Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Go retro and take up DDR

Guy I know since the 90s grew calves like Popeye, he still has them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9BWjV52pfQ

heh

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Could one just walk around doing whatever while wearing a weight vest to simulate being a fat guy and thus gain their power?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

LordArgh posted:

Could one just walk around doing whatever while wearing a weight vest to simulate being a fat guy and thus gain their power?

Do you mean their power of juicy calves? Probably. But you would also need eat more than usual since your metabolism will think you're a fatso and you will have a higher NEAT.

As for evidence, this anecdotal test (in the reverse direction) worked quite well for a bodybuilder https://weightology.net/the-use-of-weighted-apparel-during-contest-prep/ .
He wore a weighted vest and added any weight he lost to stay at the same weight as when he started. So he was able to consume the same ammount of calories every day without needing to lower it due to metabolical adaption. According to him he wore the weights for 90% of the day.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Gonna to the gym today for the first time in 4 months

If I don't post again I died of rona

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Maybe you'll die folded under a heavy barbell instead!

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

my power rack is my zoom background

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Batterypowered7 posted:

Maybe you'll die folded under a heavy barbell instead!

We should all be so lucky.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Hit 9 pull-ups yesterday. 💪 My goal was 10 by the end of the month. Maybe I'll take a couple extra caffeine pills Friday and try to bang em out. If nothing else I can now do 3 sets in an hypertrophy range so hopefully that'll start paying off soon. My poor lats are lagging without a pulldown.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I take a preworkout with citrulline malate and I enjoy the pump that I'm told the additive is responsible for, but I found two things: 1) I don't need preworkout to maintain energy or stamina at the gym and 2) it's like drain on my bowel if I haven't eaten anything (and I often don't until after I return.

Bought some malate from the local popeye's today and have been eating a protein bar and glass of milk before heading out. Hoping for a similar effect pump-wise, however I'm aware there are other benefits from taking malate.

It's probably just snake oil lmao

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Pretty sure it helping with a pump is legit. Whether or not that actually helps with hypertophy in the long run is another story though that I'm not sure about.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I just like how preworkout makes me feel like I'm sweating from the inside.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sure, you might lift more, but is it worth being cursed

I once got a bag of preworkout samples by up and coming brands and the names were hilarious and awesome

THE PROTOTYPE
MOCHA MASSACRE
VENOM

Just that, venom with a black bag

Supplements market is weird

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I once got a bag of preworkout samples by up and coming brands and the names were hilarious and awesome

THE PROTOTYPE
MOCHA MASSACRE
VENOM

Tag yourselves. I'm the green apple envy flavor.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I've never had a pre workout. I've had a cup of coffee before working out, but I've never had one of those products.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Best pre-workout I've ever taken was the pre-bottled C4 but that poo poo is expensive

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Guys. I think I like working out enough that I might start working out four days a week instead of just three.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I haven't used a real preworkout in ages. Maybe I drink a coffee or an energy drink beforehand once in a blue moon. Are there still formulas that aren't just basically caffeine, creatine, beta alanin and citruline malate? I mean I guess there are still places that like to mix in your illegal substances or what not for some reason, but those are probably not that common anymore.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Guys. I think I like working out enough that I might start working out four days a week instead of just three.

It's a slippery slope from here on out, next thing you know you'll be working out 6 days a week and trying to calculate which muscles haven't hit your maximal recoverable volume yet.

Goon speed sir.

Helios Grime fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 29, 2020

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I've taken 1 day off from lifting in the past month because I was tired from kayaking.

Whipstickagostop
Apr 30, 2006

Planet: Xeno Prime

THE PROTOTYPE
MOCHA MASSACRE
VENOM

I have to stop myself from basing my preworkout purchases on how cool 13 year old me would find the tub. Or ones with stupid names, like "Not4Pussy". That one came in "DEATH APPLE" flavour so you know it will be good.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I'll make a preworkout called "JUSTATUBOFCOCAINEOHYEAH". Do you guys think it would sell well?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Whipstickagostop posted:

I have to stop myself from basing my preworkout purchases on how cool 13 year old me would find the tub. Or ones with stupid names, like "Not4Pussy". That one came in "DEATH APPLE" flavour so you know it will be good.

