Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I figured a minion lifespan was way shorter so that’s pretty good, al things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:actually: according to the movie “Minions” (2015) the current minions are the original generation, spanning back thousands of years to BC time periods so what I’m saying is please donate to my patreon, like and subscribe and please hit the bell for notifications

televiper
Feb 12, 2007
Can this also be "Facebook_Group.txt - my KLR"?

televiper fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 19, 2020

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

televiper posted:

Can this also be "Facebook_Group.txt - my KLR"?

Is this an ADVRider in-character joke?

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

Revvik posted:

Is this an ADVRider in-character joke?

If only I were that clever.

attempt two:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Other DOUCHEBAG Motorcyclists

OP posted:

Long story short..
Left the house at 7 am yesterday,
went from Calgary to RADIUM, Cranbrook, Castlegar- This morning I got to Nelson, Kaslo, New Denver, Nakusp, Revelstoke, Golden and back to CALGARY. All in 1530 km on my ODO( 932miles )
-riding in 38C weather definitely put things into perspective. Beautiful country though.
Here is the catch: Going through Rogers Pass between Revelstoke and Golden- eternal construction-traffic speed is 50km/h really busy , even though its a tuesday., two dudes on harleys are behind me -all of the sudden one guy passes me on the left-double yellow and forces me to brake so I dont rear end him and his buddy goes around on the right. I shake my head and slow down and they both turn off into rogers Pass rest area right AFTER ABOUT 30 SECONDS LATER! I still dont understand the point of all this... Here is the catch... I stopped in Golden to get fuel and upon leaving town realized the two douchebags were 2 cars behind me -Here is where Payback's a bitch. I let them both pass me on the next passing zone and rode their rear end as if I was an annoying mosquito-harleys cant outrun a strom and when they sped up I was there and when they slowed down I was there....always in and out of the assholes blindspot.....I could see him checking his mirrors everytime I would get almost close enough to pass..... I know its petty but it it made my day to "ruin" their ride. finally by Lake Louise I think they had enough...thry slowed down to 80 and waved me on as if "you go ahead...." I repeated the gesture - still had another 200 km on the same highway- all of the sudden turn signals came on and both tough guys turned off at another rest area... I Think I "won " that one. Assholes.
******EDIT~ I used wrong words “rode their rear end” - what i was trying to say was following behind them- not tailgating- almost as if we are riding in a pack - I did not tailgate, but I know they were annoyed by me

He got dragged pretty good.

quote:

So sorry, barbarian! I really do understand your disgust but the COMPLETE TROUNCING you got from this bunch is very, VERY instructing. I know, because I have been thoroughly, COMPLETELY trounced by this bunch because of severe cranial-rectal inversion! (That's "head up yer rear end")..Or better, when my head was, ah, you know...up mine! Har, har!

Look, man! This is 'sposed to be fun! You talkin' like you hangin' in a closet! There are some really big ones out there, that's a given. Rise above them like the professional you should be. We used to say on the ships, "Slack is a little town in Arkansas and that's where you go to find it 'cause you get no Slack around here!" This bunch will getcha every time!

Rider up, rubber down!

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 4, 2020

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Why do they all TYPE like that with big BLOCKS of barely intelligible gibberish and use words like "trounce" (you know the word like bounce but tr like trounce). Just a question!

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

brain worms

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Gather round KIDS let me tell you about how I ESCALATED a MINOR and PROBABLY UNINTENTIONAL slight and..................turned my joyride into AGGRAVATED STALKING!!

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Coydog posted:

Why do they all TYPE like that with big BLOCKS of barely intelligible gibberish and use words like "trounce" (you know the word like bounce but tr like trounce). Just a question!

flatlander thoughtstreams

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

Boomer lead poisoning.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Coydog posted:

Because they get told to shut the gently caress up by their family when they talk like that in person, and think doing it on the internet makes them sound like a cool dude.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
The word "trounce" was the least off-putting part of that pile of keyboard diarrhea

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Can someone explain to me what they mean by "You talkin' like you hangin' in a closet! " ?

Slavvy posted:

Boomer lead poisoning.

I mean, this has to be a thing right? Like a proven thing with studies?

Communist Walrus posted:

Gather round KIDS let me tell you about how I ESCALATED a MINOR and PROBABLY UNINTENTIONAL slight and..................turned my joyride into AGGRAVATED STALKING!!

The crazy thing is; I've done way worse to groups of harley riders than those riders did to him. It's a lovely thing to do to a rider to pass them like that, because you don't want to spook the horses.

But I (and a friend) have leapfrogged up a group of 50 slow harleys on mountain roads. Just jumping up 10 riders at a time when there is a gap and lane sharing until the next gap. gently caress em.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 5, 2020

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Coydog posted:

Can someone explain to me what they mean by "You talkin' like you hangin' in a closet! " ?

With the context I'm going to say stiff, like an overstarched shirt.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'll bet he heard it in a movie once and thought it sounded cool.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They're all trying to sound like jack burton.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coydog posted:

Uhhh this has been answered many times please do a search, locking thread

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Coydog posted:

But I (and a friend) have leapfrogged up a group of 50 slow harleys on mountain roads. Just jumping up 10 riders at a time when there is a gap and lane sharing until the next gap. gently caress em.

That’s fine though. Passing someone on both sides and the immediately exiting is dumb. The guy in that quote is also dumb so I guess all is right in the world.

My bikes too slow to pass on most twisty roads. One time I was stuck behind an Aston Martin and two Harleys going sooooo slowly. Like maybe 20mph on a road with a 50mph speed limit. Luckily it was only for like 5 minutes.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Coydog posted:

I mean, this has to be a thing right? Like a proven thing with studies?

