Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

lol why do ppl tweet dumb poo poo at cody and then delete it when he responds like do they not realize he regularly responds earnestly to stuff like that

He actually responded to Cody with a big tirade about Orange Cassidy and Brandi and WCW and Tony Khan, then he got worried about getting "doxed by AEW fans" so he protected his account. His twitter also had like a million posts about the Premier League being corrupt and retweeted takes about Kylie Rae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/codyrhodes/status/1291901116557533184?s=21

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

lol why do ppl tweet dumb poo poo at cody and then delete it when he responds like do they not realize he regularly responds earnestly to stuff like that

https://twitter.com/yacobg42/status/1290313955475255296

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Brandonturrisi/status/1292540668498325507

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

edited out because the Confederate flag is in this dude's profile pic

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 10, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know that's why it's a bad opinion but it rules that he not only picked old guys but Raven and Dreamer who have both done creative before.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy's name is boblaw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

I know that's why it's a bad opinion but it rules that he not only picked old guys but Raven and Dreamer who have both done creative before.

imo give Taz the book

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tony Khan is younger than like 40% of the wrestlers he's booking

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Younger guys like 55 year old Raven & 49 year old Tommy Dreamer & 52 year old Taz. Guys who've been around wrestling since for over 3 decades.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 10, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well if you sort the population by age those guys are younger than 15%. and if you sort the popluation by sex i am at the bottom. workshopping that one. grinding

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tommy Dreamer's only 49 what the gently caress

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rarity posted:

25 years of "wrestling like Tommy Dreamer" will do that to a man's body

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
to be fair, it's probably equal parts wrestling like tommy dreamer and being tommy dreamer inbetween wrestling like tommy dreamer

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Holy poo poo, Dreamer had just turned thirty when the Invasion started? I'm thirty-seven and I look at least a decade younger than he did at the time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

They did a retirement angle for him in 1999!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

gently caress that racist piece of poo poo and his Confederate flag. Why the gently caress are you people posting that poo poo here? Don't post that poo poo in this loving thread.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

@___@

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm a little heated but let me explain further, since most of the posters here are white: to a person of color in America the Confederate flag is the equivalent of the Nazi flag. Please don't post that stuff and the people that worship it here.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pinche Rudo posted:

gently caress that racist piece of poo poo and his Confederate flag. Why the gently caress are you people posting that poo poo here? Don't post that poo poo in this loving thread.

Pinche Rudo posted:

I'm a little heated but let me explain further, since most of the posters here are white: to a person of color in America the Confederate flag is the equivalent of the Nazi flag. Please don't post that stuff and the people that worship it here.

I completely agree, but which post are you referring to?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

its gone now but was quoted by forkboy84

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Probably the guy who's tweets started this convo who I've just realised has a giant Confederate flag in his profile pic.

Pinche Rudo, sorry I didn't spot it any say anything earlier :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Edited it out and PM'd Pinche to apologize, but I wanted to say again and publicly I'm sorry for linking that

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay, I didn't actually visit his Twitter page. I thought I was losing my mind that I had somehow missed a big honking Confederate flag on this page.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

No problem, I'm not mad at anyone. Stuff like this happens, people may not have seen the flag initially and just looked at the text of the tweet. Thanks for being so responsive!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sorry for posting my dumb emote face. i never really thought about the consequences of linking a profile like that here because of the intent behind it being to collectively deride whatever they were saying. i shouldn't have needed to read the posts about it to start nodding along that being made to view a symbol of hatred for you is unacceptable no matter the context. i think your post will help little jesters like me to avoid unintentionally raising such alarm, discomfort, anger, or any combination of those in our posting family. thanks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here's a good old fashioned take to help turn around a bad day.

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1292849843585548290

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

follow the buzzards

into the stinking toilet!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

WrestleTalk writer is an idiot, news at 11

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

MassRafTer posted:

"WWE fans lack patience for long-term storylines."

Summer of Punk lasted 9 days. That wasn't the fans' fault.

--

Sidebar: WWE lacks patience with their own loving creations. Yeah, we have The Fiend, but at The Horror Show at Extreme Rules: The Horror Show, it was Swamp Wyatt, not The Fiend or Super Happy Fun Time Bray Wyatt that wrestled. At the end of Matt Hardy's latest run, Broken Matt disappeared and 1998-1999 Matt was the one getting poo poo on by Randy Orton. What story are they telling here? "Matt's healed, so he's normal again just in time for us to let him go"?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Already deleted, how hot was the take?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I have no idea what these people see in The Fiend. I get why people like things I’m obviously not the target demo for. I get why kids like John Cena. Fiend fans are a mystery to me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Looks like he deleted the tweets so here's screenshots and the punchline:

There are tweets I expect to get deleted because they are kind of racist or horny or threatening but when Fiend fiends can't stand behind The Fiend it's a sad day.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
TWEET HEAT

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am so tired of people tying bows on the Fiend. I liked Firefly Funhouse at first but how the gently caress can anybody still think it's THE BEST CHARACTER IN YEARS?

God, I hate WrestleTalk.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The Fiend

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Fiend wishes he was Abadon

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

I am so tired of people tying bows on the Fiend. I liked Firefly Funhouse at first but how the gently caress can anybody still think it's THE BEST CHARACTER IN YEARS?

God, I hate WrestleTalk.

Because they only watch WWE & there have been no good characters in WWE in years.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MJeff posted:

I really liked the build up of the Fiend but his matches suck and he comes off like a very creative guy who is a terrible fit for modern weekly wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I really liked the build up of the Fiend but his matches suck and he comes off like a very creative guy who is a terrible fit for modern weekly wrestling.

The Fiend would be a million times better in AEW because they'd actually put some effort into his video production. And that's not saying "The Fiend should go to AEW" because I don't want that.