Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

iron buns posted:

Remember when CIG was showing how they use IK to dynamically place the character feet on slopes and such?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul0Gilv5wvY

I didn't really understand at the time why CIG even bothered to mention it though. I remember it being a nice feature in Guild Wars 2 in 2012. I assume it has been a feature in all mmos with slopes and rocks since and probably some prior.

shrach fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

quote:

ACTUAL RESULT

Enter in the ship through the ladder with item 2.0. Sometimes the character enters at the opposite side and sits in the back side in the cockpit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpC3VhbS6YM

quote:

ACTUAL RESULT

One of the bartenders at G-Loc bar is unable to server because he has a glass glitching in the wrong hand and keeps trying to put the glass away with the other hand.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Shadows are overrated, I assume?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

ggangensis posted:

This.
Gamestar is probably the worst, with guys straight out advertising each new sale in the SC thread. Criticism on the project is silenced, of course. I would speculate they also took some marketing money from CIG, because the amount of shilling is pretty obnoxious.
This is the same magazine that paints itself as ,pro consumer’, calling out loot boxes or overpriced DLC, which makes it quite ironic.
You know, they say we Germans lack in the “critical thinking”-department, and when you take a look at the SC thread in the gamestar forum you are inclined to think that there is truth to it. So I’am not surprised that a lot of CIGs money comes from Germany. Some of the German backers are unbelievably naive and stupid, as if they want to be fleeced as some part of an abusive relationship or something. This is of course fueled by the community and advertising pieces from Gamestar and co.

mmorpg.com isn't much better. I haven't seen a truly negative piece about SC. The resident shills are fewer but just as loud as ever.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Golli posted:

I defer to your expertise.

I doubt many people who use the term care about the subtleties, it's just the newest trendy term used to replace 'cuck' and 'beta' and in a year or so, there will be a new term.

It's the natural evolution of derogatory terms. Once the previous popular terms get called out for how truly terrible they are and get slowly removed by society people rush to the next set until the cycle repeats.

Humanity is broken, we love to hurt others.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Dogs are daft :3:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

his nibs posted:

Dogs are daft :3:

Hey, they're still here and the dinosaurs aren't.

Also they can sniff out covid-19

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1288947686633123842

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

What CR sees here:

Why does this fucker have his shirt inside out???? Fix this loving hosed up mess right the gently caress now!!!! :black101:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/4j23uL4.mp4

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Pixelate posted:

Hey, they're still here and the dinosaurs aren't.

Also they can sniff out covid-19
Pictured: a dinosaur.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/subvegio/status/1288955976092131328
https://twitter.com/deathsmeg/status/1288960601163804673

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

monkeytek posted:

It's the natural evolution of derogatory terms. Once the previous popular terms get called out for how truly terrible they are and get slowly removed by society people rush to the next set until the cycle repeats.

Humanity is broken, we love to hurt others.

It's weird how we have such dizzying heights of altruism, and such debased, infernal levels of inhumanity, frequently expressed in a single individual. Such is the duality of man. Until we face our inner demons, how can we hope to exorcise them?

In conclusion, humans are a species of contrast.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

orcane posted:

Pictured: a dinosaur.

No covid sniffing no biscuit!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I don't know, but this doesn't look like an update on SQ42 development :thunk:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dwesa posted:

It's misspelled form of stimp as in Fourth Stimpire or Stimperor. S(t)imp is someone reposting The Sickening and Heartbreaking Truths of the Fourth Stimpire aka s(t)imping.

Thank you.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The pain from learning these new online vocabularies triples every second.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What the gently caress is a simp?

It's totally gay to like girls now.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

tuo posted:

High noon.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Was it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IehITxsK4Fs&t=6996s

"It's gonna take a liiiitle longer"

yikes...

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

Agreed, thanks guys as well.
Sucks rear end because 70% of my business is live event and festivals etc, the corporate work has increased but it's way less fun.
Had some heart breaking convos with venue owners since all this kicked off, man I feel for them

Same same. Same city too. The only decent paid work I had lined up finished today and I didn’t manage to meet the spec, so it’s a double lovely day for business and fun times.

Most certainly beer o clock for the next 48 hours.

All that said, my business might be looking super bleak but at least I’m not at loving “concierge level” investment in this poo poo show.

