Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

LGD posted:

not afaik, unless you're talking about the -20% damage stims?

which are indeed nuts, but are only going to really affect a handful of low damage/high pen rounds that generally already relied on volume of fire and were already occasionally iffy vs. high-level head armor anyway, so I'd wait to see how that plays out (though I can definitely see people popping a lot of P22 and Meldonin regularly)

also the new tube is quite strong and is going to switch up some builds, making the m1a the even more obviously superior 7.62x51 semi option (can get it to 37 recoil) and shaving a bit more recoil off the FAL (which can now get down to 63)

M995 does 40 dmg, 20% reduction of that makes it 32 damage. The head has 35 hp

Shoot a dude between the eyes with m995, whether he dies or not is based on whether he has the buff from the magic potion going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

who cares the cheapest helmet you can buy can just randomly make a bullet disappear

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

LGD posted:

lmao these new ammo types

with 85 thorax HP mosin man may need to run 7n1, but they can also just start running the significantly cheaper VPO-215, because .366 AP is 90 damage, 42 pen (or the VPO-209 which is now basically a hunter with nastier ammo and 30 round magazines, though it's worth noting that it has horrible recoil before the ammo's penalties and modding it only has a modest impact)

So... just use the cheaper bolt action rifle for 1 hit kills? :wtf:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

hakimashou posted:

M995 does 40 dmg, 20% reduction of that makes it 32 damage. The head has 35 hp

Shoot a dude between the eyes with m995, whether he dies or not is based on whether he has the buff from the magic potion going

gosh, it's almost like that was exactly the sort of round/scenario I was describing?

I have relatively little interest in exacting headshot versimilitude, especially in a game that already has a few ammo types that also won't necessarily one-shot an unarmored head (flechette, all the 20x70 buckshot) and in regards to an ammo type that has long been noted for its failure to consistently headshot in some circumstances

the -20% damage stims are powerful and the resulting change to the relative power of some ammo types (including pushing a few below the OHK headshot breakpoint) is notable and worth discussing, but calling them "headshot immunity potions" is wildly misleading when they don't have that effect on almost all the ammunition in the game ("potentially saves you from a single round of a few highly specific ammo types generally associated with laser-accurate bullet hoses" doesn't have quite the same ring)

e:

Gabriel S. posted:

So... just use the cheaper bolt action rifle for 1 hit kills? :wtf:

basically, though note that despite the high numbers it doesn't really let you do anything you couldn't already do anyway - pretty sure there isn't any circumstance where it'll thorax OHK and 7n1 wouldn't (barring, maybe, an extremely specific range of partially damaged level 4 armor [which will still protect you from both if fresh]), so it just turns the .366 guns into rough equivalents of the mosin/SVD, with much lower upside but notable cost advantages

"low cost unmodded SVD" is still a pretty good place to be though

LGD fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 27, 2020

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
gonna get so many dang upvotes for that!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[wearing a bullet proof helmet which can also ricochet straight on shots from a sniper rifle with a gamer headset on that makes me hear better] that stim is magic

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

grenade launcher is insane btw

Do me a favor and post one of your highlight vids with nothing but grenade launcher kills, tia

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

[wearing a bullet proof helmet which can also ricochet straight on shots from a sniper rifle with a gamer headset on that makes me hear better] that stim is magic

FWIW the headset is a real thing, I have some in my range bag

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Ice Fist posted:

Do me a favor and post one of your highlight vids with nothing but grenade launcher kills, tia

they're so expensive rn though, i can go 3-5 raids w/o losing it but being unable to sell player gear on the flea nukes my profitability

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
drat i've ran though 5 launchers and i get the most absolutely bullshit kills in the world

i can hear someone around the corner and just lob one over and boom i instantly kill a guy

sucks that it's 100K a shot and 700k for the launcher.

e: the good ammo (2m ones) are 200k+ a pop now

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 28, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

going to go buy the irl headset that just makes my footsteps a deafening thud and nothing else

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Did they change the scav AI or something or does it just depend on the map? I got a trail key like a year and a half ago and they were mostly docile then but now they'll loving stalk me unprovoked, sprint into the room I'm in and dome me. I've died way more times to AI scavs than players

