Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Drone posted:

I've got a plugin that just turns Youtube comments into "herpderp herpderp" and it amuses me.

The editors wish to announce that we no longer block YouTube comments via plugin.

E: This could prove to be cloud-to-butt levels of amusing...

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cooked Auto posted:

Just grab an extension that puts the video window into windowed fullscreen and you don't have to bother about seeing the comments unless you're foolish enough to scroll down.

You don't even need that, just put the screen in theater mode and the comments arent' even visible, and live chat is barely visible and easily hidden with a button click

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

You don't even need that, just put the screen in theater mode and the comments arent' even visible, and live chat is barely visible and easily hidden with a button click

There's a Live chat now? :v:
Yeah I'm glad I'm 'missing' out on that.
And I totally forgot about theater mode as well because I've used that extension for so long I've forgotten how it's done otherwise.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Goonhammer article says Tomb Spiders are a no-good also-ran, but does that hold if I'm running max Scarab swarms?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Imagine not using a helmet in space combat

(I'm gonna give the captain the helmet-with-visor-up and the full helmet to the Judiciar because his normal head is uh)

It's a cool conversion.

The head it comes with is not great.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Zuul the Cat posted:

It's a cool conversion.

The head it comes with is not great.

Dark angels hood also looks kinda cool.

I gave him a weird helmet from my bits box which I have no idea where came from, but it goes really well with his studded coat and armor. It's almost too many studs though.

I think the coolest one I've seen is the guy (from grimdark filthy casual or something) who gave him a spacewolfs skull.

E: Reiver head looks good too I think

ee: vvv

Yvonmukluk is right, my studded helmet is from the ven dread (rather, it's from the dread from the start collecting smol marine box).

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think that head you used is from a Venerable Dreadnought? Looks good, IMO.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 30, 2020

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I'm waiting for the conversion of him walking a fenrisian wolf instead of holding the hour glass.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I gave mine the older Primaris Chaplain head:

Also sharpened his sword because it looked dumb without a point.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Apparently if you are just lopping people's heads off there's a reason the blade is flat or rounded rather than pointed, but I think that applies mostly to chopping off heads in an actual execution, not cutting the head off someone who's actively trying to not let you do that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Dark angels hood also looks kinda cool.

I gave him a weird helmet from my bits box which I have no idea where came from, but it goes really well with his studded coat and armor. It's almost too many studs though.

I think the coolest one I've seen is the guy (from grimdark filthy casual or something) who gave him a spacewolfs skull.

E: Reiver head looks good too I think

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think it's actually just a skull from the regular space wolves marine pack that's glued onto a random helmet that I can't see

top left, next to the arm with the runesword. I also like the kitbash on that guy's sword

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Sanford posted:

Listened to the first half hour in the car this morning, cool and good! Just so you know, the Apple app is listing eps 1, 2 & 4 as series 1, and 3 & 5 as unknown series, so it’s playing them out of order. Apple podcast app bad at doing podcasts, who woulda thunk it.

Thanks for the other recommends everyone, will give them all a try over the next few days.

Thanks man, feel free to PM me feedback and I'll try to fix that problem with Unknown series, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Edit: I fixed the Problem with the Unknown series.

Modulo16 fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 30, 2020

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I saw a kitbash of the Judiciar using the default Primaris Chaplain helmet on Pinterest, which, being Pinterest and because I didn't save it right away, I am now unable to find. But it looked pretty cool.

EDIT No i didn't I saw it here in this thread three goddamn posts up.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 30, 2020

Gunder
May 22, 2003

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Did you have to mess with the head at all to get it to fit? I was considering doing this exact thing.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Gunder posted:

Did you have to mess with the head at all to get it to fit? I was considering doing this exact thing.

Nope just fits right on.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Clawtopsy posted:

Okay. I think my rules will be simple.

If you want to win the Necron Half of Indomitus mailed to your doorstep, along with some other minor goodies, I will be doing a raffle on Friday, 7th of August. You can have two raffle tickets - Here's how you get them.

Ticket 1: Tell me how you would paint your acquisition. I'm not expecting huge detail, here. I just like to get inspired by hearing about painting!

Ticket 2: Tell me about a really positive experience you had once with a hobby pal. Doesn't have to be long. This could be "We would always get together to play a game and end up drinking too much and watching Terminator 2 for some reason" or "I was really inspired with how great an opponent he was here's how".

In the name of fairness, I'll be putting every forums name into a Wheel Decide and sending the link to JIZZ DENOUEMENT for impartiality! Your submissions are due by 5PM PST, August 7th.

Thanks! I hope to see some cheerful stuff!

1: I think I'd go with bluecrons with yellow instead of the usual glowy green. I assure you this has nothing to do with the only paint I own being for rubric marines.

