Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

the waking up animation isnt realistic at all

it should take the commando several hours to muster the energy to get out of bed
And it should look something like this

Pixelate posted:

:reddit: Turns out there's a "but grab" death animation. My life is complete.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlushingStrongDinosaurKreygasm
Mind the gap your step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

Lammasu posted:

So on the off chance that Squadron 42 is released and comes to consoles would anyone here pick it up? I mean I do like some of the actors in it and I have more Microsoft points than I know what to do with so it's not like it would cost me anything.

For me, it would be a Duke Nukem Forever scenario, just a finally to see the product that has been forced to release no matter what the state of it is.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

New patch! Oh what elations!
But soon, vented frustrations.
"You are to blame.
It's not a game.
Manage your expectations."

(:effort:)

HorseBodyInspector
Dec 14, 2018
Reddit gold incoming
So somebody buy 1.035.000,00 UEC UAC for aporixmately 1.000 USD.

quote:

DON'T BUY UEC (self.starcitizen)

Hello all,

In the last few months, I have spent some time at home and I have been buying UEC, for when the new 3.10 update comes out, I could start my character with the UEC that I have purchased!!

( BTW I already bought ¤1.035.000,00 UEC = a lot of money )

as a normal person went to ask the concierge for help, that it took 5 days to get!!!

"here's the answer given by the concierge"

- Hello @@@@@@

Please note, RSI Support staff do not have a way to do a "full" or "complete" reset. We have access to the same reset tool that players have been given access to. If a reset has not corrected the issue, please be patient as our teams work on a more permanent fix.

Support is not able to replace or restore any aUEC at this time while we're testing long-term persistence and our back-end systems. All aUEC accrued through pledges will be available when the game is released, though[
!

He cannot use UAC, but it is not a problem because once SC is released all purchased UAC will be available for his account.

This even better then selling land claims

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Peepers posted:

New patch! Oh what elations!
But soon, vented frustrations.
"You are to blame.
It's not a game.
Manage your expectations."

(:effort:)

I'd go for something like: "Soon though, crazy frustrations," simply because "vented frustrations" doesn't tie-in together smoothly.

Still, though: :five:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

HorseBodyInspector posted:

Reddit gold incoming
So somebody buy 1.035.000,00 UEC UAC for aporixmately 1.000 USD.

He cannot use UAC, but it is not a problem because once SC is released all purchased UAC will be available for his account.

This even better then selling land claims

Did they point him to the 1 hour long session "What is release really though?" by Crobbler? They should.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

:lol:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

lol

IAbsolveMyself
Feb 9, 2020
It has been a full two weeks since lying Tyler promised a roadmap to the roadmap. Step 1 (give an explanation of the goals of our new Roadmap and what to expect from it) remains unfulfilled. Tyler said the roadmap would be delivered in the "immediate future." Back in March, he promised regular updates, and these were announced to be implemented "with immediate effect." Still nothing.

quote:

im·me·di·ate
/iˈmēdēət/

adjective
occurring or done at once; instant.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
CIG operates on geological timescale.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

IAbsolveMyself posted:

It has been a full two weeks since lying Tyler promised a roadmap to the roadmap. Step 1 (give an explanation of the goals of our new Roadmap and what to expect from it) remains unfulfilled. Tyler said the roadmap would be delivered in the "immediate future." Back in March, he promised regular updates, and these were announced to be implemented "with immediate effect." Still nothing.

CIG we're gonna need to see a roadmap to the roadmap to the roadmap. If you don't I will be forced to buy only 1 Idris this month.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

What sort of dog is that?

A RoboDog

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Reverse waterfalls in SC (in the future)

Lets face it, the developers probably want waterfalls at some point in the future. Just came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_snHyCh3V8

First thing I thought of was planets in SC with high windspeeds and how this would make sense. Yes yes I know SC has 1000 other problems to deal with first but...

I M A G I N E

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Pixelate posted:

SC always delivers :v:

A train arrives, and then another train arrives inside that train causing a fatal butt grab. You can't come up with this stuff lol

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

It's actually a very high fidelity response, two trains means you need to grab both cheeks.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Have they removed nearly all the NPCs from the game?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

All the devs "in defense" here have a completely different tone though. At least in my experience.

Those attacking are usually pretty absolute in their language. "The project is obviously so far behind because we haven't seen XYZ" type stuff.