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

The AI has changed since the last update. SCAVs talk more, sprint, eat, drink, etc.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

they also hivemind suicide rush you, i literally just had to kill 12 scavs in 60 seconds (on factory), barely surviving and utilizing the PP19 i went into raid with, the SAIGA Shotgun i picked up off of a dead scav, and the pistol i took from some random pistoling.

i literally didn't have time to load more mags, and they pushed me into a corner where i couldn't escape, it was nutty

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I hope they don't roll back the SCAV Change. It's hilarious to see a group of SCAVs rush a player.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Gabriel S. posted:

I hope they don't roll back the SCAV Change. It's hilarious to see a group of SCAVs rush a player.

i love it, i've died several times today just to a FUCKTON of scavs sprinting at me in a loving banzai

i hope i get my 2 grenade launchers back in insurance :O

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

i love it, i've died several times today just to a FUCKTON of scavs sprinting at me in a loving banzai

i hope i get my 2 grenade launchers back in insurance :O

Can't scavs loot those now and start using them against players?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Umbreon posted:

Can't scavs loot those now and start using them against players?

i haven't heard anything about that, i fuckin' hope not.

not that it'd have ammo for it anyway, i keep the 200k a pop shots in my fuckin gamma

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

LGD posted:

it just turns the .366 guns into rough equivalents of the mosin/SVD, with much lower upside but notable cost advantages

"low cost unmodded SVD" is still a pretty good place to be though

actually, I'm gonna amend this a bit - the 209's overall recoil is poor but ultimately is still quite similar to the SVDS even when it's fully modded, but there's actually quite a big and notable difference in the ergo you can reasonably achieve due to normalish base ergo and being able to mount all the various AK furniture

I've been playing around with it and my allotments of .366 AP tonight and being able to achieve fairly good ergo (and not being quite as stupidly long) makes it feel quite a bit better when you're fighting at close quarters

accuracy is the other big difference of course but, while its probably a poor choice for Shooter Born in Heaven, being around the same as an SKS is more than adequate at this game's normal engagement ranges

it's not going to trump a tricked out m1a (now with 37 recoil!) as the best choice for high impact semi-auto spam, but thus far it's seemed like exactly what you want in a budget gun choice

animist
Aug 28, 2018
are the 366 bullets super slow? I thought they were but maybe that's not the case for the new ones

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

animist posted:

are the 366 bullets super slow? I thought they were but maybe that's not the case for the new ones

depends what you're comparing them to - they're sort of slow and it could be an issue for very long shots, but not slow in the way something like 9x39 is

Geska and FMJ are 550/580 respectively, EKO is 770, and AP is apparently 602

so EKO is towards the slower end of supersonic rifle rounds, while the rest generally sit somewhere between pistol rounds (5.7 and 4.6 excepted) and the slower rifle rounds (as points of comparison SP-5 is 290, 9x19 Pst Gzh is 457, 7.62 PS is 700, 5.45 BT is 880, and 855a1 is 945)

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

they also hivemind suicide rush you, i literally just had to kill 12 scavs in 60 seconds (on factory), barely surviving and utilizing the PP19 i went into raid with, the SAIGA Shotgun i picked up off of a dead scav, and the pistol i took from some random pistoling.

i literally didn't have time to load more mags, and they pushed me into a corner where i couldn't escape, it was nutty

they also seem to walk through doors 100% of the time on factory. I had 6 follow me through the gate 3 exit and 4 phase through the office doors. dunno if it's like that on other maps, though

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I have just witnessed 6 scavs assault some poor shmuck in the little white shack next to the car bridge on Customs. The final 2 bumrushed him, he killed one but I guess the wounds were too severe and now I am a proud owner of a AK105.

That's more scavs that I knew are in that general area, hot drat. Also now every scav is loaded with loot. They are both a blessing and a curse - they do bring items to you, but when you go for loose loot, like say Old Gas Station, it can be cleared before any players get there.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Kikas posted:

I have just witnessed 6 scavs assault some poor shmuck in the little white shack next to the car bridge on Customs. The final 2 bumrushed him, he killed one but I guess the wounds were too severe and now I am a proud owner of a AK105.

