Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
This season is so good!

Also, since Endgame ruined the Sousa/Carter relationship, I am all for Sousa/Daisy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I don't really see age being an issue between Daisy and Sousa, since they never made it a thing about it anyway.

Sousa likes Daisy because she shares the same badass qualities he saw in Peggy, and Daisy likes that he supports her because of those qualities.

Age between two consenting adults is only ever an issue if either of them only have a thing for younger/older people, that's it.

Also, what is this ship being called? Sousy? Doozy?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Someone upthread mentioned he took a load of other gigs when the show looked like it was heading for cancellation, so its just a scheduling thing. From wikipedia he's got two TV shows and a short-film out this year.

Yeah and it also seemed that them filming 7 right after 6 caused conflicts. He will be in the show, but probably not until the last few episodes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

OB_Juan posted:

Eh, maybe Coulson could work in the movies. It would be fun to see Mack and Yo-Yo show up in a movie, but explaining the Shotgun Axe might be a big ask for a side character.

It would? "It's a shotgun-axe. Started as a joke but I actually like it."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

ApeHawk posted:

I don't really see age being an issue between Daisy and Sousa, since they never made it a thing about it anyway.

Sousa likes Daisy because she shares the same badass qualities he saw in Peggy, and Daisy likes that he supports her because of those qualities.

Age between two consenting adults is only ever an issue if either of them only have a thing for younger/older people, that's it.

Also, what is this ship being called? Sousy? Doozy?

Mary Sousy Poots.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It wouldn't be hard to transition any of the characters from the show back into the movies. Either do a new SHIELD movie starring Samuel L. Jackson, or another movie similar to Winter Soldier where SHIELD heavily figures into the plot. Just have a brief intro for Daisy and what she's all about, and explain that Coulson's still dead but he's a robot now. I don't really see them wanting to transition the rest of the supporting cast into the movies though, except possibly May. There are already a ton of supporting characters to keep track of.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't think any of the characters are unable to fit in any MCU movie. Coulson coming back in Thor 4 would be solid, because you can do some closure on Thor's guilt for letting him die the first time.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I don't want them in the movies because they'll be used as cannon fodder... or hey, that means they can use Davis and just have him keep coming back and letting the audience just narrowly miss the story of how he escaped Galactus eating a planet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think they'd be cannon fodder.

Chloe Bennet is exactly who you want to have involved in things. I can see her in moves or a Disney+ series continuing on with Quake.

Clark Gregg was already cannon fodder and that didn't stick. Ming Na is a good name.

Outside of them I could see FitzSimmons getting cameos or being brought back for a larger role if someone wanted.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Chloe Bennet should be Chelli Lona Aphra and that’s that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gonz posted:

Chloe Bennet should be Chelli Lona Aphra and that’s that.

Yeah I'm good with her playing Dr. Aphra and Quake!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I'm good with her playing Dr. Aphra and Quake!

Both.gif

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
It's especially great when you realize Daisy had to convince everybody that they were in a time loop, and she had to explain this many, many times. She probably had her spiel memorized and fully efficient by the time she was done.

GUYS, BLAH BLAH TIME LOOP, BLAH BLAH HERE'S PROOF, OK NOW FOLLOW MY VERY EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I don't think she had to do much convincing at all, really. The few people she told took it in stride, and at the end all she had to do was say "trust me" and everyone stopped and let her take over. Jemma probably just needed an extra jolt of phlebotinum to convince her that removing the implant was necessary.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CornHolio posted:

It's especially great when you realize Daisy had to convince everybody that they were in a time loop, and she had to explain this many, many times. She probably had her spiel memorized and fully efficient by the time she was done.

GUYS, BLAH BLAH TIME LOOP, BLAH BLAH HERE'S PROOF, OK NOW FOLLOW MY VERY EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS.
They showed that repeatedly with the phlebotinum moment. Which was cute, because that's a term the Buffy writer's room used for a magical whatever device that served a plot purpose and since the Buffy writers spread out to all the other writing rooms, the term is pretty popular now.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Give me a Kyle MacLachlan cameo. You monsters. You maniacs.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

They showed that repeatedly with the phlebotinum moment. Which was cute, because that's a term the Buffy writer's room used for a magical whatever device that served a plot purpose and since the Buffy writers spread out to all the other writing rooms, the term is pretty popular now.

