Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the philisoher who tells men they should clean their room getting dazzled by the one who looks and acts like an urban raccoon cursed to wear the shape of a man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

His confession that the only thing he did to prepare was read the Communist Manifesto a few nights before is the perfect distillation of his delusional arrogance. He's like a giant version of the annoying precocious kid in the gifted and talented program that won't stop trying to tell the teacher about his unified theory of everything he cobbled together by watching Nova and reading an illustrated book about the Roman empire.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Shear Modulus posted:

peterson wrote a 700-page self help book for incels

those must be the most detailed instructions for how to jack off ever written

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

this is the one where peterson did like zero prep work beyond reading a Wikipedia page on communism and zizek utterly destroyed him like a hotdog to the point that peterson just stares at zizek like a teenager seeing titty for the first time right?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gringostar posted:

this is the one where peterson did like zero prep work beyond reading a Wikipedia page on communism and zizek utterly destroyed him like a hotdog to the point that peterson just stares at zizek like a teenager seeing titty for the first time right?

Yep lol

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

SubnormalityStairs posted:

Jorp is very much a canuckachud. He has managed to sound intellectual in presentations and interviews, so naturally whenever he speaks conservatives nod sagely. But his arguments are, as with all conservatives, extremely bad-faith. He seriously argued that the fact that men are more likely to be the victims of violence than women is evidence that the patriarchy doesn't exist. He's very, very bad.

They also make this argument about all the men dying in wars.

Because rich men getting male politicians to draft poor men to go die in battles for the benefit of said rich men is all women's fault, somehow.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Here I am slaving away in the (home) office 12 hours a day at a real job when apparently I could have made a good living complaining about women on the internet.

First time I came across MGTOW was when I stumbled on an Australian lunatic who had a youtube channel called "garage arts"- I guess his gig was making costume masks in his garage, who had a few videos of said masks and then hundreds of videos of him berating and shouting obsceneties at his soon-to-be divorced Chinese wife and daughter, who just ignore him throughout the videos.

Like most things on Youtube it was amusing for about a half hour.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Shear Modulus posted:

what's MGTOW

it’s pronounced:
COCK RUB WARRIORS! :black101:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Magic the Gathering Online Exchange

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

bedpan posted:

mycrimes.txt

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

They also make this argument about all the men dying in wars.

Because rich men getting male politicians to draft poor men to go die in battles for the benefit of said rich men is all women's fault, somehow.

he also argued that patriarchy doesn't exist cause countries like england had queens sometimes. :lol:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

bedpan posted:

Isn't that just Mt. Gox?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Mt. Cox is what I call the retreat me and the lads go to once a month. We’re not part of MGTOW, we just enjoy the camaraderie and naked wrestling

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kit Walker posted:

Mt. Cox is what I call the retreat me and the lads go to once a month. We’re not part of MGTOW, we just enjoy the camaraderie and naked wrestling

Let 'em out
Ride 'em in!
RAWHIDE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKC8pSFg1Vw

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jack 'em off!
Charge 'em up!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!
Bread Liar
Still prefer the Blues Brothers version.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/coachhargitt/status/1292671587859042304

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

lol this guy's coworkers probably want to beat him to death with a bat for licking administrative boot

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

it’s gone, what was it?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1292879754559881216

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

N. Senada posted:

it’s gone, what was it?

that wienie :lol:

"I told my wife as fall prepares to start “if I die of COVID (and I doubt I will) at least my sons will know I stood up for doing what is right and going to work & educating and molding young people rather than hiding” she responded “agreed “ ❗️❗️💪💪💪"

— Coach Hargitt (@coachhargitt) August 10, 2020

he would die for corona but a little bit of twitter dunking is too much apparently

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Mr Interweb posted:

that wienie :lol:

"I told my wife as fall prepares to start “if I die of COVID (and I doubt I will) at least my sons will know I stood up for doing what is right and going to work & educating and molding young people rather than hiding” she responded “agreed “ ❗️❗️💪💪💪"

— Coach Hargitt (@coachhargitt) August 10, 2020

he would die for corona but a little bit of twitter dunking is too much apparently

Or more likely that poo poo was in fact getting around to colleagues and students/parents and whatnot. It didn't look like a very anonymous account.

It could possibly have even bugged the upper people he was brown nosing no doubt.

Like "Please don't describe going back to our school as killing yourself, honorably or otherwise".