Those defending are usually more loose with what they're saying. "No, XYZ is probably in earlier stages, or not suitable for multiplayer servers, like some other stuff shown on SCL".

This nuance is what you are missing from your argument here. Absolutism based on hatred we know exists vs actually looking at a problem and applying Occam's Razor tempered with their experience.

To go along with the theme, I'm a former Game Dev (only 3 years) turned Embedded Systems Engineer. Changed cause the industry is poo poo behind the scenes.

IAbsolveMyself
Feb 9, 2020
:tif:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/issue-council-needs-an-issue-council

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I'd go for something like: "Soon though, crazy frustrations," simply because "vented frustrations" doesn't tie-in together smoothly.

Still, though: :five:

Known issues, here's a list:
Line second needs a twist.
We would fix it,
But must nix it,
'Cause that dev broke his wrist.

:v:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That was one of my favorite bugs. The more a bug got reported and it hit a certain limit would count down or negative or something else I can't remember.

You can see this dumpster fire burn from space.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

IAbsolveMyself posted:

They're still trying to find a way to lie to the backers without lying to the investors. They can't tell the backers "we're almost there guys!" without the investors saying "I heard you say you're almost there, is that true?". Right now it's time for Operation: Kick the Can Down the Road

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Strangler 42 posted:

They're still trying to find a way to lie to the backers without lying to the investors. They can't tell the backers "we're almost there guys!" without the investors saying "I heard you say you're almost there, is that true?". Right now it's time for Operation: Kick the Can Down the Road

"Lots of people say we're really close to release" - :trustme:

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Dooguk posted:

Have they removed nearly all the NPCs from the game?

They subsumed and are out exploring the universe, living their lives, ordering drinks, t-posing..

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Mirificus posted:

Changed cause the industry is poo poo behind the scenes.

OH WEIRD

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

commando in tophat posted:

They subsumed and are out exploring the universe, living their lives, ordering drinks, t-posing..

The rest are standing on seats in some bizarre protest at being left behind. Ark Fleet Ship B in reverse?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/Afepd6i.mp4

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Pixelate posted:

:reddit: Well, This Is Awkward..

If you're happy and you know it

clap your... oh

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

The Titanic posted:

So just out of curiosity but what does snowboarding and Star Citizen even have in common? Can you actually snow board? As trademark infringing as it was, at least their star kitten nonsense was actually space-based.

If I had to guess, Chris maybe stumbled across Ring of Elysium one night and decided their space ship game needed Battle Royale on skis and snowboards.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

That reminds me. Does anyone have my Ben Lesnick Pacific Rim gif anywhere? I can't find it.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

This down under guy is funny. He thinks The Agent is a CIG dev. So say we all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nvtiBolVvs

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I thought everyone knew The Agent was Erin Roberts?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Thoatse posted:

If you're happy and you know it

clap your... oh

I'll bail you out.

If your're happy and you know it clap your pledge.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Dooguk posted:

The rest are standing on seats in some bizarre protest at being left behind. Ark Fleet Ship B in reverse?

It’s the dev team that qualify as useless bloody loonies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pixelate posted:

No violent bowel emptying, no fidelity

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Sunswipe posted:

I thought everyone knew The Agent was Erin Roberts?

I always thought The Agent was Sandi. I never

Anyone else having a guess?

Who is this fella from down under thinking he called it?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Guys we can stop pretending The Agent isn't Derek Smart reddit already figured that out ages ago and we're only making ourselves look like idiots with this charade

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Thoatse posted:

Guys we can stop pretending The Agent isn't Derek Smart reddit already figured that out ages ago and we're only making ourselves look like idiots with this charade

You are not the real Throatse. Where is the cute animal gif?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/CloudImperium/status/1286379564122255360
https://twitter.com/CloudImperium/status/1286379841470607361
https://twitter.com/CloudImperium/status/1288180556765655040
https://twitter.com/CloudImperium/status/1288180777201438720
https://twitter.com/CloudImperium/status/1288893964305592320

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

MedicineHut posted:

This down under guy is funny. He thinks The Agent is a CIG dev. So say we all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nvtiBolVvs
I'm glad after 5 years of posting this poo poo I'm finally getting qanon level people thinking I'm some kind of super insider dev and not some fat loving idiot that gets a bunch of fakey bullshit emails and posts them to a dead comedy forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
jesus christ why is andrew watson in a full on fursuit