2. A buddy of mine from my usual board game group moved away from our city a few years back, and we'd basically lost contact until he got back in touch during quar to ask if I was interested in learning 40K. So I basically gained a fun habit and also a money sink during uncertain financial times. Oh well.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Anyone got a good recipe or tutorial for doing copper that's slowly developing a patina? I've been thinking about how I'm gonna do my Necrons and I keep coming back to this idea of 'crons that are about halfway between bronze-copper and a nice Statue of Liberty green.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm planning on using justicar rules for that model but painting it up as a company champion. I'm definitely getting rid of the head I'm trying to think of a way to also get rid of the stupid hourglass thing.

I think the sword is distinctive enough that people will understand that it's a justicar.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've also wanted to test out laying down the basecoat for my Primaris half. Very happy with the purple.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think it's actually just a skull from the regular space wolves marine pack that's glued onto a random helmet that I can't see

top left, next to the arm with the runesword. I also like the kitbash on that guy's sword

Oh, right, I was talking about the other one in that post.

Thanks for pointing it out though, it might come in handy when I make my own Wolf Priest down the line. I think it's just a regular Primaris helmet underneath?

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
It might be an error, but there are new sculpts for Lychguard and Triarch Praetorians available on the GW Webstore right now. Nifty stuff.

EDIT: Link here: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Necron-Lychguard-2020

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

It might be an error, but there are new sculpts for Lychguard and Triarch Praetorians available on the GW Webstore right now. Nifty stuff.

They just look like the existing sculpts to me.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Drone posted:

Anyone got a good recipe or tutorial for doing copper that's slowly developing a patina? I've been thinking about how I'm gonna do my Necrons and I keep coming back to this idea of 'crons that are about halfway between bronze-copper and a nice Statue of Liberty green.

I think thats what nihilakh oxide is for

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Snail Information posted:

I think thats what nihilakh oxide is for

Yeah, and it's kinda cool imo; here's an overlord somebody really went to town with it on

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

It's just a 9th edition repackage. Expect that across most of the product lines over the next year or two.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Were I to get Necrons I would do my best at an 80s/vapor wave scheme with chrome, pink, and purple.

When I moved halfway across the country to my current city I didn’t know anyone. The FLGS is how I met the group of friends I have in town.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Cross posting from the oath thread:

Oath complete!

Claiming Feel the Heat for the bioplasma glow in the mouth and eyes, but unfortunately his posture makes that really hard to see.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Finished the Overlord this evening. *beep boop*

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Alokgen posted:

Finished the Overlord this evening. *beep boop*

hell yeah that looks sick

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
He looks angry cause the Canopteks didn't do a great job of keeping his shiny exoskeleton as clean as the day he was put to sleep

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Ropes4u posted:

How I would paint the necrons: pain brush, silver & brass, bright glowing green

Feelgood story: I am recovered from alcoholism and drug addiction, its really a feel good story for my family and friends, but now I can afford plastic dudes.

Eschatos posted:

1: I think I'd go with bluecrons with yellow instead of the usual glowy green. I assure you this has nothing to do with the only paint I own being for rubric marines.

2. A buddy of mine from my usual board game group moved away from our city a few years back, and we'd basically lost contact until he got back in touch during quar to ask if I was interested in learning 40K. So I basically gained a fun habit and also a money sink during uncertain financial times. Oh well.

Beerdeer posted:

Were I to get Necrons I would do my best at an 80s/vapor wave scheme with chrome, pink, and purple.

When I moved halfway across the country to my current city I didn’t know anyone. The FLGS is how I met the group of friends I have in town.

added you all! let me know if i miss anyone please

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I have a Painboy I want to try and sub assemble but I’m trying to pre-imagine the easiest way to prime it all in one go. I know sticky tack gets plenty of use for repairs and covering for painting but has anyone used it in this situation? Am I risking pulling primer off when I go to de-assemble?

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

^burtle posted:

I have a Painboy I want to try and sub assemble but I’m trying to pre-imagine the easiest way to prime it all in one go. I know sticky tack gets plenty of use for repairs and covering for painting but has anyone used it in this situation? Am I risking pulling primer off when I go to de-assemble?

When I do sub assemblies, I use blue tac to keep my sub groups stuck to the spray surface so they don't fly away and over the connection points so I don't have to glue two pieces together covered in primer. You shouldn't run into any issues when removing the tac. Just leave it on till the primer completely dries.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
Help my aging brain out.

Intro'd the wife last night and couldn't figure something out (it was late and I may just have been too tired to see it in the rules).

I had a 4-man wraithblades unit charge 10 Boyz with a Nob (1 Wraith died shambling up the board).

That equates to 12 attacks for the wraiths.

She was caught up on my axes doing D3 wounds.

I hit (I think) 7 of the attacks. I rolled D3 for how many wounds, and got like 16 or something. She asked if that meant 16 models died, or just 4, because I only had 4 attacking models.

We had covered normal wounds and critical (or w/e they're called wounds) already.

I said 4 because the wounds wouldn't roll over and I was sure that a model has to make all attacks against a single model.

She questioned it enough that I kind of thought, poo poo, do the wounds from attacks 2-3 go somewhere else if the first attack wounds kill a model?

I'm still pretty sure I'm correct.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Spiv posted:

Help my aging brain out.