::Shh::

Half this show's writers are Buffy / Angel writers, including the guy who wrote this ep.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I think I said so in this thread, but my mom has been binging the show while my step dad recovers from heart surgery. I was visiting over the weekend and she just finished season 6. She should catch up by next week, but cant wait for her to get to the moat recent episode. She is a sci fi novice so any trope will blow her mind, and a time loop and Enoch death is gonna send her.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
This new Mallick's goon squad really feel like they're coming out of the Season 2 jobbers list. I hope they get stomped soon.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'd also like to note, I really like the change in tone after Daisy realizes that Enoch has to be sacrificed. The somber music, how calm she is as she tells everybody that things are going to be alright and to meet in the LMD control room, her accepting reaction to Deke saying they were less than one kilometer away... that gets me more than Enoch actually dying. It's some great acting and some great directing (is this Jemma's directing debut??? She has a future ahead of her.) and really conveys the gravity of what's happening.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Edmund Lava posted:

Endless Eight

So the answer is no, there has never been a bad time loop story.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Jetfire posted:

This new Mallick's goon squad really feel like they're coming out of the Season 2 jobbers list. I hope they get stomped soon.

it would be kind of great if they keep building up to a big showdown and then when it happens Daisy just immediately says "screw this" and quakes them into the atmosphere

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The interesting thing is that I believe due to time shenanigans, Malick has had the quake powers longer than Daisy (he's at around 10 years, she's closer to maybe 5?). Might complicate things in a fight, though obviously I would love it if she just annihilates him immediately.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CornHolio posted:

I'd also like to note, I really like the change in tone after Daisy realizes that Enoch has to be sacrificed. The somber music, how calm she is as she tells everybody that things are going to be alright and to meet in the LMD control room, her accepting reaction to Deke saying they were less than one kilometer away... that gets me more than Enoch actually dying. It's some great acting and some great directing (is this Jemma's directing debut??? She has a future ahead of her.) and really conveys the gravity of what's happening.

This episode was Elizabeth Henstridge's first directing credit, yes. Really impressive, especially for a first timer. Though I felt like the editing was even more impressive. The way the episode was cut must have taken a lot of work, and a lot of takes to sort through. Imagine as an editor sorting through multiple takes of the same scenes that also take place in a specific chronological order. Of course there are markers for that, but if you find a take from a later scene that works better earlier, it must be overwhelming to keep track of it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

ShakeZula posted:

The interesting thing is that I believe due to time shenanigans, Malick has had the quake powers longer than Daisy (he's at around 10 years, she's closer to maybe 5?). Might complicate things in a fight, though obviously I would love it if she just annihilates him immediately.

Personally, I hope she just beats the hell out of him w/o powers. Or just shoots him?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Pretty sure Fitz is long dead and the memory block is there to keep Simmons functional.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

gey muckle mowser posted:

it would be kind of great if they keep building up to a big showdown and then when it happens Daisy just immediately says "screw this" and quakes them into the atmosphere sun

Fixed that for you.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The last shot of the show is a slow pan from Earth to a space graveyard of everyone Daisy had quaked off the planet.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

swickles posted:

The last shot of the show is a slow pan from Earth to a space graveyard of everyone Daisy had quaked off the planet.

I would have a lot of respect for the showrunners if they ended the show ala Nic Cage's Knowing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You mean Nic Cage's Next

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Azhais posted:

You mean Nic Cage's Next

Only SOME people died in Next.

E V E R Y B O D Y died in Knowing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, but with the next ending the final scene would just be Fitz saying "I made a mistake", reversing time, and walking over the the s1e1 storyboard to make a minor change before starting the whole thing over

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Yeah, but with the next ending the final scene would just be Fitz saying "I made a mistake", reversing time, and walking over the the s1e1 storyboard to make a minor change before starting the whole thing over

You'd get some Dark Tower level backlash for that

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just like Nic's career!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Christ, I had forgotten about the ending of Next.

Yeah, that would be white hot nuclear heat if they ended like that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Next was based on a short story from Philip K Dick and the story is actually pretty interesting. It takes place in a future where humanity keeps mutating due to a massive nuclear war and the government rounds up mutants. The main mutant of the story (which is technically Cage's character from Next) is described as an incredibly handsome golden man who doesn't talk but has the ability to see the future. When government scientists bring him in to study they discover that he isn't actually sapient and instead just reacts to external stimulus using his future sight to keep surviving. The story ends with him escaping from the government and some scientists musing about how his mutation will replace humanity because of how he's much better at surviving than baseline people.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Pretty sure Fitz is long dead and the memory block is there to keep Simmons functional.

Fitz spoke to Simmons (and everyone) in the finale. He said to tell them he's sorry.

Fitz is guiding them from somewhere and sometime where he's not safe.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I do not think Jemma would give Enoch strict instructions to kill people just to keep herself form finding that out.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The plot is resolved, but Fitz-Simmons have to sacrifice their marriage ala One More Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

SardonicTyrant posted:

The plot is resolved, but Fitz-Simmons have to sacrifice their marriage ala One More Day

Isn't that Fitz already dead anyway?