Pretty much, yeah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead%E2%80%93crime_hypothesis

You gotta read between the lines of that article a bit because it's specifically about crime rates, but put "Lead exposure in childhood leads anger problems, impulse control issues, lower intelligence" and "Lead was in literally everything until the late 70 / early 80s" together and yeah.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 6, 2020

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Between leaded gas and CFCs, Thomas Midgely is one of history's biggest rat-bastards.

(If we're being honest with ourselves, while he was a willing part of the process, in his absence somebody else would have figured out the bad chemistry in his place, and more to blame is the entire capitalist culture that preferentially values stock values going up right now over innumerable casualties down the line due to dumping astonishing amounts of weird poo poo into the atmosphere)

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

From a thread whining about not liking how other people do motorcycles, we get a double dose of dog-whistle sexism and complaining about a younger generation.

quote:

Driving up a major highway to see one of my daughters yesterday taking another one of my daughters with me. 1.5-2 hours each way so we have a chance to talk about this and that. She doesn't ride but likes bikes and was thinking one day she may get one. She used to come riding with me when she was much younger. I spotted a couple of riders riding retro bikes ahead of us and said "look honey, there's a couple of girls over there, lets see what they're on..." So the girls were wearing open faced 3/4 retro helmets with goggles, leather satchels draped over their shoulders, short black leather jackets and tight fitting black jeans with high top sneakers, riding TR Bonnie variants,. The problem was they weren't girls. They were hipster dudes. :-) We both had a good chuckle because they were doing maybe 55 mph.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 1, 2020

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

How do you pronounce pannier?

quote:

Guys I cycled with all called them pan-yers.

Hard to mispronounce boxes or bags. It's like ordering #7 on a menu at an ethnic restaurant. Or in my case pointing at it and saying I'll have this.

quote:

The ugly sounding Anglo pronunciation is correct. The nice-sounding way is only for douche bags trying to sound French, or is it "do-shay" bags? :lol3

The same dingus who constantly starts threads to whine about what other people do with their motorcycles posted:

EXACTLY! Another of my pet peeves is someone saying "I was driving my motorcycle", really? Your motorcycle is enclosed, has upright seating side by side which you lean back onto with your feet in front, a foot controlled throttle and a steering wheel? Never seen anyone "drive" a motorcycle like that.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
ADVrider never disappoints. What a cesspool (yeah I know where I'm posting lol). Bet they are a treat to share a beer with at an "ethnic" restaurant.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
When I was in highschool an instructor went on a tangent once about how you don't ride a bicycle, you drive it, because riding is a passive activity and driving implies control.

Anyway I'm not sure what people who have pet peeves about proper terminology hope to achieve by pointing it out. That's somehow worse than the dudes that come out of nowhere to correct people on using the word clip when they mean magazine.

But I guess if any time you posted anything anywhere you got a popup that said "hey, who gives a poo poo?" half the internet would disappear.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Strife posted:

When I was in highschool an instructor went on a tangent once about how you don't ride a bicycle, you drive it, because riding is a passive activity and driving implies control.

My 1920 edition of practical motorcycling calls it driving for this exact reason, the author is presumably very dead now but he'd fit right in on both forums I think.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I exclusively ~operate~ my motorcycle.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
So when I'm out "driving" Sharon, and I give her The Throttle to ACCELERATE out of Danger, and she responds to my every thought as my thighs grip her svelte lines, that's not Riding. Sure.

You guys sound like my (ex)Wife.... lol ;)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

So when I'm out "driving" Sharon, and I give her The Throttle to ACCELERATE out of Danger, and she responds to my every thought as my thighs grip her svelte lines, that's not Riding. Sure.

Thanks, I've got reading cancer now.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Coydog posted:

(USER'S BIKES WERE CRUSHED FOR THIS POST)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ought ten posted:

I exclusively ~operate~ my motorcycle.
Yes but do you tootle melodiously?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
i peruse a couple topical forums now on advrider and it's annoying when you get the Boomers Who Type Like This showing up to post dumb chud memes.

like this one dude in the FE501 thread who you can tell is just bursting at the seams to go on an anti-blm tirade at any given moment

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

How do you pronounce pannier?

that guy in the middle drives me especially insane because "douche" is pronounced exactly the same way in english and french

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Razzled posted:

i peruse a couple topical forums now on advrider and it's annoying when you get the Boomers Who Type Like This showing up to post dumb chud memes.

like this one dude in the FE501 thread who you can tell is just bursting at the seams to go on an anti-blm tirade at any given moment

That guy is the worst. That’s otherwise not a bad thread but yeah...

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

Strife posted:

But I guess if any time you posted anything anywhere you got a popup that said "hey, who gives a poo poo?" half the internet would disappear.

Funny looking back at it now, but when I first joined SA, the "you make a post on the internet, hope it doesn't suck" disclaimer kept me from posting for a long time.

I guess not everyone shares that outlook.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

PolishPandaBear posted:

Funny looking back at it now, but when I first joined SA, the "you make a post on the internet, hope it doesn't suck" disclaimer kept me from posting for a long time.

I guess not everyone shares that outlook.

When you look back at old SA posts, it's cringey at times how hard people were trying to make Good Posts.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I do generally try to apply the “is this adding to the conversation, or is it at least funny” litmus test.

Yeah, believe it or not, my posts passed that test, at least to me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I do generally try to apply the “is this adding to the conversation, or is it at least funny” litmus test.

Yeah, believe it or not, my posts passed that test, at least to me

haha lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have been told that my posts are jewel encrusted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh gosh I'm so sorry for the confusion. We said "Buell Encrusted". That's why we said your posts were "such a Blast".