Give it another few weeks mind. Perhaps selling off all our kit and putting the cash into Idris’ will work out to be a better :airquote: long term investment :airquote:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The pain from learning these new online vocabularies triples every second.

The Angloshere is just decades behind in their misogynistic power levels. As a latino man I have heard their Spanish equivalents since I was a kid, and I am an old now. There are thesis to be written about the sudden online popularity of these terms and how they relate to the dissatisfaction among many men about their current place in society in English-speaking countries.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

quote:

I'm still going with the somewhat cynical conspiracy theory that they're withholding SQ42 updates in preparation for a big marketing event.

quote:

Yep no way they have all those employees sitting around doing nothing like some suggest. They must be sitting on a ton of SQ42 stuff by now.

I have a feeling the new investors are probably involved in the lack of SQ42 updates, instead wanting it to be marketed like a traditional AAA title with a big ramping up of hype leading up in the months before release. There's no point in marketing the game to people who have already bought it. Showing too much of the game too soon obviously isn't good for sales at release otherwise publishers would be doing it. Yeah it sucks for backers who want more info, but it is what is it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I've played the secret dev build of SQ42 and let me tell you, it's absolutely worth the wait.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

iron buns posted:

Remember when CIG was showing how they use IK to dynamically place the character feet on slopes and such?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul0Gilv5wvY

Its way older than that, Dark Souls 1 does it. Placing feet on steps is like, one of the fundamental use cases for IK.

That video itself is just a really smart, adaptive implementation.

As usual CIG are inventing things that are easily 15 years old.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Popete posted:

I've played the secret dev build of SQ42 and let me tell you, it's absolutely worth the wait.

I can't wait to watch Derek Smart play it on twitch in like 3 years.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Skipped to a random point in a video, and there was a picture of an explosion with helpful text labels explaining that it contains a light source and debris. Truly groundbreaking work, this really is the BDSSE.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

Sandweed posted:

I can't wait to watch Derek Smart play it on twitch in like 3 years.

The key commands will infuriate him, leading to the next July Blog about proper UI design.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

shrach posted:

I didn't really understand at the time why CIG even bothered to mention it though. I remember it being a nice feature in Guild Wars 2 in 2012. I assume it has been a feature in all mmos with slopes and rocks since and probably some prior.

Days Gone(2019) still has people appearing to walk down stairs, but sliding. They might have prioritized releasing a game, though.

tuo posted:

Well, they're in an upcoming DLC...

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Zaphod42 posted:

Its way older than that, Dark Souls 1 does it. Placing feet on steps is like, one of the fundamental use cases for IK.

That video itself is just a really smart, adaptive implementation.

As usual CIG are inventing things that are easily 15 years old.

So that's why fuzzymodem was so interested in this game

Also the model planting his feet According to the terrain is even older than DS. This poo poo was featured in the source engine in 2004, the AI had it

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 31, 2020

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Observe the relative of Tyrannosaurus Rex hunting:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EsteemedNiceHamadryas-mobile.mp4

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Fargin Icehole posted:

So that's why fuzzymodem was so interested in this game

:drat:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Also the model planting his feet According to the terrain is even older than DS. This poo poo was featured in the source engine in 2004, the AI had it

I did not say "DS1 was the first game to do it", it was just an example of something years older than that video. I know. IK is really old tech.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
IK is cutting edge poo poo

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

IK is cutting edge poo poo

the angry cat gets it!

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Can I humbly request that we don't post pictures or gifs of cute animals being killed and eaten.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tuo posted:

the angry cat gets it!

Heck yes, Dark Souls sure was a game but not in the same leagues as Star Citazrn fidelity wise.
It's like a better version of IK, more like IK+

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The Super-Id posted:

Can I humbly request that we don't post pictures or gifs of cute animals being killed and eaten.

Adjust the CvM (Chicken vs. Mouse) slider to the right

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Holy poo poo did I sink hours into this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

trucutru posted:

That ain't it either, nowadays it means someone who does anything to please an "unworthy" woman (like paying for camwhores), because that's seen as being subservient to them bitches. This can be extended to pretty much anything. Being nice to your wife? You simp.

iDubbbz just lost like a billion subscribers for being a simp, because he was ok with his girlfriend opening an onlyfans account.

There's also the lovely white nationalist context often used by the same people... in which it refers to Jewish sympathizers.