Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1287207925954547712

I am delighted to find out just how the legal recourse OptimusDeadpool against Ren would have for their colorist quitting of her own free will if she decided she didn't want to work for a hate group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
At first I thought it was one of those cases where someone uses multiple photo references that don't match or aren't aligned to the final image, like the infamous Captain America, but I realized it would take at least 12 separate photo references to do that with the angles and curves and...shapes...happening there, so idk.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I feel like they had decent photo ref, or something for the top.. and then, once they got to the waist just went, "gently caress it. Good enough." Threw in some hips, tossed on some legs.. made that thigh gap extra large, because that's what the boys like.. and.. yeah, who cares. They're only looking at the tits, the rest is superfluous. Two over cooked hotdogs for legs, flaps for feet, call it woman.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
A friend posted when I shared this: Whoa. Yeah like they started drawing two different directions and decided on neither lmao

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Doesn't help that that is the most awkward flying pose, too. She's flying sideways while looking over her shoulder...

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So uh, the Jae Lee situation has taken kind of a turn:
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jae-lee-to-tom-king-were-not-all-good/

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Well that's upsetting

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Could someone explain the “tortures brown people” remark from the last page? I genuinely don’t know what it refers to and don’t want that in my search bar.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I was focused on the spine but man EVERYTHING about that lower half is wrong.

It's not even the traditional "twisting the spine so she can show her boobs and butt at the same time" problem, this is just... nothing connects like it should.

In other news, apparently Jeph Loeb, in addition to not being very good, is a racist:
https://twitter.com/MrNiceGuy18_58/status/1287401527812993024

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Could someone explain the “tortures brown people” remark from the last page? I genuinely don’t know what it refers to and don’t want that in my search bar.

Tom King, prior to writing comics, worked for the CIA. He has been cagey about what exactly he did in the CIA other than "counterterrorism missions in Iraq and Afghanistan" which have led people to speculate as to what exactly he did, or in the case of Abhay Kholsa, how maybe he made it all up Micah Ian Wright style.

To clarify I don't think he made up his resume, but I also have no idea what he actually did in the CIA. I think it's entirely possible he never personally tortured anyone but he was presumably working in league with torturers, given the timeline. Which is also very bad. I do not want to be called a Chud yet again and let anyone imply I think that working for the CIA in Iraq/Afghanistan is a super cool job as long as you're not personally holding the car battery terminals.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 26, 2020

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Okay, thanks. I’ll be skipping his Mister Miracle (heard it was good but who cares if he’s got this BS going on) and hoping it’s not drawn upon for the upcoming Fourth World film.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
I can't imagine the film would, his Mister Miracle run wasn't continuity heavy but did rely on the reader having a pretty solid knowledge base of the 4th world characters.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

King worked for the CIA so ipso facto he is a war criminal.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm inconsolable over the weird line running down the bottom of her leotard. It looks like a cameltoe at a glance, and once you realise that it's not there is no clear alternative explanation as to what it is supposed to be. :psyduck:

Maybe she bought her outfit from a Halloween store and never ironed it.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

Dreqqus posted:

You'd think he'd be better at intelligence gathering :thunk:

Considering the blowback we're seeing, I'd say this is on par.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Okay, thanks. I’ll be skipping his Mister Miracle (heard it was good but who cares if he’s got this BS going on) and hoping it’s not drawn upon for the upcoming Fourth World film.

He's co-writing the film with Ava DuVernay.

Mister Miracle is stellar, so if you can check it out from a library, I'd still recommend it, even if you don't want to support his work with your wallet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tom King wrote a tweet calling him part of comicsgate before he even bothered to reach out or look into things. BC got a hold of Lee pretty quick to find out his stance. That original tweet calling Jae Lee part of a hate group is still up.

Tom King went about this in a lovely way and hasn't done enough to rectify his original accusation.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I can imagine the opportunity cost analysis going through Tom King's head must have been a whirlwind in the moment. If Lee was signaling tacit approval of CG, then King's rabblerousing and public signaling against Lee would enshrine him in some people's good graces. "Excuse me KING, you dropped this," as people offer him a meme crown. "Thanks for using your white male privilege and industry clout to get rid of the nasty CGer in our midst. Now that's what I call allyship! What the gently caress has Jeff Lemire done for anyone lately?"

Instead, he made the call in haste - worse, he should have called Lee first to settle things in private before sounding the horn on twitter. Now people - many of whom in bad faith, by the sounds of it - are painting Tom King as some self-appointed destroyer of careers, when I have no doubt there was a tidal wave of pressure from fans, journalists, and peers asking what he was going to do about Lee allowing the taint of CG to affect his Rorschach series that *check notes* everybody already agreed they hated.

Nobody wins. Another SDCC on the books.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Maxwell Lord posted:

In other news, apparently Jeph Loeb, in addition to not being very good, is a racist:

"There were three previous Marvel movies called Blade where Wesley Snipes kills 200 Asians each movie nobody gives a poo poo." Good lord, Loeb. What Blade movies did you watch? I knew he was the worst but now he's actually the worst.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Maxwell Lord posted:

I was focused on the spine but man EVERYTHING about that lower half is wrong.

It's not even the traditional "twisting the spine so she can show her boobs and butt at the same time" problem, this is just... nothing connects like it should.

So I guess Luke Cage & Cloak & Dagger were flukes.

Or he's just racist against Asians.

Either way, he sucks!

