer.

Seems Microsoft is stealth-confirming this now....? No public beta testing before the game launches, and: “this process doesn’t stop with launch. In fact, in many ways, feedback and community flighting will be even more important after launch as we partner together to continually evolve and update the game into the future."

They'll be having beta-testing after launch?

https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-beta-public-flighting-cancelled-altered

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

American McGay posted:

Yeah I'll wait until I hear from more than a YouTuber who cites a single anonymous source. I mean, it also wouldn't surprise me if it happened, but I'll save my outrage for later.

He couldn't even call out the names of any of the games correctly. He said that Forza Motorsport 7 was announced.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I loved Halo before it became MP first and a crapped out SP campaign secondary. So I say good.

I mean I'm sure the story will still suck but it's where they should concentrate anyway.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I thought I'd read that they were saying they'd hope to show off multiplayer in the coming weeks, but if they're now saying...?

Ham posted:

Seems Microsoft is stealth-confirming this now....? No public beta testing before the game launches, and: “this process doesn’t stop with launch. In fact, in many ways, feedback and community flighting will be even more important after launch as we partner together to continually evolve and update the game into the future."

https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-beta-public-flighting-cancelled-altered

I read that as them playtesting new content, modes or multiplayer balancing as part of the flighting tests, since this is a platform that is going to be the new home for Halo for the next decade or so.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 24, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Anidav posted:

Shiney rocks? Cool.

you can dislike the art direction but it has objectively higher fidelity than what was shown of halo infinite which cannot render shadows properly

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Real gamers play CoD or Fortnite multiplayer anyway.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Ham posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat Smash Bros. Ultimate has been in beta for 2 years now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The feels. Mmm

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Will Master Chief Collection even be completed before Halo Infinite is released?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Halo incomplete

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Terminally Bored posted:

Still doesn't compare to nonstop lols of Xbox One unveil and launch.

Nothing ever will but Microsoft trying to structure an entire generation around "Netflix, but for mid-budget games and some slightly more budget games that used to be xbox series" is creating it's own monster now.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Red Warrior posted:

Xbox, baby!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Barudak posted:

I know Covid hosed up development a lot, but this seems extremely unforced error

Well there have been reports that in sone cases covid attacks the brain...

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Like why have a game showcase and show half finished games? How does that even fly?

I’d much rather see a prerender of what it should look like with rtx than shadowless textures of an in progress.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Halo Infinite: Episode 1 will feature the fan favorite BLOOD GULCH and new limited time only CTF

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Terminally Bored posted:

:hmbol::hmbol::hmbol:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1286640037153648640

Xbox Marketing GM Aaron Greenberg responded to criticism about Infinite's graphics, saying: "Listen, we're in the middle of a global pandemic. It's July, we're far from [launch in] Holiday, you're seeing a work-in-progress game."

Aaron responds to feedback “ It's very hard to show the full power and graphical fidelity of what Xbox Series X will be able to deliver for you over a stream. Go back and look at it in 4K 60," referring to the fact that the stream was delivered live in 1080p, but the gameplay premiere can be viewed in 4K 60 FPS on the Halo YouTube channel.

Why do I feel like these holiday launches are going to be complete disasters?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No Age of Empires IV yesterday, so there was no point in doing that showcase.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

No Age of Empires IV yesterday, so there was no point in doing that showcase.

In exchange they spared us battletoads.

I assume itll be shown at the august showcase microsoft threatened

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why do I feel like these holiday launches are going to be complete disasters?

Between this and PS5 quietly dropping PS4 support, I might not want to get a new console at launch after all. I guess if Gran Turismo 7 is a launch title that will make the decision easier.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Its been almost comical at this point to watch both companies wait until the other breaks and announces release date and price. No one wants to repeat the Sega Saturn.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Between this and PS5 quietly dropping PS4 support, I might not want to get a new console at launch after all. I guess if Gran Turismo 7 is a launch title that will make the decision easier.

GT7 was first announced in July with absolutely no timing given so I would not bank on it releasing this fiscal year.

I said come in! posted:

Its been almost comical at this point to watch both companies wait until the other breaks and announces release date and price. No one wants to repeat the Sega Saturn.

Yeah the Xbox One was a loving terrible launch on all sides and yet, somehow, less awful than the Saturn and now both these companies are playing 400 dollar chicken

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
To be fair, in terms of the conference quality we don't know how and when these games will turnout.

For reference, the Switch also had a lukewarm console reveal initially, but it's looked back more fondely because almost every game delivered (or over-delivered) and was released within a year after the consoles release.

In contrast, Sony's 2015 "E3 of Dreams" had the trio of dream titles (FF VIIR, The Last Guardian, and Shenmue III). It was said to be the best E3 ever. The issue was that one of the games would be a resounding disappointment, while the other was mixly received. Only Final Fantasy VII Remake would deliver. Which in hindsight makes the conference seem much less magical.

For all we know the new Obsidian game could be their best work yet, Fable could catapult the series into megahit territory, and PSO2: New Genesis could be the Monster Hunter World of the franchise.

Or they could all suck.

That said, Microsoft isn't Nintendo, and most of these games won't likely be out by 2021.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Between this and PS5 quietly dropping PS4 support

You get these crazy ideas a lot around console launches.
Its a little weird. So much :arzy: in 2016 over ps4 pro iirc.
Ps5 has 2 different ps4 compatibility modes baked in. Mark cerny doesnt straight up lie like xbox guys

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

You get these crazy ideas a lot around console launches.
Its a little weird. So much :arzy: in 2016 over ps4 pro iirc.
Ps5 has 2 different ps4 compatibility modes baked in. Mark cerny doesnt straight up lie like xbox guys

I'm still a little fuzzy on the PS5 stuff.

Like if it had full PS4 support with upgrading like the PRO does I'd probably get one. If it doesn't I'll just get a PRO and call it a day.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

I said come in! posted:

ps5 has not dropped ps4 support, some random twitter people didnt see it explicitly mentioned in a single website layout and said it mustve been removed.

^^ it has full ps4 support, both the series x and ps5 are using the exact same method for backwards compatibility with xbone/ps4. there would be absolutely no reason for either to remove it because it doesnt involve including any extra hardware.

literally the only thing sony has said about it is "ps5 has full back compatibility with ps4" i have no idea how its confusing for anyone.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Barudak posted:

What's left to show? I guess there's Halo's multiplayer in some capacity. Flight Simulator, where they'll say "...and you can play it right now!". More CG teasers for upcoming properties they have (Perfect Dark, Gears of War, etc.)? Gears Tactics on Xbox? There doesn't seem to be that much left to show, at least not for another showcase of this scope unless they fill it to the brim with third party games.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I remember Cerny saying something akin to "at the very least, the top 100 ps4 games will be on ps5" which I guess means all their exclusives and some other things.

it's already been kind of soft confirmed now that the Hitman devs have said you could carry over ALL of Hitman 1 and 2 into Hitman 3 crossgen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

DLC Inc posted:

I remember Cerny saying something akin to "at the very least, the top 100 ps4 games will be on ps5" which I guess means all their exclusives and some other things.

it's already been kind of soft confirmed now that the Hitman devs have said you could carry over ALL of Hitman 1 and 2 into Hitman 3 crossgen.

Cerny was saying we've tested the top 100 most played games in the ps5 boost mode which could break games.

There will be a ps5 mode that downclocks it to basically act as a ps4 and that should let it run virtually every ps4 game.