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If the coronavirus kills me for forcing young children to play sports during a pandemic then I will face God and walk backwards into Hell

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

lomarf

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

:wow:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I never got or understood the complete contempt and utter hate for the god damned postal service or its workers. Like, at all. I've rarely had a problem with them for any reason and out of the all the times I was in long line I may have waited in around xmas time or something, it may have been 30 - 45 minutes tops. The idea of a service existing that's not a for profit enterprise is just anathema to these idiots.

Why does the GOP have such a hate boner for the constitutionally mandated USPS? The IRS I kind of get because dealing with them is a stone bitch and rivals Comcast, Verizon, CitiBank, Chase, BofA and all those other for profit industries that make my life a living hell more often than I'd like to remember. But my public library, the USPS and even the DMV have never given me as much trouble or wasted as much of my time as the profit driven services they champion.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
because it proves their dumbass ideology wrong

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The Postal Service has a high proportion of African-American employees. It provides a good middle class living (with a pension!) for Those People.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

FMguru posted:

The Postal Service has a high proportion of African-American employees. It provides a good middle class living (with a pension!) for Those People.

And probably one of the best unions in the country

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

BiggerBoat posted:

I never got or understood the complete contempt and utter hate for the god damned postal service or its workers. Like, at all. I've rarely had a problem with them for any reason and out of the all the times I was in long line I may have waited in around xmas time or something, it may have been 30 - 45 minutes tops. The idea of a service existing that's not a for profit enterprise is just anathema to these idiots.

Why does the GOP have such a hate boner for the constitutionally mandated USPS? The IRS I kind of get because dealing with them is a stone bitch and rivals Comcast, Verizon, CitiBank, Chase, BofA and all those other for profit industries that make my life a living hell more often than I'd like to remember. But my public library, the USPS and even the DMV have never given me as much trouble or wasted as much of my time as the profit driven services they champion.

Bad stand up.

No, seriously. When Nixon deregulated the Post Office and turned it from a government agency to a for-profit business, postage rates increased and service slowed due to restrictions on hiring new employees and overtime restrictions. All of this chipped away at the post offices image as this stalwart quasi-military organization that always got poo poo done, to a bumbling pack of Cliff Clavens.

At the same time, UPS and Airborne Express could compete on a much larger scale and suddenly people were getting in days what used to take up to a week. So the post office looks like a slow child placed in the AP class, and lazy half-assed night club comics had a easy target for crappy jokes. "So whats the deal with the post office?!"

That, and the whole going postal thing in the 80s.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Comes back to the Kansas thing. They got their republican super majority and enacted all the regressive policies with no real push back and the state rapidly turned into a flaming mess. The result was not an accident, it's what these monsters want.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The postal shootings seem tame and quaint in our current atmosphere of constant school shootings and gun massacres in entertainment venues. I feel like the concept of them was quashed in popular culture, perhaps because the capitalist class felt it set a bad example for former employees in an incredibly dehumanizing and ruthless job market.

Or maybe the current very PC, HR-dominated corporate atmosphere just succeeded in eliminating the hellish, disrespectful hyper-macho office environment that drove people to workplace shootings. idk

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

BiggerBoat posted:

They have good, Union jobs with pensions. AM Radio dickheads take any government job that is well paid and yell into people's ears that YOUR TAX DOLLARS are giving that MAILMAN better pay than YOU a hard working MECHANIC! It's the same reason CHUDs are always attacking teachers. They're all crabs in a bucket trying to pull everyone else down.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

MunchE posted:

They have good, Union jobs with pensions. AM Radio dickheads take any government job that is well paid and yell into people's ears that YOUR TAX DOLLARS are giving that MAILMAN better pay than YOU a hard working MECHANIC! It's the same reason CHUDs are always attacking teachers. They're all crabs in a bucket trying to pull everyone else down.

The post office receives zero tax dollars for operational expenses. They get some tax dollars for specific programs, but not for salaries, buildings, etc.

Not that that matters when you try to explain it to the type of person who hates the post office.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The post office receives zero tax dollars for operational expenses. They get some tax dollars for specific programs, but not for salaries, buildings, etc.

Not that that matters when you try to explain it to the type of person who hates the post office.

That's only since Nixon gutted it iirc and is a big factor in its decline

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's only since Nixon gutted it iirc and is a big factor in its decline

Seriously, have the Fed take over USPS and fold the pension system into the current federal pension, most of it's problems go away.

Hell it would probably be a revenue generator for the Treasury.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The kind of person who hates the person is not even remotely interested in facts.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 229 days!

pseudanonymous posted:

The kind of person who hates the person is not even remotely interested in facts.

to help the reader understand this mindset:

the usps is a witch
facts are witchery and tricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1292984224518209537