Edit: I guess the Karate Kid cosplay should have been a warning sign...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Gail Simone on Dynamite

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1287507752848244737?s=19

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s a really good book, and Tom King has been outspoken about being against Trump and what he’s been doing with federal troops on American soil if that helps.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

The upper body: okay. Not perfect, but you probably wouldn't spend much time either admiring or critiquing it.

Once it gets to the waist though... yikes. Nothing about the lower body makes sense.

Once they drew the boobs they got too excited and hosed the rest of the body up.

Just full on went like the wolf from the red riding hood Tex Avery short

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yvonmukluk posted:

Edit: I guess the Karate Kid cosplay should have been a warning sign...

Aw, now, I bet Akira Yoshida loved it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

JordanKai posted:

I'm inconsolable over the weird line running down the bottom of her leotard. It looks like a cameltoe at a glance, and once you realise that it's not there is no clear alternative explanation as to what it is supposed to be. :psyduck:

Maybe she bought her outfit from a Halloween store and never ironed it.

Yikes, you are right.

That's an artist that could pull decent stuff with actual good anatomy if they stopped listening to the usual gator yes-men. Like, their fake praising is worse than the poo poo I've seen in deviantart or facebook art groups. I mean, I've seen a gently caress ton of artists in twitter that are thirsty as hell, and even if they draw weird fetishes, they nail the anatomy of a human body just fine. So being super horny is not an excuse for bad art.

Edit: Reading the comments I see a lot of people saying it looks as the artists used an action figure as a reference. And I'm starting to think that yes, the legs look as of those old dolls where the legs were attached to the sides of the hips. Eek. Search real people photos and get back to art school!

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 27, 2020

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

PenguinKnight posted:

Once they drew the boobs they got too excited and hosed the rest of the body up.

That why you draw the boobs last. Every artist knows this.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

"There were three previous Marvel movies called Blade where Wesley Snipes kills 200 Asians each movie nobody gives a poo poo." Good lord, Loeb. What Blade movies did you watch? I knew he was the worst but now he's actually the worst.

I cannot be more confused by this. I only saw Blade 1 through, but I don't remember this weird Asian-killing spree. I remember him killing vampires! Does he have vampires and Asians mixed up?

And it had a teaser at the end that indicated the next movie was in Russia, like what the hell??

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Midnight Voyager posted:

I cannot be more confused by this. I only saw Blade 1 through, but I don't remember this weird Asian-killing spree. I remember him killing vampires! Does he have vampires and Asians mixed up?

And it had a teaser at the end that indicated the next movie was in Russia, like what the hell??

Well, there were some Asian stunt people I think. And Donnie Yen was in the second one. That's... about it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Midnight Voyager posted:

There was no plan to make Blade 2 when they made Blade 1. This wasn't just before MCU, Blade was the first Marvel movie to achieve anything other than derision. The "teaser" at the end is just Blade fulfilling his promise to kill that vampire later.

It's been a while since I saw it, but there are a couple of Asian vampires in Blade at least. Nothing like a spree though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Does... does Loeb think that Asians are all vampires?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Or maybe all vampires are Asian

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Jedit posted:

It's been a while since I saw it, but there are a couple of Asian vampires in Blade at least. Nothing like a spree though.
It's an especially weird claim because there's a part in the first movie where Blade fights his way through a Japanese nightclub to get to one of Frost's familiars, but it's one of the rare occasions in the movie where Blade kills absolutely no one

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Loeb is the producer on Agents of Shield and that show has had two asians on the main cast since the beginning, so this sounds a little odd.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Oasx posted:

Loeb is the producer on Agents of Shield and that show has had two asians on the main cast since the beginning, so this sounds a little odd.

He's an EP which says nothing about his actual involvement in the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He's an EP which says nothing about his actual involvement in the show.

He's been at the SDCC panels and the cast all seem very familiar and friendly with him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oasx posted:

I said it in the other thread, but Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen along with Jeffrey Bell are the main people behind SHIELD. Loeb was there for them to consult with. Maurissa is Asian-American, so that is likely going to be why he didn't say anything like that around them.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Internet Wizard posted:

Or maybe all vampires are Asian

I don't remember any hopping vampires in the Blade movies, although I guess it's been a while since I saw them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

He's been at the SDCC panels and the cast all seem very familiar and friendly with him.

Well, they are actors.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

It behooves an abuser to have people who will vouch for them when they get caught being abusive.

It’s telling that Loeb, who had plenty of experience as a producer at that point, felt comfortable enough to outright say what he said instead of “I don’t think people cared as much about (character) or (storyline)” which still could have garnered accusations but at least provided him a veneer of innocence of his unconscious bias.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

He's co-writing the film with Ava DuVernay.

Mister Miracle is stellar, so if you can check it out from a library, I'd still recommend it, even if you don't want to support his work with your wallet.

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s a really good book, and Tom King has been outspoken about being against Trump and what he’s been doing with federal troops on American soil if that helps.

I want to support DuVernay at least. It doesn’t help I’m foolishly protective of Kirby’s Fourth World because I read it at a critical time in my life and I’m not looking forward to the ridiculous claims and takes people are going to make when the world at large learns who these characters are. Silly, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The last page of each issue has a quote from Kirby’s original run on Mister Miracle. The old fashioned bombast punctuates the uneasiness of Scott’s predicament. I hope a New Gods movie could be half as good as the book, but it’s a real toss up with DC’s film output.