That's more scavs that I knew are in that general area, hot drat. Also now every scav is loaded with loot. They are both a blessing and a curse - they do bring items to you, but when you go for loose loot, like say Old Gas Station, it can be cleared before any players get there.

yikes scoob. that sounds terrible.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Pestily just used his Nikita hotline to clarify that they're going to change the new stim so the 20% damage reduction doesn't work for the head.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I really don't know if they were AI or player scavs, but we had 3 of them pincer my friend and I. My friend killed one and the other two took turns peeking and shooting while yelling scav poo poo. While that pincer seemed like a player move, the weird thing was both of them wiggled at me while they shot me. I really have no idea if they were players or not, and honestly I kind of love that.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ChesterJT posted:

Pestily just used his Nikita hotline to clarify that they're going to change the new stim so the 20% damage reduction doesn't work for the head.

That's not how stoneskin potions work though.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Goddamn the new Customs area is busy. I've yet to go there and see less then 6 bodies all over the place. I also join the corpse pile 100%, some people already know crazy angles.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kikas posted:

Goddamn the new Customs area is busy. I've yet to go there and see less then 6 bodies all over the place. I also join the corpse pile 100%, some people already know crazy angles.

While it is super busy, the area is really awesome. I went there as a scav yesterday and left with a pilgrim bag filled with poo poo. Not needing to head by the gas station made extracting from there a lot easier as well.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kikas posted:

My group barely ran across anyone there last night. We'd sit in the big building the middle since anyone moving towards it is dead, see nothing, and then head to the dorms which would still be littered with bodies.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

so from my research, it seems that if you end up being the LAST pmc in a raid every remaining scav in the area rushes you, and a ton spawn over the next 20 seconds. If you go in with a friend and you kill the other pmcs and he extracts, they rush me every time. also every once in a while if you kill a scav, they all rush you too

on factory, it's pretty much the entire raid. i've ended factory raids with 30+ scav kills. it's so fuckin' fun

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

LGD posted:

actually, I'm gonna amend this a bit - the 209's overall recoil is poor but ultimately is still quite similar to the SVDS even when it's fully modded

This is a fantastic loadout but more importantly. Cheap.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

on factory, it's pretty much the entire raid. i've ended factory raids with 30+ scav kills. it's so fuckin' fun

I hate how as a player scav you hear shots and a lot of them just crouch down and look around. It's like hey fucker you know where that came from, go gently caress some poo poo up. Makes the most sense on factory being a small map.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

so i have 11 grenade launchers i bought in my inventory with a couple that might come in via insurance.

i think it's time to rmt them for 20 bucks a pop

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

also with the addition of all the new stims labs is generally much easier to get into, i've yet to use one of those one use bluecards to access the janitors' closet across from green, but i'm kinda pissed they locked that room cause that was THE best place to camp when in doubt

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

so from my research, it seems that if you end up being the LAST pmc in a raid every remaining scav in the area rushes you, and a ton spawn over the next 20 seconds. If you go in with a friend and you kill the other pmcs and he extracts, they rush me every time. also every once in a while if you kill a scav, they all rush you too

:allears:

I need to try this later.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it's stupid loving effective at night time, the scavs drop better loot, pscavs are nearly a non issue, and there seems to be no end to them. i've ended raid with 42 kills, almost all of them being scavs

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Mesadoram posted:

:allears:

I need to try this later.

it's nuts. i had a round last night where I got 22 kills and there was absolutely no one else, scav or player, left on the map when I extracted. It got to the point where I ran out of ammo on the gun I brought in and kept having to pick up guns off of scavs I had just killed because I didn't have enough time to loot their magazines before the next few scavs would come running at me.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

What's the radius on the rushing? Like, under what variables does it all kick off?

My Tarkov knowledge is limited at best since I'm like, level 11.

I know all the things like LOS aggro breaking and so on - have they changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well if it's like Marked and Cursed, it's map-wide :v: