Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Kaguya thinks Unyo Shinomiya is the most morally upstanding of the three brothers. So the other two elder Shinomiyas have to be total moral abysses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
"Most morally upstanding" in this case means she thinks Unyo is the least scummy of her three scummy brothers, mainly because she can cite at least one good thing about him (he always keeps his promises).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, we know for a fact that Oko (the eldest of Gan'an Shinomiya's four kids) kept tabs on both U'nyo and Kaguya for long-rear end periods of time. Like U'nyo probs wanted to get in on that, but at the same time, he does respect when Kaguya actually takes a stand and whatnot.

Then again, aside from Hayasaka herself, no one else in the Shinomiya households seems to know that the Pres and Kaguya are going out already.

I think Maki knows.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Wark Say posted:

I mean, we know for a fact that Oko (the eldest of Gan'an Shinomiya's four kids) kept tabs on both U'nyo and Kaguya for long-rear end periods of time. Like U'nyo probs wanted to get in on that, but at the same time, he does respect when Kaguya actually takes a stand and whatnot.

Then again, aside from Hayasaka herself, no one else in the Shinomiya households seems to know that the Pres and Kaguya are going out already.

I think Maki knows.

now i can't help but picturing kaguya's shadow demon of a father gruffly whispering "daddy knew. daddy knew the whole time." in a shocking full page spread

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

now i can't help but picturing kaguya's shadow demon of a father gruffly whispering "daddy knew. daddy knew the whole time." in a shocking full page spread
My hypothesis is that her father is a detached, sad old man who can't look her daughter in the face for the resemblance to her concubine mother that he still grieves. Following that train of thought, it is the elder brothers who hold true power over the zaibatsu, and Kaguya's fear of her father is based on her imagined perception of him as clan head.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I call him Unko Shinomiya.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I've seen someone call him Onion before and it reminded me of that bad Pathologic translation. Now I can't stop imagining Unyo quoting random Latin to me with the most puncheable face.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Grouchio posted:

My hypothesis is that her father is a detached, sad old man who can't look her daughter in the face for the resemblance to her concubine mother that he still grieves. Following that train of thought, it is the elder brothers who hold true power over the zaibatsu, and Kaguya's fear of her father is based on her imagined perception of him as clan head.

Both of these landing in the same episode would be possibly the best event in the story to date.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Kaguya's dad not being the absolute worst would be a shocking twist seeing how built up he's been.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I feel like there's gonna be parallels drawn between him and Miyukis mom. My theory is that Miyuki and Kaguya will face down Kaguya's dad and Miyuki's mom respectively

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

What if they got together

Secretly

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

As someone that watches a lot of vtubers I can confirm, people will go batshit insane with their money when the popular vtubers genuinely tell them to save it for themselves first. It's wild (and a little scary).

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Reallycoolname posted:

As someone that watches a lot of vtubers I can confirm, people will go batshit insane with their money when the popular vtubers genuinely tell them to save it for themselves first. It's wild (and a little scary).

It's Big "Don't Tell me what to do!" energy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

It's basically the reason I went wireless two years ago (I may also have shouted "eat my rear end, motherfucker!" at the person while drunk as poo poo, so YMMV) so I can confirm this. :v:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Reallycoolname posted:

Now with evidence: https://youtu.be/GJEbp00g2zU?t=135

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
New Spinoff chapter:

Hayasaka had it rough

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The Jaimini's Box translation is delayed.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

The Jaimini's Box translation is delayed.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Lol, as much as we like to poo poo on the quality of the Kaguya Official Doujin, enough people liked it that it went from a two volume series to a four volume series. That's actually kind of insane.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Folt The Bolt posted:

Lol, as much as we like to poo poo on the quality of the Kaguya Official Doujin, enough people liked it that it went from a two volume series to a four volume series. That's actually kind of insane.

The Official Doujin was terrible until it stopped focusing on lovely fanservice. Once it moved on to more interesting au versions of the characters was when we stopped making GBS threads in it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, once it stopped being "dumb cheesecake shenanigans" and moved into "characters being believably dumb in a given AU/setting", it improved incredibly.

Like, for real: The "Hayasaka and Shirogane as a couple of young adult kindergarten teachers" AU is almost as good as some of the mainline chapters.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

And yet who here among us hated the cheesecake

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

me, I thought it wasn't very good and was kind of an inappropriate thing for them to make official

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I wouldn't have minded it much if the early chapters were actually entertaining at all, but they were pretty boring

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

also, the one where the little kids squirt chika and moeha with water guns and one of them gets his first boner was more than a little horrifying seeing as the author is an unrepentant shotacon

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I will not elaborate

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/kaguya-wants-to-be-confessed-to/en/0/196/page/1
in which maki manages to keep it together for pages at a time

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Maki almost made it to the end of the chapter.

Almost.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Very comfy Chapter

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Shirogane overcoming his initial fear of embarrassment was so heartwarming :unsmith:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
how cute x3

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As Maki is getting owned constantly, it is sorta hard to remember that she's one of the top students in her grade + a genius on par with Kaguya.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Shirogane overcoming his initial fear of embarrassment was so heartwarming :unsmith:

Shirogane accepting that it's OK to be crap at something without needing to drag Chika into a training arc is possibly the greatest sign of his character development so far.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad that even though she'll probably never get over the fact her best friend is dating her crush chapters like this show Maki is pretty cool and well liked and actually doing pretty alright.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
It also really shows the overwhelming difference between the way Maki was brought up and the way Kaguya was brought up. Their worldviews couldn't be further apart (at least pre-Shirogane).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theGrooseofLegend posted:

And the fact that he sorta got better relatively quick by sheer amount of the fact that he needed to do it "live" is also the cherry on top.

Also, the fact that he has a circle of friends who, while all related in their own way to Kaguya (former retainer/valet, "little brother", 2nd cousin twice removed) are going along with him is also heartwarming. :3:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

It's nice to have a chill chapter where friends just hang out and do stuff.

A nice distraction from the war to come.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It's nice to have a chill chapter where friends just hang out and do stuff.

A nice distraction from the war to come.
But it will be a fun war. Also, and I must emphasize, Valentines Day isn't over yet. At least one of our couples is 4-paneling before the night is out. :getin:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
My biggest laugh of the chapter. Just when I thought it was done, it comes back.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

As Maki is getting owned constantly, it is sorta hard to remember that she's one of the top students in her grade + a genius on par with Kaguya.
It's like if most of we heard of Achilles is his crippling heel injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

In case anyone missed spin-off chapter 86...

Only registered members can see post attachments!