Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I just had a realisation: CUMVID-19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

I’m all for gallows humour (within reason) but I fail to see what is so funny about this. Thousands of people are literally going to have their lives ruined because of this. The small businesses that managed to survive the first lockdown have no chance of riding out a second one. We are going to be so, so hosed for years to come.

The joke is we're gonna waste another month or so fart arsing around, then we'll see this wave of outbreaks just circling around the states, when the correct choice is to do a hard lockdown where all businesses shutter for 6 weeks and then we all reopen at the same time.

Victoria will get it under control, then some fuckwit from NSW will head down south and suddenly they've got it again.

You can't control that 1% of the population that are going to be dickheads and ruin it for the rest of us.
Shut it down and wipe it out.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

Airstream Driver posted:

The seller did a massive reno on the place and then lost their job and need to sell urgently (well this is the story the agent came up with).

Former meth lab

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

COVID impulse buying strikes again:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I've gotten over my covid impulse buying, thank gently caress.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hope the gyms dont get shut down again im tryin to get jacked

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

Isaac posted:

Hope the gyms dont get shut down again im tryin to get jacked

DM me

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
We talking impulse covid purchases?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
The neighbours across the road are having a party. I'll guarantee there'll be more than 20 people there.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sell me steroids too plz

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Carth Dookie posted:

COVID impulse buying strikes again:

gently caress yeah

record something

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

gently caress yeah

record something

Naaaah. I played guitar for less than six months about a decade ago. You already know what I sound like.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play Danny boy

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
thinking about how I miss the little things, like walking around the busy part of town with the boys on a saturday afternoon making eye contact with anyone we can, talking loudly about how there's a lot of sickos out today. They'll never know that we were talking about us.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
the little coke plane that couldnt

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Should I buy a keyboard (off of gumtree??) ? I want to be able to make music. Would that be an impulse purchase?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Buy a keytar off gumtree so you'll be twice as cool

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I saw a melodica on fb Marketplace.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Sillybones posted:

Should I buy a keyboard (off of gumtree??) ? I want to be able to make music. Would that be an impulse purchase?

What kind of keyboard? Lotta poo poo ones out there. Do you have any background or is this an exciting creative whim? No matter what the answer to any of these questions is yes you should buy a keyboard yes it's an impulse purchase. Maybe not this keyboard but post specs if you're looking at one specific job rn

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Play some slayer

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

My only two covid impulse buys have been a Hario V60 set and a $1300 belt grinder. Thanks to Zubraman for the insider heads up on that one, knowing electricians saved me about $900 by the time I put a motor and vsd on it

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

My next impulse buy will likely be some kind of e bike.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
mine will be a smoker

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

im gonna get a bass guitar

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Been eyeing off a gucci turban

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

What kind of keyboard? Lotta poo poo ones out there. Do you have any background or is this an exciting creative whim? No matter what the answer to any of these questions is yes you should buy a keyboard yes it's an impulse purchase. Maybe not this keyboard but post specs if you're looking at one specific job rn

It's not a specific one I am looking at. I make video games and the only thing I can't do on my own is make the music, so I want to at least have something to learn some theory on and then be able to play some little tunes. So It also needs to hook up to a computer, I guess.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Sillybones posted:

It's not a specific one I am looking at. I make video games and the only thing I can't do on my own is make the music, so I want to at least have something to learn some theory on and then be able to play some little tunes. So It also needs to hook up to a computer, I guess.

buy a theremin instead

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Kharnifex posted:

mine will be a smoker

You can take mine. It's a fornetto from Bunnings.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Kharnifex posted:

buy a theremin instead

I am pretty sure anyone who plays a theremin is a massive sex pervert.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

I bought a resin 3d printer.

And quite a lot of beer.

Also some wine.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Sillybones posted:

Can you back up this claim?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTXaSRJTGGw

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Sillybones posted:

I'm feeling very attacked right now.

But also yes

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

A long time ago I compared him to Klaus Nomi, and he got very mad at me.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Attention Aus Goons, how accurate is this Stubbie Holder:

Also free Non Violent J

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Here we go babey stage 4 comin atcha, hope yalls stocked up gonna be a mad fucken rush down here today. Was hoping to get a chance to head to the cemetery before poo poo kicks off worse cause haven't been first lockdown but looks like it'll be another few months till I can see dad again. Now if I could work from home got enough food, drink and weed to not go outside for a good 2 months woo~

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I saw a real life goth at the Lutwyche Woolies last Saturday. He was in the frozen food section wearing a full leather duster, those flip up shades, creeper boots with heaps of buckles: I came outside and he was listening to a loving tape on walkman and smoking a clove cigarette. My man needs to be preserved behind plexiglass somewhere.

edit: To be fair this does seem like a great time to embrace the miserable woe is me goth mentality.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

don't post these poor people on something awful without permission

I just spoke to one of the Kenyan ladies in the photo and asked if she minded that I posted it on somethingawful.com

She said "Hapana (no). Post my facebook and my phone number. Maybe I'll get a rich mzungu (white person)."

All cool dude.

:350:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Buy a keytar off gumtree so you'll be twice as cool

I'm learning how to play the harmonica from youtube.

I'm not very good. :(

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Oh look, your mate again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
haha your mate looks extra cooked today, did you two have a lovers tiff