Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Loser behaviour.

https://twitter.com/alanisnking/status/1287191143600607233?s=19

quote:

Was thinking about this today: A year ago, I was the only woman driving a KTM X-Bow Comp R at Sonoma. Dude immediately comes up: “You know this only comes in a manual, right?”

“Yes.” (There’s a DSG, but I did not want to engage.)

“Do you know how to drive a manual?”

“Yes.”

He did not ask the men that, that I heard. Assigned seating put us across from each other at dinner. He asked if I’d ever driven on track before.

“The last time I was on track was actually at Shanghai International.”

“And that car was an automatic?”

“No. It was a stick.”

We probably talked for more than an hour that night, because dinner and all.

The next morning, he sat with me at breakfast. He promptly confused me for the only other woman on the trip: a representative for KTM. We looked nothing alike.

Oh also it was Randy Pobst

I want to underscore that aside from the words themselves, the way I was spoken to and looked at during all of my interactions with him was as if I was both a child and an inferior being. The tone, the expressions, the questions — it was very demeaning. Don’t do this to women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
That sounds unfortunate but she's also a professional Gawker media drama queen so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Throatwarbler posted:

That sounds unfortunate but she's also a professional Gawker media drama queen so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Weird comment to put on a site currently still owned by someone who hits women.

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Weird comment to put on a site currently still owned by someone who hits women.

Lowtax being poo poo and Gawker not being a reliable source aren't mutually exclusive

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Gawker is still around? I thought Hulk Hogan sued them into oblivion

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Gawker is dead and has been sold to one of those soulless media conglomerates owned by Trump sycophants who are doing their best to kill off the various sites that used to be part of Gawker. I assume Deadspin is still ironically dead or did they find a bunch of scabs to “just stick to sports”?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

Gawker is dead and has been sold to one of those soulless media conglomerates owned by Trump sycophants who are doing their best to kill off the various sites that used to be part of Gawker. I assume Deadspin is still ironically dead or did they find a bunch of scabs to “just stick to sports”?

They try to do the same thing they used to but it’s not very good.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The former Gawker sites are owned by Univision now.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Am I microwaved, or does that look pretty good?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Kinda owns, the TVR Sagaris style side exits are almost cool. Dig the front end more than I should.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Throatwarbler posted:

Do you think she's lying?

Or are you just asking questions

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Holy poo poo. It looks like it got caught in a crusher for 10 seconds.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The Door Frame posted:

Am I microwaved, or does that look pretty good?

The roof line kinda throws it off and makes it look cheaper, but the front and back do look really cool.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I am amused that this is registered as a motorcycle (see license plate) despite being larger and heavier than the bro-est of bro-dozers.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I will give it a few points for the Detroit Diesel, as I have a soft spot for those.

But I will subtract about a million points because, just, come on. What the hell is wrong with boomers?

Now if it had a *real* Detroit, like a 12V92 instead of that pussy 6...

xzzy posted:

Some idiot saw the reliant robin and went "dying in a rollover sure looks fun, let's make it a sure thing."

And doubled down on it by making it a live axle with no diff, so it looooooves to go straight, especially with just the one wheel in front, at a low pressure, and off the ground half the time. there was a definitely technique in making them turn.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

The back end looks like someone pressed too hard with a rolling pin and squeezed it to nothing.

Also is the bottom exhaust on each side connected to nothing but... each other?

The front looks kinda aggressive in a "chopped to poo poo" kinda way but overall hard pass.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's not terrible.....would be better than driving around a Vette Cart.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tire selfie!

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

He's almost done with the tread correction. Ceramic coat tomorrow!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Powershift posted:

Tire selfie!

the riding will be shiny and chrome, yes, but probably not very eternal

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Well that's loving super unfortunate I liked Randy :/

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Randy should never leave the US where the rest of the world mostly know how to drive stick so all those women he meets can likely do so and * pooooffsshhh*

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

maybe the only lewd pickup line he knows relies on teaching someone to drive stick

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Throatwarbler posted:

The former Gawker sites are were owned by Univision now.

Some venture capital outfit has them now, but enough about that poo poo.

Now this....I don't know how I should feel about this. It's :q:, :stare: and :frogon: at the same time.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

This, whatever the gently caress it is besides a Mad Max movie prototype, is definitely wrong thread.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

It's loving awful. All the benefits of a motorcycle aside from handling, acceleration and braking. Makes you look a right dropkick as well.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ili posted:

It's loving awful. All the benefits of a motorcycle aside from handling, acceleration and braking. Makes you look a right dropkick as well.

perhaps, but I'd gladly cruise around the post-apocalyptic desert wasteland of 2022 in the thing, preferably after the paint rotted off and it's just all rust. :black101:

the cross and spots for the 10 commandments on the back could even be repurposed for my wasteland death cult, how convenient!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ili posted:

It's loving awful.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

perhaps, but I'd gladly cruise around the post-apocalyptic desert wasteland of 2022 in the thing, preferably after the paint rotted off and it's just all rust. :black101:

the cross and spots for the 10 commandments on the back could even be repurposed for my wasteland death cult, how convenient!

No protection from the sun, sandstorms, or war boys. Single front wheel would give you at best lovely handling. You'd be roadkill in no time.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

To be fair, anything that big, tall and heavy is going to have lovely handling

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Kenworth trike beats church trike all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7rCOiNxHLg

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

gently caress, now I want a Warhammer 40k Church Trike

A gothic cathedral on 3 wheels.

wontondestruction
Dec 3, 2012

I'm a piece of human waste who supports a culture of using gendered slurs, that leads to 78.1% of women in STEM fields experiencing sexual harassment
https://i.imgur.com/nVbkeqR.mp4

I am simultaneously impressed, laughing, throwing up, and vexed. My only addition to this thread is that his legs are FULL RACE. I have been looking at the abortion for so long, the operator escaped me.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

NoWake posted:

Kenworth trike beats church trike all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7rCOiNxHLg

Better video with more detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcC90TCF1zI

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

There was that episode of monster garage where they built a trike around a semi truck engine. It looked better than that thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G51rWnnUuZs

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Following this trajectory you can easily see that the less truck there is in the final trike the better the result.

Church trike 90/10 truck to engine, lame
Kenworth trike 50/50 truck to engine, cool
Monster garage trike 1/99 truck to engine, awesome

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 27, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

𝑜𝑜𝑓

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Memento posted:

𝑜𝑜𝑓

Thats not too bad, its just that camo they use in pre-produc- oh my god

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Night Danger Moose posted:

Thats not too bad, its just that camo they use in pre-produc- oh my god

there is no god here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

some kinda weird Rocket Bunny kit for a Vette?