Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the p4 anime adaptations are okay comedy anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Strange to see a popular shounen show on a list with 9 other popular shounen shows

Unlike the others shows HxH's run ended years ago. All the others are either ongoing or ended recently and have a successor series.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

lunar detritus posted:

If I played P4G, is it worth it to watch the anime?
They're fun but sorta... unessential? I dunno. They're OK and that's it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lunar detritus posted:

theres a few good scenes and one funny minor anime original character but they arent worth much really

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Probably can just watch a compilation on youtube of the funny scenes tbh.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

lunar detritus posted:

Not particularly, no. Maybe check out the nanako episode in the original p4 anime. I never watched the p4golden anime though, so maybe that one's worth checking out. The anime had good OPs and Ed's though.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

lunar detritus posted:

It's been so long since I watched it but I remember the Golden anime being fun because they disregard any pretence of telling the story of the game (for example they don't even introduce new party members, they'll just start appearing at a certain point and the anime expects you to know their story) and just have fun adapting the new scenes from Golden.
That might be worth a look if you're not particularly interested in seeing the whole story of the game again.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

lunar detritus posted:

Sure

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lunar detritus posted:

Probably not unless you have a lot of free time. there's a couple of ok scenes but that's a pretty low bar to clear.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/OutofVTubers/status/1289783636191899649

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Unlike the others shows HxH's run ended years ago. All the others are either ongoing or ended recently and have a successor series.

It's a shonen that a lot of people talk about, doesn't have quite a million episodes, and has a definitive end point so you can just finish it without it being a chore to keep up with after quarantine.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa05cjbFhlM

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Rushia got pipes

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Probably can just watch a compilation on youtube of the funny scenes tbh.

Yea, just look up parts you want to see like the Kings Game or whatever. Theres no reason to watch the whole thing

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So, I finished my Shirobako rewatch before it was vanished from Crunchy.

It was fine. I definitely feel like I enjoyed it more the first time around when I paced myself.

Oi-chan has the best faces, though.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/OoCPokemon/status/1290075191867871232

:same:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

chumbler posted:

Remember when it seemed like companies were learning that people will pirate less if their stuff is more accessible through legal means?

I’ve been trying to catch up on shows and like, 70% of the stuff I want to watch isn’t available legally in my region

So I cancelled my crunchyroll sub because what else am I gonna do with it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
has anyone watched/rewatched Vision of Escaflowne lately? i haven’t seen it since 98-99 a was feeling nostalgic but don’t know if it would hold up

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
It definitely holds up. The characters are still really interesting, and while the concept of being teleported to another world has been done to death, it’s not bogged down by trying to make it like a video game that almost all modern era shows try to do. Add on top of that a killer soundtrack by Yoko Kanno and you have a classic.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

TenementFunster posted:

has anyone watched/rewatched Vision of Escaflowne lately? i haven’t seen it since 98-99 a was feeling nostalgic but don’t know if it would hold up

It kind of blew me away how gorgeous the blu rays were, like I'd seen parts of it on a French TV station in the early 2000s and I remembered thinking it was neat and had weird noses but holy poo poo it's pretty (this was in my v. cursed Tumblr anime gif days though so I muted it and just skipped around looking for loops to gif and lost the files before getting around to actually watching it for real).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Escaflowne had insane production values for the time and looked closer to a high end OVA than a 26 episode tv series.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I started on it recently and it's loving amazing.

ESCA
FLOWNE

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/8kq88s.mp4

maria-sama ga miteru is consistently one of the most incredible dramas i've ever watched

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm 31 today

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm rewatching Black Lagoon as tabletop inspiration and fellas, this series is still good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

verbal enema posted:

I'm 31 today

Happy 31

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

verbal enema posted:

I'm 31 today

:toot:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

verbal enema posted:

I'm 31 today

:toot:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

verbal enema posted:

I'm 31 today

:rip:+1

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

https://files.catbox.moe/8kq88s.mp4

maria-sama ga miteru is consistently one of the most incredible dramas i've ever watched
Too real. :hai:

verbal enema posted:

I'm 31 today
Party?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Enjoy your youth, it gets so much worse at 40. :corsair:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/qodikz.mp4

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

someone is not a supportive friend.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

sinky posted:

Thanks for the 24 hours notice :argh:

So, I cant watch So, I can't play H!!

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
I wish I still had Ninja Scroll on VHS.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Wark Say posted:

So, I finished my Shirobako rewatch before it was vanished from Crunchy.

It was fine. I definitely feel like I enjoyed it more the first time around when I paced myself.

Oi-chan has the best faces, though.

I tried a couple times to get into Shirobako and just couldn't make it past like 3 eps, despite that I usually like workplace drama based stuff.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Shirobako was just too stressful for me lol... scary show

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zerilan posted:

I tried a couple times to get into Shirobako and just couldn't make it past like 3 eps, despite that I usually like workplace drama based stuff.
That's one thing that kinda feels odd: On a rewatch, it doesn't quite feel like a drama. Like sure, there are hard-hitting moments that'd be more at home on a drama series, but it's still not enough to push the series into a drama.

Like the vibe I got from the rewatch felt more like P.A. Works wanted to make like a Parks & Rec or The Office-sorta thing but had to compromise. There's a couple of scenes that felt like deliberately lingered longer than they "needed to". Does that make sense? Like there's one in the early episodes where Aoi is just walking out of the Musashino Animation building and her childhood friend and co-worker sees her and just waves at her, with Aoi straight up not noticing her and it just gave me that vibe of them wanting to do like a mockumentary of sorts.

Fun show, that Shirobako.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dramas, soon

homeless snail posted:

Dramatic monday tonight @ 8PM, in Amachan Aki's washed out of the entertainment industry and is spending the holidays back in amaland, in Nigehaji shits getting real, and Ryomaden has ryoma in it

https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchdramas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/shizuka_furuya/status/1289501174266175489

Shizuka Furuya, the voice actress for Nano in Nichijou, has announced her return to voice acting after she had withdrawn from the public eye for five years following a severe traffic accident.