Intro'd the wife last night and couldn't figure something out (it was late and I may just have been too tired to see it in the rules).

I had a 4-man wraithblades unit charge 10 Boyz with a Nob (1 Wraith died shambling up the board).

That equates to 12 attacks for the wraiths.

She was caught up on my axes doing D3 wounds.

I hit (I think) 7 of the attacks. I rolled D3 for how many wounds, and got like 16 or something. She asked if that meant 16 models died, or just 4, because I only had 4 attacking models.

We had covered normal wounds and critical (or w/e they're called wounds) already.

I said 4 because the wounds wouldn't roll over and I was sure that a model has to make all attacks against a single model.

She questioned it enough that I kind of thought, poo poo, do the wounds from attacks 2-3 go somewhere else if the first attack wounds kill a model?

I'm still pretty sure I'm correct.

This is a bit mixed up and I'm not clear what you did precisely, so let me just say how things should have gone:

The 4 wraithblades attack the 10 Boyz with a Nob.

They roll to hit (3+) and and then they roll to wound (3+). Let's say you get 7 wounds, the orks get no armour save thanks to your -AP.

I assume you use a strat or something to give the Wraithblades d3 damage because by default they do 1 damage, you kill 7 orks. Why? Because each wound is allocated 1 at a time, then take the armour save, and then you would roll your d3 for damage. Because Ork Boyz only have 1 wound, you would allocate one wound, in theory you'd roll d3, the ork would die, and repeat until you're out of the 7 wounds. The extra damage isn't carried over between models, unless it's mortal wounds, which are.

So long story short, assuming you scored 7 wounds with your rolling, you'd have killed 7 orks. The number of attacking models is irrelevant, the number of their attacks are. A model with 3 attacks and each attack does 6 damage can still only kill 3 models maximum.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 31, 2020

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
D3 Wounds or D3 Damage?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

D3 Wounds or D3 Damage?

I've assumed they mean d3 damage because I've not seen anything that does D3 wounds off one hit. To be honest this will remain confusing so long as you "roll to wound" then "roll for damage" and then "take the damage from the wounds" but the terminology is all so baked into the game it's not easy to change.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Yeah I think you answered perfectly; it was just confusing the way Spiv posted

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

Yeah I think you answered perfectly; it was just confusing the way Spiv posted

Yeah the D3 damage is new to me (played when this never existed). I read it as that's how many wounds I do.

So basically, instead of the wound step provided above, I went straight to damage.

Is the damage profile then the "extra" wounds that something causes, or have I just mind f'd myself into oblivion here.

Edit: the wraiths had g axes which I believe are D3 (just to clarify that point).

Edit 2: re-read the attack rules. With the explanation above, I think I get it. Rolling damage for the boyz was pointless because I was doing 1 wound per succesful attack, regardless. And that its wound allocation, not attack allocation which seems like how I had it in my brain.

Spiv fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Spiv posted:

Yeah the D3 damage is new to me (played when this never existed). I read it as that's how many wounds I do.

So basically, instead of the wound step provided above, I went straight to damage.

Is the damage profile then the "extra" wounds that something causes, or have I just mind f'd myself into oblivion here.

Edit: the wraiths had g axes which I believe are D3 (just to clarify that point).

Edit 2: re-read the attack rules. With the explanation above, I think I get it. Rolling damage for the boyz was pointless because I was doing 1 wound per succesful attack, regardless. And that its wound allocation, not attack allocation which seems like how I had it in my brain.

Yeah, you got it. You attack a number of times with each model in range of an enemy (either 1 inch itself, or within 1/2 inch of a model which within 1/2 inch of an enemy model - important if there are several ranks trying to fight) equal to the attacking models number of attacks - you can chose whatever weapon they have to attack with, but they still only get to attack a number of times equal to their attack statistic - unlike shooting, where you can shoot with all weapons you have, except grenades and pistols which have special rules.

Then depending on how many hits you made, you try to wound with those hits (str vs toughness). After you've wounded a number of times, the enemy then rolls an armor save for each 'wounding hit'. Then you roll damage for the wounding hits that weren't stopped by the armor. In this case, you skip the armor save, because orks have a 6+ armor save and your ghost axes have an AP of -3 and go right through the armor. You can also skip the damage roll (d3 for ghost axes) because orks only have 1 wound each and the damage from each 'wounding hit' that penetrated armor, doesn't bleed over to other orks (like it does in age of sigmar - generally only a few instances in 40k lets damage bleed over, the psychic ability smite is the most prominent, but plague flails also do it).

If there had been a painboy nearby (giving the orks a 6+ chance to ignore wounds), you'd roll the d3 damage roll for each of your axe hits that wounded and went through the armor, and then roll the painboy ignore wounds roll for each damage (if you rolled 2 on your d3, the ork would have to roll 2 6s to survive).

It is actually really confusing for new/returning players because they decided to call the hit points/health pool/ of the models 'wounds' (your wrathblades has 3 wounds, orks have 1 wound), but also call the strength vs toughness roll a 'wound roll' and also sometimes call taking damage 'taking wounds'.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 31, 2020