Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So what have you guys bound to it? I'm thinking r2 and l2 cause those are a bitch sometimes on longer sessions for me

I take advantage of all 3 profile settings. I have 1 set up for games with sprint/dodge, one set up for FPS, and a third that I swap out configurations for that don't fit in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

For a game trying to have HUDless navigation that sure is a lot of text smack in the middle of the screen.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Okay I finished DQ11, now what is all this post game nonsense and do I really need to bother with it?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Less Fat Luke posted:

For a game trying to have HUDless navigation that sure is a lot of text smack in the middle of the screen.

For the standoffs it looks better if you have the turn-button-holds-to-toggles accessibility option turned on because then you don't get the Hold ∆ prompt on the screen.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So what have you guys bound to it? I'm thinking r2 and l2 cause those are a bitch sometimes on longer sessions for me

A lot of games use L3 for sprint which is awful, so my default is L3 and whatever jump is.

I use all 3 profiles and switch them up often though, it's pleasantly easy to do so. Back button owns, I'm aghast it isn't built into the ds5.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Lobok posted:

For the standoffs it looks better if you have the turn-button-holds-to-toggles accessibility option turned on because then you don't get the Hold ∆ prompt on the screen.

I tried turning this on and I think it made drawing the bow into pressing L2 instead of holding it and I didn't like it so I turned it off

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Question for TLOU2 heads: is there a setting anywhere that stops me auto-equipping crafted items? I keep throwing molotovs at myself

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don’t worry Ellie’s an expert with them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

what's the word on PSVR and the PS5? Pretty sure my headset is ok, but the hardware piece with the HDMI connections is busted. Not sure I can buy them separately? It's also the first gen one. Considering one used, but might just wait if there's a reason to.

FWIW I do have a PS4 camera already

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Okay I finished DQ11, now what is all this post game nonsense and do I really need to bother with it?
If you mean you defeated Mordegon and the credits rolled, you've finished the second of three acts of the story; "post-game" is really a misnomer. Whether you're satisfied with that is up to you but there's another ~30 hours of story waiting if you want it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

For the guy wondering about DLC, the easiest way to do it is to install the game then hit down when you’re on the game icon and there’s a tab that shows all the available DLC for it and you just go to that page and install each one piecemeal.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

If you mean you defeated Mordegon and the credits rolled, you've finished the second of three acts of the story; "post-game" is really a misnomer. Whether you're satisfied with that is up to you but there's another ~30 hours of story waiting if you want it.

Oh god, I've already got like 90 hours into this game. I dunno. Maybe I'll just put it back in the queue

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Oh god, I've already got like 90 hours into this game. I dunno. Maybe I'll just put it back in the queue
Yeah I set it down at that point, might've been a year before I picked it back up to actually finish but I really enjoyed it when I did.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

owl_pellet posted:

I tried turning this on and I think it made drawing the bow into pressing L2 instead of holding it and I didn't like it so I turned it off

It does do that, yeah. That's the main drawback (:haw:), needing to toggle both L2 and R2 to fire the bow. I didn't have Concentration at the time but I imagine it also means toggling R3 as well.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/over-100-hours-of-gameplay-threatens-new-game/

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

what's the word on PSVR and the PS5? Pretty sure my headset is ok, but the hardware piece with the HDMI connections is busted. Not sure I can buy them separately? It's also the first gen one. Considering one used, but might just wait if there's a reason to.

FWIW I do have a PS4 camera already

No real word officially other than them saying it'll be compatible. I have not seen breakout boxes sold separately.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Killed the Valkyrie queen, took a lot of attempts lol close to the platinum but ugh ravens and nippleheim

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpNAKDx4CwY

This legitimately makes Shenmue III look like the worst game ever made.

Like I knew the game was disappointing but :stare:...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Fix posted:

No real word officially other than them saying it'll be compatible. I have not seen breakout boxes sold separately.

I think Sony's said PSVR2 is coming at some point after PS5. IMO I'm just waiting for that rather than using PSVR1's clunky setup.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

punk rebel ecks posted:

It was? I knew there was a whole lotta hype forever then...nothing

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I had the Ultimate edition of AC Origins in my cart for $19.99 and I went to buy it today and it was back to $99. I'm bummed I didn't grab it when it was cheap. I figured it was part of the summer sale and would be on sale for a bit.

Does it normally get discounted like that?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

punk rebel ecks posted:

This legitimately makes Shenmue III look like the worst game ever made.

The only bad thing about it was the combat, it was more Shenmue but people had forgotten that times had changed since 1999 and there are tons of wander around aimlessly and do poo poo games now also it ended on another cliffhanger lol.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I’m really getting into H:ZD. At first I was kinda put off by the sort of generic story beats and the crafting stuff but I’m almost to Meridian and just having a blast traversing the map. The world is gorgeous and varied, I was blown away when coming down the mountain and entering the desert, I had no idea there were different biomes in this game beyond mountain and foothills. I’m also getting a feel for combat and using all the different tools, which I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface of how to use them. I’m already level 20, which feels wrong since the main quest is level 12 but whatever, I’ve been having fun with the side stuff.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I liked Shenmue 3! Expectations were pretty low going in though, especially after playing through the first two beforehand and realising they didn't age well.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah I set it down at that point, might've been a year before I picked it back up to actually finish but I really enjoyed it when I did.

