Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

PETA is a psyop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
PETA isn't a psyop but they aren't a particularly accurate or widespread representation of vegetarians or vegans

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

PETA isn't a psyop but they aren't a particularly accurate or widespread representation of vegetarians or vegans

They were never meant to be and had nothing to do with diet?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

No they are a psyop. They're funded or set up or at least in some way supported by the CIA to discredit environmentalism and veganism. And they've been incredibly successful.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Al Jaffee was one of the greatest visionaries of our times.

I will hunt you down if you scare me like that again, Jerry Cotton.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Gripweed posted:

No they are a psyop. They're funded or set up or at least in some way supported by the CIA to discredit environmentalism and veganism. And they've been incredibly successful.

This would make them the first successful psyop!

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

I thought this was the unpopular opinion thread, not 'post your favorite batshit conspiracy theory' :confused:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aramek posted:

This would make them the first successful psyop!

the "The CIA are bunglers who mess everything up, they're too incompetent to do any real conspiracies!" myth is a psyop

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

ishikabibble posted:

I thought this was the unpopular opinion thread, not 'post your favorite batshit conspiracy theory' :confused:

I thought "batshit conspiracy theories" were unpopular opinions. :confused:

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 13:00 on Jul 28, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I thought "batshit conspiracy theories" were unpopular opinions. :confused:

Or are they unpopular facts???

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Whey protein powder in oatmeal is gross and I don't understand how people eat it regularly.

It tastes like chocolate flavored playdoh.

Savory oats with meat, vegetables and salt/pepper/garlic is superior in every way to the sugary slop most people eat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elissimpark posted:

I will hunt you down if you scare me like that again, Jerry Cotton.

If new "X solutions to Y problems" type of picture articles by Jaffee are still being published somewhere, let me know.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If new "X solutions to Y problems" type of picture articles by Jaffee are still being published somewhere, let me know.

He recently retired, at the age of 99. So there's not going to be any new material, but his body of work really is evergreen. There are scans of some of his MAD paperbacks at the Internet Archive.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Oats make me fart too much

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Alsatian pretzels are the only kind worth eating

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Wind Waker or Majora's Mask. One started with link on a horse or something.

Didn't like the game, thought it was confusing and bad. I returned it back to blockbuster and went back to playing Command and Conquer.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It's bad to be an introvert

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well duh

imagine hanging out with randos and benefiting from nepotism and actually ENJOYING it, what a life

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I really want a comedy based on all the CIA’s ridiculously over the top ideas to kill Fidel Castro.

Yeah, try and blow up a giant clam to kill him while he’s scuba diving, that’ll really work.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Vandar posted:

I really want a comedy based on all the CIA’s ridiculously over the top ideas to kill Fidel Castro.

Yeah, try and blow up a giant clam to kill him while he’s scuba diving, that’ll really work.

Okay let's pretend you and a close knit group of guys are in charge of a massive cocaine operation. Also you have zero oversight and literally no one is looking over your shoulder. No expectations or accountability. Every now and then you are given bonkers missions but will never actually have to accomplish them. Also you are given unlimited money - again, with no one following where it goes.

I am convinced the late 50's - 70's CIA was just like hollywood of the same time period. Just a bunch of insular weirdos flying on cocaine all the time coming up with stupid ideas and throwing blank checks at every single one.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i hate stories with "alternate timelines" its cliched and stupid and lazy

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Vandar posted:

The first level of the first CODBLOPS game has you going to kill Castro, but it turns out you killed a body double, you get captured and shipped to Vorkuta in Siberia and stage a massive :black101: breakout.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Oats make me fart too much

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Manager Hoyden posted:

Okay let's pretend you and a close knit group of guys are in charge of a massive cocaine operation. Also you have zero oversight and literally no one is looking over your shoulder. No expectations or accountability. Every now and then you are given bonkers missions but will never actually have to accomplish them. Also you are given unlimited money - again, with no one following where it goes.

I am convinced the late 50's - 70's CIA was just like hollywood of the same time period. Just a bunch of insular weirdos flying on cocaine all the time coming up with stupid ideas and throwing blank checks at every single one.

“Ah poo poo we’ve got an extra million we haven’t spent yet. If we don’t use it they’ll probably cut the budget next year. Uh, gently caress. Uh, ok why don’t we surgically implant a tape recorder in a cat or something.”

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Isn't that just Archer post ISIS?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shibawanko posted:

i hate stories with "alternate timelines" its cliched and stupid and lazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNgbZMEr8FA

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Athleisure looks loving awful, and is just another footnote in the story of humanity’s evolution into fleshy sentient blobs.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

alright yeah there are exceptions but i think this is only true if its Evil

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Pastry of the Year posted:

He recently retired, at the age of 99. So there's not going to be any new material, but his body of work really is evergreen. There are scans of some of his MAD paperbacks at the Internet Archive.

He's a treasure.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

I remember this, it's the one where they go back in time to fight the nazi aliens. :D

Manager Hoyden posted:

Yeah, also they killed JFK because he wanted to do something about it.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 15:37 on Jul 30, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama is overrated & cloying.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
All of Futurama is meh at best.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I watched a lot of Futurama at a shared flat at uni and i laughed exactly once in one of the early episodes where the squid doctor mininterprits something Fry said.

I was mostly constantly stoned back then and even then that show was dire

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

The Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama is overrated & cloying.

Cloying is exactly the correct word for it. Not to mention most people have lost pets, so it's a real safe bet that making an episode about a pet dying and really loving their owner is a super easy way to score emotional points. So it's kind of lazy on top of it all.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's funny when fry sings walking on sunshine

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

doverhog posted:

All of Futurama is meh at best.

I like pre-cancelation Futurama, but Jurassic Bark was by far my least favorite episode of that era. Also, I think I liked the idea of a holophoner more than I actually liked The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings, because I hate Fry & Leela as a couple.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I was mostly constantly stoned back then and even then that show was dire

See, when I'm stoned, I laugh really hard at even the slightest comedy. However, I had a minor freakout while watching Tom Goes to the Mayor with friends because they were laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world and I couldn't find any humor whatsoever in it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Even the worst futurama is still good, kiss my rear end!!

E: your opinions here in the unpopular opinion thread are still valid tho

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I have never heard of Tom goes to the Mayor but i had a very similar experience with Freddy got Fingered

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

Even the worst futurama is still good, kiss my rear end!!

I haven’t been able to get into the revival ones, but I think a large part of that is that I’m kind of expecting them to be disappointing.

Though the eye phone/Susan Boyle episode was dire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's okay the dog doesn't actually wait that long, Bender goes back in time and blows up Fry's apartment and the future gun he uses flash fossilizes the dog.