The guy that ran Chaos and Pain workout supplements used to work out at my old gym and he was pretty much exactly what you would expect from a guy that sells products cslled "cannibal agro" and "cannibal kraken"

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

The guy that ran Chaos and Pain workout supplements used to work out at my old gym and he was pretty much exactly what you would expect from a guy that sells products cslled "cannibal agro" and "cannibal kraken"

So the coolest dude i'd ever meet?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Just slam a sugar free monster prior to lifting YEAH BUDDY

also gyms open in Toronto on friday. Not sure if I'm going back or not, even though our infection rate is dropping pretty fast. I miss barbells. I miss lifting. I miss not being able to fling weight around without annoying my neighbors.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

nooneofconsequence posted:

Best pre-workout I've ever taken was the pre-bottled C4 but that poo poo is expensive

I like the blue ones. Makes me feel like I'm sizzling like a fajita skillet, but yeah they aren't cheap

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

LordArgh posted:

If by gaining their power you mean getting the same joint pain fat people suffer from due to carrying a bunch of extra weight on their frame 24/7 then yes.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Finally a solution for all you skinny calvers

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

MA-Horus posted:

also gyms open in Toronto on friday. Not sure if I'm going back or not, even though our infection rate is dropping pretty fast. I miss barbells. I miss lifting. I miss not being able to fling weight around without annoying my neighbors.

Risk is not worth it until there’s a vaccine in your veins

Brett Contreras the glute builder (tm) got Corona and he posted a story saying corona sucks his dick and it’s not too bad, and today he posted another update saying he feels like poo poo and is not doing great and it might take longer to recover than he thought

I’m going into a home gym, just basic compound exercises, the time savings alone might be worth it. Honestly not the same as a gym but beats dying

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

MA-Horus posted:

For as dead as the YMCA parking lot has been since they were allowed to reopen I have been staying away still.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Mrs. Dash posted:

If by gaining their power you mean getting the same joint pain fat people suffer from due to carrying a bunch of extra weight on their frame 24/7 then yes.

The question is, is the joint pain from being fat itself or is it from the fact most fat people don't do anything so any activity is a novel stress producing a pain response?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Risk is not worth it until there’s a vaccine in your veins

Brett Contreras the glute builder (tm) got Corona and he posted a story saying corona sucks his dick and it’s not too bad, and today he posted another update saying he feels like poo poo and is not doing great and it might take longer to recover than he thought

I’m going into a home gym, just basic compound exercises, the time savings alone might be worth it. Honestly not the same as a gym but beats dying

You shouldn't follow Bret Contreras unless you're currently subbed to Lowtax' Patreon

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

THE PROTOTYPE
MOCHA MASSACRE
VENOM

Not even death will keep you from gains.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

feelix posted:

You shouldn't follow Bret Contreras unless you're currently subbed to Lowtax' Patreon

Down to the $700 range now, lmaooooo

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

DoubleT2172 posted:

So the coolest dude i'd ever meet?

He was probably insane and like really aggro. He once came up to me and started curling and yelling "this is what a man looks like" and I just burst out laughing and I thought he was going to fight me he got so angry. The gym owner also kept getting pissed cause the guy would have all his private "supplements" delivered to the gym.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

B-Rock452 posted:

He once came up to me and started curling and yelling "this is what a man looks like" and I just burst out laughing and I thought he was going to fight me he got so angry.

L O L

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

LordArgh posted:

Like all through your day of doing what? If you sit in a chair all day there will be little power. If you're gonna go hiking try it first without the vest.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Pooping with a Power Vest: the Swoleception Story

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Chaos and Pain... Was that the blog where you'd be reading some training article then boom right in the middle of the article, full screen vagina pic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Hellblazer187 posted:

Chaos and Pain... Was that the blog where you'd be reading some training article then boom right in the middle of the article, full screen vagina pic?

Well his girlfriend was a stripper who was like 30 years younger than him and he constantly posted photos of her on Facebook so probably