I played 5 minutes of Greedfall before I put DQ11 back in

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sakurazuka posted:

The only bad thing about it was the combat, it was more Shenmue but people had forgotten that times had changed since 1999 and there are tons of wander around aimlessly and do poo poo games now also it ended on another cliffhanger lol.

I still can't believe they had the hubris to do this after how Shenmue II ends and how long it took for a Shenmue III to happen :laffo:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Sakurazuka posted:

The only bad thing about it was the combat, it was more Shenmue but people had forgotten that times had changed since 1999 and there are tons of wander around aimlessly and do poo poo games now also it ended on another cliffhanger lol

I mean, I'm hardly the biggest Shenmue diehard (only dipped my toes in the original) but fans often praised the "engaging" story. And this one doesn't even have one.

Neo Rasa posted:

I still can't believe they had the hubris to do this after how Shenmue II ends and how long it took for a Shenmue III to happen :laffo:

It's MUCH worse than that. Click the link in this post. It just doesn't end in a cliffhanger, literally nothing happens. It's a giant filler episode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've played the game I don't need to watch a YouTube video to form an opinion on it thanks

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Neo Rasa posted:

It's pretty incredible the balls on that guy after he had to crowdsource the funding for this one.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Colonel Whitey posted:

I’m really getting into H:ZD. At first I was kinda put off by the sort of generic story beats and the crafting stuff but I’m almost to Meridian and just having a blast traversing the map. The world is gorgeous and varied, I was blown away when coming down the mountain and entering the desert, I had no idea there were different biomes in this game beyond mountain and foothills. I’m also getting a feel for combat and using all the different tools, which I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface of how to use them. I’m already level 20, which feels wrong since the main quest is level 12 but whatever, I’ve been having fun with the side stuff.
HZD definitely starts off pretty slow. When I was playing the first hour or so, I was not that into it, but once you leave Nora territory the game gets way more interesting and the story is great.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

punk rebel ecks posted:

I mean, I'm hardly the biggest Shenmue diehard (only dipped my toes in the original) but fans often praised the "engaging" story. And this one doesn't even have one.

It's MUCH worse than that. Click the link in this post. It just doesn't end in a cliffhanger, literally nothing happens. It's a giant filler episode.

Uh yeah that is crazy hosed up. I'm glad I skipped this one despite actually being a huge Shenmue (2 especially) die hard.

Shenmue 2 has you do a lot of errands and chores and searching for stuff but, and it's cool that the person notices this missing in what he shows of Shenmue III, 2's stuff did a great job all being thematically connected to building up Ryo and the personalities of the people around him in some way. Like even when you're just dusting the temple everything feels like Ryo is maturing as a person on some level and learning more about the world. Shenmue 2 has secret techniques you can learn and stuff too but stuff is introduced in cool ways that build him (and the folks that show him stuff) up as characters.

Like Shenmue 1 was it's cool own thing but I was actively hoping for the folks he meets in Shenmue 2 to all be back in some way besides Ren because he really does like get to know and make friends and allies and enemies throughout Hong Kong in that game.

I'll still play 3 eventually I was holding off til it was very very cheap because I'd heard so many bad things about it, but it's frustrating to see the narrative is going to be so lacking since I cared about stuff like that a lot more than the combat.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 25, 2020

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I really didn't mind the lack of story progression in Shenmue 3 but the two halves of the game having the exact same story arc felt insanely lazy. I still enjoyed my time in its world but I got very sick of winning fights that I would then immediately lose in the cutscene that followed.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

lordfrikk posted:

Ghost of Tsushima is too long. I'm not sure how much left but I'd say they should've cut the top part completely and maybe half of the second. Maybe even the second completely. So far the north is really boring.

I more or less agree. I did everything but the last 8-14 hours were kind of a drag. Pretty much all open world games that have come out lately would be better served if they were smaller and had less to do.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

My trans sister just finished TLOU2 and sent me an excited message about how happy she was to see positive trans representation in the game... in Abby. She didn't clock that Lev was trans at all.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 25, 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahahahah. you have to really actively not be paying attention to miss that

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

I more or less agree. I did everything but the last 8-14 hours were kind of a drag. Pretty much all open world games that have come out lately would be better served if they were smaller and had less to do.

The quests are fine but some of it needed to be tapered back, like there's so many Fox Dens and after Act 1 they're just a short jog to the shrine.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Necrothatcher posted:

My trans sister just finished TLOU2 and sent me an excited message about how happy she was to see positive trans representation in the game... in Abby. She didn't clock that Lev was trans at all.

I have a friend who thought Abby was Joel’s daughter.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Necrothatcher posted:

LMBO

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

punk rebel ecks posted:

Holy gently caress.

I'm losing my goddamn mind just watching this.

Arist posted:

Beat FFVIIR, Nomura you crazy bastard I love you

incredibly :same:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

As someone that played shenmue 1 and 2 a year ago on my ps4 and thinking this isn't so bad, shenmue 3 sounds like a giant disappointment. I can't imagine what it's like after 19 years but probably most of those fans have given up to despair and just appreciate it happened at all.

I'll probably get it when it drops down to like ten bucks just to experience it myself.